• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

kr3wman

Smash Master
Anyone have tips on how to use Deadpool? I try to mix it up and wind up accidentally triggering moves almost every time I use him.
Deadpool is an all around character, so play him however you like. Keepaway with guns is pretty good, and his BnBs are pretty easy to do. Learn how to use his moves in the most annoying way possible and you'll have a great deadpool lulz.

SO... I'm looking for some tournaments vids of MvC3 and is there something like smashboards but then MvC3? Thx
shoryuken

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Anyone have tips on how to use Deadpool? I try to mix it up and wind up accidentally triggering moves almost every time I use him.
Refrain from double tapping unintentionally. That's kind of a bad habit for me online lol.
Zone with him was doing QCF L. If they super jump, do QCF H. If they jump towards you, jump back and do QCF M in the air.
Pineapple Surprise is good too.

As for when you're up and close, just hit confirm into BnB like any other character.
Once you have Level 3 (and possibly 2?) X Factor, go for the infinite.

Okay... even I'm starting to think Sentinel is dumb.

Did you know that Sent is one of the very few characters in this game that is able to punish Storm's Hailstorm on reaction? Thanks to Hard Drive's insane invincibility, Sent can do just that. Hard Drive also stuffs Ammy's Okami Shuffle, another relatively safe super.

Seriously, what more does this character need? And people keep saying that Sent is so free and gets hard-countered left and right.
Yeah, Sent is really dumb. One regular throw or launcher from him can equal a dead character.
Super Armor and Hyper Armor help him out way too much. There's also that new video that shows someone being pressured by an assist which can be solved by using a Crossover Counter to Sentinel with an immediate Hard Drive.

And HSF can pretty much kill any assist on reaction. Even if he gets hit out of it, HSF still comes out and he can still do another HSF right after.

Sent is way too good and I don't like using him now. Not because he's really good, he's just too boring and easy to use.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace

Sent is way too good and I don't like using him now. Not because he's really good, he's just too boring and easy to use.

definitely this
I realize that I haven't put too much time into MvC3 as far as getting a really good team to play all the time and such, but I know for a fact that if I wanted to win a lot I'd have to include sentinel
I tried playing him a few times and it was REALLY boring. normally if I get a launch thats death without doing anything fancier than an OTG.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Sentinel, Amaterasu and Skrull seem like a really really good team.

I've played maybe 40 matches so far and can say that Sentinel and Amaterasu seem amongst the best.

X-23 seems to kinda shred Sentinel though, you gotta time your moves well.

Or just spam lasers and low kick/launcher :p

cutter

Smash Champion
Refrain from double tapping unintentionally. That's kind of a bad habit for me online lol.
Zone with him was doing QCF L. If they super jump, do QCF H. If they jump towards you, jump back and do QCF M in the air.
Pineapple Surprise is good too.

As for when you're up and close, just hit confirm into BnB like any other character.
Once you have Level 3 (and possibly 2?) X Factor, go for the infinite.

Yeah, Sent is really dumb. One regular throw or launcher from him can equal a dead character.
Super Armor and Hyper Armor help him out way too much. There's also that new video that shows someone being pressured by an assist which can be solved by using a Crossover Counter to Sentinel with an immediate Hard Drive.

And HSF can pretty much kill any assist on reaction. Even if he gets hit out of it, HSF still comes out and he can still do another HSF right after.

My main beef with Sent isn't the fact that he's boring or too easy to win with, but the fact that he has so much bull**** going for him in this game, like Hard Driving through Hailstorm, Okami Shuffle, or basically ANY super.

Aside from Hard Drive nonsense, Sent can also punish supers by just armoring through them if they only deal one hit. I can't remember what video it was specifically, but it showed Sent launching Spencer right out of his Bionic Arm super. The funny part was that one of the commentators said he believed Spencer does very well against Sent... and then the above happened right after he said that. They were both in total disbelief at what they saw, and I was too. Makes me wonder if Sent could armor through Zero's level 3.

Speaking of HSF, watch this video. That right there shows how completely ******** HSF is in this game now.

And let's not forget being able to kara cancel arguably the most devastating command throw in the game, among other things. There is just way too much stuff Sent has that makes no ****ing sense, almost all of which highly benefits him. Sent is the last character I would have expected to have a double jump.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Don't forget Sent has a Hard Drive loop in the corner which I'm pretty sure people are gonna start abusing when they learn how to set it up.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Oh, you mean this loop?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viTwxl5yfT4
Starts off pretty easy off a c.M. It's just c.M S sj.M (j.M) j.H j.S TK L Rocket Punch xx Hard Drive (TK Hard Drive)*N Plasma Cone. Even I can do that and my execution is ****. Pretty sure you can omit the second j.M for more damage, and it doesn't hit on every character anyway in my experience.

Pikaville

My friend who owns the game thought his Dante, Ryu and Akuma team were a force to be reckoned with.

Until Sentinel came along. xD

Pikaville

Dr Dooms photon aerial attack is so fast.

His laser gun ain't what it used to be though.

He may be dropped entirely soon.

A sentence I thought I would never say.

L__

Smash Master
I can't remember what video it was specifically, but it showed Sent launching Spencer right out of his Bionic Arm super. The funny part was that one of the commentators said he believed Spencer does very well against Sent... and then the above happened right after he said that. They were both in total disbelief at what they saw, and I was too. Makes me wonder if Sent could armor through Zero's level 3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Yapt1k3sA

I don't remember where it was in this video though

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Aside from Hard Drive nonsense, Sent can also punish supers by just armoring through them if they only deal one hit. I can't remember what video it was specifically, but it showed Sent launching Spencer right out of his Bionic Arm super. The funny part was that one of the commentators said he believed Spencer does very well against Sent... and then the above happened right after he said that. They were both in total disbelief at what they saw, and I was too. Makes me wonder if Sent could armor through Zero's level 3.
Well, let's figure this one out.

Spencer's Bionic Lancer (according to the guide) has 7 frames of startup and is active for 10 frames, then recovers for 50 frames.

More accurately, it has 4 frames of startup and takes 3 frames to activate. The guide says that frames 1-11 are invulnerable. I think that's after startup but I'm not sure. Does someone know if Spencer can be hit out of his super before activation?

Sentinel's launcher has 16 frames of startup, 8 active frames, and 26 recovery. The guide says that it has hyper armor from frames 12-21, and it nullifies medium priority projectiles during active frames.

Essentially what this means is that the launcher would have to get hit by Spencer during those 10 invulnerability frames. Spencer himself is also invulnerable for 11 frames, so it'd basically have to hit during frames 12-14, since anything after that and Spencer will be invulnerable through Sent's active frames. (8 frames of invul for Spence after the three frames of startup.)

So while it is possible to punish the Bionic Arm with the launcher, the window seems exceptionally small to do so and it cannot be done on reaction at all.

As for Zero, I'd have to doubt it since the guide mentions the launcher nullifies medium projectiles and Zero's level 3 is high priority.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Shuma Gorath and Jill trailers are out on the official website.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/mvsc3/system.html

*Watches the Jill trailer*

I came.

Watching that and reading up in the guide, I'd say she's more Fuerte than She-Hulk, but She-Hulk's a fun character so it doesn't bother me. I'm gonna have to make another team for Jill on point.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Awesome! You'll be the first Canadian I've ever play against or seen IRL. What an honor, I say.
We are a rare breed, I guess? LOL

I'm nothing all that special though. Just your run of the mill lower PR Sonic player. :p

.... I'll say "aboot" and "eh?" for you just to make it feel all the more Canadian though. Just for you. lol

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
*Watches the Jill trailer*

I came.

Watching that and reading up in the guide, I'd say she's more Fuerte than She-Hulk, but She-Hulk's a fun character so it doesn't bother me. I'm gonna have to make another team for Jill on point.
I think I found a character to go with my eventual Captain America team.

So my main:

Task/Deadpool/Dante

and sub:

Cap/Dorm/Jill

Any tips on Cap and Dorm? I'm still learning the characters.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Right now, I'm just wanting Tron on my team again for her gdlk Gustaff Fire assist and because she's a battery character. Watching that Jill trailer, it's clear that Jill is meant to be a meter spender.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Ammy/Magneto/Setinel is my team.

I have an ok idea of what to do with Ammy, but not Magneto.

What's his best assist? What are common strategies?

Same with Setinel, I know what he's about but don't know how to play him.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
You may wanna give shoryuken.com a looksie there, Snack.

That'll definitely help you find out some Mag/Sent strategies.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Same with Setinel, I know what he's about but don't know how to play him.
From a distance: H, c.H, Rocket Punch M xx Hyper Sentinel Force. If H or c.H doesn't hit, use Sentinel Force L or M instead. Omit HSF if you have no meter or want to save meter.
Up close: c.M, S, sj.M, j.H, j.S, Rocket Punch L xx Hyper Sentinel Force. Link Plasma Cone after HSF if in the corner or just use Plasma Cone instead if you have no meter. If c.M gets blocked or they jump over it, cancel into flight.

Sentinel's Sentinel Force assist is usually his best. You shouldn't need the Rocket Punch assist with your team in order to be able to OTG.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I am seriously beginning to hate Taskmaster. Any tips?

EDIT: I just experienced some of that Hyper Sentinel Force stupidity myself. Thankfully, Phoenix Rage moves faster and I got the K.O.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I am seriously beginning to hate Taskmaster. Any tips?

EDIT: I just experienced some of that Hyper Sentinel Force stupidity myself. Thankfully, Phoenix Rage moves faster and I got the K.O.
Push Block if no assist, Teleport if have phoenix out. Use Heavy TK shot. Uh what I do with Zero is I Block then Grab. With Thor I can Mighty Smash it then Mighty Hurricane reset.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
It's been discovered that using a snapback during Zero's duplication hyper while your opponent has an assist on-screen will cause your opponent's team to freeze, unable to switch anyone in. The showcase video is here.

Top Bottom