• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ToS Presents: Beyond the Limit - Philadelphia, PA - May 16 - AWESOME TOURNEY!!

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Really? You said u didn't like it at kaylo's tournament. But yea peach is so good in brawl+lol. And chu made me like the game even more!!! Lol yall killed pa at apex but lets do a brawl+ crew battle! O YEA!!!!!

Peach and Ivy is ****** this tournament Ask J cease. He knows all about my plant of ****! lol
Kirby

10:kirby:'s
What part of 10 muthaf**king :kirby:'s didn't you understand?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
i dont even use marth in brawl+

ill probably do brawl friendlies or try to play melee if there is any lol

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Philly, you're still on my revenge list for beating me in Kaylo's tourney, but it's not like a serious I hate your guts, but more of, I HAVE to **** you in Brawl+. As well as in Brawl, I think you beat me in the AiB ladder a while back....I don't forget.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
EVERYONE BRING TVs!

I will waive the venue fee if you bring one.

The more TVs we have, the better of a tourney we'l have.

Also remember homebrew enabled Wiis.

edit: im'a have a live stream runnin at this event, itl be too cool

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
o thats right, jcaez is bringin his standard armada of 3 tvs right? that helps a lot

we have those 3, my 2, theres one in the venue that ppl have always used fine though ppl complained about it lagging at my last biweekly (but no one ever noticed it b4, i dont get it), so thatl be for friendlies.

theres a chance andyg can bring a couple, and rush might be able to bring one. i would like to get 8 setups total.

il have livestream running at the event also. i need to find a way to get a recording setup. its not as important since infinite replays.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I i can get a ride from matt i can bring a tv as well. When is the earliest we can come? I need as many friendlies as i can get since i havent played in weeks. My sd slot is broke. Anyone know how to fix a wii sd slot?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I i can get a ride from matt i can bring a tv as well. When is the earliest we can come? I need as many friendlies as i can get since i havent played in weeks. My sd slot is broke. Anyone know how to fix a wii sd slot?
earliest u can be there is 10am

im not sure how to fix it, but il attempt to take a look at it if i have time sat morn, i could use the setups. same thing happened to beat.

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
I'm still trying to figure out what way to get there if I drive what about parking does the Hall have parking near it? Free? Parking Meter? Whats the Rate? Anyone know how much a train would be from Lansdale to 30th street station? I can't seem to find a good train site that will tell me how to buy tickets and ****

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
septa.org will have all the schedules and prices for a train, it shouldnt be much at all

parking isnt too tough on weekends. just look around the streets near the venue, and read the signs on each street to make sure your safe to park there. I know for instance the street i live on, baring (two blocks north of the venue if u look on a map) is normally 2 hour parking but free on weekends.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
o thats right, jcaez is bringin his standard armada of 3 tvs right? that helps a lot
I dunno yet. I got a full truck and it doesn't exactly have a trunk, so I gotta figure out a way to bring my TVs. For COT4 I brought 2 TVs in a trash can strapped down in the bed of my truck.

I need as many friendlies as i can get since i havent played in weeks.
Pssh get outta here son, we played for hours last weekend :laugh:

parking isnt too tough on weekends. just look around the streets near the venue, and read the signs on each street to make sure your safe to park there. I know for instance the street i live on, baring (two blocks north of the venue if u look on a map) is normally 2 hour parking but free on weekends.
Is this at the same place as COT4? Because that was on a weekend too and parking was horrible.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Is this at the same place as COT4? Because that was on a weekend too and parking was horrible.
its close, but not the same, its a few blocks north of the CoT4 venue, about 4 blocks or so. It's closer to a bit more of a rural area of university city (not like a farm tho lol) but like where all the houses and such are instead of businesses and drexel buildings. its right on the edge of campus. in that area outside of campus (around powelton and baring streets specifcally) its easier to find parking for free. i know specifically im almost always able to find parking on the street i live on, baring between 33rd and 32nd.

im not sure if there was some other event going on during cot4 or something that made it worse, but the more south you are, towards the cot4 venue, the tougher it gets for parking. this is in a slightly better area.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord

So...me and YeHs?

I'm a scumbag for going to philly because I went to play MBAA after the tourney and YeHs is a scumbag because he doesn't like Brawl. Great logic.

Missing my birthday as well as my girlfriend's birthday while on a personal note I didn't see you for a while.
Also going to Chibo's tourney.

Yah, that's kind of crumby. ):
Though anyone going is still cool (fyi, I like Chibo. Not as a tourney hoster, but as a person in general)

Saying again. You guys are scumbags. :3

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
septa.org will have all the schedules and prices for a train, it shouldnt be much at all

I was checking out septa.org and found the info I need now I just need to know what station to go to TheCape said 30th street station? Cuz the train is pretty cheap actually. Can you buy tickets online? How fare is the station from Myer Hall?

shanus

Smash Hero
Missing my birthday as well as my girlfriend's birthday while on a personal note I didn't see you for a while.

Though anyone going is still cool (fyi, I like Chibo. Not as a tourney hoster, but as a person in general)

Yeah but Brawl+ is that cool!

Vist

Smash Champion
hmm, im thinking of coming if I could possibly carpool up there. I played some B+ a little last night and it seems worth making it out to a tourney to see it on a larger scale.

anyone coming from md/va that could add me in for some carpoolage?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
hmm, im thinking of coming if I could possibly carpool up there. I played some B+ a little last night and it seems worth making it out to a tourney to see it on a larger scale.

anyone coming from md/va that could add me in for some carpoolage?
Yeah, me, Turbo, SteveH, Gonzo, and Count Kaiser (a player from Stevenson) are all going up in my truck (it's full though). Slikvik, Boss, and Thunderhorse have expressed some interest in coming, but I'm not sure what the final verdict was for them. You should talk to Vik.

Lol that was doubles. I need 1v1 training.
We played some 1v1s too, don't lie :p

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I was checking out septa.org and found the info I need now I just need to know what station to go to TheCape said 30th street station? Cuz the train is pretty cheap actually. Can you buy tickets online? How fare is the station from Myer Hall?
go to 30th st
its walkable from there

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I know I'm probably going to regret this with TV whores like JCaesar lol, but

WE NEED SETUPS!

sooooo

here is the new discount setup for people bringing setups:

Bring a TV and Brawl+ Ready Wii: Free Venue
Every additional TV and Brawl+ Ready Wii: $5

Meaning, if you provide a TV and Brawl+ Ready Wii, then I will hand you $5. So say JCaesar brings 3 TVs and 3 Game Setups, I will hand him $15 for it ($5 of which can go towards the venue if you think of it that way so it's free venue)

If JCaesar doesn't have 3 game setups and brings one along with his 3 TVs, he can partner up with people who brought just game setups to help get the discount! Then they can do what they want with the $5, perhaps split it between them since without the other one they wouldn't have been able to get the discount.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Awesome, free moneys!

Anyways, slight change of plans, I'm gonna borrow my mom's Expedition so I can take a few more peeps from MD/VA, plus have extra luggage room. So Vist you can ride with us.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Hey Vist, if you come, bring that handy-dandy screwdriver of yours. I have another controller I need modded, and a few friends of mine expressed a lot of interest at these revamped shoulder buttons.

I'm looking at you, phillyrider...

teh_spamerer

Smash Master

I didn't know it was going to be your birthday :o. Hope you have lots of fun. I might have came but the arcade in philly is stupid and doesn't like getting money so they're getting rid of new Melty soon, which is the primary reason I'm going to this.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Super sad face that Skip and Blacka bailed...

Hey Vist, if you come, bring that handy-dandy screwdriver of yours. I have another controller I need modded, and a few friends of mine expressed a lot of interest at these revamped shoulder buttons.

I'm looking at you, phillyrider...
I am also expressing interest at revamped shoulder buttons (I've gotten sick to my stomach with the current spring-y crap.)

Can't wait for this.

Roxas215

Smash Lord

I didn't know it was going to be your birthday :o. Hope you have lots of fun. I might have came but the arcade in philly is stupid and doesn't like getting money so they're getting rid of new Melty soon, which is the primary reason I'm going to this.

Wait wtf??? 40th and spruce got the new melty blood???? IM THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom