• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Honestly Zero is dumb as ****. His Cross Over counter can kill basically anyone on hit. He can kill basically anyone off of an any direction aerial exchange. He can kill basically anyone off of way normal hits.

I think that currently, the best Zero strategy is to not run him on point. How can you beat what isn't even doing the main fighting? You just run something campy and spammy on point, then get that hit or CCounter, and ToD, switch back out.
Like ****ing Deathpool, fullscreen bullets, teleport, TAC in the air, 0-death, back to Deadpool.
theory fighter is theory fighter. You shouldn't put so much emphasis on it.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it's not the fact he does too much damage is the problem

it's the fact he outdamages EVERY CHARACTER IN THE GAME

seriously, why the **** should a little robot be able to do more damage than hulk or thor

it's not theory fighter, it's a completely logical strategy that is completely dumb, all you need is two meters (which isn't hard to get)

i like the fact the game is broken, just zero is more broken than the rest

smashbot226

Smash Master
Zero is a moving hitbox, received a health buff, got a huge buff for his Blaster that easily outweighs the nerf, and has one of the best Level 3's in the game. If it weren't for Wesker's ease of use (Don't get me wrong, Zero is pretty damn easy to use but his higher level blaster combos require some amount of coordination), Zero would be dominating the competitive scene more than he already is.

EDIT:

seriously, why the **** should a little robot be able to do more damage than hulk or thor
That's flat out hyperbole and you know it.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
it's not the fact he does too much damage is the problem

it's the fact he outdamages EVERY CHARACTER IN THE GAME

it's not theory fighter, it's a completely logical strategy that is completely dumb, all you need is two meters (which isn't hard to get)

i like the fact the game is broken, just zero is more broken than the rest
You don't even necessarily need 2 meter tho, only for a crosscounter :/
Just dat TAC to clone to lightning loop dead

mood4food77

Smash Hero
thank god his blaster doesn't cause hard knockdown anymore, then he'd be ban worthy

and it's not an exaggeration, he can kill thor more consistently than either of those characters can

hawkeye actually keeps zero out of the air and zero just can't use his buster freely, gimlet wins

zero really doesn't require that execution, i can do almost all of his combos and i've used him a total of like...5 times, he's seriously not that hard, the only hard part is keeping the buster charged, which charges fast enough that you could let go of the button mid combo and then recharge it, it's really not that hard

yea it'll take more time than most characters but he's really not hard to use, i just don't use him
We get it. Zero's overpowered.

Luckily, I don't face much good zeros because the usual ones either screw up in a middle of a loop then get killed quickly or just suck in general. *Phew*

daihaksu

Smash Cadet
>_>

That Zero could have done a helluva lot more to get out of those situations. He was kinda flailing around and not doing diddily ****.

Smooth Criminal
its not just his Zero it happens to every Zero i face, the mobility gets crippled from hopscotch and round trip, id like to see you do better :| and if you havent caught the big two of 2/1/2012 during the beginning stream not even megamansteve had many options its not even Zeros fault in the match up. But yeah in 3 of those matches when he caught Trish in a combo he did drop them(cant leave her alive or else that will continue happening). im mostly trying to show the things zero have to go through in the match up.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
its not just his Zero it happens to every Zero i face, the mobility gets crippled from hopscotch and round trip, id like to see you do better :| and if you havent caught the big two of 2/1/2012 during the beginning stream not even megamansteve had many options its not even Zeros fault in the match up. But yeah in 3 of those matches when he caught Trish in a combo he did drop them(cant leave her alive or else that will continue happening). im mostly trying to show the things zero have to go through in the match up.
lol. megaman steve is not that good. you can counter her with better assists. plasma beam just destroys drones.

and hard tagging? come on.

Mood, you are the maddest mother****er I've ever seen. LOL Zero makes you rage THAT hard? ffff
He was so mad, he even said he's the hardest to hit in the game.

Hope he doesn't go too far to the extent that he'll say that he's the best zoner in the game

mood4food77

Smash Hero
he's not the best zoner but he can zone pretty damn well to the point where he usually wins the zoning game

he's a walking hitbox, he's so god damn frustrating to fight

and i am definitely not the maddest person ever, i'm actually a very lax guy, it takes a lot to get me frustrated, zero is one of those things

i hate zero

daihaksu

Smash Cadet
he's not the best zoner but he can zone pretty damn well to the point where he usually wins the zoning game

he's a walking hitbox, he's so god damn frustrating to fight

and i am definitely not the maddest person ever, i'm actually a very lax guy, it takes a lot to get me frustrated, zero is one of those things

i hate zero
so zetta slow. he can hardly beat half the cast with zoning material. and i posted the video about the trish vs zero, im pretty sure your the one that said it isnt a bad match up.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it's not, the zero wasn't playing it right at all

zero can beat a huge portion of the cast with zoning, that lightening bolt buster cancel is one of the best zoning options in the entire game

and i just recently learned that he can use him buster up to three times in the air (no not fully charged but still a good tool since they shoot at an awkward angle)

zero can beat a huge portion of the cast with zoning, that lightening bolt buster cancel is one of the best zoning options in the entire game
By huge portion, you mean those with only like one or two projectiles, those with a linear/one dimensional keepaway game and those who don't even have projectiles, right? That fills up almost 3/4 of the cast.

Doesn't matter though. I really don't care about Zero anyway but I think he should receive nerfs (Like Wesker).

daihaksu

Smash Cadet
it's not, the zero wasn't playing it right at all

and i just recently learned that he can use him buster up to three times in the air (no not fully charged but still a good tool since they shoot at an awkward angle)
maybe he couldnt play it right BECAUSE EVERYTHING HE DOES AGAINST HER WHEN SHES ABOVE HIM IS A RISK. throw at me a zero that "can" play it right for psn dude. its gonna look about as close or worse than that video. if hes so god why dont you learn him. every character when you learn them has a flaw that they need an assist for to help maximize their potential. When a character LOSES something that they need to continue being good during the fight, that means its a bad match up.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
zero shouldn't let trish get above him, his lightening buster cancel thing is really stupid, and he's got a teleport, a dive kick, and stuff that just stuffs trish's attempt at approaching

trish's peekaboo and hopscotch are broken by any projectile and anything that destroys a projectile, they only have 1 durability point

i don't like zero, he doesn't fit how i play, but it's really not hard to play him

clearly, the guy you played doesn't know the trish match-up, not many people can play trish correctly but you obviously do, so the zero just didn't know how to handle it, the match-up is not in trish's favor, it's in zero's, like 60-40 in his favor

daihaksu

Smash Cadet
zero shouldn't let trish get above him, his lightening buster cancel thing is really stupid, and he's got a teleport, a dive kick, and stuff that just stuffs trish's attempt at approaching

trish's peekaboo and hopscotch are broken by any projectile and anything that destroys a projectile, they only have 1 durability point

i don't like zero, he doesn't fit how i play, but it's really not hard to play him

clearly, the guy you played doesn't know the trish match-up, not many people can play trish correctly but you obviously do, so the zero just didn't know how to handle it, the match-up is not in trish's favor, it's in zero's, like 60-40 in his favor
actually on the contrary i play him nearly every day, its been going on for 11 months about to be 12, same teams. hopscotch isnt destroyed by "any" projectiles and peekaboos 1 durability point isnt a worthless one either, it absorbs any attack of the game and makes it whiff even if the single hit attack can hit your assist, also its a 4 frame move, about as fast as nearly every other characters jab or faster, also you cant avoid having a trish above you in the match up, you should really check up on srk forums. theres nearly nothing zero can do at that situation, i can name you all the reasons also why its inevitable.
btw its not about him being hard to play with, its about how he fairs against the rest of the game. Magneto is a bad match up for zero even with his buster cancels and he does less work than trish would.

Zeros Divekick (divesword for the illiterate) is really slow, nearly useless and easy to block specially since it isnt an overhead, can only be used as otg for combos.

His Raikousen Buster cancelling, learn how to block, a Zero that knows how unsafe this move is in the air will stop doing the Heavy version of it against a Trish that can block correctly. Also doing it at the perfect angle(which takes start up which is SLOWER than Wolverine and Trish's divekick) that catches Trish in the air is asking to eat divekick.

He doesnt have a teleport he has a command dash, thats like calling Wolverines Berserker Slash L M and H a teleport also, Trish's Hopscotch and Peekaboo eat up those dashes therefore destroying the ground mix up game that Zero is infamous for.

Now due to the fact shes never on the ground for the match up against Zero, Zero has to go for a chipping game with buster cancel Raikousens or attempt a grab. The fact that so many of his options are gone because she can continue chipping away at Zeros life with hopscotches and divekick cross ups this makes it in her favor. Trish can move around freely on the ground where she placed the hopscotch if Zero is in the air attempting mix ups / cross ups. also she has an 8 way air dash, whos going to be derp enough to be in the air doing nothing for a cross up move that isnt even Vertical. Random Fact: Even Morrigan beats Zero, pretty bad match up if you dont have an anti-air solution.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
zero's lightening buster cancel is completely safe on block....and he can stay in the air for a friggen long *** time

you can't punish him, you can't approach him, you're best bet is to zone him and even then, he can outzone pretty much everyone cause of his options

and his command dash is a teleport, he's got invincibility during it

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I don't know how you all have been able to put up with the nonstop Zero complaining for the past few days.

And now he's calling Zero's command dash a teleport? :054:

daihaksu

Smash Cadet
Test it. Go test it. In training mode. Right now.
lmfao xD if the command dash was invincible Zero would eat through every hopscotch without any mobility problems that stop him getting to Trish.

I don't know how you all have been able to put up with the nonstop Zero complaining for the past few days.

And now he's calling Zero's command dash a teleport? :054:
i dont know how i was able to put up with it either, i lost a bunch of brain cells from it too trying to place common sense and logic together, apparently he thinks the buster cancel shoots upwards or something and lightning beats divekick too. This is why i encourage the community to learn characters and what moves beat out etc. :|

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yeah i remember Zero's command dash being extremely punishable. No real invincibility to take advantage of and very unsafe on the ground.
As Yipes said in that famous Bionic Armmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Final Round vid:

"He cannot block after the teleport!"

(May not be a teleport, but hey, Yipes is only human.)

Smooth Criminal

Top Bottom