• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uair ground lock to falcon punch! *vid inside*

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Hahah both of those paragraphs made me laugh. Sorry, but I am the top five Falcons in the world, so by extension, America. Black, Green, Classic Blue, Pink, and Blood Falcon. You can be Light Blue if you want, but he's the worst.

Footstool on someone in air (but not really high in the air) will keep them in tumbling animation till they bounce on the ground.
Who else is in this top 5 list? o_O

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Nice vid..
You could make a vid of different set ups, such as pushing them off of a platform etc..

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

The name:
Z1gma combo?.. lol sure ^^

Or:
The "wake up kiss"
The "wake up pawnch" ?

Player-3

Smash Hero
Hahah both of those paragraphs made me laugh. Sorry, but I am the top five Falcons in the world, so by extension, America. Black, Green, Classic Blue, Pink, and Blood Falcon. You can be Light Blue if you want, but he's the worst.
Win.

Nice vid..
You could make a vid of different set ups, such as pushing them off of a platform etc..

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

The name:

Or:
The "wake up kiss"
The "wake up pawnch" ?
Morning Sunshine combo!

SecretofMana

Smash Cadet
I would like to apologize for my post earlier...I was hasty in assuming that it wouldn't work based on what I read and briefly saw; my knowledge about locks and their properties is very lacking.
That being said, it would be really awesome if we could get this in a match with another player, but to do that we need to figure out a way to force the reset...hm. Like others have said, the knock-off from a platform is a good idea. I haven't encountered many other scenarios when an opponent is on their back like that. Maybe a team combo with Snake's down-throw? 8D
Not sure a Falcon Punch is the best follow-up...but it is fairly lulzy.

Player-3

Smash Hero
I would like to apologize for my post earlier...I was hasty in assuming that it wouldn't work based on what I read and briefly saw; my knowledge about locks and their properties is very lacking.
That being said, it would be really awesome if we could get this in a match with another player, but to do that we need to figure out a way to force the reset...hm. Like others have said, the knock-off from a platform is a good idea. I haven't encountered many other scenarios when an opponent is on their back like that. Maybe a team combo with Snake's down-throw? 8D
Not sure a Falcon Punch is the best follow-up...but it is fairly lulzy.
No problem, we dont hate on people who make mistakes

And i was thinking.... could a uthrow on battlefield make them reset if it landed them on a platform? one of the side ones of course, since they will have to be at like 30%

edit:
lol would a 360 FP work? (b reversed reverse falcon pawunch)

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Anyone ever try up-air into Footstool? I think it might work.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
My tourney results are in SW Texas, and i don't use anyone else in tourneys so understandably my power ranking as a player is low, but I don't John Falcon for it- i put down the money an play well. Also I hope you gather my asserting that i am good is not to flaunt or claim that i am better, it is simply a moot reassurance of my experience of which many seem too overlook and disregard. Its no matter. I'm not here to impress anyone.
I can testify to the fact he has a Good Falcon.

On the topic at hand however: I don't really have a good way to test this for myself, I don't think it's too likely that this actually works, but I'll wait for Knee's video.

I don't suppose that missed tech -> ftilt lock would work for this, would it?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Snake's Dthrow -> Falcon's Uair = fail, since they don't "bounce" out of the Dthrow.

And i was thinking.... could a uthrow on battlefield make them reset if it landed them on a platform?
Yea, that might be effective. You should try it : )

lol would a 360 FP work? (b reversed reverse falcon pawunch)
I'm afraid not ;/ ... Reversed FP is too slow.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Snake's Dthrow -> Falcon's Uair = fail, since they don't "bounce" out of the Dthrow.

Yea, that might be effective. You should try it : )

I'm afraid not ;/ ... Reversed FP is too slow.
i got no wii... thats why i have to ask other people this stuff ;-;

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
This thread has now become a debate in which the easter bunny is being considered to having actually existed at some point, or moreover, existing currently.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3_35aN1--o

First part of vid: Uair lock>forced standup>falcon punch doesnt work at '30ish'.
Second part of vid: The 'ToKnee combo' lulz

Come on guys, locking>forced standup **** was looked into before..at least I thought it was.

Also, calling my ideas 'out there' and 'rediculous', and considering to use THIS in competitive play..Come on guys..

Also, I am out of here now, forever.
Goodbye ^_^

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3_35aN1--o

First part of vid: Uair lock>forced standup>falcon punch doesnt work at '30ish'.
Second part of vid: The 'ToKnee combo' lulz

Come on guys, locking>forced standup **** was looked into before..at least I thought it was.

Also, calling my ideas 'out there' and 'rediculous', and considering to use THIS in competitive play..Come on guys..

Also, I am out of here now, forever.
Goodbye ^_^
Um, that wasn't even a lock. He didn't even bounce after the U-air. All locks force a stand-up. He could have escaped between being hit by the U-air and hitting the ground, whereas in a lock you can't. And that video was after 30% :ohwell:

You said it did not work, but that was because you were talking about something the OP wasn't. So we weren't wrong.

Zeallyx

Works only to 33% on Bowser. I'd assume it works around 30%ish on most of the cast, the lowest being jiggz/GaW because they're light.
Um, that wasn't even a lock. He didn't even bounce after the U-air. All locks force a stand-up. He could have escaped between being hit by the U-air and hitting the ground, whereas in a lock you can't. And that video was after 30% :ohwell:

You said it did not work, but that was because you were talking about something the OP wasn't. So we weren't wrong.
It was not after thirty percent. It was executed around 26%. Wich was supposed to work.

Zeallyx

No, you must do the U-air at 19% latest, because then the total damage will = 32%, which it says is the limit in the OP.
Something working to 33% means connecting with the first hit of the combo at 33% will make it succeed..

Face124

Smash Ace
Something working to 33% means connecting with the first hit of the combo at 33% will make it succeed..
That is debatable. I certainly didn't interpret it like that, and I doubt p3 did either. And why would HazDoc phrase it that stupidly, he tends to write well. Also, Z1gma didn't say anything, so he interpreted it the way we did.

It looks very much like he was meaning that the punch works up to 33%, as it almost looks like a continuation of the paragraph before...

Zeallyx

That is debatable. I certainly didn't interpret it like that, and I doubt p3 did either. And why would HazDoc phrase it that stupidly, he tends to write well. Also, Z1gma didn't say anything, so he interpreted it the way we did.

It looks very much like he was meaning that the punch works up to 33%, as it almost looks like a continuation of the paragraph before...
Ok. I cannot say anything about the way you interperted it. But I interperted it differently.

Then, as it seems you are right, as this is able to force a standup, only I tried it at a wrong percentage as I thought the OP said that. but as it only works till 19%, and it requires the opponent to miss a tech and you beeing there in their face when that happens, makes considering this for competitive play, silly.

I'm outta here, this time for realz.
Goodbye.

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
can this end now?

(btw thanks Knee for the vid, also Rising Eagle= the sex)

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Ok. I cannot say anything about the way you interperted it. But I interperted it differently.

Then, as it seems you are right, as this is able to force a standup, only I tried it at a wrong percentage as I thought the OP said that. but as it only works till 19%, and it requires the opponent to miss a tech and you beeing there in their face when that happens, makes considering this for competitive play, silly.

I'm outta here, this time for realz.
Goodbye.
You're right most people interpret it the way you did.

So B-air lock works at higher percentages then U-air lock?

Interesting

BTW, you're a cool guy, why are you leaving?

Zeallyx

**** 0.0 this actually led to something

I apologize, to Z1gma, the topic creator and everyone else. uair can lock UP TO 19%. Forcing a standup into a guaranteed FP.(please edit the OP to avoid further confusion)

I will look into the Bair lock now. I will make a thread compiling the info.

Maybe we can even Bair lock multiple times.. :D

My combo (the rising eagle combo) uses the Bair lock>falcon punch, offcourse inspired by this thread, but I created that combo as a joke 0.0. But it actually works..

So imma test everything now and create the thread, so we can discuss the uair lock and Bair lock in different threads.

Again, I apologize, but in my defense, the OP was unclear (at least to me)

And @ Ayaz (and the rest who wants me to leave) Dont worry, after my Bair lock thread I am gone.

And god is my rock, I am leaving because I am poluting the board.

I'll make the thread and leave.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Face124

Smash Ace
I'm sorry knee, I see very much how you could have interprtetd it like that, I apologize. It was all just a big misenterpretation. Knee, tbh, I don't think you can resist the Falcon boards LOL. And anyway. Why should you care what Derceh and Ayaz think? There is no rule against posting discoveries, and you could sen just post the major ones and keep the minor for yourself.

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Nice vid..

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

The name:

Or:
The "wake up kiss"
The "wake up pawnch" ?
When I get some free time I'll brainstorm different ideas and make a vid showing different ways to get the on the ground.

Win.

Morning Sunshine combo!
LOL too good.
That would be a win name.

I can testify to the fact he has a Good Falcon.

On the topic at hand however: I don't really have a good way to test this for myself, I don't think it's too likely that this actually works, but I'll wait for Knee's video.

I don't suppose that missed tech -> ftilt lock would work for this, would it?
See the 3 hit ftilt lock thread, the thread that spawned this one.

What I meant is on bowser, the highest percent at which you can hit him with the locking uair would be 33%. The dthrow is simply the move I used to get him onto the ground, it has no bearing on the combo. I showed jigglypuff because she has the lowest percent of which you can land a locking uair.

I should test this on all characters and compile a list of the percent at which uair no longer locks.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
so..............now that all the fighting is over.........wanna discuss ways to get this to work?

i'm thinking Uthrow works at low % at the top platform, cause Niko does it to me with Marf.....so maybe it'll work with Falcon.

and I think you can SH footstools so that Falcon doesn't fly 200 feet in the air, so there are possible set-ups.

Also, Knee stop being so Emo..........I don't want this to end up like a NIko vs. Dark.Pch war......

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
No, Knee, don't leave. A lot of us appreciate your work D=
NOOOOOOOoooOOOOooOOOOoooooOOO

Player-3

Smash Hero
Do you guys know if falcon can jab lock? If he can, the Falcon punch would probably connect as well. That'd be crazy:D
it cant sadly... that was pretty much the first thing i tried to do when i saw the jab lock on the sonic boards

:(

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Yes rly.

10chars
trufax

Do you guys know if falcon can jab lock? If he can, the Falcon punch would probably connect as well. That'd be crazy:D
He can tilt lock with ftilt, there's a thread, it's all explained in the OP. And I don't know a lot about the tilt lock in terms of what you can do when you end it or if that has been brought up, but that sounds feasible.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Wow I actually enjoyed this combo. Making Falcon more playable centimeter by centimeter. Keep the meta game going though

200 Post

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
THEORY!

maybe Lionmans autosnap raptor boost can set-up well for a ledge hoped Uair?

aerial raptor boost seems to send people at a low height, and because of the autosnap there's no landing lag, allowing for a quick Uair

note this is only a THEORY, it can work

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
sounds sane to me, just account for the time between when the move starts and when you actually appear over safe ground again. Timing seems like the only problem, also trajectory of the opponent when hit by the Lioncancel. Test it.

Good luck

Wogrim

Smash Lord
THEORY!

maybe Lionmans autosnap raptor boost can set-up well for a ledge hoped Uair?

aerial raptor boost seems to send people at a low height, and because of the autosnap there's no landing lag, allowing for a quick Uair

note this is only a THEORY, it can work
I don't think you can UAir before they're too far away. You're not talking about a ground lock are you?

Top Bottom