• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Yoshara

Smash Lord
You do realize that snapback makes it so they cannot switch out (or even call assists) for quite some time? Also it depletes the red health of who you snap in, and, most importantly, controls your opponents team.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Snapbacks would be great if they didn't scrub down tags.
Yeah, I agree. I rarely use snapbacks in this game. The only time I will is if I want to bring in an assist that has mostly red health.
Most of the time it isn't worth it to spend 1 meter for it considering it can be hard to gain meter in some cases.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
SHE HULK so GOOD
I love you.

Sorry I have no respect for that Dog.
I hate you.

So I watched the Cross Counter episode showing off that Tron team. I never though to use her zapper as an OTG followup. I gotta get the timing right though. If I do the zapper too late, Shu-Hulk's OTG sets him too high to go into Bonne Strike>Servbot Takeout. Still, I can go into Servbot Takeout regardless of height, I just lose some meter gain.

And I've once more swapped my middle character out in my She-Hulk team. From Trish to Iron Man to Chris.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ok, maybe after seeing Justin Wong in action in the finals, maybe Ammy for my second character's not a bad idea. Really funny how my team was just one character away from being JWong's team. At least I can say I'm not bandwagoning.

cutter

Smash Champion
I'm still waiting for MODOK to get broken sooner or later. I think once people get used to his unconventional style, he'll be seeing a lot more play. He's the only character in the game that laughs at high-low mixups, thanks to his "jump".

My team when I'm not in a rushdown mood is MODOK/Dante/Sentinel. Again, I think we all know how good Dante's Jam Session is right now. It lets MODOK extend his combos, or he can lame it up with keepaway and make Jam Session a ghetto Captain Corridor.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I still need to face more people so I can get my Tron better.
Too bad I missed the stream since it would've been nice to see more Tron. :ohwell:

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Really? I thought there was a short frame period where actions don't register. I don't know why I keep getting hit by air.S even while holding back. Then again, Hulk is the only character I recall getting hit by that against. I remember raging about that for a whole minute one day. rofl

Either way, chipping in X-Factor is great too. They could always advancing guard, but Phoenix is still gonna get messed up, especially if you land a hyper combo.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I still need to face more people so I can get my Tron better.
Too bad I missed the stream since it would've been nice to see more Tron. :ohwell:

Nobody really played Tron on the stream, except for Justin who never really used her as anything other than an assist.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I think the flaw in that, wasting your X-Factor just to snapback and wipe out Phoenix is if they have Sentinel on their team still, waiting. You now have nothing to truly defend yourself with if that Sentinel winds up busting out a LVL 2 or LVL 3 X-Factor. Phoenix and Sentinel on the same team is just screaming of "just in case I lose one"

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Just tried out SAT in a match and got my first ragequit. It was against a Sentinel/Ammy/Skrull team. Aside from realizing the potential of crossing up with Ammy's Cold Star, I was wailing on him like nobody's business and She-Hulk's Clothesline makes for a nasty reversal killer.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
I think the flaw in that, wasting your X-Factor just to snapback and wipe out Phoenix is if they have Sentinel on their team still, waiting. You now have nothing to truly defend yourself with if that Sentinel winds up busting out a LVL 2 or LVL 3 X-Factor. Phoenix and Sentinel on the same team is just screaming of "just in case I lose one"
If its choice between fighting a x-factored sent or dark phoenix the choice should be obvious.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Still a glaring disadvantage if the player happens to be beastly with both Phoenix AND Sentinel. It's a tough choice to make. You're either confident enough to kill Dark Phoenix without X-Factor by landing a lucky hit confirm into a combo, or you X-Factor against her.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Don't x-factor when you use X-23's level 3. It won't kill her but it'll make her run for her life if she doesn't have 5 meters which she probably doesn't if you snap them back early.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
If you have something that can eat up a projectile's durability points, then I suggest that. Though just so you know, each shot has five points, and their explosion has three.

Or block and hope you don't get crossed up with teleports.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
At the very least, Tron's lariat stops them. If they're right above me, I can dash underneath and airgrab with She-Hulk and Ammy. And then there's super jump. If I do it right, the homing trail will wear off and stop chasing me.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Snapbacks would be great if they didn't scrub down tags.
scrub scrub scrub scrubity scrubby scrub scrub scrub scrubbing scrubs scrubful of scrub and scrubness scrub scrub scrub scrub scrub scrubadubdubinthetub.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
in the air?
Pushblock land x-factor.

I hate this strat.
scrub scrub scrub scrubity scrubby scrub scrub scrub scrubbing scrubs scrubful of scrub and scrubness scrub scrub scrub scrub scrub scrubadubdubinthetub.

Problem scrub?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man

x-factor x-23 can combo faster than i can press buttons LOL. i couldnt handle that **** when i tried it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ahahahahaha ahhhh yeah. i wanna master it! they can combo their attacks on what seems like every frame. sheesh.

Top Bottom