• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I meant worse as in she's more ******** than Strider.
Oh ok.

I dunno about that, but she is pretty insane.

Sentinel's boring in this game. All of his flashy cool **** is gone.
Fly combos in general are a lot worse than MvC2.

Doom's Missile assist is really great. It's like a ghetto CapCom assist and it also stops people from doing combos. It's pretty awesome. If I knew how to play Doom, I'd use him on my team.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Wait, people are just now realizing how beastly Dark Phoenix is?

All you have to do is X-Factor as soon as she comes out, chip some damage off of the first character until they're KO'd or punished for trying to move, then set up all three TK Traps for the next character and repeat. Throw in a random Healing Field if necessary. It's almost impossible to lose with her if you get a good rotation started.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Precisely. I thought that's what you meant, but I wasn't sure. :3c

But yes, I agree. It's pretty hard to lose when you're Dark Phoenix unless you make a mindbogglingly huge mistake.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
she's so godlike lol. i can't see how i'd beat that, with my team except by spamming tron's heavy, which takes up the whole screen yayuhz.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
If you can catch her with one hyper combo on release, she's pretty much screwed. Hulk is really good at keeping Dark Phoenix back with Gamma Wave / Gamma Tsunami. That's one character that gives my Phoenix team trouble. Snap Back so Phoenix comes out and Hulk has a variety of 0-Death combos on her that are ridiculously easy to pull off.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
If you can catch her with one hyper combo on release, she's pretty much screwed. Hulk is really good at keeping Dark Phoenix back with Gamma Wave / Gamma Tsunami. That's one character that gives my Phoenix team trouble. Snap Back so Phoenix comes out and Hulk has a variety of 0-Death combos on her that are ridiculously easy to pull off.
First, pretty much everyone has that.

Second, try baiting the Gamma Wave/Tsunami (easier with Tsunami due to the Hypher freeze) and teleporting behind him to punish.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
First, pretty much everyone has that.
Everyone on the roster has at least one combo that deals 420,000 damage, if I'm not mistaken. Just implying that with Hulk, even his bnb combos > Gamma Tsunami demolish her.

Second, try baiting the Gamma Wave/Tsunami (easier with Tsunami due to the Hypher freeze) and teleporting behind him to punish.
That's usually what I do with Phoenix, except I teleport above him judging on the distance. Sometimes it's better to just guard it though. If you're too far away or the timing is off even the slightest bit, the wave can still hit her during the teleport. If you're close to him? Sure. Teleporting behind him is much better. Nice way of starting up the aerial down+H string -> Phoenix Inferno with the opening too.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Loser's Finals reminds me of a joke:

Why are there no phone books in China?
There's so many Wings ang Wongs you might wing the wong number.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
B teleport will always end up behind him when he is using Gamma Tsunami. What you should be doing is buffering the teleport during the hyper freeze.

Also, with how low your health is, you should trying to avoid that chip as much as possible.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
are you immune to dark phoenix's chip damage while in x-factor?

Ugg

Smash Champion
I'm using a team of Sent (a), Amaterasu (b) and Ryu (y) in that order. It's going alright, and I really like Sentinel and Amaterasu, but Ryu is my weak link and I'm thinking of someone better for that spot. Any suggestions?

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Seeing Justin Wong rep Ammy made me happy. Also, seeing him make Sent look free was pretty fun too.

P.S. Time for some Ammy Fun Facts: Did you know that Amaterasu can block almost immediately out of her air dash? Also Ammy is tied for the fastest normal in the game, with her 5A coming out in 3 frames. The only other normal that comes out that fast is Dark Phoenix's 2A. Also she can stand and not get hit by Haggars Lariat.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Chris doesn't have to approach her. He has to play really, really calm. He needs to know when to super jump or when to standing Machine gun since she can't crouch under it. Also Heavy nade pool of fire stops Cold star. Plus I never liked Okami or ammy to ever begin with. So of course she won't get any respect from me.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Chris doesn't have to approach her. He has to play really, really calm. He needs to know when to super jump or when to standing Machine gun since she can't crouch under it. Also Heavy nade pool of fire stops Cold star. Plus I never liked Okami or ammy to ever begin with. So of course she won't get any respect from me.
So he plays like normal then?

GreenAce

Smash Ace
Yeah so after playing week some of the best players/phoneix's in Florida. I've come to the conclusion that she's by far the dumbest character in the game.

On a side not dorm with hidden missles is ****ing godlike. Nobody can get in besides maybe wesker.
Also I was trying to go sfl's first mvc3 tourney where I felt like I could get top 3. But I couldn't get a ride. I probably would of lost to one really good play down here and flashmetroid.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I can agree with that (Currently running Zero , Ammy , Chris ).

Yeah so after playing week some of the best players/phoneix's in Florida. I've come to the conclusion that she's by far the dumbest character in the game.

On a side not dorm with hidden missles is ****ing godlike. Nobody can get in besides maybe wesker.
Also I was trying to go sfl's first mvc3 tourney where I felt like I could get top 3. But I couldn't get a ride. I probably would of lost to one really good play down here and flashmetroid.
lrn2Snapback

Top Bottom