• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Firebrand / Haggar / Strider Hiryu

I am trying Super Skrull, but character loyalty is a tough thing (especially Super Skrull is someone else I want to play as he is the closest I'll get to the Fantastic Four..)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
sentinel works as the anchor on that team because of how he benefits both firebrand and skrull

i'm using iron man because i don't have a single clue what i'm doing with skrull, i know a simple combo but outside of that, i don't know how he works

firebrand does not need vajra in the least bit, vajra is meant to keep people out of the air and firebrand does that better than every character in the game, also, haggar is better for zoning teams and firebrand doesn't really get much out of lariat ouyside of the "oops" moment every here and there, he wants that lockdown assist for his unblockable

iron man works great for this team, he's just a pain to use, he's got the lockdown assist (that also functions as an anti-air) and he likes having drones behind him, but using skrull on the team just sounds so...dirty :)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It's cool, Firebrand 90 hit combo. 400k damage :troll:
Do you understand how terrible it is to play Firebrand?

I add to my BNB, make it much longer and harder with an assist or a new loop.

DOES LESS DAMAGE THAN BNB.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
the game is really weird like that, i learned that when i was using viper in vanilla

i'd do a long combo only to realize if i took out all the air mediums, she dealt like 100k more

sentinel works as the anchor on that team because of how he benefits both firebrand and skrull

i'm using iron man because i don't have a single clue what i'm doing with skrull, i know a simple combo but outside of that, i don't know how he works

firebrand does not need vajra in the least bit, vajra is meant to keep people out of the air and firebrand does that better than every character in the game, also, haggar is better for zoning teams and firebrand doesn't really get much out of lariat ouyside of the "oops" moment every here and there, he wants that lockdown assist for his unblockable

iron man works great for this team, he's just a pain to use, he's got the lockdown assist (that also functions as an anti-air) and he likes having drones behind him, but using skrull on the team just sounds so...dirty :)
I wanted to use Firebrand.... Until I found out his long *** combos don't even do as much damage as expected
oh, his teleport definitely has invincibility, i was in player matches against a zero who used it constantly to get around everything i threw at him, whether it be a beam or a normal, that move definitely has invincibility (not like vanilla beserker slash but it definitely has some)
No. It does not have invincibility. It has zero invincibility or should I say, non existent.

In fact, when I tried out using Zero, I attempted to go through the beam a lot of times but I got hit. Hence, I lost.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
some kid used against me 6 times in a match, all of them went through something

the grounded one, not the aerial one

firebrand isn't meant to straight up murder you, he's so fast that he can go from high to low faster than you can blink, getting you into another combo, building all the meter you need

and there's nothing you can do to stop him

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You can in fact shoryuken Zero out of any of his silly aerial moves.
Yup. Because those moves really do have invincibility frames.
some kid used against me 6 times in a match, all of them went through something

the grounded one, not the aerial one
No they do not. They do not have any invincibility frames. Even the guide doesn't mention anything about it.
Go into training mode and test it if you don't believe me.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
firebrand is one of zero's few bad match-ups

i would but my game is locked in my roommate's room currently

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Ok. As a Zero main, I know Zero has a ton of BS, but invincibility on Hienkyaku isn't one of them.
If anything, the only thing remotely close I could think of could be perhaps the command dash lowering Zero's hitbox (like in the X games). I don't have the Vita version though so I can't confirm.
I don't think it is. I don't see Firebrand having anything that gives Zero a hard time.
There's also the fact that his damage sucks so he's one of the few characters that would have a hard time killing him in one combo.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
is anchor zero even good? haha.
You run him second.

He can crossover counter into death.
You can TAC into Zero for death.
You can safely DHC into Zero.

Zero will profit from Xfactor2 and still has an assist to help him.

It's best to lead with a defensive character. One I really want to try sometime is Deadpool. Shots > teleport > TAC > death sounds really nice.

TL?

Smash Ace

This sounds odd. Can you explain this more? To me it seems like to have the edge over (or at least a decent shot against) zero, you either need to be able to outzone him (hawkeye) or outprioritize his sword normals. I may be wrong, but I don't think firebrand can do either of those well.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
firebrand's zoning is really obnoxious to get around, he shoots in all three directions in the air (horizontally, vertically, and in between), and the fireballs have good durability, zero has more trouble stopping this because of all the angles he has to get by

firebrand's normals are almost as ******** as zero's, no one outprioritizes zero's normals but firebrand probably has the 2nd best set of normals in the game

firebrand usually never puts himself in a position to where the buster is a problem and firebrand is quite possibly, the most mobile character in the game which almost disregards any type of mix-up

also, zero is pretty bad at dealing with snap-in mix-ups and firebrand is great at getting the snap-back and then abusing it

but basically, this match-up comes down to whoever lands the first hit, if zero does, firebrand straight up dies, if firebrand does, zero is snapped out and then snapped back in...and then dies

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Yeah the best thing against a lead Zero is killing him as soon as you get a hit, if you can't, snap his friends in and kill his most useful assist.

Then again, you can spend two bars and dhc back into Zero's clone, which allows him to basically chip you down with pure camp. If you approach, you're going to get hit regardless.

Ugh I hate that character so much. He really is underabused. I love watching him play though, so omnipotent. Sam's Club especially.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
jwong should not use nova unless he goes into training mode with him and then learn the nova frank crap, for realz

seeing him do those combos were cringe worthy, seriously, not a single fly combo at all? nova should be doing at least 700k with a simple bnb and wong barely cracked 550k, and then not even get frank to level 5 when it's not even that hard, it should take him 10 minutes in training mode to make this combo work:

j. H, st. MHS, j. H x fly, j. H x unfly, j. H, st. S, j. H x QCB L, j. S, 6H, st. S, j. H x QCF L x POWER OF THE NOVA FORCE x Survival Techniques (whiff), nova assist, camera shot, camera shot x Survival Techniques (if he's got the bar to spare)

instant level 5 frank, deals almost 850k, real simple to do, gah, watching him do the most basic thing possible was so infuriating especially because it's justin wong

i hate how he basically just uses basic fundamentals and still wins

also, floe looked free in this game, does he even play this game anymore?

also, it's really sad that out of the bull**** 3 (zero, viper, firebrand), the only one making noise is marlinpie with viper, come on people, we need to step it up

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You consider Viper and Firebrand bull****?

Firebrand I can sorta understand but

Viper over Dante and Morrigan? ChrisG decided to not use Astral Vision last tournament and still got them epic wins home.
Dante has a combo into unblockable reset which kills anyone if done correctly and has no answers (it's possible to be fast enough to block hard tags) not to mention he has combos that can give up to 3 bars of meter (even though not always practical, 2.5 meter should still be doable and if you do that twice you have a dead char and sick meter)

not to mention Vergil with his sword loops and all that stuff. ESPECIALLY viper+vergil as a shell is amazing.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
viper is pretty much zero levels of bull****, firebrand isn't as safe on block as these two are nor does he deal anywhere close to as much damage as they do

she's got a great unblockable set up, she's got ex-seismo, she's got that laser (which goes through all projectiles), she builds crazy amounts of meter, only zero outdamages her, seismo does everything (basically)

marlinpie doesn't have vajra helping him out, it helps with her main weakness, aerial zoning (hence why trish and morrigan are her worst match-ups), putting in vajra makes these match-ups in viper's favor

dante and vergil are really unsafe on block, morrigan without missiles is way easier to deal with

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Dante can just end everything into ReverbShock>Fireworks, landing him on +2 on block -_-

Vergil I don't know.

And Morrigan without missiles is still insane LOL even then you say Viper needs a Strider but on the other hand Morrigan can't have Doom incorporated? Naw, that's a logical fallacy.

Viper is def good but Dante and Morrigan are better or just as good at least.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
dante and morrigan don't have a move that bypasses everything

EVERYTHING

and this said move pretty much leads to a dead character

morrigan without missiles is nowhere near as bad as she is with missiles, viper vs morrigan, 1v1, viper wins, morrigan can't zone viper out (seismos and laser stop morrigan's zoning), also morrigan has a harder time approaching viper than viper approaching morrigan

morrigan w/missiles vs. viper w/vajra and viper still wins, morrigan can't just go into the air as viper gets the most out of vajra than any other character in the game

the only character who doesn't need assists is zero

dante builds 2.5 meters and uses 1, doing a 750k combo
viper builds 2 meters and uses 1, doing 1mil combo

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Any UK XBL players here?

Hello?

Anyways I've been messing with Vergil. He hits REALLY hard with meter (kills Thor with 1 meter, nails 0.76ish mil off a grab using 1.5 meter), is actually safe, nice mix ups, rapid slash is a good assist and is a good point or anchor.

Vergil in MvC3 would have been as bad as Dante imo.

Speaking of which, I miss MvC3 Dante :(

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
(seismos and laser stop morrigan's zoning)
Nope. It's not that.

The one that ACTUALLY destroys Morrigan's zoning is that accursed Vajra assist. I wish Morrigan had some sort of attack that had a hitbox that extends around her (Please don't mention the obvious. We know one person who is a walking hitbox :)).

mood4food77

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbytUVuh184&feature=player_embedded

Cancel normals into rising sun > teleport down or L/M orbs on block. Air S and Helm breaker are 0+ on block and c.L is safe on its own. And is normals have massive range, making it harder to punish him.
he used 2 meters and vergil without a beam assist is a terrible idea

it's really not hard to punish his normals, pushblock him so he is forced to whiff, dash up, punish, they're seriously that unsafe

and vergil's teleports are the most unsafe teleports in the game

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Zero is actually fairly easy to punish as Nemesis I realised a while ago.

Pushblock any of his aerials that he falls on you with and Nemesis gets a free launcher.

Which means Zero dies (if you have an OTG assist like I do on my Nemesis team)

Of course he can buster cancel if he knows what's coming.

But no 2nd chance if he doesn't. xD

Also I'd say Akuma's teleport is the most unsafe.

Even though it's not a true teleport.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
vergil's might be more unsafe than that, it's really unsafe

there is no way in hell helm breaker is +0 on block, i'm watching this grand finals from europe and so far, this vergil's been punished 2 or 3 times on block for using this move

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
he used 2 meters
He started with 1 meter and built the rest. It's a 1 meter combo.

and vergil without a beam assist is a terrible idea
I didn't mention anything about Vergil without an assist. Vergil can get a clean hit with anti-air s.H. He also has the best dash in the game so he can easily dash under you when air bourne or dash infront then behind you as a mix up.

it's really not hard to punish his normals, pushblock him so he is forced to whiff, dash up, punish, they're seriously that unsafe
Push blocking adds block stun. If you push block medium orb will still hit you. Plus sword range + push block = too far.

and vergil's teleports are the most unsafe teleports in the game
Everyones teleport is unsafe. That's why you should cover yourself with an assist.

there is no way in hell helm breaker is +0 on block, i'm watching this grand finals from europe and so far, this vergil's been punished 2 or 3 times on block for using this move
Must have been pressing buttons. Frame data says it's 0+ on block.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
the 2nd one i saw was a definite punish

vergil having the best dash in the game is subjective

pushblocking vergil's normals gives you enough time to punish, i do this all the time online to vergils, if i can do this online i can definitely do it in person

deadpool's teleports have 0 frames of recovery while vergil's has like...18

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
the 2nd one i saw was a definite punish
Helmet Breaker j.d+H = Start Up 13/12, Recovery 18/16, Advantage Guarded 0/+2 (hard knockdown on hit)

And Helm Breaker > 623L is a true block string.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...-frame-data-thread.149334/page-2#post-6287349

vergil having the best dash in the game is subjectivee
It's fast, he can attack mid dash and has a very low hitbox when dashing. It's pretty good reguardless.

pushblocking vergil's normals gives you enough time to punish, i do this all the time online to vergils, if i can do this online i can definitely do it in person
Normal > Medium orb stops that.

deadpool's teleports have 0 frames of recovery while vergil's has like...18
So?

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Zero is actually fairly easy to punish as Nemesis I realised a while ago.

I stop reading after this. never lost to nemesis, 5-0 against nemesis. nemesis is a bad character.

zero is the best. pretty sure its 8-2 zero.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
vergil can't whiff cancel his normals, so change up the pushblock so he can't do orbs

his dash is good, but characters like wesker, firebrand, and iron fist i think have better dashes

deadpool's teleport is punishable even with 0 frames of recovery, and if you pushblock vergil as he's doing rising sun, you can most likely punish him

vergil is really good, like 10 top, but he's not the bull**** that zero, viper, firebrand, and possibly dormammu are

Top Bottom