• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uair ground lock to falcon punch! *vid inside*

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
I never said understanding Brawl's mechanics is dependent on playing Melee. I implied that, some fundamentals of SSB which are a necessity in game play in Melee, are not always necessary to do in Brawl. Thus, newer Brawl players often overlook certain aspects which could change the situation at hand.

Looking at the join dates of all the users in this thread (I'm not saying join date =/= experience), I made an assumption that the majority of the players in this thread are still learning more and more about Brawl, therefore they do not fully understand the game.

I'm not being an elitist, I'm giving an opinion and justifying it with fact, facts found within the game. So obviously you have a bit more to learn as well.

I argued that you cannot get a reset if the opponent is competent and aware of the situation.

Therefore these resets are a product of your opponents mistake.

Solutions to this(In order of their occurrence):

1. Tech the D-Throw
2. DI the D-Throw behind and up
3. Jump
4. Airdodge
*cough*

Umm, just one problem with this.

DTHROW ISN'T PART OF THE COMBO OMG.

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
^I thought that part had been settled, but I guess it got lost in the 11 pages of ... I honestly don't know what that was.
Some kind of death ray.

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
I guess that in light of these blatant references to drug use and its intellectually defunct proliferation therein, coupled with livid and gloriously circular arguments about what color white paper is, I assume I'll stop before this thread becomes overcrowded with the menial and haphazard contributions I have obviously defecated upon it so recklessly. I am a goon. and apologize for it.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
I guess that in light of these blatant references to drug use and its intellectually defunct proliferation therein, coupled with livid and gloriously circular arguments about what color white paper is, I assume I'll stop before this thread becomes overcrowded with the menial and haphazard contributions I have obviously defecated upon it so recklessly. I am a goon. and apologize for it.
*****ing about people's posts is much more counterproductive then the posts themselves most of the time.

Red-Blue

Was selected randomly
STOP BEING SO STUPID

:)

LOL. Really. Go cry and whine somewhere else. We don't need this crap over here. Niko_K comes in here, instant problems. So I guess, Niko_K go byebye.

Seriously, all of you. Get the fu[gg] out of this thread, and try again later.

Niko_K

Smash Master
STOP BEING SO STUPID

:)

LOL. Really. Go cry and whine somewhere else. We don't need this crap over here. Niko_K comes in here, instant problems. So I guess, Niko_K go byebye.

Seriously, all of you. Get the fu[gg] out of this thread, and try again later.
So, because I came into this thread and gave you guys a detailed synopsis of why this doesn't work and the mechanics behind this, I'm being an issue? Sorry for trying to help you guys out. I'm not the cause of the instant problems, everyones immature responses and reactions to my posts are the cause of the problems.

Sorry for not posting in great details why I believe this doesn't work right from the start. I said this doesn't work. Then someone asked me to justify why. I did with true facts and now I'm a spammer.

I honestly thought it was kind of common sense...

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
So, because I came into this thread and gave you guys a detailed synopsis of why this doesn't work and the mechanics behind this, I'm being an issue? Sorry for trying to help you guys out. I'm not the cause of the instant problems, everyones immature responses and reactions to my posts are the cause of the problems.

Sorry for not posting in great details why I believe this doesn't work right from the start. I said this doesn't work. Then someone asked me to justify why. I did with true facts and now I'm a spammer.

I honestly thought it was kind of common sense...
If I recall correctly you posted why this isn't guaranteed. This is something we already knew, as we know this is only possible if the opponent misses a tech.
We know this is quite situational and hard to set up, but that is why we are looking for ways to actually set this up with a higher succes rate.
Don't get me wrong, I am not implying you are spamming, or should've never posted in this topic.:)

Niko_K

Smash Master
I wish there was a way to not sound like a pessimist about this, but there is just no way to "actually set this up" with a high success rate.

Zeallyx

I wish there was a way to not sound like a pessimist about this, but there is just no way to "actually set this up" with a high success rate.
I know, the odds are against this working out, as in theory, all good players will rarely miss a tech, making this too situational to use as a pro for falcon, or even use it as a plus for falcon in a matchup discussion (for example).
But, there are ways to make the opponent land on a platform above falcon (if any) immediatly after a Dthrow, at certain percents, this does boost the odds of the opponent missing the/a tech. Although DI has to be taken into consideration, this is a way (not a 100% working way, as the fact stays, this requires the opponent to make a mistake) to set this up.
We are searching for more ways to set this up, like the way I mentioned.
But I agree that as this always requires the opponent to make a mistake, this is not reliable.

Niko_K

Smash Master
This has NOTHING to do with the tech. You pretty much need to not be using your controller in order for this to work.

For this to work(in order of events):

1. Must be, at the highest, below 33%.
2. Miss the Tech
3. Don't DI
4. Don't Jump
5. Hope you hit with the edge of U-Air
6. Don't Air Dodge
7. Lock works

Zeallyx

This has NOTHING to do with the tech. You pretty much need to not be using your controller in order for this to work.

For this to work(in order of events):

1. Must be, at the highest, below 33%.
2. Miss the Tech
3. Don't DI
4. Don't Jump
5. Hope you hit with the edge of U-Air
6. Don't Air Dodge
7. Lock works
Wait..
You miss the tech, then during the bounce, you will get Uaired/Baired (assuming it works), then no DI, nor a jump nor an Air dodge (as you are on the ground, how can one airdodge..) can save you..:confused:

Teh Future

Smash Master
you cannot tech or jump once you get upaired.

The amount of DI you input is probably not enough to get you out of range from the falcon pawnch (unless you're like luigi probably lol)

They have no setups to get into this position. That's what they are looking into. They know people aren't going to fall ten feet from the air and land with a bounce right in front of them.

The dthrow was not part of the real setup the OP was trying to show...

Niko_K

Smash Master
1. I was talking about the D-Throw(I know its not part of it)
2.You DI the U-Air.....therefore you dont bounce

How are you supposed to magically find setups for something that is escapable?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer

Come on man, they play Falcon... let hem have this!

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
There is no way to win with Falcon with a high success rate. This is just one thing that can help. And one way not to sound like a pessimist is to not post here... everyone understands that if there is a tech, there is no bounce animation, and therefore no lock.

Zeallyx

Teching, DI'ing, Jumping, Airdodging will all save you from it.
so in short: missing the tech sums up NOT doing all these actions.
We know how one can avoid this:)

And DI doesnt nesccisseraly save you, once you get locked, you are locked.
And saying techs are never missed, would be lying.

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
lol i thought this was pretty cool, even if theres a low success rate xD

There is no way to win with Falcon with a high success rate. This is just one thing that can help. And one way not to sound like a pessimist is to not post here... everyone understands that if there is a tech, there is no bounce animation, and therefore no lock.
indeed

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace

Well.

Doing a EENSY WEENSY bit of testing, I decided to humor your argument.

I went into training mode, swapped bowser to me, DIed up, and performed the uair lock.

And guess what? I think it took 1% off the lock > paunch! WOW OMG YOU WERE RIGHT!

_fenrir_

Smash Rookie
can you get the **** out of here. if were trying to find setups then leave us alone. the only thing you're doing is creating negative vibes. we are trying to higher the percentage of this actually working. you aren't doing anything thats helpful. falcon mains should make use of everything that has potential. you dont even main falcon so why are you worrying about us?

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Learn which way to DI please.
So, I which way should I be DIing? Straight up did nothing, and straight down did nothing. Should I start throwing the controller? I might get a bit of SDI that way...

This doesn't look like it works, looks like the opponent can Tech, if he did it with a level 9 evasion CPU then I'd believe him.
This tech is if they do NOT tech, the uair locks and the stand up into a Punch.

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Ok, I did some testing, a bit more hardcore, and DIing down takes about 6-8 percent off of it. Of course, thats PRE uair DI. DIing after the uair seems futile. Of course, this is assuming the opponent is DIing at all, because they probably didn't even expect to get knocked down to begin with... Natural DI is usually Up and away...

Anyways, throwing the controller was also moderately fun, I only got one good test result because the rest of the time bowser threw out an aerial. XD

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
I think the argument of DI is stupid..........Seriosuly who the F*CK will see this coming?

the argument of Di is like saying all melee combos don't work if you have good DI.......the probability of human reaction is very low of avoiding this attack.

Niko_K

Smash Master
The arguement of DI isn't stupid...I don't think I need to explain myself anymore.

I think I'm going to leave this thread due to how ******** it is. How can you test if you don't even know exactly what to test for and how to test for it.

Alright though, have fun with your AT....

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
The arguement of DI isn't stupid...I don't think I need to explain myself anymore.

I think I'm going to leave this thread due to how ******** it is. How can you test if you don't even know exactly what to test for and how to test for it.

Alright though, have fun with your AT....
I'm going to respect your opinion in the possibility that you are correct, don't leaveee. :(
Which way would you DI if put into this situation after you hit the floor and hit by bair/uair?
Also, I can't imagine any ways of setting this up besides in a team match or with a wall.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Also if theyre holding shield, it will buffer powershield as falcon punch hits. Just tested that too.

Stick with jab lock to F smash.

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
I sure wish we had a jab lock.
Though it would create a large imbalance between the usefulness of Falcon's attacks...
jab>everything else combined.

Roager

Smash Ace
I sure wish we had a jab lock.
Though it would create a large imbalance between the usefulness of Falcon's attacks...
jab>everything else combined.
Yes, that would be terrible.

Much worse than back in Melee when the Knee > everything else combined.

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Awesome stuff. What was the bot set to by the way?

We should try to make a video of this being done in real matches =3

Player-3

Smash Hero
just thought of something...

what about a grounded Dair under one of the shorter platforms on battlefield?

would that put enough hitstun on them so they couldnt airdodge, and if they missed the tech you could uair to paunch?

Top Bottom