• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
He's a badass character. And his fighting style in the Melty Blood games is just brutal.

I main Arcueid myself.

--

Also... looking at the Shuma-Gorath trailer, I notice he shape-shifts for his attacks.

....... what was that about it being difficult to impliment for Venom because of his changing models? BULL. ****ING. ****. CAPCOM.

We're getting Venom as DLC sooner or later. LOL

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Didn't Ono say that trolling was part of his job description?

Also, I'm reading the results page for Final Round XIV - Did Tokido enter the tourney under the name Happy Set?

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Also, I'm reading the results page for Final Round XIV - Did Tokido enter the tourney under the name Happy Set?
Yep that's him all right. Pool 4 in MvC3, I'm really curious as to what team he's going to use.

Also top 8 in ST, HDR, and Blazblue, as well as winning SSF4 teams. Only 17th in AH3, though. I wonder what happened?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Great work. Hers was a pain for me but I passed it too. She is the only one I have a completion of all the missions on with everyone else needing 2 or 1 missions to be complete on them.
My second-highest completion is five. The rest are in the one to three range. I should really get on that. I'd ask if anyone wanted to play, but I can't get on for another hour.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Yeah, I like how Type-Moon has their main heroines cool and modest rather than all fan-servicey for each story.
It's one of the reasons I really like Arcueid in Tsukihime. Plus she's just plain awesome.

I wish Melty got more recognition/respect in the states. Regardless of being a region locked game and last gen, it's still a fun and good game.

Regardless of it being a fun and good game, it's still a region-locked game and last gen.

Pretty hard to build a community on something when you have to pirate the game and hack your console.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I played Melty Blood at an Arcade in Austin last year and liked it, felt like a professional button masher...there was combos...i saw them

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Regardless of it being a fun and good game, it's still a region-locked game and last gen.

Pretty hard to build a community on something when you have to pirate the game and hack your console.
Pretty much, it's my favorite game that I don't play. Here's hoping Under Night or Melty HD well the next Melty anyways get a PS3 release, it's just too much of a hassle as it is now.

I haven't put any effort in to this game since day one, it's still fun but the basic combos doing half health has been good enough for me. :/

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Same.

My Phoenix is better than anyone on my team, possibly including Dark Phoenix.

Though to be fair, I haven't really been taking this game seriously. So, I'm not too fussed.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Anyone think She-Hulk/Taskmaster/Tron is worth anything?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
That sounds like a great team to me. :3c

With She-Hulk on point, you can use both assists for cover and for her to get in. Plus, that team has a ton of life, if I remember correctly.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ok, I'll look into what Taskmaster's capable of. Which assist should I use? I'm thinking of using his parabolic shot.

I'm thinking I might try Jill/Wesker/Tron next as well.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ 3 Days until DLC right? Got my code ready... though I'm not excited for either really. I kinda want to try Shuma, though.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yep that's him all right. Pool 4 in MvC3, I'm really curious as to what team he's going to use.
Apparently he's using Wolverine/Akuma/Sentinel.

Only 17th in AH3, though. I wonder what happened?
Maybe he doesn't play the game?

Maybe it's because there's no real tier list so he can't decide who to tier *****. There's nothing wrong with tier whoring (in fact once 3S comes out I'm going to tier ***** a lot), but Tokido does it a lot. I've only ever seen him play high tier characters whenever he plays games that he's not familiar with. In BBCS I've seen him use Bang and Litchi almost exclusively, in recent 3S tournaments he's been using Chun, and it's very unlikely that he'll ever give up Sentinel in MvC3.

Anyone think She-Hulk/Taskmaster/Tron is worth anything?
ComboFiend has been blowing people up with the She-Hulk/Taskmaster combo. He uses Spencer as his third, but I'm confident that Tron would also work well, though you may suffer a loss in damage. I think gaining an assist as good as Tron's outweighs what you lose though.

Ok, I'll look into what Taskmaster's capable of. Which assist should I use? I'm thinking of using his parabolic shot.
I think the straight shot would work fine and it's what I see most often, but parabolic shot might work too.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I use Tron because, aside from her being fun, her Gustaff Fire is an excellent defensive assist.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I use Tron because, aside from her being fun, her Gustaff Fire is an excellent defensive assist.
If you also have a decent assist, Tron will do a ton of damage on point.
I can get over 900k with a Dante assist.

But yeah, it might be best to save her as just an assist though (which I should be doing more often).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
How are you doing that? I can get 618k with She-Hulk for an assist.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I really wanted to see Mike Ross pull off a Gamma Quake xx Gamma Tsunami against Tokido today.

I'm a horrible person and I'm going straight to hell.

Top Bottom