• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

mood4food77

Smash Hero
obviously, but zero's level of stupidity is just absurd

he can kill every character in the game without using a single bar, he's got the best set of normals in the game (seriously, crazy disjointed, safe on block, great reach, any hit leads to a dead character), and then he's a **** ton of reset options, hell he can even ToD characters from a cross-over counter, like seriously

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING CAPCOM?!?!?!?!

doom only has 1 million health, which seems about right for him, the only characters whose health just don't seem right are:

-zero, lower his health down to 800k or even 750k, too much bull**** for someone with that much life, he's got the reset options of strider with the damage output that is unmatched (it's higher than hulk's for crying out loud)
-arthur should have at least 950k, the guy has no mix-up game, HE'S GOT NO DASH, give the guy some slack, he's bottom tier but giving him more health would definitely help him)
-sentinel, too low, give him 1 to 1.1 million and he's fine, just make it so his alpha assist takes more damage than usual (make it so if he gets hit, it's 2x the damage, instead of the 1.5x norm)
-phoenix, give her 400k back, she got hit hard with the nerf hammer, she's still ****ing awesome on point, but now that it you don't even need to do ABCS BBCS to kill her is just dumb, also remove the possibility of x-factoring TAC's, this little find pretty much ruined her

but overall, health seems to fit quite well in this game, although akuma could probably use a boost to 800k due to lack of mix-up (but i guess they wanted to keep his health at 750k to keep the notion that he always has the least amount of life in the game), and when i mean fits, that the characters have health proportionate to the damage output/reset opportunities

but other things i'd wish they fix:
-iron man's normals need to be "faster", what i mean is that the hitbubbles of these attacks need to come out earlier, they come out way later than they look like they do
-grabs should be 3 frames, as fast as the fastest normals in the game, like street fighter, because 1 frame grabs are really dumb (i got grabbed at the peak of mighty smash, THE PEAK!)
-TACs should be just like the up exchange, no extra meter gained, no meter taken away, they add hitstun and damage while allowing a "safe" switch-out, then the counter should be kept like it is, seems more fair to me that way
-give tron her j. H back, the fact she can't combo off of it makes her the worst character in the game by far (no good assists and terrible on point), either that or give her some invincibility on gustaff flame, she's honestly terrible
-reduce OTG-able time, seriously, it's too long

other than that, i'm happy like a peach :)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
tron is fine without her old j.H

about akuma's hp... it's funny because the only reason they gave him low hp in other games like cvs2 is because he's considered a "boss" character. dumb lol, everyone in marvel is freakin bosses.

i agree with sent's health going back up.

i like tac's the way they are

mood4food77

Smash Hero
the idea is fine, they look flashy, it's just that they're to powerful a simple tactic, that almost has no repercussions of use

if all they did was add damage, i would completely fine with them, it's mostly the fact they take away a meter, it really changes to match outcome too much for something so easy to pull off

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
easy to pull off? x-factoring to extend a combo and kill is too easy to pull off. the repercussion of that is using up your x-factor.

i'd say risking a dropped combo before your combo ender with a TAC is a pretty big risk.

if you had, say, a phoenix team you could mash left/right S to protect your meter. there's always that x-factor trick but that uses up x-factor for a sure kill on phoenix.

there are many things easy to do in this game, like using hulk, but that doesn't warrant changes just because they're easy. tac's just have a gigantic reward, which i think is what you're getting at.

if that's the case, perhaps people should use them more?

still a 1/3 risk of dropping your combo!

mood4food77

Smash Hero
while it's still a 1/3rd risk, what happens, you get a little damage and are at the opposite side of the screen, like nothing happened

mood4food77

Smash Hero
dark phoenix needs to build meter, she already has trouble against hawkeye and strider

and phoenix doesn't need the 600k life, she has so much bull**** it's not even funny, it's just TAC shenanigans ruined her on top of some characters actually having an advantage on her now (strider and hawkeye, akuma and dorm gave her trouble already)

her life should be at 400k, cause when she gets 5 bars, it's effectively 800k, but it's the whole TAC taking away the meter that really hurt her

BSP

Smash Legend
The zero combos on YouTube are ridiculous

PW question: does his turnabout finger do chip?

:phone:

BSP

Smash Legend
I can't speak from exp. but Sent just looks like a big pushover in most cases. Nobody that big should die that quickly. I saw hulk kill him with no bars.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
zero and viper are just about the only characters who can kill sentinel without using a bar and even then, viper is pushing it

sentinel is definitely not a big pushover, he's got some stuff like a command grab that people should use more

smashbot226

Smash Master
I think pre-nerf, Sentinel was a low risk high reward character even taking his size into account. After the nerf, players have to actually be careful with him since his health is relatively low. He's still really damn good, he just has a lot less room for error than he did before.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
So I went to my college tournament today and sadly I did not win. I came in 2nd place losing to the Nova/Frank/Hawkeye team I mentioned earlier.

In the grand finals his Hawkeye came back with an amazing comeback with literally no health or red health. He did however have level 3 X-Factor and took out my entire team without getting hit. I could've won that match because I'll I had to do was time the 2nd Rock N Roll correctly, but due to past experiances where I'd wait too long and they'd touch the ground before I'd hit them, I played it safe instead by using it early and most of the super missed, allowing him to live.

Losers Finals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dS5FnTxTTk&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
Grand Finas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJRS2nPAuIU&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

I want to see what you guys think of my RR/(Chris,Frank)/Wesker team. Get some critics in here.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
okay, your RR and chris were fine, frank was pretty good, wesker straight up sucked (kinda funny that your worst characater is by far the easiest one to use of the 4)

learn the wesker glasses on BnB, it builds a bar and puts them into a reset position

cr. l, cr. m, cr. H, QCF L, L follow up, df H, cr. M, st. H, QCF M, dash, cr. M, cr. H, S, MMHS, df H, does around 550k and builds exactly 1 bar while putting the opponent into a reset opportunity

one more note for frank, in the air when you have at least level 3, go MS in the air, the ground bounce really helps you with those random hits you may get, but really on your team, i don't know why you'd use frank, frank isn't very good without a beam backing him up

against hawkeye, he's really punishable on block, there were a few opportunities you missed but overall, getting 2nd is great!

smashbot226

Smash Master
Trying out a new team: Captain America (Shield Slash)/Nemesis (Launcher Slam)/Rocket Raccoon (Log Trap). Been working out rather well, although I've been discovering more stuff with my main team of Haggar/Task/Skrull. Practicing with my sub team as well, Deadpool (Katana-Rama)/Arthur (Daggers)/ Dormammu (Dark Hole).

Wright (PTW/Paperwork)
Chris (Landmine)
Morrigan (DH)

Basically, I gather evidence and all. Chris' landmine is placed behind or front or inside Maya's shield. After that, I try to combo or land objection (Half the time, landing the objection comes from hitting an assist LOL).

Once I enter turnabout mode, it's either I swap out to Morrigan or Chris or combo with the 1.01 mil. damaging objection loop combo then swap out to either of the 2 or just leave Wright on point. Basically with Chris, it's practically 150k chip each pushed block BTW + Flamethrower to land mine or an early cancelled flame thrower to gun fire M if Wright's chipping from behind while Chris chips from the front. With Morrigan, she doesn't need Wright's assist that much. I think she's fine on her own.

The layout of the team follows this suggestion made by UltraDavid:

The lawyer
The one that can benefit from the assist heavily
The one who can clean up the mess when the lawyer or the other teammate are defeated

mood4food77

Smash Hero
phoenix wright really wants a GTFO assist and a beam-like/lock-down assist

chris' mine can work as the GTFO assist but you have to make sure it's set up before you do anything with PW, it's much better to have something like iron fist's rising fang or something

and drones/missiles immensely help PW, especially on his zoning game

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
okay, your RR and chris were fine, frank was pretty good, wesker straight up sucked (kinda funny that your worst characater is by far the easiest one to use of the 4)

learn the wesker glasses on BnB, it builds a bar and puts them into a reset position

cr. l, cr. m, cr. H, QCF L, L follow up, df H, cr. M, st. H, QCF M, dash, cr. M, cr. H, S, MMHS, df H, does around 550k and builds exactly 1 bar while putting the opponent into a reset opportunity

one more note for frank, in the air when you have at least level 3, go MS in the air, the ground bounce really helps you with those random hits you may get, but really on your team, i don't know why you'd use frank, frank isn't very good without a beam backing him up

against hawkeye, he's really punishable on block, there were a few opportunities you missed but overall, getting 2nd is great!

Yeah, Wesker is my worst character on my team, and I wouldn't be using him if it wasn't for that assist of his. It just helps out Rocky so much. If I could find another assist that was just as helpful, he wouldn't be on my team.

I'm thinking about putting Wesker in the 2nd spot, and getting a new anchor such as Strider or Super Skrull. So even though I'm not good with Wesker still, it won't matter as much since he won't be anchor anymore.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
strider is a much better anchor than wesker, and that's also not using orbs, strider also sets up nasty reset opportunities from the assist as well

strider is just...nasty

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
With Rocky tunneling underground, opponents will be able to get mixed up in mid air because of the Strider assist.

I like it. Now I just need to learn how to play as Strider.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
that is, if you can touch the point character! hahah.

i think that thing has been underused since day one. in vanilla you could even dhc glitch with it... but there were always better point characters and dhc glitch abilities

i think people just take into account that hsien ko is a really weak point character. however if you really put time into her, she does have 900k corner combos with multiple gong loops. her mid screen combos are mad weak, but if you have at least 2 bars you can make her safe anyway. you can DHC her armor into another character's super, or use her swords super to put yourself at full screen, shoot a gong and activate armor, then tag in another character.

if coupled with a teleport character, her assist becomes freaking bonkers to deal with. my main goal in games is to just body people with strider + hsien ko.

however, once i finally get time to practice him, i really want to try out zero + hsien ko.... hahahahhaha. o my god.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
zero doesn't give a **** what assists he uses, he just does what he does and goes on with life, you could probably ToD someone using hsien-ko's item throw assist if you wanted to

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yea mood, that's exactly why i want to try it out

he's already amazing as he is

but why not just make it even funner with the most broken assist

daihaksu

Smash Cadet
obviously, but zero's level of stupidity is just absurd

he can kill every character in the game without using a single bar, he's got the best set of normals in the game (seriously, crazy disjointed, safe on block, great reach, any hit leads to a dead character), and then he's a **** ton of reset options, hell he can even ToD characters from a cross-over counter, like seriously

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING CAPCOM?!?!?!?!

doom only has 1 million health, which seems about right for him, the only characters whose health just don't seem right are:

-zero, lower his health down to 800k or even 750k, too much bull**** for someone with that much life, he's got the reset options of strider with the damage output that is unmatched (it's higher than hulk's for crying out loud)
-arthur should have at least 950k, the guy has no mix-up game, HE'S GOT NO DASH, give the guy some slack, he's bottom tier but giving him more health would definitely help him)
-sentinel, too low, give him 1 to 1.1 million and he's fine, just make it so his alpha assist takes more damage than usual (make it so if he gets hit, it's 2x the damage, instead of the 1.5x norm)
-phoenix, give her 400k back, she got hit hard with the nerf hammer, she's still ****ing awesome on point, but now that it you don't even need to do ABCS BBCS to kill her is just dumb, also remove the possibility of x-factoring TAC's, this little find pretty much ruined her

but overall, health seems to fit quite well in this game, although akuma could probably use a boost to 800k due to lack of mix-up (but i guess they wanted to keep his health at 750k to keep the notion that he always has the least amount of life in the game), and when i mean fits, that the characters have health proportionate to the damage output/reset opportunities

but other things i'd wish they fix:
-iron man's normals need to be "faster", what i mean is that the hitbubbles of these attacks need to come out earlier, they come out way later than they look like they do
-grabs should be 3 frames, as fast as the fastest normals in the game, like street fighter, because 1 frame grabs are really dumb (i got grabbed at the peak of mighty smash, THE PEAK!)
-TACs should be just like the up exchange, no extra meter gained, no meter taken away, they add hitstun and damage while allowing a "safe" switch-out, then the counter should be kept like it is, seems more fair to me that way
-give tron her j. H back, the fact she can't combo off of it makes her the worst character in the game by far (no good assists and terrible on point), either that or give her some invincibility on gustaff flame, she's honestly terrible
-reduce OTG-able time, seriously, it's too long

other than that, i'm happy like a peach :)
Zero isnt God. Just use an anti-zero character like Trish and the person using Zero wont even put him on point anymore, i dont think he needs any nerfs besides that infinite thing with the lightning he has going and shut up your lying, he does need a bar to kill you thats the only way he can do his infinite =_=

mood4food77

Smash Hero
there is no anti-zero character (the closest two that come to it are firebrand and hawkeye and really only if they have missiles or vajra behind them to stop him from zoning)

you can't punish him, you can't grab him, NOTHING

also, what the hell does trish do to stop zero? zone him, please, that buster goes through everything and even then, he's got the lightening thing going for him that stops air zoning

there's only been 2 majors since the game was released, we can't take into account tournament placings yet, but trust me, zero will run evo, straight up, run it

L__

Smash Master
I wasn't talking about majors really just a few locals I've heard about around and about

like wnfs and locals in my area but w/e

time will tell

GreenAce

Smash Ace
Zero isnt God. Just use an anti-zero character like Trish and the person using Zero wont even put him on point anymore, i dont think he needs any nerfs besides that infinite thing with the lightning he has going and shut up your lying, he does need a bar to kill you thats the only way he can do his infinite =_=
Sorry man trish doesn't counter zero.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
zero doesn't need to use a bar to kill a large portion of the cast if he's backed up by dante and sentinel (which i think we can all agree, is no bad thing), it's only those at like 1.1 million and up that he needs to do the lightening loop but at that point, he's already gained more meter than he needs so he just pulled off a meter positive combo that is going to kill your character

let alone, he has the easiest time opening people up in this game so it's not like it's going to be that hard

Top Bottom