• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Iron Fist vs Zero

According to Brightside Iron Fist can win if he knows the matchup.
...............(shakes head) We need to have a talk brightside. Iron fist is one of the characters where I can just call sentinel and buster cancel him. He can't get in,

firebrand is s-tier. plus he goes evenish against zero and viper. he's pretty damn good. His zoning is scarier than trish! What else do you need? I believe a firebrand main can win final round, and even evo!

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster

We need to have a talk brightside. Iron fist is one of the characters where I can just call sentinel and buster cancel him. He can't get in,

firebrand is s-tier. plus he goes evenish against zero and viper. he's pretty damn good. His zoning is scarier than trish! What else do you need? I believe a firebrand main can win final round, and even evo!
Fixed for ya

mood4food77

Smash Hero
vajra does nothing against firebrand, he's too fast

i main him, i do not fear vajra, i just QCB M/H and vajra is not a worry, he's like zero in that sense but different

firebrand isn't going to punish you for using vajra like zero would, firebrand just doesn't give a **** about it (PS, vajra isn't really good against very mobile characters and firebrand is top notch in that category)

sanchaz

Smash Lord
lol, thx jiggly master.

mood: REALLY??? Yep, firebrand for S-tier, thank god no one in my region (midwest) plays that character. I would have to learn matchups??? (zero main here)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it's going to hit you every once in a while but once you figure out the pattern, all you have to do is QCB M/H twice (same button twice, don't alternate) and you're out of it, every time

oh, and that bull**** QCF S move also helps too, that move is stupid, legit stupid

missiles are way more annoying for firebrand because they track, but to deal with that, bum rush the **** out of the opponent, call your lockdown assist and attack anything that moves, make doom pay

it also helps that i play firebrand/skrull/sentinel, all yellow, good luck blocking :)

i have way too much fun playing that team

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
...............(shakes head) We need to have a talk brightside. Iron fist is one of the characters where I can just call sentinel and buster cancel him. He can't get in,

Unfortunately I never said that. It was some random kids attempt at sounding clever.

Also are you and the other WI guys going to come down for the tourney on the 17th? It's not going to be any of that team bull**** this time around. I gotta make you guys look free on the stream.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Nemesis is a hard counter to Firebrand.

Because the timer will have run out by the time you have done enough damage to kill him. xD

Ugg

Smash Champion
GGs, Akuma. Sorry, we were probably both a bit sloppy due to the lantency from playing overseas, but they were fun nonetheless. I admire your Akuma on point, nice use of Shoryuken!

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
GGs, Akuma. Sorry, we were probably both a bit sloppy due to the lantency from playing overseas, but they were fun nonetheless. I admire your Akuma on point, nice use of Shoryuken!
Man I was pretty drunk/high/sleepy when we played those matches.

You obliterated me hahahaha.

But indeed, good games.

I'd like to play again when I'm sober sometime. xD

I think I tried to snap you back full screen like 4 times.

Gotta love my ambition anyways.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
everyone dropped combos that day lol i dropped alot of combos on savage saturday, which was about time i got a break from being randomed out by big two players.
http://www.twitch.tv/goldencen/b/310537983 i play at 1:23:00 but you can just see the finals versus marlinpie if you want at 1:58:00
That GF said more about the characters rather than the players tbh.

Real talk if I was there getting to semis would have been free...

daihaksu

Smash Cadet
That GF said more about the characters rather than the players tbh.

Real talk if I was there getting to semis would have been free...
it was pretty free, i wasnt going to enter until i saw marlinpie was there and i was like oooh let me join in i know it wont be hard getting to play him at the finals. but i got sent to losers bracket early to steve j cause of dante air s not cancelling correctly. ****ing xbox pads :( no offense i need ps3 d-pad

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I use the 360 stick. And I also bought a PS3 controller that has the Stick and D-pad swapped so it's like the 360. So either way I'll be comfortable playing.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Ran PW/Frank/Pheonix in ranked today. I won about half of the matches I played with them and I'm at 4th lord rank lamo.

The closest match I got to getting them all powered up was PW in Turnabout, Frank at Level 3, and Dark Pheonix with all of them alive at that point.

Like I said, my opponents didn't know what to do. The funniest thing was when somebody hit Turnabout PW, instead of killing the little life he had left they snapped him out for Pheonix LMAO. Like I know you want to kill Pheonix but saving turnabout PW's life isn't going to help either.

.....Log trap?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
viewtiful joe won a major today, discuss
Viewtiful Joe is really dumb. That jump S is like Zero's jump H but way better. With Log Trap assist and his three jumps, you can't even get close to him, it's almost like buster canceling. And he can just keep zoning you out with Voomerangs. Red Hot Kick is too good. Why would they give such a good character a dive kick is beyond me. Viewtiful Joe's dodge move is way too good, I am going to now call it a teleport just because. His super has invincibility and he has another super that slows you down. That's just cheap.

I'm joking of course. Joe is awesome and I loved seeing him win.
While I usually want the US to win, seeing a team with Joe/Frank/RR is difficult to root against. Especially since I love the VJ games.

Kusoru did an awesome job at FR.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
God damn that Frank West. I just fell to the ground when I saw that stunt he pulled on DP.

And this is pretty awesome for me, considering I play both Frank West and Rocket Raccoon.

daihaksu

Smash Cadet
...wait.

There was a team with RR on it?! And it won?!

I NEED TO SEE THESE VIDS.

And lol @ Minato's post. <3

Smooth Criminal
joe and RR are obv top tier~ :troll:
nah but it was a japanese player called Kasuro, i seen his videos on youtube with his team and they werent very popular i bet the whole society of ****riding army is going to look him up now :|

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Well, I don't think Joe and RR are top tier by any stretch of the imagination. I'm just seriously excited to see some real top-level play with Rocky Raccoon.

And thanks for the link, Jiggs.

Smooth Criminal

Nemesis is a hard counter to Firebrand.

Because the timer will have run out by the time you have done enough damage to kill him. xD
2 Firebrand BnBs = Nemisis is dead

NAH, who am I kidding. He needs Lv. 3 XF to kill at least a Chris. Lol.
Mother of god....
joe and RR are obv top tier~ :troll:|
Doesn't matter if they are top tier tho (Even though they aren't). After all, this IS Marvel vs capcom, right?

Top Bottom