• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uair ground lock to falcon punch! *vid inside*

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Its a true combo fools

Full credit goes to Zigma, he's too good.

Its simple, lock them by hitting them with a uair as they bounce off the ground, and immediately do Falcon Punch. They wake up into the Falcon Punch's hitbox.

Works only to 33% on Bowser. I'd assume it works around 30%ish on most of the cast, the lowest being jiggz/GaW because they're light.

Note: After 33%, Bowser wouldn't get locked by uair, therefore breaking the combo.
Oh yeah and TRUE COMBO INTO FALCON PUNCH OMG OMG OMG

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e4e-uQ9xPc

I might do additional testing for the exact percents uair stops locking characters.

Zigma, name the combo. The Zigma Combo? *SOO ORIGINAL BOIZ*

Extra edits: DIing down knocks around 4-8 percent off the lock area, but only works if they DI as the uair hits them. Pretty much, a situational counter to a situational combo. And teching is 352353523525235 times better.

DOWN THROW IS NOT PART OF THE COMBO. Its just a setup to get them onto the ground. The combo is uair ground lock > falcon punch.

Mit

Smash Ace
Neat. I sure wish you could use it at higher percents though. Would be an absolutely gorgeous finisher.

I don't think this is all there is to this though. I think we can figure out how to get it at higher percents.

What if you aerial footstool into a fastfall'd first-hit-nair after they bounce off the ground, and then go into the Falcon Punch? I'm not entirely sure if you tried first-hit nair for this combo, but since it has set knockback, it would work at all percents, unlike uair.

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Neat. I sure wish you could use it at higher percents though. Would be an absolutely gorgeous finisher.

I don't think this is all there is to this though. I think we can figure out how to get it at higher percents.

What if you aerial footstool into a fastfall'd first-hit-nair after they bounce off the ground, and then go into the Falcon Punch? I'm not entirely sure if you tried first-hit nair for this combo, but since it has set knockback, it would work at all percents, unlike uair.
I don't think first hit nair works. I mean, I haven't purposely tested it, but I did try alot of other things as well, and first hit nair made them slide even at 0%. I tried hitting with the tail end of uair, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Edit: With no or poor DI, this is a finisher on the lighter members of the cast, on stages like BF near the sides. While this is even MORE situational than the combo to begin with, its still something to keep in mind.

Also, I noticed that when I hit them with uair and they slid, there was a few frames in which they were stuck in the silly sliding hitstun that DDD causes with his Dthrow. It could lead to psuedo combos, like a grab or dash attack.

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
They can tech it. This is of no value, also, DI exists. We need a farce thread on these boards.

Someone call Hylian. Close this thread.

Mit

Smash Ace
They can tech it. This is of no value, also, DI exists. We need a farce thread on these boards.

You gotta admit though, if they don't tech, this is still useful to know. A lot of times stuff like footstools that are low to the ground come unexpected, and if your opponent did happen to bounce, this would be pretty much the best way to punish it.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Ok..I gotta post now..

I tested this a while back, and it seemed Uair did make the opponent bounce, but it did NOT force a standup.

Try this in training mode, with two controllers, set the CPU to control, make them fall on the ground, Uair them, and hit left or right on the second joystick.

When I tested this they simply rolled away, meaning the Uair did NOT force a standup. Not even before the opponent has 30% damage.
so yeah, this does not work.

Goodbye ^_^
*leaves falcon boards forever*

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
flubbed knee trip? owait nvm they can roll... i just like the offstage falcon kick and sweet knee into offstage punch... this is NOT very useful in a game >.< unless your opponent doesn't do anything on his/her controller like in trainin.

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace

How would DI help you here? DI the falcon punch? You're still landing a falcon punch, and that puts them offstage with ALOT more damage than previously.
This a punisher for not teching, or, if we could possibly land it after a footstool, actual bigtime combo.

Ok..I gotta post now..

I tested this a while back, and it seemed Uair did make the opponent bounce, but it did NOT force a standup.

Try this in training mode, with two controllers, set the CPU to control, make them fall on the ground, Uair them, and hit left or right on the second joystick.

When I tested this they simply rolled away, meaning the Uair did NOT force a standup. Not even before the opponent has 30% damage.
so yeah, this does not work.

Goodbye ^_^
*leaves falcon boards forever*
Because, when I set it to control, I just randomly decided to push UP on the control stick to make them stand up, right?
Just to make sure, I plugged in a second controller and DIed left and right after the dthrow, and when they hit the ground, guess what?

THEY STILL GOT LOCKED.

TKONTK, why did this nonsense have to be your last post? :|

flubbed knee trip? owait nvm they can roll... i just like the offstage falcon kick and sweet knee into offstage punch... this is NOT very useful in a game >.< unless your opponent doesn't do anything on his/her controller like in trainin.
Who are you again?
And you're wrong, by the way.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Why didnyt you try it on a CPU. Although I wonder if you could DI out of the first hit

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
How would DI help you here? DI the falcon punch? You're still landing a falcon punch, and that puts them offstage with ALOT more damage than previously.
This a punisher for not teching, or, if we could possibly land it after a footstool, actual bigtime combo.

Because, when I set it to control, I just randomly decided to push UP on the control stick to make them stand up, right?
Just to make sure, I plugged in a second controller and DIed left and right after the dthrow, and when they hit the ground, guess what?

THEY STILL GOT LOCKED.

Who are you again?
And you're wrong, by the way.
wrong about what?
does it matter who I am?

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
This a punisher for not teching.
It is a good rule of thumb to punish with reliable moves (it hurts me to utter the words, but PAWNCH isn't a reliable move), as to prevent yourself from being punished. Just knee them, or stand them up with a dtilt>uptilt or SH>uair> crouch canceled land> dash attack> whatever you want.

also, wow douchiest statement ever; "Who are you anyway?"

Leaving this argument with dignity and poise has officially been removed as a possibility for you.

I agree that this would be possible to punish, but why this move? Its really extraneous.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Well, if you can land a Falcon Punch, besides it being all cool and manly, it has the best knockback and damage (except both hits of dsmash I think) out of all of Falcon's moves. So if it's a true combo (ok without teching... like most of his combos), then how would it make sense to use a weaker move?

Edit:
wrong about what?
does it matter who I am?
hai Zeus! I know who you are :) We can test this if you want on wifi but I don't have Brawl back yet :/

Zeallyx

THEY STILL GOT LOCKED.

..I'll just handle this with a polite respondse:

Then we must have different games ^_^ I could simply roll away after the Uair made me bounce. That seems odd ^_^
Oh wait, maybe this doesnt work..who would have thought that :O

Too bad..No combo..

Also, I would like to add:
I left this board to stop the 'polution' and to stop 'giving people the wrong idea about falcon'. As my discoveries where 'too much out there', or 'simply ridiculous'.

But this simply doesn't work. This goes beyond giving people the wrong idea, this is simply false information.

Seriously..fix the board guys. I am already helping the board by leaving:)

Goodbye ^_^ (and this time for real. I hope.)

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
..I'll just handle this with a polite respondse:

Then we must have different games ^_^ I could simply roll away after the Uair made me bounce. That seems odd ^_^
Oh wait, maybe this doesnt work..who would have thought that :O

Too bad..No combo..
Same properties as a jab/tilt lock, they must get directly upwards, I just tested myself in training...

Zeallyx

Same properties as a jab/tilt lock, they must get directly upwards, I just tested myself in training...
Dude..Not all attacks that make you 'bounce' when you are laying on the ground force a standup. Uair does NOT force a standup. I tested this weeks ago, and tested it just now, one can simply roll away.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
There are four different uair hitboxes, right? Some people think that the combo works 100% if executed right (and the opponent doesn't tech), and some think it doesn't work at all. To those who say it doesn't work at all, did you try with all four hitboxes?

Zeallyx

There are four different uair hitboxes, right? Some people think that the combo works 100% if executed right (and the opponent doesn't tech), and some think it doesn't work at all. To those who say it doesn't work at all, did you try with all four hitboxes?
I used the same hitbox he used in the vid demonstrating it.
One can simply roll away to avoid the falcon punch..

Player-3

Smash Hero
Dude..Not all attacks that make you 'bounce' when you are laying on the ground force a standup. Uair does NOT force a standup. I tested this weeks ago, and tested it just now, one can simply roll away.
are you hitting with the right part of uairs hitbox

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
If you bounce, it forces a stand-up.

I definitely just did it. ToKneeOrNotToKnee, would you mind recording yourself doing the combo correctly on a Bowser, and then the Bowser rolling away so we can resolve this?

Zeallyx

If you bounce, it forces a stand-up.
No, that is incorrect. Most of the moves who have the 'bouncing' effect do force a standup, but some of those moves (example: falcon's Uair and falcon's non-sweetspotted Bair) do NOT force a standup. guys listen to me: This is NOT inescapable, you can simply roll away.

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
christ stop this dumb ****.

IT DOESN'T WORK. i think i may know a little something about falcon, THIS IS A STUPID "LOAD OF CRAP".

also, Knee, just stick around, CF boards need you and Darx here.

Player-3

Smash Hero
3 people have tested and say it works

1 says it doesnt who has tested it

i would say it works....

Zeallyx

also, Knee, just stick around, CF boards need you and Darx here.
I dont know man..
most of the time, when they see my username, they automatically think what I say is incorrect..
Maybe that is my own fault and all, but man, the boards have gone nowhere fast, I think to really advance/work on falcon's metagame, we have to go to another site/place to discuss this, as this place is full of spam and people who lack certain nesscissary knowledge to discuss this matter.

And @ Face:
I dont have time for that today. I will record+upload tommorrow. But why dont you just take my word..I am not bull****in.

Player-3

Smash Hero
I dont know man..
most of the time, when they see my username, they automatically think what I say is incorrect..
Maybe that is my own fault and all, but man, the boards have gone nowhere fast, I think to really advance/work on falcon's metagame, we have to go to another site/place to discuss this, as this place is full of spam and people who lack certain nesscissary knowledge to discuss this matter.
i dont see your username and think its wrong, youve been right plenty of times before.
when your wrong, you just get a stick up your *** and dont want to admit it

i just lack the certain necessary Console and game..

@blue/red

Z1gman, hazard, face vs knee.. i can count

Red-Blue

Was selected randomly
@blue/red

Z1gman, hazard, face vs knee.. i can count
You obviously can't read either.

Too busy sucking your own ****.

Again, proving my theory:

Audience + Anonymity = Total ****ing Jerkoff.

[I know I'm cursing alot, etc, but Player-3 annoys me sooo much. I know I should let trolls troll, but this one got me good. I've been trolled.]

Top Bottom