• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Canceling Flamethrower into Landimine is also Godlike

and Grenade Toss H all over the place, Chris likes his ground on fire.

This is my Chris

"Fireinthehole!Fireinthehole!Fireinthehole!Fireinthehole!Fireinthehole!Suck it,Fireinthehole!Fireinthehole! EAT LEAD, linkestablished, bring da pain! BRING DA PAIN! BRING DA PAYNE"

Just found out that Investiagtion Wright's standing H hits Strider out of his Vajra H (Even when Strider does that kick). Not sure if there was some certain timing but Wright can do it without taking damage.

Oh and, you don't mix up with Chris. If you want to, just use his grab then. His combos from his grabs deal 500k - 600k damage or even more if combined with assists. You're not suppose to try to mix up with him though. You don't have to anyway because he does SOOO MUCH CHIP.
This is my Chris

"Fireinthehole!Fireinthehole!Fireinthehole!Fireinthehole!Fireinthehole!Suck it,Fireinthehole!Fireinthehole! EAT LEAD, linkestablished, bring da pain! BRING DA PAIN! BRING DA PAYNE"
This is how my Chris runs

"Fireinthehole!Fireinthehole!Fireinthehole!Fireinthehole!Fireinthehole!" - Anywhere

"Beat it (Pulls out flamethrower)"

"Need back up!" , "YES YES YES!"

"SUCK IT!"

"Beat it!"

"Need back up!" - In the corner

And just repeat and repeat until the guy advance guards. Then use the machine gun to make the BTW safe. And that's how I am able to deal either around 240k chip damage or just around 150k chip damage in the corner. LOL

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Yeah man, didn't realise that there was a decent Marvel scene here.

I swear I'm gonna win a tourney soon.

Just need to perfect my Akuma/Doom ToD combo then I'll be golden.

Also how to deal with keepaway charcaters like Hawkeye, Trish and Deadpool.

Pikaville

Dude I dropped EVERY, SINGLE, DOOM COMBO!

I realised after it's because I have right trigger on the pad set to M&H attack.

So if I try to input an airdash too quickly, it comes out as a laser :(

Anyways I changed it to L&M attack and it doesn't tend to happen now.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Dude I dropped EVERY, SINGLE, DOOM COMBO!

I realised after it's because I have right trigger on the pad set to M&H attack.

So if I try to input an airdash too quickly, it comes out as a laser :(

Anyways I changed it to L&M attack and it doesn't tend to happen now.
jesus! Lets do this.

1) drop combos- I'm sure you know this one, go back to the lab and fix this one. I would say that people get nervous but you were dropping doom combos???

2) neutral tech launcher can only get you so far. roll away and analyze the situation.

3) Respect what he trying to do. dante/strider means he wants you in the air for a dante otg combo. plus some of his teleports were unsafe. jump back and grab those. I think you super with nemisis for a follow up.

4) DUDE! beginning of second match, learn to block dante rockets. I take it you were frustrated and really wanted to smack him. BE PATIENT!!!

I have no clue what to do against hawkeye for your team, good luck.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
What the hell assists are you running on that?
both beta assists

but it doesn't matter:
FIRE IN THE HOLE
SUCK IT
SUCK ON THIS
KEY BLADE
COME ON SUCKER AHHHHHHHHHH
BIONICE AAAAARRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
TAKE THIS
POWER OF THE NOVA FORCE

it doesn't matter what i use, it's just too badass to turn down

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
So I took down the Spiderman guy, but got beaten in winners by the guy who came 2nd and in losers by the guy who came 3rd.

I'm getting better, but this guys team of Hawkeye, Dante and Strider was just uber lame and I didn't have an answer for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMH37n7VmKc&feature=related

Video of my exit from losers.
Ill throw my 2cents at you.

1. Combo's, combo's, combo's. It's not the fact that you droppped combo's it's the fact that in certain situations you could have literally done air.M, air.M, finger shots with doom and you could have killed a char. Dumb things down like crazy if you have the spare meter. No point of doing footdive loops midscreen when you are sitting on 3 levels of meter and X-factor lvl 3.

2. Learn how to wavedash better especially with Sent. In a lot of situation the Dante player would just SJ and hover over you with S's and hammers. Run behind him and throw off his spacing. Make him afraid to press buttons because you are standing behind him with 2 characters with unreasonable amounts of super armor.

3. React to teleports better. The Dante didn't cover many of his teleports properly. Grab him, hit S, etc, just make him second guess going auto-pilot with teleports.

4. Learn those unescapable Nemesis resets. I saw you touched a char with him the first round he shouldn't have survived.

5. Against Hawkeye none of your chars are able to rush him down. Since you know this focus on chicken blocking him towards the corner and keep your counter pokes minimum so he doesn't take 50% on his way there. When he is there he has no choice but to SJ out or try and bust out with a random slide. Those are your chances to kill him. Don't be afraid to take chip you will be blocking most of the fight against Hawkeye. Also I'm pretty sure with Nemesis if you can preemptively call out jump back arrows you can tiger knee a missile and force him to either block or get hit if he did something.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
honestly, your nemesis really held you back in that set

he gets beat pretty hard by all three characters and the fact you're not using drones gives him an easier time to set up

i'd suggest using someone over nemesis but it's entirely up to you

Pikaville

Thanks for the advice guys.

Yeah Nemesis gets bodied by a good few characters, that's why I have started using Akuma.

In hindsight, I should have picked Akuma against him, but no one knew who this guy was so I thought I might be ok.

I definitely need to work on grabbing people out of the air, I just never think of doing it to be honest.

The reason I have the rocket punch assist is obviously for the OTG, I mean it's just too tempting to be able to kill anyone from a million down in 1 hit confirm.

Maybe the drones would give me better pressure though.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
drones would help with everything you were having trouble with, from approaching to pressuring to zoning

Pikaville

But I wouldn't be able to easy mode ToD people :(

I GUESS I could just do standard Nemesis extended combos instead.

I'll see what kinda meter/damage I can get.

But honestly I'm probably gonna just focus on getting my Akuma up to scratch.

What do you guys think of an Akuma/Sent/Doom team?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
akuma is nasty, people keep saying he's only an anchor but akuma is awesome on point

his damage output is absurd, to go along with his way above average high low mix-up, and you can't forget tatsu

akuma's bnbs do over 850k, he's the opposite of rocky and strider in who have crazy reset options, akuma just straight up kills you and has a pretty good mix-up to go along with that

akuma really just needs a beam assist, like every other offensive character in the game, the other assist is up to the player

sentinel runs sentinel and doom, so he can go drones and missiles in which akuma definitely benefits from, akuma has a pretty decent zoning game

along with that, doom and sentinel have great synergy together, especially when running missiles and drones, the only thing is that doom doesn't have great DHC options but with sentinel, it's not a problem, hard drive and HSF give you a safe DHC and plasma storm will always allow doom to get sphere flame off

if sentinel runs akuma/sentinel/doom, his order doesn't matter as he has great assists from any of them, to go with DHC options, and all three characters are one-touch kill characters, his team is pretty solid

i'm about to change my wesker/sentinel/dormammu team to thor/sentinel/wesker but i just like wesker on point way too much, i could always try wesker/sentinel/doom but i don't know

mood4food77

Smash Hero
everyone likes tatsu, it's a friggen awesome assist

but sentinel likes straying from the box and almost no one uses on point akuma, who is really good there, he doesn't need assists to deal a lot of damage but he benefits from them in zoning, approaching, and mix-up opportunities

sentinel and doom will benefit from tatsu but it's nice to seem someone using akuma for more than the assist and being an anchor

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Ok, I'm starting to like RR/Frank more than RR/Chris

Frank is only better than Chris if I can get Frank to Level 4 with RR, which wasn't easy.

But now because of the boulder trap loop I can do a RR combo that starts with at least 1 meter, and get 2 meters by the end of the combo to finish it off with Rock n Roll into Survival Techniques whiff for the snapshot. In other words, I only need to combo with RR once in order to get Frank to Level 4, so to a lesser extent its another Nova/Frank team.

lmh, wildripper, s, airMS, Samurai Edge Assist + Log Trap, Wildripper, S, airMS, Bear Trap, Boulder Trap, S, Boulder Trap, S, Boulder Trap, S, Rock n Roll, DHC Survival Techniques (Whiff), Snapshot

smashbot226

Smash Master
People put Akuma on anchor because he absolutely loves burning through meter and doesn't necessarily need assists to pour on the hurt. And Level 3 X-Factor Akuma is goddamn scary. That and he doesn't have a lot of health, meaning if you do make one mistake with him on point, it'll lead to a few scenarios:

1. You either DHC or use one meter for a hard tag, effectively wasting two meters just to get him out. And that's not even tasking snapbacks into account.

2. He eats fist to the point where all of his 750k health dies in, like, one combo.

3. You force in a hard tag, possibly putting whoever you call in at risk for free damage.

Is Akuma good on point? Only if you play flawlessly, but overall, he's definitely better as an assist or anchor. Dat Tatsu assist.

Running Haggar(Lariat)/Taskmaster(Horizontal Arrows)/Super Skrull(

mood4food77

Smash Hero
akuma is great on point...people who say otherwise haven't experienced it

what are good assists with chris, i'm trying dante and doom but i don't really like missiles all that much with chris and i can't figure out the full combo with chris using dante's assist

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Chris' assist of choice would be his Gunfire. It's pretty much a beam assist. It's not as fast as say Doom's, but it deals just as much chip as the regular version of the move does.

His other assist the landmine is more situational where it could be useful for somebody like the Hulk to have a re-launch (H, S + Landmine Assist, airMMHS, (hits landmine) S, mmhs, gamma wave L, Gamma Crush)

And his combination punch assist is bad, the only thing it has going for it is that it's an invincible Cross-Over Counter. In vanilla using it in combos were easier because it garunteed a hard knockdown, but in Ultimate it's subject to hitstun decay and they'll pop out of the first hit of his assist.

smashbot226

Smash Master
akuma is great on point...people who say otherwise haven't experienced it

what are good assists with chris, i'm trying dante and doom but i don't really like missiles all that much with chris and i can't figure out the full combo with chris using dante's assist
1. Akuma isn't the best on point and I'm sure several pros who use him would testify, considering on SEVERAL winning or high-ranking teams, I've yet to see more than one or two Akuma's ever on point. And then only because the assist/anchor characters would be even worse on point.

2. Plasma Beam works as a better assist with Chris from what I can tell, since you can Air Magnum after an air combo in tandem with Plasma Beam and get a potential Sweep Combo in. FOR Chris, I'd probably say Gunfire is his best one, but the mine certainly has it's uses as an OTG.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i'm running chris on point so his assist is whatever, i went to drones and i liked it a lot better

akuma is nasty on point, it's just that his assist is so good that you usually don't want to give it up, akuma has everything he needs to excel on point (but he definitely is no zero on point...**** that character)

smashbot226

Smash Master
i'm running chris on point so his assist is whatever, i went to drones and i liked it a lot better

akuma is nasty on point, it's just that his assist is so good that you usually don't want to give it up, akuma has everything he needs to excel on point (but he definitely is no zero on point...**** that character)
1. Drones is good. Great for offensive pressure and balanced in that even glancing Sentinel takes them away. Not sure what it's doing on a relatively defensive character like Chris but whatever.

2. His assist is indeed so good. Which is why people prefer putting him as an assist or anchor character. He CAN play a good point game but his health/size ratio is rather bad, meaning making one mistake pretty much spells the end for him.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
drones do everything, they help me set up his mines, add damage to combos, etc

any character with low life is like that, akuma still has tatsu on point which is one of the really stupidly good moves in the game as it's pretty much safe on block, yes i know he's a great assist character but sentinel is running akuma/senitinel/doom and of the 3, akuma is by far the best character to start off a match with (akuma's walking speed is really fast)

smashbot226

Smash Master
drones do everything, they help me set up his mines, add damage to combos, etc

any character with low life is like that, akuma still has tatsu on point which is one of the really stupidly good moves in the game as it's pretty much safe on block, yes i know he's a great assist character but sentinel is running akuma/senitinel/doom and of the 3, akuma is by far the best character to start off a match with (akuma's walking speed is really fast)
1. Drones are indeed awesome, but the awesome is amplified heavily depending on which character you're using. Skrull can get up to, like, about 800k in one combo with two bars and Drones. I guess I'd have to see how Chris uses it for myself.

2. Not exactly; Akuma has the second lowest health in the game along with Strider and Rocket, both of which are also amazing assist/anchor characters... well, maybe not so much Rocket, but you get the point. However, Strider and Rocket have decreased hurtboxes in comparison to Akuma, making them harder to hit than poor ol Gouki. And do people REALLY not know how to deal with Tatsu by now? Seriously? Shield Skills/Elastic Slam/Lariat/God knows what else chews through Tatsu. It's only really safe on block if the opponent doesn't advance guard on the second-to-last hit or if they're morons. Or using someone with a bad match-up. Walking speed is a bit of a questionable plus since a majority of the time, you're dashing/teleporting. He DOES have the fastest walking speed in the game, though.

Pikaville

Akuma is amazing on point.

He builds silly amount of meter, can combo into a TAC finishing with Doom that kills any character while being meter positive.

Sure he dies easy, but most top tier charcaters are killed in 1 combo anyway.

So it's irrelevant.

Akuma's corner game is broken too.

Call in drones>teleport through them for crossups>spam dive kick + cr.L>free combos.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Akuma is amazing on point.

He builds silly amount of meter, can combo into a TAC finishing with Doom that kills any character while being meter positive.

Sure he dies easy, but most top tier charcaters are killed in 1 combo anyway.

So it's irrelevant.

Akuma's corner game is broken too.

Call in drones>teleport through them for crossups>spam dive kick + cr.L>free combos.
Never said Akuma isn't good on point but there are characters who just fare better while at the same time build an equally ridiculous amount of meter. You can probably guess who I'm thinking of but for the record, Zero is even more rediculous. People just flat out prefer Akuma as assist for that ridiculous tatsu assist or anchor for hilarious Level 3 X-Factor bonuses combined with meter-chugging punisher gameplay. Seriously, he's easily one of the most threatening X-Factor abusers in the game.

And some top tier characters won't simply die in one combo, assuming they're at full health. Hell, even Zero takes a little more effort now since his health got buffed for whatever reason. Akuma has lol750k, which doesn't automatically mean it's irrelevant considering Wesker and Doom have one million points. Haggar's B&Bs can knock Akuma out with both assists and no meter.

Yes, Akuma's corner pressure is indeed amazing. More threatening based on how he'll mix you up, but I've rarely played against anyone who does anything outside of spamming dive kick with crouching light. It's like they just realized the basics of high/lows and suddenly think that'll land them a victory. That or tatsu spam, which is even more hilarious.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
characters that won't die in one combo (except against zero)

thor
hulk
haggar
tron
nemesis
she-hulk

and...the list ends there

only dumb akuma's spam tatsu, tatsu is still pretty safe on block and usually pushes the opponent too far to punish it, and if he does it from the air, i don't think you can punish it

it's called a block string

don't bring zero into this discussion, i have a strong hatred for such a stupid character, he kills everyone in one combo using no meter, i'm not going to go into it

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
My college is having a Umvc3 tournament tonight and I'm pretty pumped up for it. Got some good players ther so its not like its going to be auto win or anything (one of thems a 1st lord on 360).

I'm going to try and record it depending if my opponent allows me to like I did in last year's tournament.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
don't bring zero into this discussion, i have a strong hatred for such a stupid character, he kills everyone in one combo using no meter, i'm not going to go into it
The salt is strong with this one.

Characters with more health will more than likely require 2 meters in a combo to kill (NOTE: More than likely depends on the character doing the combo) Akuma will die in a combo with 1 meter (or none sometimes) 99% of the time.

Just sayin'

****, does Doom really have 1mil? I only know a few characters' healths

Another edit, I wonder why Akuma doesn't have his grab after the Flip, seems kinda weird to not give him it. The Hadouken is weak...

Top Bottom