• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

mood4food77

Smash Hero
"i'm down here busting my *** while you sit on yours watching mine! WHAT?!? what do you mean you weren't recording that?"

:)

daihaksu

Smash Cadet
Sorry man trish doesn't counter zero.

:phone:
time to post on youtube the millions of things i can get away with doing to Zero with Trish :| herp herp~
ive also beaten megaman steves zero on my first tries and hes only killed my trish one on the Big Two of 2/1/2012 which was a week and few days ago.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
so you beat a zero with trish big whoop?

still doesn't completely turn the match-up in trish's favor, zero's that dumb of a character, ToD off of ANY hit, can zone practically any character in the game, crazy fast normals with stupid disjointed hitboxes, everything he does can be made safe on block, really dumb ambiguous cross-ups, a teleport that's invincible for a portion of it, small sized character, hard to hit

i could go on, but he's the dumbest character in the game, you try to air zone a zero, he should lighting buster cancel your *** for even trying, you try to zone him on the ground, he sends a buster your way with complete disregard for the rest of the word. shield pressure? he laughs at such attempts to even try to put him in such a position, let alone, the fact you managed to get him in one is impressive

seriously, when the best defense to defeat a zero is "i hope he ****ed up", we got some serious issues

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ROFL

what a gdlk team though if it happens

honestly though with shopping cart assist and maya super i can see it being possible.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i'm going to stay away from that game, this game has enough bull**** in it

that game looks like they tried too hard to make it bull**** like this game

daihaksu

Smash Cadet
so you beat a zero with trish big whoop?

still doesn't completely turn the match-up in trish's favor, zero's that dumb of a character, ToD off of ANY hit, can zone practically any character in the game, crazy fast normals with stupid disjointed hitboxes, everything he does can be made safe on block, really dumb ambiguous cross-ups, a teleport that's invincible for a portion of it, small sized character, hard to hit

i could go on, but he's the dumbest character in the game, you try to air zone a zero, he should lighting buster cancel your *** for even trying, you try to zone him on the ground, he sends a buster your way with complete disregard for the rest of the word. shield pressure? he laughs at such attempts to even try to put him in such a position, let alone, the fact you managed to get him in one is impressive

seriously, when the best defense to defeat a zero is "i hope he ****ed up", we got some serious issues
the match is in Trishs favor lolol xD Zero's strong point is on the ground and i can divekick wherever hes planning on doing his upward lightning Raikousens cause hes not invincible during his cross up phase, hopscotches stop him from being underneath and i dont really play keep away against Zero when theres hidden missiles involved. If your on the ground against Zero your just playing the match up wrong. Also the best defense to beat Zero is a remarkable aerial offense. But yeah ima upload a video or 2 of very hurtful things that can stop a Zero's Rushdown. Also don't try to say "That Zero didn't do this and that" the person im playing is very knowledgeable of this game and im pretty sure hes better than more than half the people of this site and possibly the best Zero of this forum unless there's a Wild Flocker somewhere around here.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
zero doesn't need to use a bar to kill a large portion of the cast if he's backed up by dante and sentinel (which i think we can all agree, is no bad thing), it's only those at like 1.1 million and up that he needs to do the lightening loop but at that point, he's already gained more meter than he needs so he just pulled off a meter positive combo that is going to kill your character

let alone, he has the easiest time opening people up in this game so it's not like it's going to be that hard
Zero cant do 1.1 mil with no bar and he cant do over 1 mill without lightning loops. Please stop *****ing so hard

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i'll find these videos

AND THEN I WILL SMITE YOU ALL

but first to stop procrastinating on this paper...

daihaksu

Smash Cadet
Zero cant do 1.1 mil with no bar and he cant do over 1 mill without lightning loops. Please stop *****ing so hard
i'll find these videos

AND THEN I WILL SMITE YOU ALL

but first to stop procrastinating on this paper...
your going to waste your life searching for it, cause every video Zero's in that actually reaches over 800k damage needed meter

mood4food77

Smash Hero
the one against hulk built 2 bars and only used 1

while yea he still uses meter, he's still a whole bar up on what he started with, and the fact he just ToD'd hulk is dumb (why do you outdamage characters like thor and hulk, just...why)

daihaksu

Smash Cadet
the one against hulk built 2 bars and only used 1

while yea he still uses meter, he's still a whole bar up on what he started with, and the fact he just ToD'd hulk is dumb (why do you outdamage characters like thor and hulk, just...why)
well this game wouldnt be marvel without an infinite of some sort -insert trollface- its an infinite in where you **** up you still have option of crossing up opponent :D and resetting! hurray

mood4food77

Smash Hero
the main reason why i hate him is cause he's got the same bull**** as viper, firebrand, dante, and strider but deals more damage than they do with less execution and is like 59485032852 times more safe on block from any more he throws out

oh, he's also the hardest character to hit in the game

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
>_>

Your source for this? I'd think that distinction would actually go to Rocket Raccoon considering that he's the tiniest character in the game by far. His hurtboxes are ridiculously small and comboing him is actually pretty tricky depending on the character.

If you're just flat-out saying that Zero is untouchable due to his Buster and his Raikousen, well, that sounds like your problem. No offense, Mood.

Smooth Criminal

Zero is damn annoying but I won't deny that he IS possible to catch..... It's just that the usual Zeros show almost no room for error..... My only hope of beating him is using TA Wright and hoping he dare tries to rush down towards the fingeers or use dat cellphone. Too bad it rarely happens that they get hit by the justice finger. Lol.

AT LEAST I DON'T FACE A LOT OF ZEROS OFFLINE. I wonder why... I don't even know any famous player that uses Zero other than... From what I remember, Marn?
phoenix wright really wants a GTFO assist and a beam-like/lock-down assist

chris' mine can work as the GTFO assist but you have to make sure it's set up before you do anything with PW, it's much better to have something like iron fist's rising fang or something

and drones/missiles immensely help PW, especially on his zoning game
Usually, I just put it in front of Wright while summoning Maya's shield.

I'd love to use drones...... BUT, I don't like Sentinel for some reason. It's not because he's broken (He isn't even broken) :U

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
God damn Xiivi messing with my postcount!

Haven't tested it but I'm pretty sure that Akuma's SRK can beat Zero out of anything in the air.

daihaksu

Smash Cadet
the main reason why i hate him is cause he's got the same bull**** as viper, firebrand, dante, and strider but deals more damage than they do with less execution and is like 59485032852 times more safe on block from any more he throws out

less execution? the ****, why dont you try doing that tiger knee infinite, while charging your buster, and your accounting EVERYTHING involving zero because of that one move, i can build up exactly 2 full bars from the start of a match with Dante and kill off Zero in the same combo without having to go through constant tiger kneeing. oh and last time i checked the hardest characters to hit in game were tied between ammy and rocket raccoon... please stop the unnecessary hate of Zero, he has feelings too.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I lol'd at Zero being the hardest character to hit. He won't fall out of combos due to his size. Besides, his health isn't even that good.

Of course, I play a hard hitting team with a good amount of health, but it's all irrelevant.

EDIT: I like the sound it makes when you hit Zero.

GreenAce

Smash Ace
All I gotta say is the zeros your playing aren't playing the mu correctly. There is no need for zero to rush down trish due to the horizontal angles he can cover with buster canceling.

:phone:

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Just wanted to throw this out there but Dorm does really good against Zero. I don't know why we are all talking about Trish and Hawkeye being decent at the matchup.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
hawkeye actually keeps zero out of the air and zero just can't use his buster freely, gimlet wins

zero really doesn't require that execution, i can do almost all of his combos and i've used him a total of like...5 times, he's seriously not that hard, the only hard part is keeping the buster charged, which charges fast enough that you could let go of the button mid combo and then recharge it, it's really not that hard

yea it'll take more time than most characters but he's really not hard to use, i just don't use him

dorm still loses to zero, but he's probably zero's 3rd worst match-up

firebrand is too fast for zero or something like that

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Just wanted to throw this out there but Dorm does really good against Zero. I don't know why we are all talking about Trish and Hawkeye being decent at the matchup.
I agree with dorm being 50/50ish with zero, its goofy. I have to play a lot more careful then normal.

hawkeye beats bad zero players that don't know how to charge buster. he can chip him out 300k MAX, but once he's in. good luck blocking a mixup that is safe and leads to another mixup with the correct assists.

trish loses to buster canceling. she can't chill at the top right of the screen anymore.

zero worst matchups are dorm, vergil, viper. and by worse I mean either 50/50, or slight zero.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Honestly Zero is dumb as ****. His Cross Over counter can kill basically anyone on hit. He can kill basically anyone off of an any direction aerial exchange. He can kill basically anyone off of way normal hits.

I think that currently, the best Zero strategy is to not run him on point. How can you beat what isn't even doing the main fighting? You just run something campy and spammy on point, then get that hit or CCounter, and ToD, switch back out.
Like ****ing Deathpool, fullscreen bullets, teleport, TAC in the air, 0-death, back to Deadpool.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Honestly Zero is dumb as ****. His Cross Over counter can kill basically anyone on hit. He can kill basically anyone off of an any direction aerial exchange. He can kill basically anyone off of way normal hits.

I think that currently, the best Zero strategy is to not run him on point. How can you beat what isn't even doing the main fighting? You just run something campy and spammy on point, then get that hit or CCounter, and ToD, switch back out.
Like ****ing Deathpool, fullscreen bullets, teleport, TAC in the air, 0-death, back to Deadpool.
ahh. you discovered the zero boards.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
vergil and viper lose to zero, vergil isn't close and viper's only saving grace is ex-seismo and snap in shenanigans

hawkeye has gimlet and exploding arrow that keep him out of the air (he can't randomly throw busters)

firebrand, idk, guys on SRK say so, i don't know the reasoning

dormammu has pillar and flame ball, also his cr. m stops zero's j. H, but he still loses this match-up

zero is too much bs in 1 character

let's think of ways zero can't kill a character:
1. ground throws
2. air throw with no assist and no x-factor

andddd that's about it, everything else he does will lead to a dead character or a badly damaged one put into a reset situation, and then a dead character

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i have yet to see someone combo off zero's ground throws

but wesker could probably solve that

**** you zero...**** you

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
You know, I can't help but find that Zero's damage being too high is a really weak argument.

Regardless of how good he might be, damage as a whole is just too damn high in this game. I don't really care if my opponent has negative meter gain or not, I've probably already lost a character in one hit.

Besides, the guy could be so much worse. :3
If you don't want to fight characters like him then maybe play a game that wasn't intentionally broken.

Top Bottom