• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
whew. yesterday was really fun, and just going off hyper guides alone can really get a first timer quite far. i just applied what i learned from videos and was able to surprise some people and take a few matches. obviously though, i didn't make it far in tournament.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Found out the exact super to do for each of Taskmaster's throws afterwards =D.

Also, with Taskmaster's basic combo chances are because the way Charging Star is, you'll ALWAYS wind up in a corner where you can finish it with a fully hitting super and the combo does 665k so YAY =D.

Also, is anyone else finding that no matter how many hits or moves you do with Dante the final damage output on the combo tends to wind up somewhere between 530-580k?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
sentinel is crazy rofl. but i use tron who is pretty good against him ♥ :)

man. i activated level 3 x factor tron so many times yesterday LMAO.

drill chip is SOOOO GODLIKE

drill chip to level 3 grab... ****

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha yeah its pretty good. but u gotta flamethrower in their face, which is actually a kinda hard position to get in with chris. machine gun too good though.

however

tron's drill AHHHHHHHHH ♥

i love throwing rocks

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Well if you get them in a corner you can, do this combo with Chris. Can kill people with 90,000 Hp

J. s, Cr. L, M, H, -> H, X factor, <- H, about 13 hits, Sweep Combo.

Also here's another combo.

L, M, H, -> H, 214L L M, Cancel, 236AA, X factor, 214AA, Hold down L on Player 2 corner. That kills Taskmaster base hp. Lvl 2 X factor

These only work in corners.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
idk, everyone kinda ***** with level 3 x factor. i love tron though LOL. i got 1v3 comebacks with her quite a few times.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
My best comeback, was with Dante no x factor. just 5 bars :) I love it

Omg I feel so bad what I did to this Guy right now. I completely destroyed his confidence to play.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I'll probably take the time out to learn Dante after Zero. He's one of those characters people just go "Ugh, another Dante" about, since most people just abuse the same three combos -> Jackpot.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Do I have to take care of Taskmaster's assists before I go after him? I ran into an annoying Taskmaster last night who just spammed Spidey Swing and I felt there was nothing I can do (found out one for each of my characters later) while his assists protected him.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
More like Mighty Swing, air combo with Dante assist --> Mighty Swing Air combo+S to Katana-rama.

<3

It's not perfect, but I love it so much.
Come to think of it, I ran into that exact team last night.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Maybe later. Gotta an assignment I really want to finish tonight.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Phoenix and Sentinel on the same team are an incredible mindgame. Your opponent needs to decide if they want to spend meter and resources dealing with Sentinel or Phoenix. If they go after Phoenix, they'll have to deal with her runaway and constantly pressure her or else she'll just get a raw tag, which is super safe in this game. Going after Phoenix also means that you will be at a disadvantage when going up against Sentinel. Going after Sentinel first means that you'll have to deal with level 3 X-Factor Dark Phoenix as their last character.

I think Dynce's team basically carried himself, Keits, and NerdJosh to GF because nobody knew how to deal with his team until Justin Wong and Noel Brown downloaded him. Almost every match I've seen NerdJosh and Keits play they've gotten bodied.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
NerdJosh has gotten a lot better since his FT10 with Marn but he still makes a lot of dumb mistakes like ending corner combos with Shockwave instead of Tempest.

I really get the feeling that Yipes and Sanford are still feeling out the game. I hope the stream is archived because I missed Sanford's Hulk play, and I'd like to see that because Hulk is surprisingly good in this game.

PR Rog, Smooth Viper, and Jester did really well though. I'm sad that EMP lost to them but I'm not extremely surprised.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Fate of Two Sentinels.

[EDIT]

O_O

Jesus, Phoenix. Dark Phoenix is absolutely BROKEN. I take back everything I ever said about her being free.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Dark Phoenix is basically Strider. She's made of paper, but she's got teleport mixups, great mobility, zoning ability, and she can press a button to make projectiles come out. Because of that, I honestly think she's a Sentinel counter. Don't get me wrong, NORMAL Phoenix gets destroyed by Sentinel, but Dark Phoenix beats him.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I really get the feeling that Yipes and Sanford are still feeling out the game. I hope the stream is archived because I missed Sanford's Hulk play, and I'd like to see that because Hulk is surprisingly good in this game.
It wasn't too great. He basically tried to get in the whole time and couldn't. he didn't do anything with Storm and Mags either. Yipes was alright, you can tell he's not done training yet. RyRy is ridiculous. He did the dumbest combo on the entire stream.
Dark Phoenix is basically Strider. She's made of paper, but she's got teleport mixups, great mobility, zoning ability, and she can press a button to make projectiles come out. Because of that, I honestly think she's a Sentinel counter. Don't get me wrong, NORMAL Phoenix gets destroyed by Sentinel, but Dark Phoenix beats him.
She worst than strider though, but she's also easier to kill.

Top Bottom