• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
thanks

i'm thinking of changing from x-23 to zero once i get the game

i think he is superior in every way lol

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
So I played PW/Frank/Pheonix in a ranked match this weekend, and I somehow won. I got PW into turnabout and Frank to level 3, though I already won before getting Dark Pheonix.

I've never laughed so much in a ranked battle before.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i completely forgot about dante, my bad..haha

i tried playing a PW/frank/phoenix team

it's really, really hard to get all of them powered up, i couldn't do it, i got turnabout and level 5 frank but getting to dark phoenix is hard because usually the match is close to over at that point

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
i completely forgot about dante, my bad..haha

i tried playing a PW/frank/phoenix team

it's really, really hard to get all of them powered up, i couldn't do it, i got turnabout and level 5 frank but getting to dark phoenix is hard because usually the match is close to over at that point
When you have Jean Grey on your team, its much easier to pull off TAC because they can't risk not countering down TAC. Play PW on point and then whenever you get into a combo TAC into Frank and take a snapshot but don't super afterwards. Keep repeating this until you have Frank and PW powered up, then sandbag until you get 5 meters and get Pheonix to turn into Dark Pheonix.

Its harder than it sounds but your opponent is still mind****ed and doesn't know which character to focus on killing first.

Recently I started playing PW again and for some reason I'm winning with him alot. It's been a couple months since he's gotten nerfed and everybody started not caring about him anymore. Now he's super novelty and everybody forgot how to fight him.

daihaksu

Smash Cadet
Anyone wants to play tonight, feeling bored :p add my PSN : Daihaksu
Also Phoenix Wright is freaking godlike, he was so overpowered that they needed to nerf him too, look at his ranged pokes and mix up games shet is ridiculous :troll: I mean shet look, this *** faster than a wavedashing wesker and catches you with flawless command grabs and grabs into his own otg combos~

mood4food77

Smash Hero
what i was trying to do is get a combo with phoenix wright and call the phoenix assist, then TAC directly into frank, get his snapshot, DHC into healing field, raw tag frank back in, then snapshot, instant level 5 frank (or really close to it)

it's not that the team sucks (it really doesn't have terrible synergy, it's not great but there's definitely far worse out there) it's just hard to get all 3 powered up

danteistheshiz

Smash Cadet
Anyone wants to play tonight, feeling bored :p add my PSN : Daihaksu
Also Phoenix Wright is freaking godlike, he was so overpowered that they needed to nerf him too, look at his ranged pokes and mix up games shet is ridiculous :troll: I mean shet look, this *** faster than a wavedashing wesker and catches you with flawless command grabs and grabs into his own otg combos~
I'll add you later. dasboot42. zero/dante/sentinel.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
>preemptively call other people bad players
>expecting BALANCE in a Capcom fighter

I believe this one is self-explanatory.
We don't go to tourneys and place really high, Yars. We're bad players by default.

You know, I just thought of something kind of earthshattering.

Lombardi has said numerous times that he doesn't go to tourneys at all and plays online. Ergo, that would make him a bad player that has no right commenting on the nuances of the game or matches played by others. :troll: I don't know why I didn't think of this before! Man I'm dense.

(Online ranks don't count, Lombardi. Based on your own criteria, you have to play this game at live tournaments and place really high in order to be able to say anything pertaining to balance issues or "cheap" tactics.)

Anyways, Winter Brawl last night was pretty hype. It's funny how one character added to a team can make that much of a difference.

Smooth Criminal

mood4food77

Smash Hero
hulk + drones is a match made in heaven

seriously, it's dumb, dumber than any combo i've ever used with drones, hulk pretty much gets anything he wants out of drones

that poor kid, i beat him 26-4 using hulk/wesker/sentinel and most of the damage done was with hulk, he even had a pretty nice zero and vergil, just couldn't handle hulk

what makes it worse was that i think i hit him with standing h like 3 times entirely, i don't recall using it that much

zero's dumb
Character bio wise, yes

How the character plays, nope.
So I played PW/Frank/Pheonix in a ranked match this weekend, and I somehow won. I got PW into turnabout and Frank to level 3, though I already won before getting Dark Pheonix.

I've never laughed so much in a ranked battle before.

**** JUST GOT REAL
Can't tell if this guy is joking about Wright being good or he's just being sarcastic because if he is joking,
then he's wrong about a lot of things.

He doesn't even need to mix up. He can take out a whole team by chipping with level 3 XF in 5 real seconds or less. Also, his grab is really good. Being grabbed by him in Turnabout mode means death by level 3. His attacks actually have good priority. I mean.... I hit Strider out of his vajra h by just mashing the investigation standing H. His mix up game is pretty much BS though and his wavedash sucks. People just block his attacks when he's in turnabout but that's pretty much the main reason why they get killed anyway. Lol.

In the end, Wright does not suck. At least he can do something to change the whole match unlike those characters like Hsien Ko and Arthur.
Recently I started playing PW again and for some reason I'm winning with him alot. It's been a couple months since he's gotten nerfed and everybody started not caring about him anymore. Now he's super novelty and everybody forgot how to fight him.
If you didn't know yet, there was this Wright (Poltergust) that got 1st and 2nd in some tourney. In the one he got 1st, no one really had experience against Wright. Where he got 2nd, everyone pretty much knew what to do but still got screwed over. I guess it comes down to great assists, making Wright the anchor character and punishing the last character with the level 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnNHlvTKxS0

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
But Polt is soooooo free. His only advantage is that he plays with the volume waaaaaaaay too high so his opponent can't play.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
But Polt is soooooo free. His only advantage is that he plays with the volume waaaaaaaay too high so his opponent can't play.
That is why I have started bring my turtle beaches to tournies.

Don't have to listen to people and the game volume is at whatever I feel comfortable with.

Game sounds amazing too. :3

mood4food77

Smash Hero
how zero plays is dumb, what the hell was capcom thinking with him? so many options, and his combos are so good, even if he drops them, he's got a reset opportunity that's in his favor, and the buster makes everything he does safe

and he was kidding about PW being good...hence the troll face

oh, his teleport definitely has invincibility, i was in player matches against a zero who used it constantly to get around everything i threw at him, whether it be a beam or a normal, that move definitely has invincibility (not like vanilla beserker slash but it definitely has some)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
oh, his teleport definitely has invincibility, i was in player matches against a zero who used it constantly to get around everything i threw at him, whether it be a beam or a normal, that move definitely has invincibility (not like vanilla beserker slash but it definitely has some)
No it doesn't.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
he's way too much fun, i've been running a firebrand (alpha)/iron man (beta)/sentinel (alpha) team, all yellow, all the time

i could always learn skrull but for now, i'm keeping this team, firebrand has so much bull**** it's not even funny

crazy fast high/low mix-up, one of the most obnoxious characters to land a hit on, retardedly good normals (they almost rival zero's, not as much reach and not disjointed), a dive kick that makes wolverine jealous, the aerial grab (similar to haggar's, just 100 times better), a slide, self OTG combos, i could go on but he's dumb

sanchaz

Smash Lord
he's way too much fun, i've been running a firebrand (alpha)/iron man (beta)/sentinel (alpha) team, all yellow, all the time

i could always learn skrull but for now, i'm keeping this team, firebrand has so much bull**** it's not even funny

crazy fast high/low mix-up, one of the most obnoxious characters to land a hit on, retardedly good normals (they almost rival zero's, not as much reach and not disjointed), a dive kick that makes wolverine jealous, the aerial grab (similar to haggar's, just 100 times better), a slide, self OTG combos, i could go on but he's dumb
WHAT! no iron man, NO! Pick someone else. ANYONE ELSE.

if you replace ironman with skrull, thats a scary *** team.

WHO THE HELL HAS EXPERIENCE PLAYING AGAINST THESE CHARACTERS?!?!?! I can tell you that not many peeps do. If I saw you picking firebrand/skrull backed up with sentinel assist. I would be mind****ed in tournament. You can simply beat people by lack of experience.

what I'm trying to say is, PICK FIREBRAND/SKRULL/SENTINEL!!!

Top Bottom