• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Most of the people I know don't like the game in. They say it takes no skill to play and it is so lame.

It's really a shame because I was having a lot of fun and I would love to get better at the game. One of the guys is just upset because I beat him after practicing for only an hour or so the day before our little tournament. I used tron, magneto, and sentinel, I would keep away as my opponent approaches then pull off a simple air combo before going back to camping.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
With a disappointing 0-2 in my first MvC3 tourney, I'll be dropping online for a long time.
My timing was so off and I didn't think properly or adapt as well as I should have.

I also went for simple online combos. Ugh.
And yes, I'm not too thrilled on my performance. lol

Time to hit training mode and start testing new things out again.

How are you doing that? I can get 618k with She-Hulk for an assist.
j.C 5A 2B 5C 421C 5A 5B 6B j.B j.B j.C 5C 5S sj.B sj.B sj.C sj.S 2C 6C (Dante Jam Session assist) 236C j.C j.S 236A King Servbot 5C Lunch Rush.

Sentinel assist should work instead of Jam Session. Not sure about She Hulk's.
There may be ways around it if you want to use other assists but I haven't bothered checking.

I think
j.C 5A 2B 5C 421C 5A 5B 6B j.B j.C j.S 236A King Servbot 5C Lunch Rush might do 700k.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Most of the people I know don't like the game in. They say it takes no skill to play and it is so lame.

It's really a shame because I was having a lot of fun and I would love to get better at the game. One of the guys is just upset because I beat him after practicing for only an hour or so the day before our little tournament. I used tron, magneto, and sentinel, I would keep away as my opponent approaches then pull off a simple air combo before going back to camping.
It's a REALLLY fun game, but honestly it doesn't take that much skill from an online pov.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
HYPER SENTINEL FORCE
X-FACTOR
HYPER SENTINEL FORCE
K.O.!
Player 1 Wins!
Word.

That and people say I spam wolverine's bnb soooooo much, well its easy and does 630k damageeeeee rapeeeeeeeeeeeee

if you guys wanna feel the pain come at me

xbl: zingst3r

Atlus8

Smash Master
With a disappointing 0-2 in my first MvC3 tourney, I'll be dropping online for a long time.
My timing was so off and I didn't think properly or adapt as well as I should have.

Yes,yes! Online is no good for this game!

I have been thinking for a while and I don't know if I'll be going to tournies for this game! I will still be playing it, but I don't know if I'll get too serious with it! SSFIV looks a bit more appealing right now! That is just sad!

Also, I tried the game mode on the tv and the lag is still there! All it did was dim the brightness a bit!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yes,yes! Online is no good for this game!

I have been thinking for a while and I don't know if I'll be going to tournies for this game! I will still be playing it, but I don't know if I'll get too serious with it! SSFIV looks a bit more appealing right now! That is just sad!

Also, I tried the game mode on the tv and the lag is still there! All it did was dim the brightness a bit!
I feel like getting into SSFIV again (but I'm going to work on MvC3 a lot more though).
Today just made me want to get better at MvC3 fast since dropping combos that I rarely drop feels awful.

And yeah, Game Mode does make the screen darker since it reduces the picture's clarity, but it does help reduce lag depending on the TV.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I feel like getting into SSFIV again (but I'm going to work on MvC3 a lot more though).
Today just made me want to get better at MvC3 fast since dropping combos that I rarely drop feels awful.

I feel the same way. Playing this makes me want to play SSF4, and that is ****ing ridiculous considering how I feel about that game.

TT2, OE, and SFxT. One of these games has to be amazing.

Atlus8

Smash Master
I feel the same way. Playing this makes me want to play SSF4, and that is ****ing ridiculous considering how I feel about that game.

Haha! Yeah, I was thinking I might have to wait until SFxT to really get back into the tournament scene! It looks a bit faster than SSFIV! Adding the parry would eliminate the whole fireball war and ******* cheap deaths on wake up! If not SFxT, then the next GG would have to be the make or break of ALL new school fighting games! Can you imagine the GG graphics/particle effects in a SFIV engine?! Game would look pretty bad@$$!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
j.C 5A 2B 5C 421C 5A 5B 6B j.B j.B j.C 5C 5S sj.B sj.B sj.C sj.S 2C 6C (Dante Jam Session assist) 236C j.C j.S 236A King Servbot 5C Lunch Rush.

Sentinel assist should work instead of Jam Session. Not sure about She Hulk's.
There may be ways around it if you want to use other assists but I haven't bothered checking.

I think
j.C 5A 2B 5C 421C 5A 5B 6B j.B j.C j.S 236A King Servbot 5C Lunch Rush might do 700k.
Given the hitstun deterioration, I think it's safe to assume I can't do it with She-Hulk since it's slow. However, by replacing the bold with Wesker's Samurai Edge, I deal 832,700 damage which would K.O. a good chunk of the cast. It'll be something to use on the Jill/Wesker/Tron team which I'll call Metroid: Biohazard Legends.

That second combo is hard for me to pull off at the j.B. j.C j.S portion. I can't get the timing right.

And I'm starting to wonder if Deadpool is a bad matchup for She-Hulk.

You guys know me. I'm waiting for a patch to come out before I get really competitive with SFIV again. Playing Fuerte has been one of my greatest gaming experiences, but with AE out, meh.

Minato

穏やかじゃない

I think it's because I want to play a game with that chess-like mentality again.
I've been playing Super Turbo lately on the side though.

And I might be going back to my Zero team. I'm not sure if I'm going to tweak it or not just yet.
I just need some assists that'll help Zero do big damage and help him not get countered hard.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I think he means doing 15+ minutes of thinking before throwing out a poke.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
It is so weird how like timing out is such a legitimate strategy in this game, I mean it is such a fast paced game with tons of combos.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeMOzQ9_QAw&feature=related

A partially revised moveset for Venom in the new gameplay while keeping a lot of these ideas alive would make for a really interesting character. I can just see an OTG assist being used to start up his full screen hyper where he catches them in his web, or using it in the air mid-combo sort of like Spider-Man with his Maximum Spider.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Unlocking all the endings, some of them have no relation to killing Galactus, lolz.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Minato, what do you mean by chess-like mentality?
Marvel's more of trying to get past the opponent's main strategy instead of countering each individual move they make while SF is slower paced which involves players making a decision to counter the opponent's last action.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That almost sounds like an over-simplification there.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Almost? lol:)

@Serris: Didn't even recognize you lol Pheonix got some of the best keepaway AND rushdown options in the game. Just try and get in there, they'll crack eventually. Oh, and watch out for random hypers.. one of the best ways to kill phoenix :/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
This is SWF, of course I have to over-simplify. lol

Honestly, I see Marvel as a way to just put a stop to whatever strategy they try to do so you can start your own.
SF is the same, but there's usually that one answer to shut down the opponent's move that was last thrown out.

If you don't see it that way, that's fine.
I could go more indepth, but a lot of my effort would go to waste.

N64

Smash Champion
Originally wanted to play spencer. Game came out. Tried him out, was super unintuitive (I suck at traditional fighters, gimme some easy combos), and settled for easier chars. Combofiend making him look super clutch, and now I wanna use him again. I'm gonna hella bandwagon. Wolvy/spencer/morrigan?

Bionic ****ing arm.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I have a new team, sort of. Dante's been replayed.

Zero (Hadangeki?), Sentinel (Rocket Punch), Spider-Man (Web Ball)

I can get some good 700,000/800,000 combos off with two Hyper Combos out of the team. I have Sentinel on Rocket Punch because nobody else hits OTG on assists for Spider-Man to use his Maximum Spider.

Using 3 Hyper Combos without X-Factor I can get over 1,000,000 damage. Depending on the order of who combos, 900,000+. I'm sure I can get even more damage if I master them and extend my combos.

They're all great on-point characters and Sentinel is still clutch on the LVL 3 X-Factor if I need it.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Evil Rashsaan?

What's that?

[EDIT]

I just looked him up. Evil Rahsaan rockin' the same team ftw. Just my assists are different. lol

I may change Spidey's assist to Web Swing for Zero though.

Top Bottom