• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Atlus8

Smash Master
GGs Atlus. That team's really scary. And that Mags BnB with Felicia was really nice.
It was fun not using X Factor against you. I never realized how much I've been abusing it in real matches until refraining from using it.
Those were some neat games! Hopefully we can play some lag-less games sometime! And I'm glad we went no X-Factor! Made the whole thing much more enjoyable!

Edit: LOL! My goodness! So, my main concern with playing Felicia is Tiger Kneeing her down towards M! I can tiger knee no problem, but keep in mind that I play on pad! I can do it around 4 out 5 times WHEN FACING RIGHT! This becomes a problem when I'm facing towards the left! I can't angle my thumb to make it curve upwards left as well as I can do it going upwards towards the right! My remedy: the analog stick! This has made things so much easier I might not end up getting a stick after all!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
It's a weird trade-off imo.

PS3 has the worse analog for fighters, while 360 has the better one. PS3 has the better DPad, and vice versa.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
@SmoothCriminal, you misunderstand my post, though I can see why. I'm not saying Venom is lovey dovey or a good person/thing at all, I'm just saying he has more character than Carnage. Carnage comes off a lot as evil without a purpose (I realize he has plans, I'm just saying how he acts. He does it for fun) Venom does tend to have some motives, and isn't as wild as Carnage, either.

Also, where I got the emotion thing from... early on when Spiderman is wearing Venom, he nearly dies, and he got Venom off him before passing out. Instead of living him there to rot, Venom helped him get somewhere safe, and left. Now I know it's ultimately because the bond him and Spiderman shared was perfect, but still...(he left Spidey where he dropped him off, and didn't try to re-sync?)

I'm just saying, to me, and probably only to me and a few, Venom had more detail and ideals. Carnage was just a symboite+a really bad villian mixed together that did everything evil they could. Venom(under both Eddie and Scorpio) just came off better to me.

All this to say it's all opinionated in the end, lol.

Edit: PTZR is right, except Venom is really not an anti-hero, just less of a villian.

Also... I realize now where all this stems from. Saying Carnage is emotionless was really wrong. I just meant he had no ideals. He was just pure evil.

Muh Bad.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Eddie Brock = Anti-Hero
Mac Gargan = Villain
Flash Thompson = idk yet lets see lol

Oh, that other guy who was Venom for a little bit until he was abandoned mid-jump for being a *****? who cares about him. LOLZ

Capcom's smart though. If they're gonna pick Venom, they know that the original Eddie Brock one is the true way to go. Just like they used the original Captain America, and how the younger DMC3!Dante is more popular and recognized so they used him. When people think Venom, most think Eddie Brock.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Eddie Brock is the real Venom. Scorpio was okay, and I think Flash being Venom is interesting..

that symbiote is a *****

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
So many ragequits today.

I love it. And I wasn't even using my regular team. Decided to bust out Zero, Morrigan & Deadpool. If only because I just love laughing my *** off at anything Deadpool says as he fights.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Eddie Brock is the only Venom.

**** Gargan, **** Carnage, **** Fortunato, **** She-Venom, and especially **** Flash Thompson and Anti-Venom, wtf is Marvel even thinking?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Edit: GGs to you too, Serris! First good Phoenix player I've fought.
Didn't stop you from steamrolling me five times in a row. I appreciate the compliment.

EDIT: Well, it would appear that we're not getting spectator mode, which is absolute bull****, because the Lost Planet series runs on the same engine and allows spectator features with 32 players. The only data that would need to be streamed would be characters, costumes, and assists at the beginning, then inputs throughout the match. This is not difficult.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
So I went to gamestop to get my Pokemon Black. Played mvc3 on ps3 controller. ***** everyone in the store. I went 35-0. Fought a Phoenix team. Went X-23. Snap back. X factor Level 3. GG Then I left. **** felt good man.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
So I went to gamestop to get my Pokemon Black. Played mvc3 on ps3 controller. ***** everyone in the store. I went 35-0. Fought a Phoenix team. Went X-23. Snap back. X factor Level 3. GG Then I left. **** felt good man.
This is why we need more arcades...At least where I live anyways.

There's nothing like that feeling.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Didn't stop you from steamrolling me five times in a row. I appreciate the compliment.

EDIT: Well, it would appear that we're not getting spectator mode, which is absolute bull****, because the Lost Planet series runs on the same engine and allows spectator features with 32 players. The only data that would need to be streamed would be characters, costumes, and assists at the beginning, then inputs throughout the match. This is not difficult.
Capcom just obviously doesn't give a **** about the online aspects. Don't worry though they are focusing on more important things such as alternate costumes and more DLC characters. Why fix something if there's no profit to be gained?

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
I'm starting to get the hang of Viper and Deadpool, but I don't know which to include with my amazing Spiderman and Taskmaster. Felicia's not cutting it w/ them.
I'm assuming you got spidey on point. What kind of char are you looking for? Some one to help compliment spidey's rush down more or help taskmasters zoning?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I just ended someone's four-game winning streak, then proceeded to win twice more against a different opponent. I never realized how useful Phoenix's flight could be until today.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I honestly feel somewhat bad ruining players I run into that are trying to get the Trophy for the 5 win streak and they only need one more to get it and I end up ruining that for me. Bad timing I take it? I dunno. I lost a 36 winning streak 3 days ago. I just enjoy killing time when I play online.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't get why people do that. I had a 16 win streak without trying at all. Online is *** at this game.
True. I think 3 out of every 4 times where I had my streak end was due to really bad lag.
A lot of people play the same way even up until 4th Rank. Random supers (chip or not) instead of comboing into them and other bad habits.

Random supers is like the new wake up shoryu lol.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
It's already out.

1. Dark Phoenix

2. everyone else
Fixed that for you.

Anyway, just went on a four-game winning streak in a lobby. Everyone left. Half of those matches, I didn't even have to go Dark Phoenix, and in the last one, I didn't even get hit with Phoenix. Either I've improved dramatically in a 24-hour time frame or there aren't many good people out today.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
im not that worried bout tiers yet lol. even if dph and sent seem soooo top tier, jwong is still winning tournys with she hulk and wolvie. lol.

ppl gotta whip out the tools!

Top Bottom