• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Spencer is the clutchiest of clutch.
Spencer is like playing a heavier Ganondorf to me.

Not that it's a bad thing; I like Ganondorf (melee main). Spencer is just gonna take some getting used to.

I was gonna put him on my Cap/Dorm team.... I suppose if you combine the 3 of them, you'd have Captain Falcon, in some weird sort of way.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Interesting results from Final Round for the Sentinel-haters and also the non-Sentinel haters. Putting quick analysis in spoilers just in case.

10 Sentinels in the top 16. However, only one Sentinel in the top 4 (Marn, 3rd place) and only two in the top 6. And, of course, neither of the top 2 used Sent.

Only three Phoenixes in the top 16, and only one in the top 8. Also that one (Mike Infinite) didn't use her for two of his three losses during the set he lost.

I have a new team, sort of. Dante's been replayed.

Zero (Hadangeki?), Sentinel (Rocket Punch), Spider-Man (Web Ball)

I can get some good 700,000/800,000 combos off with two Hyper Combos out of the team. I have Sentinel on Rocket Punch because nobody else hits OTG on assists for Spider-Man to use his Maximum Spider.

Using 3 Hyper Combos without X-Factor I can get over 1,000,000 damage. Depending on the order of who combos, 900,000+. I'm sure I can get even more damage if I master them and extend my combos.

They're all great on-point characters and Sentinel is still clutch on the LVL 3 X-Factor if I need it.

This is actually pretty close to the team I'm playing now, so I'll offer my two cents.

I really hope you're starting Spider-man, because his assists are pretty garbage. Also Zero and Sent need meter in order to be scary and SM can help with that quite a bit.

You really need to have Sent's drone assist. Instead of adding 100K damage or so on Spider-man's combos at the cost of a super bar you get arguably the best assist for rushdown characters. It's incredibly easy to follow the drones in which means you get to set up your mixups safely. It's especially wicked for Zero because the drones combo on hit and they don't keep your opponent in constant blockstun on block. This means you can cross over with Zero's teleport (or just swing over them with Spidey) and it can be really hard to block the cross-up correctly.

Also I don't think Sentinel is great on-point.

Let me know what you think.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Getting bored of my team because every single match plays the same. Thinking of switching it up for the heck of it.

Maybe I'll play someone fat, like Dorm. :3c

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Sooooooooo basically you're saying you're playing team Evil Rashsaan. lol
I don't think Rahsaan uses Rocket Punch assist.

You really need to have Sent's drone assist. Instead of adding 100K damage or so on Spider-man's combos at the cost of a super bar you get arguably the best assist for rushdown characters. It's incredibly easy to follow the drones in which means you get to set up your mixups safely. It's especially wicked for Zero because the drones combo on hit and they don't keep your opponent in constant blockstun on block. This means you can cross over with Zero's teleport (or just swing over them with Spidey) and it can be really hard to block the cross-up correctly.
I think he was trying to get easy OTGs. I don't know why though since Zero can already OTG without meter.

Also I don't think Sentinel is great on-point.
I agree with this. Starting Sentinel first lets your opponent use all his tools to counter him. Sentinel is better cleaning up after the opponent has lost a character or two imo. He can still situationally be good on point though.

M@v

Subarashii!
I have a new team, sort of. Dante's been replayed.

Zero (Hadangeki?), Sentinel (Rocket Punch), Spider-Man (Web Ball)

I can get some good 700,000/800,000 combos off with two Hyper Combos out of the team. I have Sentinel on Rocket Punch because nobody else hits OTG on assists for Spider-Man to use his Maximum Spider.

Using 3 Hyper Combos without X-Factor I can get over 1,000,000 damage. Depending on the order of who combos, 900,000+. I'm sure I can get even more damage if I master them and extend my combos.

They're all great on-point characters and Sentinel is still clutch on the LVL 3 X-Factor if I need it.
I use Zero on point, spidey, deadpool.

The thing I love about spidey is that it is laughably easy to DHC into his maximum spider. After zero's hyper, you can wait until the whole move finishes before calling in spiderman.

With my team if you got 3 bars, you can get~900,000 combo by starting with deadpool, dhcing into zero, then dhcing into spidey.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It probably won't affect anyone outside of Japan since this is due to the earthquake and tsunami. We'll probably find out later today if it'll effect us outside of Japan.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
So far, my team is Wolverine-B/Akuma-B/Sentinel-A. I know it's really standard, but it's taken me really far than an original team would with my limited skill and knowledge of the game (Lookin at you, Sentinel). On Ranked, I'm currently 7-1, and that's only because my Wolverine and Sentinel died way too early. Akuma's assist is amazing, but I kinda suck with him besides that. Any help? I don't wanna rely on Sentinel forever, it's kinda lame.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Thanks for the input, Scamp. Like I said before, I only have Sentinel on Rocket Punch because I need an OTG assist, but to better help Zero & Spider-Man with their rushdown, Sentinel Force is probably a better idea in the long run. Besides, I can always just learn how to Dragon Punch better so I can do it consistently and then go into Maximum Spider in the air if I need to finish with a hyper combo for him. I can do without the extra damage off the OTG for Spidey.

And I'll most often keep Sentinel as the last character thanks to X-Factor shenanigans.

Zero (Hadangeki/Ryuenjin), Sentinel (Sentinel Force Charge), Spider-Man (Web Swing)?

Until all the DLC is revealed (and I get my hands on Venom or X), that's the team I'll stick with. Spidey teaches me dragon punching in rapid succession.

M@v

Subarashii!
Just stick with hadangeki for zero imo. Sougenmu lasts infinitely while zero is not in the game, and double hadangekis are good for pretty much anything, from camping to combo setups.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Got it. Thanks. Now it's time to practice and wait for DLC. XD

Wonder if we'll get the MMZ version of Zero as DLC (alt costume-wise). That'd be pretty cool.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Wonder if we'll get the MMZ version of Zero as DLC (alt costume-wise). That'd be pretty cool.
Hopefully they do something like that. I'd buy it.
And Kuraudo, I might try out your old team since I haven't used Zero for so long and my old Zero/Hsien-Ko/Sent team isn't cutting it lol.

Zero to Dante DHCs are pretty bad though, but there are some ideas I have going in my head.
If they don't work, then it's back to square one. lol

Atlus8

Smash Master
Is there anyone here that is still playing with the characters they first started?! Or did many of you decided to meat ride whatever you saw on a livestream?!

I still have my Mag and Felicia on the team, but decided to drop Hsien-Ko!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Hopefully they do something like that. I'd buy it.
And Kuraudo, I might try out your old team since I haven't used Zero for so long and my old Zero/Hsien-Ko/Sent team isn't cutting it lol.

Zero to Dante DHCs are pretty bad though, but there are some ideas I have going in my head.
If they don't work, then it's back to square one. lol
Maybe if you change up Dante's assist to that shooting one (forget the name)? Otherwise yeah I've noticed that those DHCs are pretty shoddy. The only good thing to come out of DHC'ing into one another was Zero's Rekkouha into Dante's Devil Trigger, and straight back into Zero's Sougenmu, if you wanted to build up your assists for buffing.

Dante just sucks on my old team. XD No flow with anybody unless he's the one starting a hyper combo. Then you can just DHC into Zero (Rekkouha) and/or Sentinel (Plasma Storm).

[EDIT]

Oh, and I'm still using Zero, Atlus. Sentinel is on my team for the X-Factor and assist. If one of the new DLC characters that gets released is to my liking (say, for example, Venom lol) then I'll replace Sent and see how the new team works.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Who says you can't have comebacks without X-Factor in this game?

I'm sorry to hear that. I won't get to play as them until mid-April anyway, but still.

Just stick with hadangeki for zero imo. Sougenmu lasts infinitely while zero is not in the game, and double hadangekis are good for pretty much anything, from camping to combo setups.
Actually, double Ryuenjin is good defensively too since it can break super armor and trade better than a lot of other DPs.

Experiment with both and figure out what you like better.

Is there anyone here that is still playing with the characters they first started?!
I still play Sentinel.

And I always will.

Maybe if you change up Dante's assist to that shooting one (forget the name)?
Assists don't matter for DHCs.

Otherwise yeah I've noticed that those DHCs are pretty shoddy. The only good thing to come out of DHC'ing into one another was Zero's Rekkouha into Dante's Devil Trigger, and straight back into Zero's Sougenmu, if you wanted to build up your assists for buffing.
That's not how DHCs work. When you DHC into someone, you can't DHC back to your original character until your combo is finished or you X-Factor. So for example, with Storm and Sentinel you could go Elemental Rage DHC into HSF, but you couldn't DHC the HSF back to Ice Storm.

And anyway, why not just DHC into Genmu Zero? Aside from the obvious meter restrictions.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Had Combofiend won without using the X-Factor, the match would have been much more amazing!
Watch the match again, his X-Factor ran out before he was able to do a lot of damage to Marn's Sentinel.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Sorry Gates, shoulda been more specific.

I know you can't DHC into your original character. I mean after Dante's Devil Trigger comes out, you just swap with Zero and quickly use Sougenmu or something? Idk where I was going with that to be honest.

I tried my team of Spidey, Zero, and Sentinel online today.

It worked out a LOT better then my Dante one ever did. I can also do a combo for Zero that requires no assists, 1 Hyper meter, and does a good 650,000 damage. If I put Web Swing in as the assist, I'd be getting even more damage off.

Savon

Smash Ace
I need a bit of help with my team. my current team is She-Hulk with the clothesline assist, Dormmamu with the Dark Hole assist, and Wesker with the ghost butterfly assist. I am kinda iffy about wesker on my team as a whole, but I love Dorm and She-Hulk. I am just having trouble using assists to my advantage. Do you guys have any suggestions on what I should do with my team? I also mess around with Arthur a little bit.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Rocket punch is still a good assist.

To the vid: I said on the comments as well, but I don't know why Marn didn't just use Plasma Storm at the end instead of HSF, would have killed.
Well you know Marn's fat *** always has to go for the flashy kill and teabag people when he wins. He went for it, he felt dat bionic falcon pawnch, aaaannnnndddd he lost.

He killed a fully healthy Zero with lvl 3! Had he killed Zero without the XF then it would have been amazing!
Not really. Zero has the stamina of a 7 year old schoolgirl.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I need a bit of help with my team. my current team is She-Hulk with the clothesline assist, Dormmamu with the Dark Hole assist, and Wesker with the ghost butterfly assist. I am kinda iffy about wesker on my team as a whole, but I love Dorm and She-Hulk. I am just having trouble using assists to my advantage. Do you guys have any suggestions on what I should do with my team? I also mess around with Arthur a little bit.
Use Torpedo for She-Hulk's assist.

Top Bottom