• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uair ground lock to falcon punch! *vid inside*

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
Again, with impeccable timing, this may be possible. Fight someone offline and test it.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
On battle field, d-throw makes people hit the low platforms at low % If they Don't DI correctly

Niko_K

Smash Master
Stages have their own set knockback, and when someone is hit into the ground by a force lesser than the knockback of the stage(weight dependent,) the stage won't register the need to make them truly bounce. Instead you bounce off of nothing and thus you are forced to get up, because if you were to hit the stage, the game would register your options to tech and roll.

*Laser Locks, Block Locks, work because their knockback is less than the pre programmed stage knockback, and they continuously bounce off of nothing and a set percentage

Your solution to this is rather simple. DI. These ground locks only work because your opponent had not done anything about getting hit and bounced off the ground, thus causing the lock. It is not from X attack causing the lock..(Though, only X attacks have the pre reqs for the lock to occur)

This is why the famous Fthrow to fair with IC from 0 works until 33 against Bowser as well.

So before you guys blatantly tell me I'm spamming and sarcastically call me a legitimate source. Understand that the majority of you don't even have a thorough understanding of Brawl and never partook in the Melee competitive scene.

Niko_K

Smash Master
It justifies that your overall understanding of Smash Fundamentals are weaker than those who did. In Brawls metagame you can get away with things that you cannot get away with in Melee. Such as not DI'ing. Therefore if you only have played Brawl, you are most likely to not consider every possible mechanic to avoid such a technique, and thus you falsely believe it works.

Thanks for reading my post though.......

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
It justifies that your overall understanding of Smash Fundamentals are weaker than those who did.
No it doesn't. Your full understanding of Brawl's mechanics is not dependant on having played Melee.

Not responding =/= not reading. I read your post. I just didn't care to argue with you, I only felt need to comment on your elitism.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Attention Falcon boards:

STOP BEING STUPID

Niko is right, he's arguing that we cannot lock people in a continuous lock, I'm only interested in the reset that combo's into Falcon punch.......resets are something that Falcon NEEDS in order to become a threat.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Attention Falcon boards:

STOP BEING STUPID

Niko is right, he's arguing that we cannot lock people in a continuous lock, I'm only interested in the reset that combo's into Falcon punch.......resets are something that Falcon NEEDS in order to become a threat.
I know he is right, and the reset?falcon punch is all we are looking into at the moment.
I am going to test the options luigi's mansion has to offer (as mentioned in the Q&A thread: Uthrow>Bair/Uair lock>falcon punch, etc.) later tonight, or tommorrow.

swordgard

Smash Hero
It justifies that your overall understanding of Smash Fundamentals are weaker than those who did. In Brawls metagame you can get away with things that you cannot get away with in Melee. Such as not DI'ing. Therefore if you only have played Brawl, you are most likely to not consider every possible mechanic to avoid such a technique, and thus you falsely believe it works.

And you could also.... tech the dtrow... or JUMP out of it <.<

Niko_K

Smash Master
No it doesn't. Your full understanding of Brawl's mechanics is not dependant on having played Melee.

Not responding =/= not reading. I read your post. I just didn't care to argue with you, I only felt need to comment on your elitism.
I never said understanding Brawl's mechanics is dependent on playing Melee. I implied that, some fundamentals of SSB which are a necessity in game play in Melee, are not always necessary to do in Brawl. Thus, newer Brawl players often overlook certain aspects which could change the situation at hand.

Looking at the join dates of all the users in this thread (I'm not saying join date =/= experience), I made an assumption that the majority of the players in this thread are still learning more and more about Brawl, therefore they do not fully understand the game.

I'm not being an elitist, I'm giving an opinion and justifying it with fact, facts found within the game. So obviously you have a bit more to learn as well.

Attention Falcon boards:

STOP BEING STUPID

I argued that you cannot get a reset if the opponent is competent and aware of the situation.

Therefore these resets are a product of your opponents mistake.

Solutions to this(In order of their occurrence):

1. Tech the D-Throw
2. DI the D-Throw behind and up
3. Jump
4. Airdodge

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Looking at the join dates of all the users in this thread (I'm not saying join date =/= experience)
Lol double negative.

I made an assumption
Well more fool you.

that the majority of the players in this thread are still learning more and more about Brawl, therefore they do not fully understand the game.
Well more fool you. Perhaps you're right. But in this case they're still learning because they're new to Brawl not because they haven't played Melee's competitive scene. There's plenty of people extremely knowledgable about Brawl who never got into Melee.

I'm not being an elitist,
Yes you are.

I'm giving an opinion and justifying it with fact,
Where has this you guys don't understand Brawl becaus eyou never partook in the Melee Scene been proven?

Or maybe it's not a fact but just conjecture? Yes maybe that's the case.

I argued that you cannot get a reset if the opponent is competent and aware of the situation.

Therefore these resets are a product of your opponents mistake.
Oh I'm not trying to argue this. I was just informing you that you were being a prick instead of just letting people know why this isn't guaranteed. ;)

Yes it's the product of a mistake. And it's one hell of a useful product that pretty much all Falcon players wanna look out for that mistake and punish with no? So don't be so quick to shoot people down. It's still a good find.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Can you fthrow onto a platform? Like on Battlefield, standing on the right platform, to the left? If I can get on Brawl, I'll check, it probably doesn't work but I'll see I guess.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Xiahou Dun = internet toughguy
Evidently.

If that term has been redefined to mean "Politely requests people not be ***** when they talk to people and doesn't take kindly to people being douches" I gladly accept the title. If not then how so?

Niko_K

Smash Master
Quoting sentence fragments takes away the implication of a sentence since the full sentence is cut off....
Those points become invalid.

That being said, all of your points quoted were sentence fragments. Taking away what was really said, and arguing a point that I did not even make.

You justify that I wasn't proving why this isn't guaranteed, by telling me I'm being a prick??

I definitely justified why this isn't guaranteed.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Quoting sentence fragments takes away the implication of a sentence since the full sentence is cut off....

That being said, all of your points quoted were sentence fragments. Taking away what was really said, and arguing a point that I did not even make.

You justify that I wasn't proving why this isn't guaranteed, by telling me I'm being a prick??

Yay! Niko went to English class!

(most people won't get it)

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
The term we're looking for is "Takien out of context."

where the hell is this thread going really?

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Please stop this arguement. @Niko, we were never saying this combo was easy to set up, or practiacal. We are still looking for setups, wich will make this harder to avoid (as in, making it harder for the opponent to tech+avoid this). Although the chances are slim, we can still try, as lock>falcon punch racks does good damage, and the Non sweet spotted Bair lock>falcon punch can KO.

And@Xiahou Dun
Calling the other person taking part in the discussion a douche, or something along that line, is never the best option. I agree with you for the most part, but Niko does know his facts (and I am certain you do, too), So this arguement is going nowhere.
Make love, not war, and please help us find a possible setup for this :p

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace

Your mum's invalid.

Sure if I take something out of context it may destroy the implications. but I didn't destroy the implications. I just directly responded to what you said. I was seperating things to make it clear what I'm referring to so there's no confusion. You say "This" and I respond with "That". It works perfectly fine in verbal conversation, and the same with type.

And you still have me wrong. So I guess even if you take it as a whole you can still get the wrong idea. I wasn't saying you're not proving it isn't guaranteed because you're a prick. I agreed that you gave a logical reason for why it wasn't guaranteed but said there's no need to be a prick about it when you're informing people that they are wrong?

Mit

Smash Ace
Stages have their own set knockback, and when someone is hit into the ground by a force lesser than the knockback of the stage(weight dependent,) the stage won't register the need to make them truly bounce. Instead you bounce off of nothing and thus you are forced to get up, because if you were to hit the stage, the game would register your options to tech and roll.

*Laser Locks, Block Locks, work because their knockback is less than the pre programmed stage knockback, and they continuously bounce off of nothing and a set percentage

Your solution to this is rather simple. DI. These ground locks only work because your opponent had not done anything about getting hit and bounced off the ground, thus causing the lock. It is not from X attack causing the lock..(Though, only X attacks have the pre reqs for the lock to occur)

This is why the famous Fthrow to fair with IC from 0 works until 33 against Bowser as well.

So before you guys blatantly tell me I'm spamming and sarcastically call me a legitimate source. Understand that the majority of you don't even have a thorough understanding of Brawl and never partook in the Melee competitive scene.
If you would've just posted this in the first place, you wouldn't have received any flack about it >_>

Anyhow, it does sound like you think that we think the d-throw part works. Reading a bit more you would know we are all well aware that it would never happen like that. We're just talking about if they DO bounce off the stage, regardless of what happened to cause it, we can uair the bounce and Falcon Punch (or other things. We can also bair the bounce).

It's just something good to know should it ever happen (like an unexpected foostool or something), and we're currently trying to find ways to set stuff like this up to occur more often (like Link throwing a bomb down at you and foostooling you as you soon as you bounce upward, then fastfall nairing your bounce).

Top Bottom