• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

mood4food77

Smash Hero
first off, this game is probably the easiest fighter outside of smash to play

for a character to play, viper isn't a good choice, she's broken as **** but she's one of the hardest characters in the game to play

it's probably best to start off with wesker with a beam assist and some other assist of your choice, i only say wesker because he's so simple, using him will teach you the basics of the game and how to use assists properly (this is super duper important, so you don't get happy birthday'd a lot)

start simple

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i wouldn't discourage a new player from using a character just because the peak of playing that character is difficult. you can still use viper if you want to, even if you are not at marlinpie's level yet. even with complicated characters, you can choose to start simply.

i started with my favorite characters from the get-go and to this day i can still contend with america's conceived "top tiers"

honestly mindsets like that are the reason americans lost to ageojoe.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
What do people think of a Cap, Iron Man, Spencer team. Shield slash, unibeam, and slanted grapple as my assists. And could someone explain how fly loops work and hitstun degrading.

TL?

Smash Ace
i wouldn't discourage a new player from using a character just because the peak of playing that character is difficult. you can still use viper if you want to, even if you are not at marlinpie's level yet. even with complicated characters, you can choose to start simply.

i started with my favorite characters from the get-go and to this day i can still contend with america's conceived "top tiers"

honestly mindsets like that are the reason americans lost to ageojoe.
The last sentence is a bit of a stretch but I agree with everything above it. If you're new, try out the characters and pick who you like. Just going straight to wesker might make you think the game is boring and not fun (unless of course you actually like wesker).

S l o X

Smash Champion
Doom seems pretty easy to me. His air combos are easy and his otg is his M/H. >_> He also has what seems to be a really good projectile.

Deadpool is really annoying to fight. I'll just keep messing with characters.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it's better to use a simple character and compete than to use a broken *** character that requires time and knowledge to use and get blown up

If you want simple characters, use Cap'n America, Wesker or Ryu (I guess >_>)

You can always use your favorite characters. A character's ease of use or well... Godlike-ness, doesn't really matter since this is Marvel we're taking about. Anything can happen since weaknesses of a character are usually covered by his or her partners.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
wesker, cap, and wolverine are probably the easiest characters to use in the game

a team of wolverine/wesker/sentinel is real simple and actually a very viable team, sentinel is pretty easy to do, just good luck opening up an opponent with a brain

mood4food77

Smash Hero
any beam assist

literally, you put in plasma beam or something similar and you're team is bull****

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
How do u guys feel about a hagar, ammy, aruther team?

Keep in mind i suck and do mostly the most basic or 1 lvl up fom the most basic combo

:phone:

mood4food77

Smash Hero
doom is more brain dead, get lucky foot dive hit, OTG, prosper

at least wesker you have to know how to open up people

haggar/ammy/arthur isn't a bad, arthur and haggar have great synergy

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
both of those sound legit :)

for frank it is just necessary to come up with some level up technology, and i don't know if cap has any. always room for creativity though. perhaps if cap has some kind of relaunch combo into tac? idk any of his combos lol.

i like the sound of cap hawkeye spencer

Cap/Hawkeye/Spencer sounds like a good team. Foundation is easy to work with since all 3 aren't particularly hard to learn.

Cap on point with Hawkeye assist for mixups, Spencer's anti air can be used with Cap's shield and used in combos.

I would prefer Cap/Spencer/Hawkeye though since Hawkeye could use Level 3 X better imo and Spencer has an assist to help get in.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
spencer is hard to deal with

could i get some general tips on how to fight him?
Spencer wants you on the ground and you have to guess low, overhead, or command grab.

Pretty scary....I recommend that you play the lame game and play keep out, until you get your bread and butter in.

Example, Morrigan throwing soul fists into her combo, zero buster into lightning, dante's air play, etc.

What characters do you play?

@the captain america dude. no. Please just pick wesker/hawkeye/spencer. captain america is terrible, not iron fist terrible, but still pretty bad, :(.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
my main core has always been x-23/hsien ko

my game plan is to get 1 a hitconfirm that can lead into getting 2 meters, combo then dhc into armor, safe tag into 3rd character, so that the order becomes

____/x-23/hsien ko. and i try to use xf1 or xf2 to take out characters, preferrably xf2 for easy x-23 relaunch combos.

my 3rd character is usually an assist that helps x-23 in the beginning. i've been trying out strider, but x-23 can't really follow the vajra hard knockdown at all. and his damage on point is so low even though his mixups with hsien ko assist are really dirty. i just started using chris, and i've been using some chris/hsien ko stuff that LLND does.

however i'm still looking for that 3rd character with the best synergy

i like the team because wolverines and morrigan/dooms are really no problem for me. weskers and dooms are not so bad either.

i just find it really hard to keep out spencer, even when i have hsien ko assist. perhaps i should be going for the light land mine as chris

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Cap is by far my best character so he'll be the one that stays on my team regardless. I'm liking the cap/spencer/hawkeye team so far though.

Turazrok

Smash Master
My main problem is I want to play characters whose combos I can't do.

LOL bold canceling

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Cap is by far my best character so he'll be the one that stays on my team regardless. I'm liking the cap/spencer/hawkeye team so far though.
oh ****, best captain america player, OH NO! Dat double jump mixup!

TL?

Smash Ace
my main core has always been x-23/hsien ko

my game plan is to get 1 a hitconfirm that can lead into getting 2 meters, combo then dhc into armor, safe tag into 3rd character, so that the order becomes

____/x-23/hsien ko. and i try to use xf1 or xf2 to take out characters, preferrably xf2 for easy x-23 relaunch combos.

my 3rd character is usually an assist that helps x-23 in the beginning. i've been trying out strider, but x-23 can't really follow the vajra hard knockdown at all. and his damage on point is so low even though his mixups with hsien ko assist are really dirty. i just started using chris, and i've been using some chris/hsien ko stuff that LLND does.

however i'm still looking for that 3rd character with the best synergy

i like the team because wolverines and morrigan/dooms are really no problem for me. weskers and dooms are not so bad either.

i just find it really hard to keep out spencer, even when i have hsien ko assist. perhaps i should be going for the light land mine as chris
Vergil works very well with x23. Rapid slash gives her a nice relaunch. (call assist), qcf M, rapid slash hits, Launch. This also works off a forward air throw. If you want to put vergil second you can dhc to sword loops and do some good damage. I hear Nova is also like BFF status for x23. No idea how well these character work with hsienko though.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Thanks for the Vergil suggestion, TL. I think Vergil with Hsien ko assist would make quite a powerhouse.

I think ill stick with Chris for now though, since the team can legitimately fight against a variety of strategies (I LOVE that medium gun fire beats soul fist!) Also the new assist me by maximillian reminded me of some things that I forgot about, so it'll be refreshing to play as him again.

Edit: I hope everyone likes my new custom title

:phone:

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
dasboot42

Beat him by timeout. Wasn't free though.

Good PSN Striders do not really exist. They keep using Vajra H (not the assist). I take SO MANY games off of scrubby decisions like that cause all you do is jumpback and free kill.

Top Bottom