• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Characters that call other characters are kinda looked down on because you have to me multiple models for one character. This is why I think CapCom has no chance tbh.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Yeah, that's pretty much why Frank isn't in right?

Not that it matters, I was just trying to show that he isn't impossible to add and be fun. He would just take more work.

Beside, as much as I like Phoenix, I would rather see any Megaman and/or Dr. Wily long before him.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Oh, whoever was asking about it earlier, my MVC3 guide has a list of OTG assists:

Akuma - Gamma
Arthur - Gamma
Chris - Gamma
Viper - Beta
Dante - Beta
Deadpool - Beta
Dormammu - Beta
Hulk - Alpha
Iron Man - Gamma
Sentinel - Beta
Sentinel - Gamma
She-Hulk - Alpha
Shuma - Alpha
Storm - Beta
V. Joe - Gamma
Wesker - Beta
X-23 - Beta

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I think Morrigan and Dorm work perfectly together. Now for a Third...

Oh, whoever was asking about it earlier, my MVC3 guide has a list of OTG assists:

Akuma - Gamma
Arthur - Gamma (delay)
Chris - Gamma (delay)
Viper - Beta
Dante - Beta
Deadpool - Beta
Dormammu - Beta
Hulk - Alpha
Iron Man - Gamma
Sentinel - Beta
Sentinel - Gamma
She-Hulk - Alpha
Shuma - Alpha
Storm - Beta
V. Joe - Gamma
Wesker - Beta
X-23 - Beta
Don't forget that chris and arthur have to delay

Octave

Smash Ace
C'mon, guys, Phoenix Wright would be great in a fighting game! He would point his finger and shout "Objection!" and then he would... uh....

I voted for Jin.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
From what I see from your teams,

• Dante/Deadpool/Morrigan - idk, maybe it's because of LVL 3 X-Factor and all, but I'm stuck between Deadpool or Morrigan being your stronger ones (online, at least. lol gloves are off offline I'm sure. get wrecked me), the only way I could get to your Deadpool was either teleporting with Dante or flying over with Sentinel, get a lucky S hit on you and maybe your assist, profit with a cheap *** kill or crippling BnB that I fail to follow up on with HSF. LOL listening to Deadpool always makes me laugh.

• Zero/Hsien-Ko/Sentinel - ... FML I ALMOST HAD YOU THAT ONE BLOODY TIME. I'll get 'em when I play this game more, I swear. Every single one of these characters is solid, and hit confirming so you can get Hsien-Ko's hyper power-up assist is too good.

From the fights I remember, your Magneto was also pretty good too. Over all, just a solid player. Sorry I don't know any other characters right now and you had to face the same team over and over. XD LVL 3 X-Factor Chun-Li scares the pants off me too.

.__.

Substituing Doom would be pretty good. My friend uses him sometimes and the hidden missle is such a cockblock for combos.
My keepaway with Deadpool wasn't that great as I wanted it to be, but it's so good at keeping Zero out.
IMO, you can't win that battle with Zero since Jam Session and Deadpool's guns will lock him down.
If Zero super jumps to buy time for his charge shot, Deadpool can just snipe with his anti air guns while Jam Session is going. :(

And yeah... I don't play Chun. But mash Hard attacks and magic stuff happens. lol

Minato's Morrigan ducked under my Sentinel lasers too.

So I then proceeded to close the gap and use down medium and punt her. LOL
That crouching medium always catches me off guard. So much super armor. lol

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Minato's Morrigan ducked under my Sentinel lasers too.

So I then proceeded to close the gap and use down medium and punt her. LOL
Sentinel's launcher is more of a field goal kick than a punt.

Standing and crouching laser? I didn't know Morrigan could do that.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah, both lasers.

And many thanks, Gate. Sentinel's launcher just got even more epic thinking of it as a field goal kick now. The crowd goes nuts in the background and I laugh my *** off.

[EDIT]

LMFAO!!!! WOW SENTINEL. Just...just WOW. I lost, TRG.

[EDIT]

fml I just about started crying I was laughing so hard. god that was beautiful.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
So I just tried to play my first online match. I went for a ranked match, and twice I couldn't create a room. Then I tried a player match, and finally found someone, but the lag was so bad that we didn't get past the character introductions before we DC'd.

I think the game is trying to tell me something...no online matches, unless it's with friends.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Online's been really good for me, that's weird.

Can't say anything about the lag, but the best way to get ranked is just going to training mode and have fight request on.

But yeah, if you have a choice between online and offline with others, then you have the right idea, lol.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Lag got way worse for me after the patch. When I used to play my friend, it was tolerable.
Now the lag is just awful for some odd reason.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm thinking I'm gonna have to make Hsien-Ko a counterpick character for me. Ammy's great and all, but I struggle against beam spammers so switching her out for Lei Lei might not be a bad idea in those matchups.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm thinking I'm gonna have to make Hsien-Ko a counterpick character for me. Ammy's great and all, but I struggle against beam spammers so switching her out for Lei Lei might not be a bad idea in those matchups.
I personally find Hsien-Ko pretty bad on point. I don't think she counters spammers very well either. Not Deadpool at least.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Then I'm just stumped about what to do against beam spammers.

Lobos

Smash Master
I have the same problem

Atlus8

Smash Master
I personally find Hsien-Ko pretty bad on point. I don't think she counters spammers very well either. Not Deadpool at least.
Oh, my lord! She is much too slow getting to the opponent that I'm sure most characters can time her out! Her forward dash(teleport) is just too slow, same with her airdash(walk)!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hsien ko's best approach is pendulum lol.

its basically asking to get super'd

UNLESS YOU ARE USING HYPER ARMOR ON POINT, YAYUHZZZ!!!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
You just teleport.

To be fair, your opponent first has to learn to pull that other stuff off.

The timing is pretty tight in both cases.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I know. I meant learn in respect to the timing. I'm on a gradual slope to improving, though I'm sure Minato would still make quick work of me.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Minato makes quick work of ev'rrrybody. :bee:

But yeah, I probably won't worry about it until people in my scene start figuring out ways around Phoenix. So far, that hasn't happened yet, so I'm not too worried.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
First they thought they could control it, now she can.

Top Bottom