• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

L__

Smash Master

Gates

Banned via Warnings
He DHC'd too late and for ****'s sake learn to link to specific times in youtube videos.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Does anyone have links to simple spiderman combos? Mainly ones that tech how to link maximum spider in the air? I got my other team member's combos down but I'm having trouble with spidey.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CR73keuQvk

Thats pretty much the basic structure of Spidey's BnB combo if you are looking for an easy damaging way to get into maximum without the use of assists. The order of the grounded web swing/spidersting is interchangeable. As far as comboing into maximum generally if you can combo hard web swing in the air and immediately cancel into maximum it will combo every time.

L__

Smash Master
can you explain to me why dhc'ing too late would matter if it otgs? i'm unfamiliar with mvc3 mechanics

Minato

穏やかじゃない
can you explain to me why dhc'ing too late would matter if it otgs? i'm unfamiliar with mvc3 mechanics
Dante's hyper doesn't put them into a state where you can hit them with an OTG-able move.
When the opponent is able to roll as soon as they hit the ground, you can't use a move to hit them.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Storm didn't even hit the ground, he DHC'd so late that she automatically fell out of it like she would if someone messed up an air combo.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Man, I suck at this game but I've been reading the guide and talking on here, and I used the team of Spidey/Dante(Jam session)/Deadpool(quick work) and I owned my friend (who tries, but won't even read the book for like 10 secs)

All I did was use Deadpools Assist and use Aerials with Spidey. >_>; Pokemon has me way distracted, but I feel like I'm slowly getting somewhere.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Storm didn't even hit the ground, he DHC'd so late that she automatically fell out of it like she would if someone messed up an air combo.
Storm did hit the ground. That's why you see her roll when she hits the ground instead of tech in the air.
Plus Dante's last hit puts them into free fall.

EDIT: I just tested it out. Weird. Mag's level 3 won't hit no matter how early you DHC off of Dante's hyper hitting the character and assist.

_Dice

Smash Ace
The difference between gravity squeeze and Dark dimension is one hits half the screen, destroys all projectiles and is fully invulnerable the entire startup and starts much faster

the other hits full screen can be interrupted and takes longer to start up.

also dark dimension can be combo'd after with a purification (and then more)

the faster startup, full invulnerbility and post move combo ability makes me pick Dark dimension over gravity squeeze.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
LOL Gravity squeeze is a level 3 too dude. What does that mean? It also goes through, like, everything. It also has instant start up, I don't know where you're getting this delay from. And you can literally combo into GS from anything (including the rom loop). idk, you don't seem to know what you're talking about no offense. I kinda play Magneto.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Once, again, I wonder why I search for ranked matches only to find a team with either a Zero, Dante, Wesker, Deadpool, Phoenix, or Sentinel in it at least AND be subject to lag. For the times I try to grab, I get hit because of it.

And I'm still wondering what to do for a Jill team.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
LOL Gravity squeeze is a level 3 too dude. What does that mean? It also goes through, like, everything. It also has instant start up, I don't know where you're getting this delay from. And you can literally combo into GS from anything (including the rom loop). idk, you don't seem to know what you're talking about no offense. I kinda play Magneto.
Maybe he meant combo after the level 3 hits (which Mags can do also so he's wrong there).
There is a slight delay too before Gravity Squeeze connects. It's pretty fast, but he can be hit out of it after the super flash.

I find Gravity Squeeze much better though since it has a faster start up if you're somewhat far away from the opponent.
Dark Dimension (possibly) having faster start up right at point blank isn't that huge of a plus.
Most likely the Dorm player is guessing if he did it point blank.

I also like that Gravity Squeeze OTGs and hits anywhere on the screen which Dark Dimension can not.

Never mind, Dark Dimension can OTG, I just did it wrong.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
GS > DD. In terms of speed. I like how Dorm can launch, combo, knockdown, input chaotic flame by accident. X Factor then Dark dimension, and it still hits.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I think Doom is stlll good, people just aren't willing to advance his game beyond using him for assist unless the person's name is Clockwork or Buktooth.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I think Doom in this game is great both as an assist and while doing combos, but his relative lack of speed limits him a bit.

You know, kind of like Doom in MvC2.

Also, I think this is worth mentioning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgWBu83Coks

I may be adding Doom to my team. Not because he's a good zoner or a good assist or anything like that, but he has a costume that matches the rest of my team.

_Dice

Smash Ace
I never tried to do Dorms up close. Didn't know it was faster.
it's faster until you are about 4 dormammu's away. and dorm has alot better combo options out of Dark dimension than magneto does out of grav squeeze. dorm has purification into jump black hole into forward heavy into launcher. into anything in the air (including building about a bar allowing you to THC from his fire into inferno/gamma crush. I dunno it works for my team alot better than magneto did

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
it's faster until you are about 4 dormammu's away. and dorm has alot better combo options out of Dark dimension than magneto does out of grav squeeze. dorm has purification into jump black hole into forward heavy into launcher. into anything in the air (including building about a bar allowing you to THC from his fire into inferno/gamma crush. I dunno it works for my team alot better than magneto did
The difference really is meter building that leads up to the level 3 in the first place. It's also a lot more practical with Dormammu in general to use Chaotic Flame since it's one of the fastest supers in the game and is super easy to hit confirm into.

A local player here figured out some Magneto air dash exploit stuff. Sent it to Keits and all that good stuff too. Here's to hoping he gets credit or something lol.

_Dice

Smash Ace
The difference really is meter building that leads up to the level 3 in the first place. It's also a lot more practical with Dormammu in general to use Chaotic Flame since it's one of the fastest supers in the game and is super easy to hit confirm into.

A local player here figured out some Magneto air dash exploit stuff. Sent it to Keits and all that good stuff too. Here's to hoping he gets credit or something lol.
dormammu is assist/meter user/combo ender for me and he fills that role 10x better than magneto on my team. hulk and skrull get a ton of meter built for me, using hulks super armor and skrulls grab into tenderizer when i need meter ect.

also the times i use dark dimension are typically a THC off of the whole team (total of 5 bars) usually combo into launcher from skrull, into combo into air M tenderizer into inferno THC to gamma crush to chase THC into dark dimension and then dormammu combos to kill anything that lives (anything with more than 1-1.1 million)

usually i just use gamma tsunami, inferno and chaotic flame.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
dormammu is assist/meter user/combo ender for me and he fills that role 10x better than magneto on my team. hulk and skrull get a ton of meter built for me, using hulks super armor and skrulls grab into tenderizer when i need meter ect.

also the times i use dark dimension are typically a THC off of the whole team (total of 5 bars) usually combo into launcher from skrull, into combo into air M tenderizer into inferno THC to gamma crush to chase THC into dark dimension and then dormammu combos to kill anything that lives (anything with more than 1-1.1 million)

usually i just use gamma tsunami, inferno and chaotic flame.
your team is slow and gets butt****ed by ammy.

no lie.

also, why do any of that when basic combo with hulk -> OTG assist -> gamma crush does like 750k anyways? save your other 4 bars LMAO

_Dice

Smash Ace
your team is slow and gets butt****ed by ammy.

no lie.
not all that bad. and yeah my team is slow as hell, but i make it work.

ammy gets butt****ed by one hit confirm from my team though. so if you can perfect me with ammy i deserve the loss.

Because skrull is a better matchup vs any zoning character or character with TP. so sometimes i need to have him on point to avoid hulk just sitting there trying to gamma wave.

and hulk combo deals about 650k. without other characters jumping in, but to kill any of the weak characters (800k or pheonix) i can just hulk combo into inferno or chaotic flame for 810kish

but mostly because when you have 5 bars and can 100% combo sentinel from a single hit confirm you take that chance every time.

Top Bottom