• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Too bad Minato and I dont own the game for the same system. If y'all having trouble against Zero, then you would be having trouble against two of them

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Just played someone with a mic who claimed to be a "competitive player." Used Sentinel, Wolverine, and the Hulk. Brought Sentinel down to a third of his health with Deadpool before getting KO'd and took out the Hulk with X-23, but Wolverine downed her. One Dark Phoenix transformation and X-Factor later, I win, and am apparently a scrub. Cool beans.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
if anyone gots the PS3 version hit me up on PSN. I'm usually on at night and in the morning. Also Trons air.H is god tier. She just flies through projectiles.

PSN: Brightside6382

Minato

穏やかじゃない
But yeah, I probably won't worry about it until people in my scene start figuring out ways around Phoenix. So far, that hasn't happened yet, so I'm not too worried.
I don't know if you still play Dante/Morrigan/Phoenix like my friend, but basically tag Phoenix in when you have 5 bars.
Super jump and do fireballs to annoy them since it's hard for a lot of characters to deal with.

Once they get into a corner, rush them down. If they kill you when they're cornered, you can combo off of Dark Phoenix's burst.
Then just tag back out after that combo. lol

By the time they've managed to kill your other two characters, they'll have to deal with Dark Phoenix with most likely 5 meters and level 3 X Factor.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
MY ****ING GOD SENT BATTLES ARE BORING IN THIS GAME.

I gotta watch some Sanford or Desmond to get this boring Sent out of my mind man...

Savon

Smash Ace
Sentinel is the only character I honestly hate.

Wesker and Dante both feel like they have no weaknesses when you are fighting them. I just need to learn how to deal with spammers in general along with Sent laser spamming with the Dr. Doom missile assist.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
MvC2 Sent fans wanted him in, and this is what we got. Thanks Capcom...
Sentinel's just not fun anymore. Sentinel was never about landing a launcher to magic series since they weren't always easy to land in MvC2.

So now they took everything fun away from him and just gave him super armor on his crouching M and launcher lol

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I'm not talking about scrubs. **** them. Online sucks.

I'm talkin competitive. It's boring. They're all doing stuff that takes 3 mins to learn, they do nothing impressive, it's slow paced, it's just plain BORING. Not like the old Sent battles where all you see it feet flying everywhere.

cutter

Smash Champion
MvC2 Sent fans wanted him in, and this is what we got. Thanks Capcom...
Sentinel's just not fun anymore. Sentinel was never about landing a launcher to magic series since they weren't always easy to land in MvC2.

So now they took everything fun away from him and just gave him super armor on his crouching M and launcher lol

Standing M has super armor as well, and it can cancel out some projectiles. It's probably Sent's most underrated move.

I loved Sent in MvC2. He was my favorite character to play as aside from BB Hood, and he still is in MvC3. The problem is what made Sent "fun" in MvC2 is what made at least 3/4ths of the cast unable to come close to beating him. MvC2 Sent literally could lock you down from full screen with spit into fastfly/stomp pressure, unfly, then go back to spit if he wanted. Combined with an assist like Cyclops's Gene Splice, he could lock you in the corner with so much blockstun. Capcom obviously didn't want to be coming back but still tried to pay as much homage to MvC2 Sent as they could. They were in a tight spot.

There's still the command throw mixups though. You can kara cancel that **** and extend its range like crazy.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm not talking about scrubs. **** them. Online sucks.

I'm talkin competitive. It's boring. They're all doing stuff that takes 3 mins to learn, they do nothing impressive, it's slow paced, it's just plain BORING. Not like the old Sent battles where all you see it feet flying everywhere.
That's exactly what I mean. They took away his fun stuff like his pressure and fun fly combos.
They made him too straight forward and simple which annoys me.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So... Guide says Magneto is a good battery. Would he go well with Zero/Ammy? I was thinking Sent since they both have low hp, but I'm so new to this xD

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I have this feeling I'd do better with Mag than Sent. I've always been terrible with huge characters =/ Only way to know is to practice though, I guess.

Been looking at the trophies/achievements, and they are kinda meh...

There's like 5 or 6 just for making some teams, whats with that? And then so many of them are....easy. I could easily get 80% on this, and I suck at the game.

Also looking at changing my first team up, so the whole zero/ammy/mag idea is probably on hold for awhile. I have fun with Spidey/Dante/Dead, but omg everyone uses dante/deadpool online...to the point where...it's just bad. I'd like to keep Dante(I've loved him since he was announced(, the question is who the third should be....

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Ugh, I hate Dante. He's such a Mary Sue, and everyone and their mothers uses him online. :p

Right now, my team is as follows:

It's done decently, but I tend to make a lot of mistakes. My instinct is to jam R1 or L1 when I start to get combo'd in hopes of beating them off, but that usually just kills off one of my assists, and I have trouble doing certain button imputs. How do people do that z-shaped one? You know, forward to down to diagnal forwards.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Man, went into training mode and played against Sentinel, Dante and Zero on very hard . . . not as easy as I thought it would be!

Anyway, Hsien-Ko might not cut it for me on point! But d@mn, I really like her assist! I'll take a shot in the dark and pick up Shuma on the 15th!

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
For some reason,.. I can't help but feel the urge to name teams. Spidey/Dante/Deadpool could be Satanic Spider-Ninja! (wolverine/Hulk/Haggar could be Roid Rage)

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I just made the same guy ragequit twice in a row. I feel so accomplished.

Edit: ...And now a third time. This time the match didn't even start and he quit.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Zook
Dormmamu/Arthur/Something relating to Saddam.

DLO

Smash Journeyman
For some reason,.. I can't help but feel the urge to name teams. Spidey/Dante/Deadpool could be Satanic Spider-Ninja! (wolverine/Hulk/Haggar could be Roid Rage)
inb4 team A.S.S.
Ammy Sentinel Storm of course, what were you thinking.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
lol, A.S.S...

Now that I think of it, Spider Slash sounds better..but still really corny. Roid Rage ftw though :D

Phoenix, Morrigan, Storm PMS :D

Top Bottom