• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yup.

I can definitely say I'm a happy camper. Haters gonna hate. I could care less.

Venom's also the #1 vote for Marvel's side of things too.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Venom's a more personal one for me as he's been my #1 favorite comic book character of all time, for quite some time. I learned of him from the 90's animated series, then looked into the comics, and the rest is history.

Eddie Brock ftw.

Mega Man X? Well, he's my favorite Mega Man, and the X series ties with the Zero series for some of the most kickass gameplay and challenges ever.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Hey, Yoshara.

So Mega Man X has the most votes on Capcom's side of things in the DLC poll by a large margin.

SUCK IT, *****!!!!
So?

You do realize that I never argued wether or not he was popular (which is what that poll is about), only that they did not want to put him in the game in the first place (either due to effort required, or just not caring). Also I was saying that people should shut up about it.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I honestly don't care, but I wouldn't be surprised if X wasn't that good. Volnutt and original Megaman weren't very...Conventional?

Venom could be good, and he does play a lot differently than Spiderman, but I still feel the marvel slot could be filled by someone else. Not an X-man, so it's a step forward I suppose.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
So?

You do realize that I never argued wether or not he was popular (which is what that poll is about), only that they did not want to put him in the game in the first place (either due to effort required, or just not caring). Also I was saying that people should shut up about it.
They didn't want to put in the classic Mega Man.

And too bad. You can't control what people talk about. :glare: I can talk about X, Venom, whoever the **** I want, whenever I want.

[EDIT]

And FYI? It's not just about popularity. Certainly he's popular but he's also the one people want to see the most coming into Marvel vs. Capcom 3. This poll has the potential to influence the higher ups in development on DLC for the game. It's more then just a popularity contest.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
If X makes it in, that'll make me happy. But only if they do a good job on him.
Allowing him to armor change in mid battle would be nice.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
If X makes it in, that'll make me happy. But only if they do a good job on him.
Allowing him to armor change in mid battle would be nice.

You know, I thought that giving him an armor change would be interesting, but every armor he has are actually really similar in what they give.

Also, I have no problem with wanting X in the game. What I have a problem with is when people can't accept that he is not in the game and just won't shut up about it.

Lobos

Smash Master
CK you must play on some odd hours cuz I never see you online.

Last night I go on a 10 game win streak only to play someone several ranks above me one match and just sits in the corner and spam lasers and such....

btw I use Ammy, Spidey, and Joe

I was mad lol

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Also, I have no problem with wanting X in the game. What I have a problem with is when people can't accept that he is not in the game and just won't shut up about it.
This.

So, Kuraudo? Yoshara has as much of a right to ***** about the people bawwwwing over X's (and Venom's, in your case) non-inclusion.

I personally don't give a **** as to whether X makes it in or not. If he does, cool. If he doesn't, I'm cool with that too. Same with Venom. Both characters have the potential to be unique and they're really popular, but if Papa Capcom ultimately says "nay" then that's the end of it. No use incessantly jockeying for each character's inclusion.

I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than have my hopes up.

Edit: If they did put in Venom it would have to be that godawful Edward Gargan incarnation to keep it with the times. I would try playing this Venom, of course, and even stick with him if I liked how he played. I will sincerely hate every minute of it too, however, as I just loathe this abominable incarnation spawned from the myriad pages of Spider-Man, Dark Reign, and the who-gives-a-**** Thunderbolts. My hatred for Marvel is running deeper and deeper as I use more of this free subscription thing for the Digital Comics.

(I know I forgot a few comics in the genesis of Venom Lite, but who cares?)

This is for Gates:

"He loves you."

**** the Secret Invasion arc.

Smooth Criminal

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I don't want X BECAUSE of the bawwwwing.

That and X is a joke
Are you kidding me? The original Mega Man X was the best game in the franchise, and he has ridiculously diverse options for a good moveset. I'd love for a hyper where he calls down one of those giant mechsuit things and starts punching the crap out of everything.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Strider's franchise hasn't been relevant in years. Besides, he would inevitably be added due to fan demand anyway.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
X and everyone who meat rides him can eat a ****.

Stride or die *****.

I can say I would be rather disapointed if X got in over Strider.

edit: BTW

Strider won the poll.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/feb/22/capcom-unity-mvc3-dlc-poll-results-tallied-round-2/

1. Strider 2094
2. Mega Man X - 2061

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GET YOU MMX **** SPIT ONNNNN
Wrong poll, ETWIST. Round 2's poll is going on. And unless things changed over night, X had the largest amount of polls by a long shot.

Also, I may be vocal about my want for Mega Man X, but I'm also not gonna cry a river if he doesn't get in, in the end. Same for Venom. I can speculate and hope all I want to. I can talk about it all I want to. There's nothing wrong with it whatsoever and I refuse to think I'm a bad guy for even wanting it or talking about it. Whether it's in excess or not. Also, the Captain America we have in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, is DEAD in the comics right now.

The current Captain America got released as a DLC costume for him now if I recall correctly.

Who knows, if we get Venom, which one we'll get. But it's sure as hell apparent that we're not sticking with the times for this game. If we were, Dante would be in his DMC4 outfit. If we were, Captain America would be the new one from the get-go. If we were, Zero could have very well been in his MMZ appearance.

So Eddie Brock, Mac Gargan, hell for some ******** reason, Flash Thompson has a chance to represent Venom. Most likely though, in my opinion, they'll likely go with Eddie Brock's design.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
yes, I know, but it ain't final. But it doesn't matter. Nitsuma doesn't want MMX in this, and I think if the licencing issues don't get in the way Strider will get in over him.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
yes, I know, but it ain't final. But it doesn't matter. Nitsuma doesn't want MMX in this, and I think if the licencing issues don't get in the way Strider will get in over him.
Was it Mega Man X? Or the classic Mega Man he talked about? Source?

Also, don't get me wrong. I'd love for Strider to get in. Hell, for Strider and X BOTH to get in. We can't say that if the poll goes on as it does with X at top, and with the others voted as high as they are, that Capcom won't even consider it.

Who knows what'll happen?

Only one thing to do, speculate and wait and see.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You know, I thought that giving him an armor change would be interesting, but every armor he has are actually really similar in what they give.
I guess Falcon Armor can function like Modok's mobility. I don't know what else would be good. lol
I was never a huge X fan tbh.

I honestly would rather have a different Mega Man in. The one with the most possibilities is EXE but the US doesn't like him. :ohwell:

I also find it sad how MM's popularity went down just because a lot of Unity members want him in and b**** about it.
While I don't care if a Mega Man gets in, I really do want Strider though.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Man, there's too much hate at people for wanting a popular character in a Fanservice game.

Nah, Niitsuma said MM was boring in general and adds nothing to the game. He said Arthur, Zero, and Ammy do everything MM can do.
Because Akuma adds so much more to this game. :3

Gates

Banned via Warnings
This is for Gates:

"He loves you."

**** the Secret Invasion arc.
lololol

Secret Invasion had a lot of wasted potential. Tony Stark's actions in Civil War and before World War Hulk made him a prime candidate to be a Skrull and I think a lot of people thought that too. Instead nothing really happened except for Norman Osborn taking over SHIELD and renaming it HAMMER only for him to be dethroned when trying to invade Asgard a year later. Still, it's not the worst thing Marvel Comics has done in the past 5 years.

I really don't care which Megaman makes it in because I'm not a fan of the series and I don't really know anything about it. I do think A Megaman should make it in though.

I also created an account on the abysmal cesspool known as Capcom-Unity to vote for Cable.

Top Bottom