• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Marvel
1. Venom - 1865
2. Gambit - 1638
3. Carnage - 1181
4. Ghost Rider - 1172
5. Psylocke - 965
[...]
16. Juggernaut - 486
[...]
19. Cable - 415

Capcom
1. Megaman X - 2147
2. Phoenix Wright - 1792
3. Strider - 1546
4. Gene - 1051
5. Frank West - 915
[...]
13. Captain Commando - 609
[...]
15. Leon Kennedy - 569
I am so ****ing pissed off right now.

I don't mind Venom being first. I understand that he's a wildly popular and iconic villain. BUT WHY IS CARNAGE NEARLY AS HIGH AS HIM? JESUS CHRIST THESE ****ING IDOITS COMPLAIN ABOUT MORE THAN ONE SHOTO BEING IN THE GAME BUT HAVING A BUNCH OF SYMBIOTES IS OK? WHAT A LOAD OF BULL****. YOU WANNA PLAY CARNAGE? HE'S ONE OF VENOM'S ALTS. THERE'S YOUR ****ING CARNAGE.

And how the **** does Ghost Rider, a character who was DECONFIRMED A LONG TIME AGO, have a higher score than Juggernaut and Cable COMBINED when those two were MAINSTAYS of MvC2? REMEMBER AHVB*4? REMEMBER TEAM Z? REMEMBER I'M THE JUGGERNAUT *****!?

AND WHERE THE **** IS SPIRAL?

As for Capcom, ****ING PHOENIX WRIGHT IN A FIGHTING GAME REALLY? SERIOUSLY, IT'S NOT FUNNY ANYMORE SO JUST DROP THE JOKE. If you were serious then ARE YOU ****ING STUPID? A CHARACTER FROM A GLORIFIED TEXT-BASED ADVENTURE GAME IN A FIGHTING GAME? YOU MIGHT AS WELL VOTE FOR SERVBOT, HE'D FIT INTO A FIGHTING GAME BETTER.

I'm surprised Leon isn't getting higher votes when HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE GAME INSTEAD OF CHRIS ANYWAY. RE4 WAS MILES BETTER THAN RE5. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT. THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO LIKE RE5 MORE ARE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO PLAY IT WITH A GEARS OF WAR CONTROL SCHEME OR SEE SOME RACIST **** LIKE BLACK ZOMBIE TRIBESMEN THROWING SPEARS AND PLAYING BASKETBALL. Leon instead of Chris, Ada Wong instead of Jill, Wesker can stay I guess since there's no way they could fit Krauser in the game without it being rated M.

AND WHO THE **** IS GENE? Wait, Gene from Godhand? He would actually be pretty awesome.

At least Strider is doing well.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
lololol

Secret Invasion had a lot of wasted potential. Tony Stark's actions in Civil War and before World War Hulk made him a prime candidate to be a Skrull and I think a lot of people thought that too. Instead nothing really happened except for Norman Osborn taking over SHIELD and renaming it HAMMER only for him to be dethroned when trying to invade Asgard a year later. Still, it's not the worst thing Marvel Comics has done in the past 5 years.
(Setting the game aside for a moment. Thanks for amending Gargan's first name, Kuraudo. Still doesn't change the fact that he's a B-side piece of crap villain.)

Could not agree with you more, Gates. I can't even ****ing expound in any more detail than that. Stark SHOULD have been a Skrull, plain and simple. Damn close to everything he did was a radical departure from the Tony Stark I've seen in Iron Man over the years. I can kind of understand the demons that drove him to do what he did during the Civil War (it was organically portrayed and the build-up beforehand meshed well) as something he could possibly be driven to do, but not with such...extreme prejudice.
Cyborg Thor? The Illuminati? Allowing the pre-pubescent Avengers' Goliath to become such a casual casualty?
I mean, when Urich and what's-her-***** pinned down what was really going on with Stark in Civil War: Front Lines, I was really "what the ****ing" and definitely thinking something is up with this man. It was borderline ridiculous, alien. SKRULL-LIKE, even.

Don't even get me started on how bad Marvel ****ed with Spidey. Holy crap. The diatribe I have stored in my cranium for Maximum Cloneage years back would cause this thread to asplode, let alone the one I have tucked away for the cosmic equivalent of the Devil that magically takes an interest in one relationship in all of reality. Never mind that he was bedeviling powerhouses like Silver Surfer and Doctor Strange years before and, y'know, they're kind of a big deal in the Marvel Universe (cosmologically-speaking). I mean, those guys are chumps. Right?

*sighs.* Don't even get me started on Siege, man. It was a good idea conceptually, but once you throw the Sentry in, it's like mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Smooth Criminal

Gates

Banned via Warnings
*sighs.* Don't even get me started on Siege, man. It was a good idea conceptually, but once you throw the Sentry in, it's like mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
I like The Sentry. I think more heroes should deal with all their problems by ripping them in half.

The Sentry's biggest problem is that his powers are so poorly defined. He's like Golden/Silver Age Superman, only limited in power by what the writers want him to be unable to do. The whole crap with The Void isn't really a weakness since he still has all the same powers as The Sentry. The only difference is that The Void scares the living **** out of The Sentry, which isn't so much a weakness for him as it is a ham-fisted way of the writers making him a *****.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Wow, Gates. You the saltiest, maddest mofo I ever seen over a fan poll. LOL

[EDIT]

Also, Squirrel Girl is voted over Juggernaut and Cable too. Get at this joke ****. lol

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I like The Sentry. I think more heroes should deal with all their problems by ripping them in half.
LolCarnage. That's what that looney symbiote got for effing with Sentry when he broke out of the Raft.

The Sentry's biggest problem is that his powers are so poorly defined. He's like Golden/Silver Age Superman, only limited in power by what the writers want him to be unable to do. The whole crap with The Void isn't really a weakness since he still has all the same powers as The Sentry. The only difference is that The Void scares the living **** out of The Sentry, which isn't so much a weakness for him as it is a ham-fisted way of the writers making him a *****.
Quoted for truth. I'm going to stop cluttering this thread with comic-talk now.

If you wanna keep yakking away about this ****, just throw me a PM or something Gates.

Smooth Criminal

cutter

Smash Champion
Gates was mad salty, but there is **** I agree with him on.

i.e., Phoenix Wright. I'm sorry, but he has no place in a fighting game. Yes, he is popular and yes he is awesome. But at the same time, people need to understand that just because you're a Marvel or Capcom character doesn't mean you can automatically translate cleanly into the Vs. series. I'd rather take a rather unknown/unpopular character with amazing gameplay over a popular character with crappy gameplay any day of the week. Sentinel is a perfect example of the former. He is basically nothing more than cannon fodder, a glorified stormtrooper in the Marvel universe, but his gameplay is completely unique and amazing.

At first when people wanted Phoenix Wright in the game ever since this got announced last year, I just kept thinking it was some silly joke. Now if this guy actually seriously is a DLC character, it will actually be the first time I will seriously call someone a "waste of a roster slot".

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I didn't vote for Phoenix Wright. If he's in, lulz.

My three votes went to,

• Mega Man X
• Strider
• Sigma

My Marvel votes went to,

• Venom
• Silver Surfer
• Ghost Rider

I didn't care much about the rest of the Marvel votes so I went with what'd bring some unique/interesting gameplay.

[EDIT]

I can't wait until I make someone else ragequit and get hatemail. It'll feel good. Especially when it's not even Sentinel that causes them to ragequit.

Zero ftfw.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Wow, Gates. You the saltiest, maddest mofo I ever seen over a fan poll. LOL
Didn't you tell someone to suck it, call them a *****, and then start a 50 post flame-war over this "fan poll"?

Hey, Yoshara.

So Mega Man X has the most votes on Capcom's side of things in the DLC poll by a large margin.

SUCK IT, *****!!!!
Thought so.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
That comment was directed only at Yoshara. Who, btw, I know IRL and it's a personal jab for fun more then anything.

You guys are the ones that blew it outta proportion.

Just saiyan.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Gates, Leon should not be in over Chris. While I also enjoyed RE4 more than RE5, Chris is the main male protagonist in the series while Leon is not. I don't think Leon has even seen Wesker, now that I think about it. Same reason why Jill is there and not Ada.

If you want to argue that you like those characters better, that's fine. But as for who should be in the game first I think that part is clear.

Also *lol* at Cutter talking about a character's gameplay when a character isn't even out yet. Why are you so certain that Phoenix Wright will have crappy gameplay?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Chris is the main male protagonist in the series while Leon is not.
That's kind of debatable. They were both only in 2 games each and neither of them really has a personality.

I don't think Leon has even seen Wesker, now that I think about it.
That's actually a very good point. Leon obviously knows who Wesker is, but I doubt they've ever met (in any main series games at least).

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Actually Chris has been in three games. The original, RE5, and Code Veronica.

You're right about the personality, though. But the only playable guy with personality (Steve) nobody liked.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Shuma and Jill aren't out today, guys. March 15th for them, IIRC.

Today is the Free Shadow Mode DLC, and the $5 (?) Costume Pack.

@Iron Dragon:

Deadpool's Katana-rama, for one.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Shuma and Jill aren't out today, guys. March 15th for them, IIRC.

Today is the Free Shadow Mode DLC, and the $5 (?) Costume Pack.

@Iron Dragon:

Deadpool's Katana-rama, for one.
That is correct and thanks for the info on the assist.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
lol at this thread!! the last page as been so funny. entertaining!!

does anyone know where i can find more awesome youtube vids of cool tournaments? besides Wednesday Night Fights by levelupseries?? thx!

cutter

Smash Champion
Also *lol* at Cutter talking about a character's gameplay when a character isn't even out yet. Why are you so certain that Phoenix Wright will have crappy gameplay?
Because he doesn't have anything unique that would be relevant in a Vs. series context. If Phoenix Wright could do stuff like fly, airdash, teleport, wall jump/climb, shoot beams, step up an obstacle course of hazards, slow down time, duplicate himself, reverse the opponent's controls, resurrect himself, or do anything else over the top in terms of gameplay, I'd be fine with him being in a fighting game. But he can't do any of that kind that stuff.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
^1000 times this.

Oh, and Phoenix fell off a cliff and survived. At the very least, he's a pretty tough human.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Every single time you landed Rekkouha, I was thinking in my head,

"Oh god. No. NO! NOT HSIEN-KO'S ASSIST!!!" XD

Good games and I had a lot of fun, Minato. I'm free (especially my spazzing Dante LOL) when you bust out your serious team, then again I just gotta practice this game more anyway.

I was gonna stop the second one of us got to 10 wins, but played one or two more after that anyway. Messaging on the PSN is so slow.

[EDIT]

My problem online is whenever I would try to end a combo with a hyper, I'd do it too late. Gotta adjust to the lag s'more, though the connection was really good. Take that, BlazBlue!

[EDIT #2]

That, and I gotta keep my cool when I get a hit confirm instead of just dropping the start of combos all the time. Ah well. Those were some kickass games. And the "jesus lol" message was from your wrecktacular Zero combo you pulled on me with all those assists and crap, complete with the Z-Buster relaunch combo and all.

I just had to put the stick down after that and go, "W-Wow... Mother of God, man. That was awesome to watch, terrible to get ***** by."

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Every single time you landed Rekkouha, I was thinking in my head,

"Oh god. No. NO! NOT HSIEN-KO'S ASSIST!!!" XD

Good games and I had a lot of fun, Minato. I'm free (especially my spazzing Dante LOL) when you bust out your serious team, then again I just gotta practice this game more anyway.

I was gonna stop the second one of us got to 10 wins, but played one or two more after that anyway. Messaging on the PSN is so slow.

[EDIT]

My problem online is whenever I would try to end a combo with a hyper, I'd do it too late. Gotta adjust to the lag s'more, though the connection was really good. Take that, BlazBlue!

[EDIT #2]

That, and I gotta keep my cool when I get a hit confirm instead of just dropping the start of combos all the time. Ah well. Those were some kickass games. And the "jesus lol" message was from your wrecktacular Zero combo you pulled on me with all those assists and crap, complete with the Z-Buster relaunch combo and all.

I just had to put the stick down after that and go, "W-Wow... Mother of God, man. That was awesome to watch, terrible to get ***** by."
XD GGs. I have to go eat dinner anyways so that was a good time to stop.

I'm really bad at hit confirming with my other 2 teams online. Especially when I use Dante.
I'll sometimes get the hit in, but I'll screw up his Bold Move command jump or whatever into Volcano.

And thanks. I like my main team. Although I might substitute in Doom in case of counter picks.
The lag was bad, but it was still playable which was good.

I had a tough time getting around your Sentinel when I didn't use my main team.
I'm just not used to the matchup when I'm not Zero, Hsien-Ko, or Sentinel lol.

Blargy

Smash Journeyman
So I started to play this with my brother.....and I like playing as wesker :D (Also for the fact I like the RE Series)

Seems to me most people cant keep up with his pace.....at least the people I play / or online

Of course I did play online and found a REALLY gay team.... Sentinel spamming his IMMA FIRING MY LAZOR with sipderman spamming his assist web shot >.>

GAY

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
From what I see from your teams,

• Dante/Deadpool/Morrigan - idk, maybe it's because of LVL 3 X-Factor and all, but I'm stuck between Deadpool or Morrigan being your stronger ones (online, at least. lol gloves are off offline I'm sure. get wrecked me), the only way I could get to your Deadpool was either teleporting with Dante or flying over with Sentinel, get a lucky S hit on you and maybe your assist, profit with a cheap *** kill or crippling BnB that I fail to follow up on with HSF. LOL listening to Deadpool always makes me laugh.

• Zero/Hsien-Ko/Sentinel - ... FML I ALMOST HAD YOU THAT ONE BLOODY TIME. I'll get 'em when I play this game more, I swear. Every single one of these characters is solid, and hit confirming so you can get Hsien-Ko's hyper power-up assist is too good.

From the fights I remember, your Magneto was also pretty good too. Over all, just a solid player. Sorry I don't know any other characters right now and you had to face the same team over and over. XD LVL 3 X-Factor Chun-Li scares the pants off me too.

.__.

Substituing Doom would be pretty good. My friend uses him sometimes and the hidden missle is such a cockblock for combos.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I always thought Wright could work well if his specials involved him calling characters from his game to do some sort of attack. With all the characters in his games he could easily rival Dante in number of special attacks.

Honestly, it's not hard to get a character to work, you just have to get a little creative. :/

Top Bottom