• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
I have to say, when this one of the most anticipated games to come out for a while I feel that Capcom really screwed somethings up. Now don't get me wrong. This is the best game I've played in this year alone but it feels rushed. The style feels too polished enough for my eyes to make it close to be realistic and unrealistic all at once. DLC characters have seem to grow a trend with our past titles. Sure, if it was DLC that wasn't already on the disc then sure but when you have to pay to play as the rest of the roster, it seems to me that it's complete BS. At least 5 of that DLC could of been in the game. I personally want X in for the camping possibilities(Being a TvC player, I loved to camp with Zero.). He has a load of specials that Capcom could incorporate to this game.

Maybe he could use Frost Tower to block all his foes hits while a touch to the rock freezes them for a short time. And twin slash for priority? C-shot could be used to shield X from other opponents.

F-lazer for a long ranged, spamable attack would be kinda cool to see. He could be like Saki but better and slightly more campy. Oh and those hover boots are a must. :I

Overall this game is what I sorta wanted it to be. It's easier for me to pull of air comboes when I have VJoe and Amaterasu on my team.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahhahahahah

i just like my team. i dont have the game so i cant get really deep into it yet

all i know is my own team, and info from watching tourny videos

in other words

complaining about sentinel was SOOOOOOOOO last week.

now it's all about dark phoenix

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
So I experienced my first ever ragequit online.

And I wasn't even ****** with Sentinel. It was Zero who made them quit.

FEELS GOOD.

and idec anymore. I'mma use Sentinel anyway. He's way too fun and funny at the same time. Big *** fire leg punt for a launcher ftw.

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
hahhahahahah

i just like my team. i dont have the game so i cant get really deep into it yet

all i know is my own team, and info from watching tourny videos

in other words

complaining about sentinel was SOOOOOOOOO last week.

now it's all about dark phoenix
I actually played it against other people.

I just stuck with the people I knew and their abilities.

My team when I played was Zero, VJoe, and Amaterasu. I was going to pick Dante but I know nothing about DMC so I was probably going to fail hard.

I won my first match, but it wasn't cake walk. His Wolverine was persistent.
I really can't play as anyone else until I play and explore the game myself.

I tried Arthur my second match and I epic failed all the way.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
You know what i like about Dorm, oh you made a mistake? CHAOTIC FLAME. Oh I snapped you back and your assist is still out? Purification Spam since it OTG's, GG Assist. Uh.. No X factor? 214AA X factor 214AA, Power of the Power of the Power of the creator.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Power of the Creator.
Power of the Creator.
Power of the Destructor.

L > M > S > 214H > Chaotic Flame > X-Factor > Chaotic Flame.

Power of the power of the power of the - Ahahahahaaaa

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Dorm

Partner 1: X-23 B Ankle Slice.
Partner 2: Magneto A Disrupter.
Square Jump, P1, J. H, Cr. L, H, S, J.M, J.M, J.H, S, P2, 423H (Reset)(Depends if hey crouch) J.H, Cr. M, S, J.M, J.M, J.H, S, 623 (L)(M)(H) (Position on screen matter) Cancel out on the first 2 frames, Chaotic Flame, X Fac cancel, Chaotic Flame.

That should do about 72%. Though you can shortcut it. Instead of the Magneto assist you can use Chris, Ammy, Dr. Doom Plasma Beam, etc But they have to crouch the assist. If not you can. 214AA. Or bait a move then Chaotic Flame or DHC

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
4 Hypers Bars.
L > M > Chaotic Flames > X-Factor before the 30th hit of Chaotic Flames > Dark Dimension.

864,000 damage.

I don't know if that's a waste or just being a ****in' boss.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Yeah, I'm liking the strictly Dorm damage though.
Especially damage that high with absolutely no effort.

Kind of depressing, actually...

POWER OF THE CREATOR.

Edit:

Dark Spell: Creator charge to 2.
L > M > 214H > Chaotic Flames > X-Factor > Chaotic Flames.

728,400 damage.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I think the flaw in that, wasting your X-Factor just to snapback and wipe out Phoenix is if they have Sentinel on their team still, waiting. You now have nothing to truly defend yourself with if that Sentinel winds up busting out a LVL 2 or LVL 3 X-Factor. Phoenix and Sentinel on the same team is just screaming of "just in case I lose one"
Didn't I just say something like this?
Phoenix and Sentinel on the same team are an incredible mindgame. Your opponent needs to decide if they want to spend meter and resources dealing with Sentinel or Phoenix. If they go after Phoenix, they'll have to deal with her runaway and constantly pressure her or else she'll just get a raw tag, which is super safe in this game. Going after Phoenix also means that you will be at a disadvantage when going up against Sentinel. Going after Sentinel first means that you'll have to deal with level 3 X-Factor Dark Phoenix as their last character.

I think Dynce's team basically carried himself, Keits, and NerdJosh to GF because nobody knew how to deal with his team until Justin Wong and Noel Brown downloaded him. Almost every match I've seen NerdJosh and Keits play they've gotten bodied.
Thought so.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Completely new to the MvC series. Just got MvC3 3 days ago. I'm a scrub.

My main team is X-23, Dante, and Deadpool.

Am I original? :( Feelin like I'm not. lol

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Zero, Sentinel, Dante.

Until I switch Dante for someone else,

I've got Dante on Jam Session, Sentinel on Sentinel Force (Charge), and I'm trying to figure out what to have Zero on.

How's this team and what should Zero be on?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
God **** it I knew it! :mad:

Just curious though who is probably the most common team right now?

I remember by watching some MvC2 vids that Storm/Magneto/Sentinel were the typical team back in those days.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Zero, Sentinel, Dante.

Until I switch Dante for someone else,

I've got Dante on Jam Session, Sentinel on Sentinel Force (Charge), and I'm trying to figure out what to have Zero on.

How's this team and what should Zero be on?
Put zero as B or Y make sure he has His 214AA activated b4 hand

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I feel so bad because, I'm hardly good enough to even pick lolgoodwithoutskillteams, and I use Spidey/Dante/Deadpool. I just generally liked them >.>; /hatemyself

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Dante/Deadpool/Zerp in some order. Occasionally, you'll see Wesker in place of Zero.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Just curious though who is probably the most common team right now?
In terms of competitive play, there's nothing that can be considered the most common team right now in the same way that MSP and Santhrax were the most common teams in Marvel 2. Teams with Sentinel are common though.

In terms of online scrubs, I can't say because I don't play fighting games online. I drop combos enough without lag.

Top Bottom