• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

Gindler

Smash Champion
BAM!

3 fests would be grand! should be back wednesday(ish). Depending on when I change my oil (stupid cars needing "maintenance")

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
Well you just tell your mom about the guy who has both an AS & BS in computer animation, and he played smash the whole time. Oh yeah, and he had to get both degrees in less time than students at normal schools.

BTW, he=me

Getting a job is a totally different story as I'm still unemployed, but your mom wasn't talking about that so I wouldn't either if I were you.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
hey guys, i got the pics from florida gaming. they're only a few so sorry about that. i'll get a better camera next time. if you guys have facebook and have me as a friend you'll see them real soon. i gotta finish this drawing hw 1st. :/

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Alot of smashers have really strict parents.

Pops, you're about to go to college and their biggest fear is of you playing video games lol?

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
Alot of smashers have really strict parents.

Pops, you're about to go to college and their biggest fear is of you playing video games lol?
Yea, I Find that very odd as well... Most everyone I play with is in college. Though it seems as if their parents still run there lives.

Don't get me wrong, parents are always gonna be worried about you and that's cool. You have to respect that, but seeing as everyone is like in their 20's (late teens).... It's time to call your own shots, and make responsible decisions.

;)

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I do have to keep a 3.2 for my scholarship. But I think I'm smart enough to not smash when I should do school work. And smash is a social game, if I were playing wow, no one would tell me "maybe later dude it's exam week"

I'm pretty sure I'm really upset about strict dad keeping me grounded from smash until I her hired for a job. I missed a total scrubfest tournament with like thirty kids, I was a lock for second or third and could have made so much dough!!!! It's hurts worse than that time I got turned down for prom, srsly.

To answer the other poster, my parents are worried most about me playing too much video games because its literally the most immoral thing I'd do. I dont even say the h-word. (I figure that would cover a lot of examples higher on the list.)

So... Yeah. I haven't been allowed to play video games on school weekdays, ever since they thought of the rule when I was in first grade. Mom thinks I should do that voluntarily in college.

gallax

Smash Hero
man. im so glad i moved out and am independent. my parents tell me to keep a 3.0 gpa and bright futures and they will do whatever they can to help. in the meantime i keep a job so they wont have to help me(but they always do) and try to be as active as i can at UCF. as for my smashing, they say that as long as it doesnt become a priority in my life that exceeds the important things they dont care. they aren't going force me to do anything other than do the right thing. my parents trust me enough to let me run my life. i feel sorry for those who are 19 and older and are still restricted by their parents. i can see if you live with your parents and they have rules for you. thats understandable. but if you are 19 and older, i dont thik they have a right to tell you how to live your life and shape it in their will.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Ha, my mom and dad just remembered how into star castle he was when they were both like 25 years old so they pretty much understood how cool games are. I lost my bright futures before brawl even came out so yeah. Since I'm 19 and out of the house though the rents don't tell me what to do, we just talk about stuff otherwise they'd be overbearing and they don't want to be like that (maybe I just have a cool mom and dad)

BAM

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
lol
Games aren't the #1 reason for students dropping out; people blaming laziness on random crap is.

Caps05

Smash Cadet
haha that sucks dude. But the way my parents see it is. iyt's my future if i wanna f-it up thats my perogative. They see it as if im going out to play video games its much better then me going out and doing worste stuff.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
And pops is coming out of the closet about being a metaknight player

EDIT: I'm a meta knight player. Kirby is my second.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
i kneed both my parents at the tender age of 16, they are both dead now

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
seconded.

The world beastliest fox. I wanna try my sheik, bowser and wolf against it.

Toneh

Smash Lord
oh yea almost forgot.

Lets play smash tomorrow. Gindler said his place is a maybe. I know he has 1 setup, plus an extra TV. If n3xus comes he can bring a 2nd. Teeco said maybe on a 3rd.

Who's coming??

I know its me, gindler, kei, caps, <3, and teeco so far.
3 setups total

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
oh yea almost forgot.

Lets play smash tomorrow. Gindler said his place is a maybe. I know he has 1 setup, plus an extra TV. If n3xus comes he can bring a 2nd. Teeco said maybe on a 3rd.

Who's coming??

I know its me, gindler, kei, caps, retro, <3, and teeco so far.
3 setups total
i don't know if i can come wedneday. mom's back and shes starting to become a b*tch again. i'll let you what happens.

edit- i can relate to pops about his parents. shoot, i can't even play wow because of them...

Gindler

Smash Champion
oh yea almost forgot.

Who's coming??

I know its me, gindler, kei, caps, <3, and teeco so far.
3 setups total
Yep, still a maybe I'll be changing my oil in the morning. I have to go back to orlando tomorrow to pay my rent just really depends on when you guys want to start (I'll be back at like 3ish), and if my roomie is alright with it of course :confused:

Fenrir really should beast it up again, if I remember correctly he's married now though.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Video games are like anything else that can distract you...they are fine in moderation!!!

I smash A LOT (like every other day usually during the school year) and I still am holding onto a 3.9 something GPA!!!

I'd hope your parents would trust that you are responsible enough to manage your time positively!!!

My parents are just like yours Mike (galax)...as long as I keep my scholarships and do well in my classes they don't mind what I do in my free time!!!

:colorful:

Gindler

Smash Champion
Alrighty, I'll be calling my roommate in an hour. Picked up band of brothers from my bro as like a bribe for him so there's like a mega good chance I can host now.

Woah 3.9, I only have like a 3.1 I can't blaim smash though since as you said QDVS, it's moderated and now having smashfests on nothing days mon-thurs is amazing.

Darnit, forgot how to do rainbow faces again.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
great, so i can't come tommorrow because my mom had to be a freakin ***** again!!! seriously!!! i get grounded because my room was messy? WTF?! i can't freakin stand that *****! and then i wonder why people tell me that i'm too stressed out over stupid crap! i can't believe i'm 20 yrs old and still get grounded for stupid ****!!! dammit!!!

Kei-Kei

Smash Cadet
great, so i can't come tommorrow because my mom had to be a freakin ***** again!!! seriously!!! i get grounded because my room was messy? WTF?! i can't freakin stand that *****! and then i wonder why people tell me that i'm too stressed out over stupid crap! i can't believe i'm 20 yrs old and still get grounded for stupid ****!!! dammit!!!
I think it is time for someone to move out... or to tell their parents that you are a grown man and can do whateve ryou want............... ;)

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
I think it is time for someone to move out... or to tell their parents that you are a grown man and can do whateve ryou want............... ;)
please, i've been wanting that for a long time! but i'm not ready, nor do i have the money to do it! and plus, they always threaten to kick me out just so they can have complete control over me! i hate them! they're always holding me back! :mad::mad::mad:

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
please, i've been wanting that for a long time! but i'm not ready, nor do i have the money to do it! and plus, they always threaten to kick me out just so they can have complete control over me! i hate them! they're always holding me back! :mad::mad::mad:
Just clean your room and do things right. I had trouble with my mom before but then I fixed it by cleaning, not talking back, getting good *** grades (though I always get good grades so yeah) and so on.

Top Bottom