• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

-Googs

Smash Lord
How does a raw tag work? i'm running zero/frank/vergil and im trying to learn the dhc glitch where you dhc zero in after survival techniques then "raw tag" frank in with the camera? How do you do get frank in so fast after zero's Sougenmu

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
@Brightside

I can always fish for grabs. Heck if I get a grab a SJ height I can pop XF3 and get to the ground so fast that I have time to OTG into combo. Try it for yourself. If I have the health lead you have to work like a dog to catch Spiderman dancing around the screen. That's the main reason he's my anchor.

I use the Web Ball assist. Be smart about how you use it and it works wonders at times.

Spiderman is not the best anchor but WHAT I DO with him works. If it ain't exposed don't fix it. I know my team setup is not very strong in reality but judging from JWong's Iron Fist, I'm all for improving my skills as a player over using a strong setup anyday.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
did someone just say anchor strider isn't good and to just block?

that **** is like vanilla phoenix, he activates orbs, hits x-factor, then your character dies for no effort

literally stupidest **** in this game, you can't block it, physically cannot block that when he's in x-factor
I feel like strider mains shouldn't activate x-factor when they activate orbs. He should only activate it once on his second/third character. Strider by himself, no x-factor/meter is kind of hopeless against two characters.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
@Brightside

I can always fish for grabs. Heck if I get a grab a SJ height I can pop XF3 and get to the ground so fast that I have time to OTG into combo. Try it for yourself. If I have the health lead you have to work like a dog to catch Spiderman dancing around the screen. That's the main reason he's my anchor.

I use the Web Ball assist. Be smart about how you use it and it works wonders at times.

Spiderman is not the best anchor but WHAT I DO with him works. If it ain't exposed don't fix it. I know my team setup is not very strong in reality but judging from JWong's Iron Fist, I'm all for improving my skills as a player over using a strong setup anyday.
I've never tried that but I never use x-factor with spiderman unless I'm going for a sure finish. If that's your one of your reasons for using him as anchor then many other characters can combo without popping... sooo yeah that's not a plus.

I've been running away with spiderman since vanilla no point bringing that up.

Web ball is mediocre if you are going to use it for teleport setups you are better off using a faster beam assist or if you are using it for cover then it literally has no durability and will get blasted away by anything. The oply real thing it has going for it is the slow speed and how little scaling it adds.

If what your saying "works" then you need to give a long honest look at either the caliber of the players or the conditions of online play. Of course some ridiculous setups will work when you have 20frames of lag backing you up. You haven't even given any reason WHY you think he's a good anchor besides a gimmick that doesn't work offline and the ability to combo off SJ height only when x-factor is available. You claim you understand the char yet I honestly doubt that considering what you think is viable even at a average level of play.

Also don't use Jwong as an example. He's good with Iron Fist because he understands what he CANT do. You don't see him trying to run him as an anchor character when his strengths are obviously more attuned for being on point.

Honestly I don't give a **** if you want to run spiderman as an anchor. But if you are going to have an over inflated ego and claim it's effective you better have some decent reasons backing you up.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
spiderman isn't a bad anchor

it's just his assists suck so you're pretty much limiting yourself on the team to have only one decent assist, there should be absolutely no reason to use spiderman as an anchor over using him on point, especially when he can run away from all the bull**** in the beginning better than 95% of the cast

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I think people are confusing "X-Factor lvl 3 is broken" with "X character is a good anchor"

Every character is a great anchor in XF3, you touch of death literally everything in the game with every character. An actual good anchor is one that even without X-Factor 3 can still function extremely well. Except for like, Strider. Strider is just "Hope you get a kill and 3 meters then X-Factor Oroboros until you've won"

Turazrok

Smash Master
I have trouble beating spider man.. :(

IDK wtf he do he be webbin all over me I block like wtf halp

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I just realized Chris g's current x 23 hsien ko chun team is more similar to my old setup than what I'm currently using. I really need to find the best compliment to x23+leilei.

:phone:

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
I think people are confusing "X-Factor lvl 3 is broken" with "X character is a good anchor"
Exactly my point.

My theory is to put anchor Spiderman behind a great player and it will work. Yes it's seems kind of pointless and less efficient than point but thanks to XF3 you can comeback.

Just think about Wesker alone + XF3. It SHOULDN'T work but players like Noel Brown used to make it work abusing his speed and able to make good reads. And his mobility is much weaker than Spiderman.

If anchor Spiderman still feels dumb to the community then I'm okay with that, but you gotta give it a chance. I'm fully aware of Spiderman's weaknesses even with assists, but I believe some of them can be ignored with XF3 + great player.

I'm just average (yet many say I'm decent/smart) so this is all theory BUT I'm the only one putting it into practice.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i have won matches with hsien ko last with xf3

people did it with vanilla haggar every now and then

anything is possible, and if anything looks like potentially good tech then just go for it because the game is young and that creativity moves it forward

sanchaz

Smash Lord
i have won matches with hsien ko last with xf3

people did it with vanilla haggar every now and then

anything is possible, and if anything looks like potentially good tech then just go for it because the game is young and that creativity moves it forward
I take it no one plays zero, magneto, dante, wesker, dorm, vergil, or spencer in your region.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
the team i defeated with xf3 hsien ko in a tournament used both wesker and magneto

do not discount possibilities

i do not purposely put her last, but sometimes people who snap in my intended anchor end up facing hsien ko last instead

sanchaz

Smash Lord
the team i defeated with xf3 hsien ko in a tournament used both wesker and magneto

i do not purposely put her last, but sometimes people who snap in my intended anchor end up facing hsien ko last instead
so his controller was unplugged?

Brightside6382

Smash Lord

every character is decent with xf3. But the real question is was your comeback a fluke or is it something you can claim some sort of consistency with.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
someone forgot to block

that's the only way i could see hsien-ko ever landing a hit on the opponent, x-factor or not

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Honestly as cool as it is, Marvel had the same exact controversy happen when House of M premiered.

The problem isn't that it's Spain's royalty, but it is literally copyrighted. People saying the king of Spain got mad have no ****ing clue.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Honestly as cool as it is, Marvel had the same exact controversy happen when House of M premiered.

The problem isn't that it's Spain's royalty, but it is literally copyrighted. People saying the king of Spain got mad have no ****ing clue.
I wasn't aware you could copyright a specific choice of clothing. Allow me to trademark the combination of the items I'm wearing so that anyone who wears anything similar to it in any work of fiction will have to pay me outrageous royalty fees or suffer censure.

See how stupid that is when you put it into perspective?

On topic, I think my PS3 is choking on dust, so I'm only going to be on the Vita version for the foreseeable future until I can clean it out. Dark Phoenix totally annihilates my framerate on her victory and transformation cutscenes.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
You can copyright your own image though. It's the same reason they cant just put Nicholas Cage into UMvC3 and instead had to put in that lame dude with the flaming head pretending to be Nic Cage. It's not "Magneto dressed like the king of spain" it's "Magneto as: The King of Spain."

They may be able to fight their way around it but it would be a long and costly battle.

S l o X

Smash Champion
First fighting game I've picked up ever. I actually really want to get into the game. I don't own it yet but I play with a stick my friend owns. We play like three times a week. Any tips for me? I've been watching a lot of videos but not really learning as much as I'd hope to, although they are all REALLY entertaining. (I want to learn Viper but she looks ridiculously hard and I don't know how Marlin does so many Seismic Hammers)

Top Bottom