• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You mofuggas not listing who you used in TvC wtf
???
Ryu and Chun/Blade. I got tired of Morrigan when I realized she had ****ty supers aside from her level 3.

LOL I'm guessing you don't know where Melty Blood characters even come from.

Like Etwist said, MvC3 feels like TvC but faster (but more stuff). So if TvC's clunky, MvC3 is clunky as well.
MeltyBlood characters aren't original? Are they based off mythology or a Japanese TV show or something? Or is it just a doujin?

MvC3's controls are more clunky than TvC's imo. It took me a while to find a button configuration that works for me.

You should be glad Gates isn't here, he would be blowin you up.
Why would I? The guy's obviously an idiot so I'm just ignoring him.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Their arcade scene is much stronger.
This is true about arcades in general over in Japan.

My wife and I stopped in a couple on our honeymoon. At least 20-30 cabinets/table setups per floor. Everything and anything depending on who owned the building (Sega, Namco, etc.).

It was very cool to see. But I lack the fighting game prowess to even be worthy to sit next to one of those guys. .__. They were crazy.

Also, really good at DDR.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
MeltyBlood characters aren't original? Are they based off mythology or a Japanese TV show or something? Or is it just a doujin?
It was a Manga IIRC.

Why would I? The guy's obviously an idiot so I'm just ignoring him.

Cause you like blowing people up when that spout BS that makes no sense. You do it all of the time lol.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm pretty sure that Melty Blood was originally hentai.
XD In a way, I guess you can say that.

I liked the Tsukihime VN. Melty's fun, not my favorite fighter but it does blend some things from past fighters that I like (Alpha and CvS2).

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Which came first, the doujin fighter or the hentai based on it?
Tsukihime and the surrounding stories were originally eroge; visuals novels much like Fate/Stay Night was (FYI, Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night were both made by Type-Moon)

Of course, there were sex scenes, but the stories were the bigger focal points by far.

The eroge came first, and the Melty Blood fighting series came afterwards.

[EDIT]

ninja'd hardcore by a furry cat girl.

cutter

Smash Champion
Okay, I seriously do not want to see this game getting patched. Patch in stuff like spectator mode, fix the netcode, sure, but leave the gameplay the **** alone. It's not even a month old.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
X factors the only thing that can't be delt with. For the other two, people will find ways around them. X factors just gonna get worse over time when people stop dropping combos with it and learn not to use it randomly.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
No it wasn't. MvC3 is just TvC with faster gameplay TBH.

Roster? That makes a good game now? I guess that's why 3S is a terrible game, huh?

This game feels just like TvC with some MvC2 techs in the middle.

BTW, I'm known for hating TvC, but the fact of the matter is that I'm a marvel head and didn't like the huge changes and it feeling like a doujin fighter. It was preference.
You hate TvC? :( Well maybe you would come around to it if you played it now if you like MvC3 now :p

I know there isn't a point since there is no scene but just sayin.

LOL I'm guessing you don't know where Melty Blood characters even come from.

And while TvC isn't even close to my favorite fighters from Capcom, it wasn't a bad game, imo.
You only played it for one day and that's not enough time to get a good grasp on the game.

Like Etwist said, MvC3 feels like TvC but faster (but more stuff). So if TvC's clunky, MvC3 is clunky as well.
Yeah pretty much. TvC may even be considered somewhat easier to get adjusted to at first. Baroque activates the same way as X-Factor so if you played TvC and could do big Baroque stuff mid-combo you should be able to do X-Factor stuff just fine.

Even though TvC was never alive, and even for as much as some people may not like it(I'm eyeing you Twists :p) you can if nothing else thank it for helping prepare you for MvC3.

LOL Ignorance is bliss. Where is the biggest FG community? Japan. Is SF the biggest game in JP? Hell no. Does MvC even have a scene? No. How about smash? Melee is extremely small and the brawlers don't even play for money. But guess what? MB, BB, and AH are WAYYYYYY bigger than those games in JP.

America don't call the shots dawg. And to be honest, you stating DoA shows that you really don't know what you're saying. DoA is ASSSSSSSSSSS.
XD <3

Of course it did, but it wasn't because it wasn't a good game.
<3333333

Tbh the only reason why tvc died out cause the women where to good in the game. AFK
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I'm actually not feelin this game either which is why I've put zero effort into it and know almost no combos and haven't played any of you online. I'm not giving up on it though.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I think X-Factor is the main, big problem/killer for a lot of people. And by a lot, I mean most. You won't see me on the side of X-factor is good either, I don't particularly like it myself, but it's there so I tolerate it so whatever.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I checked around and a lot of people seem to dislike the X-Factor more than anything else. Mainly because it made certain characters too powerful. Well in a way it does. Like you said Iron Dragon it is in the game so I also just deal with it as well.

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
I just started playing and I think lvl 3 xfactor is broken LOL

I even feel bad when I win using it
Level 3 X-Factor is powerful but there are plenty of situations where a Level 2 or Level 1 X-Factor can have a larger influence on the battle where saving it up wouldn't. Killng off poorly timed Lariats & Tron Bonne flamethrowers and countering blockstrings come to mind.

Think the fact that everything has such absurdly high damage potential hasn't really set in yet.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Level 3 X-Factor is powerful but there are plenty of situations where a Level 2 or Level 1 X-Factor can have a larger influence on the battle where saving it up wouldn't. Killng off poorly timed Lariats & Tron Bonne flamethrowers and countering blockstrings come to mind.

Think the fact that everything has such absurdly high damage potential hasn't really set in yet.
This x 1000

X-Factor can only become more ridiculous as the game progresses.

No assist is safe...

Octave

Smash Ace
Lol Minato I knew that first victory was just a fluke on my part :p

edit: ggs :D those Dante combos were amazing. I think I liked switching Trish with X23 at the end there so I'm gonna explore that a bit.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Against which team? Hsien-Ko, Sentinel, Zero? lol

That's the one team I couldn't beat, but the others I managed okay for online play.
I've actually gotten much better with my Tron/Mags/Dante team now.
I can actually hit confirm with them now and learned good combos unlike last time. lol

Tron does so much damage, I love it. 2 meters and no X Factor can kill of Zero and Ammy lol

Octave

Smash Ace
Nah it was Tron/Mags/Dante. Those Tron combos were ridiculous too. Nobody I've played against has ever picked, let alone looked at her.

And I'm really not that good tbh, and haven't really ever taken out the time to really master the basics of any fighting game and it really shows when I play people from the forums. I just really like playing I guess.

L__

Smash Master
I've played this game a bit and I think it's kind of fun

I'm toying around with Dante/Ironman/Chun and Dante/Ironman/Phoenix

I don't really know much about the game though

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I'm beginning to see the need for someone with an OTG assist. Phoenix combos well, but she has no survivability. Is Amaterasu's Cold Star OTG?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Quick Work doesn't OTG, it only hits low. Katana-rama hits OTG, I believe.
I still think Quick Work is much better.

Top Bottom