• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
But that is only half of the tech. Frank has an air grab super too, which is inescapeable for phoenix if he can avoid the transformation "blast". Other characters with similar setups are she hulk and spiderman.
It doesn't work with frank i've tried already when the game came out lol

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
It doesn't work with frank i've tried already when the game came out lol
I'm confused... Kusoru using that tech with Frank is the whole reason we're discussing about this in the first place. How could it not work with Frank if it was first done by Frank?

also I tried it out for myself and the combo does work with Frank.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
We'd have the option to download or buy a retail disc so I'm okay with it. Although there aren't any characters I could request really other than Venom and Cyclops.

At least that chunk of DLC characters aren't locked on disc like a recent game that isn't even worth $40. :troll:

@Smoothy, I'm not making assumptions. I know you'd perform worse than me. I might reconsider if I ever see GAMEPLAY of you trolls but even then I'm sure players like Evil Raashan could be you.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
@Smoothy, I'm not making assumptions. I know you'd perform worse than me. I might reconsider if I ever see GAMEPLAY of you trolls but even then I'm sure players like Evil Raashan could be you.
That's still an assumption, bro. You don't know for sure until you see otherwise; until then, you can only ASSUME that I suck at this game without any hard evidence. Just like you assumed that I bought SFxT just because I have an avatar of that game's Megaman. I don't own that game for the record, and I'm probably not going to pick it up. I have better things to spend my money on. Like, for instance, finding a new apartment and furnishing it.

The sad thing is that myself and the rest of these "trolls" have never really made any claims to being any good at this game. You're the only one that's said things like that, and it goes as follows (not exactly in this order): Calling all the people that zone scrubs, saying you're much better than the people you face online thanks to stupid tactics, calling out people that have actually made bank on this game in an offline setting, et cetera. The list can go on. Hell, to make it even worse, you've given us little "evidence" to the contrary aside from two videos from looooooong before you ever made it to the upper tiers in Vanilla MvC3 and a whole lot of boasting in UMvC3. If anything, you're assuming that you're better than everyone here by merit of your word and your online ranking, which doesn't really hold much water with the lack of evidence.

Where's the substance needed to gauge whether or not you're good at this game, Lombardi? Anybody can post **** on the internet.

Also, I'm still waiting on you to go to an offline tourney. No excuses, man.

Smooth Criminal

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
If you continue with this attitude, you're not going to like the consequences. Shut up and put them on ignore. First and final warning.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
@Smooth Criminal

So challenge denied then? Bummer...

@Serris

It's not like I'm giving death threats.

@Akuma

Thank you for staying friendly.
Nova (y)/ Ammy (b)/ Spiderman (a)

@UltiMario

Cause we can ALWAYS trust Capcom's word.

Again@Smoothy

I've explained on multiple occasions why I don't have offline competition. My bragging doesn't have to mean anything to you since you can't accept me being decent at the game. I watch streams and play 5-bar online matches. It's playable with a good connection but if that's not good enough for you then too bad.

Why should I change my attitude (as contained as it is)? I've improved at the game to where a lot zoning is easy to play. I know I can brag about different things but NEVER have I directly said I was a god at this game. NEVER have I directly said anyone in hear was garbage at the game.

If only ETWIST was here so I could really tell him how I feel in the nicest way possible.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
@Serris

It's not like I'm giving death threats.
No, but you're being belligerent, insulting, and an overall detrimental element of the topic's discussion. If you're bothered by people saying you have no quantifiable skill, perhaps you should refrain from telling them the very same thing.

This goes for everyone. Arguing over the abilities of others in this topic is pedantic and needs to come to a close right here and now. It's negative and often dissolves into petty personal attacks. If you feel insulted, report the post, throw the person on your ignore list, and leave it at that. Dragging the entire thread down with you is bad form and a disservice to others who want to talk about the game.

Now, get back on topic.

TL?

Smash Ace
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...-spider-man-umvc3-video-thread.149343/page-10

Watch the Japan sets.

This is the Spiderman style that I realised in Vanilla. Looks like Japan and I alone understand his metagame...
One guy in japan playing a certain way means everyone there does it like that too? What if this guy saw a video of you playing and went on some japanese forum and said, "Looks like America and I alone understand his metagame". Sorry, it just sounds silly to me when people make these massive generalizations based on one individual person. :bee:

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Spiderman is pretty hard to deal with unless you approach/hit him 1st.

There is one guy over here who always gives me trouble at tourneys/casuals.

He runs Spidey/Doom/Strider.

Hidden missiles and Vajra = sadface.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I'm confused... Kusoru using that tech with Frank is the whole reason we're discussing about this in the first place. How could it not work with Frank if it was first done by Frank?

also I tried it out for myself and the combo does work with Frank.
I jumped to that thing where She-Hulk does a combo XFC to Air super vs Phoenix when she turns into dark. I tried something like that with frank but, it didn't work for me

Edit: So I probably thought it was that instead of what you're talking about.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Spiderman anchor eh?

That scares the **** out of me to be honest! xD
If you press a button, then I get to Maximum Spider > XF3 > Web Zip otg > killing combo
His speed in XF3 is ridiculous. Put a good player behind this and you'll take out 1 or 2 characters free.
One guy in japan playing a certain way means everyone there does it like that too? What if this guy saw a video of you playing and went on some japanese forum and said, "Looks like America and I alone understand his metagame". Sorry, it just sounds silly to me when people make these massive generalizations based on one individual person. :bee:
Yeah you have a point. :/

It's been a while since I watched good Spiderman play, even with me in that equation.
It shouldn't at all. Spiderman is a terrible anchor. Just super jump.
Strider is horrible anchor. Just block.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
If you press a button, then I get to Maximum Spider > XF3 > Web Zip otg > killing combo
His speed in XF3 is ridiculous. Put a good player behind this and you'll take out 1 or 2 characters free.

Strider is horrible anchor. Just block.
Maximum spider has slow start up and trades with a large amount of normals. Sorry that "gimmick" doesn't work offline. Even if you do kill a char Spiderman really has no exceptional way of opening chars up without the aid of assists. Most of his trickier overheads come out slowly and his standard overhead is still slow even with the x-factor boost. In terms of opening up a grounded opponent your only real tool would be baiting push block with staggered hits or against misinformed players using random spider stings. But this isn't the main problem. He can't get maximum damage off throws at SJ height. Due to this smart players will generally just up back your X-factor time away. Combine this with the fact that he has no derpy mixups on incoming chars and you have a mediocre anchor.

Yeah spiderman can most likely kill a char in x-factor but good anchors are rated by their ability to quickly go through an entire team.

If you have anymore questions about spiderman feel free to ask. Considering I'm the best spiderman player on this planet I actually know a little about the char.

P.S I don't rank strider that highly in terms of anchor ability also considering his extreme reliance on orbs.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
MS is faster activated in the air, so that plus the correct timing (so it hits while your normal's hitbox is gone) = 1 kill.

I'll hit the lab again with XF3 Spidey. What you say is KINDA true if I only have Spidey left and you still have an entire team. A 1v3 is nearly impossible realistically, BUT people come back all the time even w/o XF (JWong Storm/Akuma).

If it's 1v2 I could easily win or lose with XF3 Spidey.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
did someone just say anchor strider isn't good and to just block?

that **** is like vanilla phoenix, he activates orbs, hits x-factor, then your character dies for no effort

literally stupidest **** in this game, you can't block it, physically cannot block that when he's in x-factor

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
did someone just say anchor strider isn't good and to just block?

that **** is like vanilla phoenix, he activates orbs, hits x-factor, then your character dies for no effort

literally stupidest **** in this game, you can't block it, physically cannot block that when he's in x-factor
It was a joke. I was making fun of BS's generalization. Easier said than done as I say.
Alright, I'm the second best spiderman player on this planet. But nobody can touch me on Mars.
Lol. TL is the best, then _L, then me. :troll:
1v3 is nearly impossible

Unless you're wesker
*Tags in MODOK or Spiderman before Wesker comes*

*Sits at SJ height*

Problem?

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
MS is faster activated in the air, so that plus the correct timing (so it hits while your normal's hitbox is gone) = 1 kill.

I'll hit the lab again with XF3 Spidey. What you say is KINDA true if I only have Spidey left and you still have an entire team. A 1v3 is nearly impossible realistically, BUT people come back all the time even w/o XF (JWong Storm/Akuma).

If it's 1v2 I could easily win or lose with XF3 Spidey.
He doesn't get to the wall faster in the air he flies towards the other char faster. This doesn't change the fact that the super still has *** properties and unless the other guy whiffs with Hulks s.H you are either going to get blocked and be forced to pop x-factor or trade. Once in awhile you'll get lucky and connect but good anchors don't need to throw random hail mary's to win. MS isn't consistent enough to be used to punish random things.

Everything I'm saying isn't KIND OF true it is true. Spiderman can only function on point. There is literally no logical reason for having him run anchor besides for ****s and giggles. He has poor assists and his DHC capabilities are either very limited (Crawler assault) or do very little damage (MS). Give me a good enough reason to throw him on the anchor spot that is worth sacrificing running him on point where he is most effective.

Also 1v3 isn't impossible at all in a game like this. Good anchors force incoming characters into simple but effective mixups or have a ridiculous chip game. Spiderman cannot do either of these.

Also Jwong doesn't come back all the time with Storm that was ChrisG cracking like a monster. Jwong had a huge momentum shift and ChrisG couldn't stop it. Also Akuma is a good anchor so of course he can make comebacks w/o x-factor. So can wesker, Doom, Dorm, Strider(with meter), and other good anchors. Notice how all these chars do *** loads of damage with limited meter and don't need assists for some of their mixups.

It doesn't matter if you "could" win a 1v2 with spiderman anchor the problem is you won't be able to do it consistently.

Top Bottom