• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS 4 - Philadelphia, PA - Feb 7/8 NATIONAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
lol at 1% chance
You're right, that's too high.

Hylian said:
I like challenges :p.

I'm also increadibly good in teams. Better then singles actually lol. The last time both of us were at a tournament I placed higher then you in teams and I'm pretty sure your teammate was better then mine haha. Since then I've gotten even better in teams. I've seen your results, I'm not underestimating you guys at all I just think it will be really fun . Double GW is an amazing team haha.
Me too, and you and OBM are good.

I am far better in teams than I am in singles. At a semi-recent MD/VA tourny, Atomsk and I beat Snakeee and Shadow, NEO and Boss, G-reg and Hova, and ChuDat and Forte to take 1st. I then got 9th in singles after losing to Plank and Snakeee (I beat NEO and Chillin but placed low anyways lol). I know exactly how you feel.

lol @ counting FAST1....that was more than half a year ago, dude. ~_~

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
lol @ counting FAST1....that was more than half a year ago, dude. ~_~
This is why I'm a bit unnerved at the thought of this tournament. I'm a bit afraid that I'm not going to be up to snuff. Then again, I said that when I went to FAST1, as well.

But, I sure hope I do well!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
This is why I'm a bit unnerved at the thought of this tournament. I'm a bit afraid that I'm not going to be up to snuff. Then again, I said that when I went to FAST1, as well.

But, I sure hope I do well!
Um you just won a big tournament the other day with good FL players at it. You beat HRNUT, dude. You're obviously still really good.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Ok but I'm just warning you that statisically you have like 1% chance of winning because M2K isn't on your team LOL. I don't want to sound too arrogant but it's been the truth in this region since after October 25th.
LOL

But honestly, it would be a huge accomplishment if you guys place second at this tournament. I believe that M2K + [insert teammate name here] isn't even a lock for first this time around (He's with Bum I believe). Azen and DSF is just scary, and the number one teams from numerous regions will be showing up.

If you guys place second to M2K and Bum, it's 100% official that you are the best team in Brawl besides M2K + [insert teammate name here] :laugh:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If OBM and I win will GW be banned in doubles?

LOL

Inui

Banned via Warnings
LOL

But honestly, it would be a huge accomplishment if you guys place second at this tournament. I believe that M2K + [insert teammate name here] isn't even a lock for first this time around (He's with Bum I believe). Azen and DSF is just scary, and the number one teams from numerous regions will be showing up.

If you guys place second to M2K and Bum, it's 100% official that you are the best team in Brawl besides M2K + [insert teammate name here] :laugh:
I'm honestly expecting no worse than 2nd or 3rd if we play well. :D Being a top doubles team is really important to me, so I'm actually gunning for 1st.

Seibrik said:
ur better in teams cuz u have a team mate to cover ur mistakes :p
LOL

I camp a lot and cover for Atomsk while he plays extremely aggressive. He takes my stocks a lot. :bee:

Atomsk and I have a big advantage over any other team in the nation, which is how we consistently overcome teams with better players on them (teh_spamerer/Bum, Ally/Holy, and ChuDat/Forte have higher skill totals on them imo, but they all lost). Atomsk doesn't want me explaining it though, boooo....

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
that's cuz you play snake...the only threat to G&W in doubles
QFT!!! lol.

Allthough I don't think snakes nearly as bad in doubles vs GW when compared to singles >_>.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
What, 55/45 turns into 60/40? Game and Watch can't have anything worse than that. He is too good.
Snakes grenade camping shuts down GW hard. It's easily his worst match-up. I personally think it's 70-30. He has pretty much 0 options to kill snake.

I'd rather not argue about match-ups in this thread though. We can do that in person lol.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
yea snake buttrapes gdubs hard, the gdubs has to be good and play cautious and smart to win. i love ftilting gdubs and he goes flyyyying away, and then i look down and hes at like 60% looool, hes like a piece of paper

Inui

Banned via Warnings
i think atomsk should do any and all of the seeding.
Even if I have to fight my way to the laptop, I'll make sure Atomsk, myself, dmbrandon, Keitaro, other trusted NJ people, etc. look over the brackets and help with seeding. No offense to Chibo, but he's made some horrific mistakes before. I'm also 100% sure I'm way more knowledgable when it comes to OOS players.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can help you guys with OOS seeding, or at least give my input if you want.

Also, G-reg we haven't played since FC!!!! We need to get some games in :).

Edit:

Pools should auto seed into brackets. Pools are what your are going to need to try and seed fairly.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Since I click every results and power rankings thread I ever see, I can do a pretty good job when it comes to OOS players. I think having an active player or two from every region help with the seeding is a good idea. For example, Hylian can help with Southwest/TX, Seibrik with FL, ChuDat with MD/VA, etc.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Since I click every results and power rankings thread I ever see, I can do a pretty good job when it comes to OOS players. I think having an active player or two from every region help with the seeding is a good idea. For example, Hylian can help with Southwest/TX, Seibrik with FL, ChuDat with MD/VA, etc.

agreed I'd help with NYC

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, you'd be my ideal pick for NYC if I were Chibo.

@Hylian: dmbrandon and I will also teams MM you and OBM. I get to win your money twice with two different people!? Nah jk...or am I? Super Knight and Snake will probably be our team. I'll camp like a homo while Brandon ***** the balls off of you guys. :]

HAT

Smash Ace
bad plan. having more than 2 or 3 people look at the bracket is always horrendous.

i say 3 people seed- someone from MD/VA.. a cooter, an H2YL, or me- we all have a lot of experience with it

one from PA/NJ, who I think should be Inui, though he definitely ****ed up with the regional seeding at doom's, so people should watch regional seeding. nothing personal inui, it's all good.

and 1 from NY- I don't have a ****ing clue who that would be. NL? BUM? i don't know.

if midwest or west coast plans to attend this in some fashion, hopefully someone's knowledgeable in that as well, though i think we know that -random east coast scrub- gets seeded higher than -dsf- as far as coastal skill level is concerned. =P

i'm definitely going to this, by the way. and like inui said, even if i have to fight my way through to help, i'm going to help. tournaments not being run properly is never a good thing.

oh and lastly, chibo, it's not that we don't trust you, it's just that you don't have the same OOS experience we all have. =0

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
bad plan. having more than 2 or 3 people look at the bracket is always horrendous.

i say 3 people seed- someone from MD/VA.. a cooter, an H2YL, or me- we all have a lot of experience with it

one from PA/NJ, who I think should be Inui, though he definitely ****ed up with the regional seeding at doom's, so people should watch regional seeding. nothing personal inui, it's all good.

and 1 from NY- I don't have a ****ing clue who that would be. NL? BUM? i don't know.

if midwest or west coast plans to attend this in some fashion, hopefully someone's knowledgeable in that as well, though i think we know that -random east coast scrub- gets seeded higher than -dsf- as far as coastal skill level is concerned. =P

i'm definitely going to this, by the way. and like inui said, even if i have to fight my way through to help, i'm going to help. tournaments not being run properly is never a good thing.

oh and lastly, chibo, it's not that we don't trust you, it's just that you don't have the same OOS experience we all have. =0

def not one of those I would be the best no offense to them but im the community leader in nyc i just dont post cause i like to talk in person

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'm not perfect, but...

http://allisbrawl.com/brackets/bracket3880.gif : The two MD teams were seeded completely apart and never even faced each other.

http://allisbrawl.com/brackets/bracket3881.gif : The earliest NEO and Vist could have played is 3rd round pending an upset on Vist's part. The earliest you and DK Smash could have fought was 3rd round pending DK Smash pulled off a big upset as well.

The members of each doubles team from MD were seeded completely apart from their partners.

I don't think the seeding was bad at all, especially when you consider all of the other crew/area considerations I had to make.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I've helped seed at almost every tournament I've attended lol. I'd like to at least give input for OOS. I've been around and keep up with stuff :p. I don't even need to see the brackets lol.

Also, if there are pools they should seed into the brackets. The brackets shouldn't be messed with, it's the pools that need seeding to avoid death pools.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I've helped seed at almost every tournament I've attended lol. I'd like to at least give input for OOS. I've been around and keep up with stuff :p. I don't even need to see the brackets lol.

Also, if there are pools they should seed into the brackets. The brackets shouldn't be messed with, it's the pools that need seeding to avoid death pools.
Hylian is 2 real and 2 good.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
wait wtf inui there was only 4 MD people at that tournament, how would you not put them each on a quadrant of the bracket? thats ****ing awful seeding lol. thats like if you, atomsk, blackwaltz, and dmbrandon all came to an md/va tourney, and i put you and DM in the same quadrant and atomks/blackwaltz in the same quadrant, absolutely no chance for the 4 of them to make it to semis. step it up

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
how about we just do it correctly and enjoy ourselves...if we all work together no bull**** can happen.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
wait wtf inui there was only 4 MD people at that tournament, how would you not put them each on a quadrant of the bracket? thats ****ing awful seeding lol. thats like if you, atomsk, blackwaltz, and dmbrandon all came to an md/va tourney, and i put you and DM in the same quadrant and atomks/blackwaltz in the same quadrant, absolutely no chance for the 4 of them to make it to semis. step it up
I had to make considerations for NJ's crews as well. There was also a little matter of seeding by skill that had to be taken into account. I couldn't switch someone like Vist or DK Smash into ADHD or my own seeds, obviously, since we were seeded highly.

That's not awful seeding at all. Other fighting game communities don't even care about regional/crew seeding after 1st round, lol. Smashers are far more fortunate.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
as long as i dont have to play meep or chu/azen im streezy

inui you obviously did make considerations for NJs crews. you couldve easily switched vist with the other 4 people in your bracket, or switched DK/Hat with the 2 peeps on spammerers side. its not a big deal im not tryin to chew you out im sure they didnt care, but its simple to make things fair when theres only 4 OOS people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom