• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it's more effective as viper doesn't have to get close to morrigan to stop her as if she was using jam session

it doesn't beat her badly, it really limits her zoning game because she has to respect vajra or else she's dead

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i haven't played online in a while, i've been trying to make my firebrand team better while learning skrull at the same time

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Gonna take some time and give my thoughts on my characters.

Nova: High-Tier. High damage, numerous reset setups, flight, can combo off of any grab. Realistically, he can only open up somebody via grab or instant overhead while your assist helps convert it into a combo. He has no fast low for pokes, airdashes are slow, and has no solid tools to fight zoning from Hawkeye, Firebrand, etc. I feel like he's mid tier but for who he synergizes with he does it so well (you're welcome Frank). Still, his viability may weaken in time. Ok meter builder unless you're resetting like I am.

Dog: High-Tier. Moderate damage. One of the best high tiers imho. Glaive lets you approach a lot characters for free thanks to air weapon change. Glaive and devout bead normals are not Vergil good but still worth using (devout bead normals beat all super armor). Power slash stops many approaches but it needs smart utilization. Reflector (nuff said). Full screen super (kinda), slowdown super (I love running the timer with it), and lv. 3. Synegizes well with pretty much everyone. Great assist (Cold Star) Good meter builder.

Spiderman: High-Tier. OMFG I'm sick of the underuse (and poor use) of this guy. High damage. Some of the best mobility in the game. He can dance around in the air and be tough to chase thanks to web glide which OTGs so you can set up a reset or extend combos with less reliance on assists. Web ball makes Haggar/Nemesis/Hulk matchups free, more so as an assist backing you up as you approach safely or not ( occasionally ). Can cancel almost anything with web glide allowing for decent block strings with a good assist and making you safe a lot of the time. Needs great assist to get going offensively. Synergy is good with most characters.

Just my opinions on this trio of underdogs.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
nova's underrated? i didn't know that, i mean, i have him in my top 15

vergil's normals aren't that good, they have quick start-up and good reach, but they have so much recovery, play mindgames with the pushblock and he's punishable

on that point, i think ammy's sword and bead normals are better than vergil's normals, safer with as much or more reach, may not have the start-up but cooldown is more important than start-up, but they're not zero's normals

spidey needs love, it's just hard when spencer and zero cover a similar role while straight up killing the opponent on top of being easier to use, a lot easier to use

mood4food77

Smash Hero
zero's normals are dumb

good reach, disjointed, multihit (some), safe on block, lead to death, really ****ing dumb anti-air hitboxes

best set of normals in the game, no question

try and tell me a character whose normals are as good as his overall, the only characters i can think of are firebrand (not as disjointed), frank (only at level 4 or higher), taskmaster (zero's are faster and safer on block), wolverine (zero's have more reach and disjointed), and wesker (zero's are more disjointed than wesker's while being comparably fast)

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
have you seen zero's normals? Like, seriously. What normal are you even talking about? His Standing H? That's completely unsafe on block? His best normal is c.M It's got good range and is great for poking and playing footsies but seriously, Zero's normals are pretty much trash. Hell if it wasnt for j.H, which is godlike, zero would only have buster mix ups as a way in.

Granted buster mix ups are also godlike.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
have you seen zero's normals? Like, seriously. What normal are you even talking about? His Standing H? That's completely unsafe on block? His best normal is c.M It's got good range and is great for poking and playing footsies but seriously, Zero's normals are pretty much trash. Hell if it wasnt for j.H, which is godlike, zero would only have buster mix ups as a way in.

Granted buster mix ups are also godlike.
I used standing h as an anti air today, :D.

please, troll harder.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
he doesn't have the best camping game, but it's still very good
his teleport i still haven't tested but some kid kept going through **** i was sending at him with zero's teleports
his assists suck, but his CC is real nasty and usually leads to a dead character

his normals are the best in the game, no character has a set of normals that even compare to his

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Honestly I think Zero is similar to MK.

And shouldn't be banned. At all. I ain't even whining, he is just the best character. The more you talk about it, the sooner you find a solution.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
That has to be the scrubbiest rule I have ever seen.

And we're part of the Smash community.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
zero is a fun character to use, unlike metaknight.

I've played 10,000 matches with zero/dante, and I find new technology with them every week. What kind of teams are you guys using against zero? some of his matchups are just impossible for half of the cast.

This game is going to boil down zero,viper,firebrand,dorm,dante/vergil, and about 5-6 other characters you guys know about quite well.

wesker mains are going to get exposed pretty bad. wesker against zero/firebrand/viper is hella hard for wesker. why not invest in time with those three characters?

lol, just ranting here, sorry.

TL?

Smash Ace
I use arthur or morrigan against zero since lately my main team is arthur/morrigan/???. Strider assist is really effective against zero too.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I fought roughly 6-7 Zeros yesterday.

All of them perished to Akuma on point bar one guy who anihillated me. (Hey you can't win them all!)

Dash backwards/forwards shoryuken DESTROYS Zero's air.h approach.

I'm 99% sure that aerial tatsu trades with his air.h too, the trade is considerably in Akuma's favor too. :3

Another thing I noticed is I REALLY have to learn to fight Spencer.

I was having mad trouble with a few of them backed by drones yesterday.

Any tips for taking him down with Akuma/Sent/Doom?

I did notice that timing a sphere flame as he ziplines above you is good for making them think twice about doing it again.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
you can air throw him right?

akuma on point sounds weird. more people should do that imo, he's pretty solid. but i guess they always consider anchor/assist akuma more valuable

mood4food77

Smash Hero
spencer is pretty brain dead, basically, once he gets going he's going on auto-pilot, more so than most characters, you can actually handle similarly to how you would zero except a bit easier as spencer doesn't have projectiles or the obnoxious mix-ups zero has, just watch out for good ones, he can kill every character starting from 1 meter (like vergil can), and yes you can air throw his zipline, just don't do it online, it's like zero's j. H, you can throw it but you have a very tight window to do so, so not worth it

zero' j. H isn't as good as people say it is because he can't cancel it into anything except for j. S (but he can cancel j. S into buster so watch out for that), it's just an obnoxious move because of the ****ing hitbox it covers (literally...a ball around him), he's an aerial character that vajra isn't a great choice against, he has to respect the assist but his respect is showing vajra a j. H (most characters can't do this), but a good zero shouldn't just approach with j. H, with dante's jam session, zero gets like a 5 way guess mix-up, it's really really REALLY hard to block

akuma on point is good, it's just his assist is so good that it's usually better to run him second, but since akuma is running akuma/sentinel/doom, he's fine (since just about anything is good with drones/missiles backing it up)

and akuma, we'll get that match in, i gotta do hw now and then class at 4:30 EST, so maybe if i'm done before then we can get our little set in (but highly doubtful)

Top Bottom