• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The belt on Mike Cattar looks off and what happened to Hitty's tail? She-Hitty's is fine so it's not because they're Hulks.

Atlus8

Smash Master
I'm curios, what kind of tv are all of you playing on?! Yesterday, I went out and bought this one at Target for around $350!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...41&cm_re=philips_tv_32-_-89-104-141-_-Product

I wasn't planning on playing games on it, but I tried out my PS3 on it anyway! Lag is very noticeable when playing the av plug-ins! Though it is better when playing on HDMI, there is still some lag! I'm planning on getting an ASUS monitor sometime next month, but I would want to hear from here too!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm curios, what kind of tv are all of you playing on?! Yesterday, I went out and bought this one at Target for around $350!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...41&cm_re=philips_tv_32-_-89-104-141-_-Product

I wasn't planning on playing games on it, but I tried out my PS3 on it anyway! Lag is very noticeable when playing the av plug-ins! Though it is better when playing on HDMI, there is still some lag! I'm planning on getting an ASUS monitor sometime next month, but I would want to hear from here too!
Turn Game Mode on if you haven't done so already. That should help a lot with the HDMI.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I have a 1080p Samsung too, but it's a 40". HDMI and Game Mode gives me no noticable lag.
Playing Melee and Guilty Gear with progressive scan is really good too. I can even hit my FRCs.

Unfortunately Super Turbo and 3rd Strike doesn't have progressive scan so lag is bad on those. :(

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I have a 26" Dynex for TV viewing, but since the lag on that is pretty bad, I got the 22" 1080p ASUS monitor.

Oh, and this game is making me like zoning.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I guess Morrigan and Chris quotes do count as this game being based off a hentai. XD

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I have a 1080p Samsung too, but it's a 40". HDMI and Game Mode gives me no noticable lag.
Playing Melee and Guilty Gear with progressive scan is really good too. I can even hit my FRCs.

Unfortunately Super Turbo and 3rd Strike doesn't have progressive scan so lag is bad on those. :(

What's Progressive Scan?

Because if that means I can actually play Brawl on the HDTV without no lag, then holy crap I am hauling my Wii out to that thing pronto.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Good games, guys. Now, if I had snapped Bright's Spider-Man back in, I may have had a chance of winning...

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I think I've discovered the reason why I still use Sentinel. And no it's not because he's the easy button and cheap as hell.

It's that freaking theme. Way too epic.

Thino

Smash Master
any tips on how to approach Sentinel as Felicia? I can manage with Chun-Li or Ammy but , with Felicia I just get chipped to death every single time

Minato

穏やかじゃない
What's Progressive Scan?
You can only activate progressive scan if the game has it (all Wii games should) and if you have component cables or HDMI cables for your console. The game's resolution will be progressive instead of interlaced, so 480i games become 480p.

It should reduce lag to a certain extent and makes practicing more bearable.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
You can only activate progressive scan if the game has it (all Wii games should) and if you have component cables or HDMI cables for your console. The game's resolution will be progressive instead of interlaced, so 480i games become 480p.

It should reduce lag to a certain extent and makes practicing more bearable.
Yeah I just tried it. The difference is absolutely phenominal.

It's no CRT TV, which I'll take over the LCD for practice any day, but I can definitely feel the difference. It may also very well be just trying to get used to the definition on an HDTV.

Feels good man. Thanks, Minato.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I think he was responding to the conversation we were having in this thread like a month ago.
Melty has the least amount of fanservice of all the fighters I've played honestly. Kinda makes the whole hentai thing even more hilarious.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Melty has the least amount of fanservice of all the fighters I've played honestly. Kinda makes the whole hentai thing even more hilarious.
Yeah a lot of the characters in Type-Moon stories are non fanservicy (unless you're Rider from Fate/Stay Night lol.) You just get some of the stereotypes in tsunderes and so on.

Heck, Arcueid Brunestud is the most curvacious/busty of any character, but there's not a single spec of fanservice on her and that sweater & long skirt she wears hides her figure.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, I like how Type-Moon has their main heroines cool and modest rather than all fan-servicey for each story.
It's one of the reasons I really like Arcueid in Tsukihime. Plus she's just plain awesome.

I wish Melty got more recognition/respect in the states. Regardless of being a region locked game and last gen, it's still a fun and good game.

Top Bottom