• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ToS Presents: Beyond the Limit - Philadelphia, PA - May 16 - AWESOME TOURNEY!!

Ch!bi

Smash Cadet
It's a money match, but instead of the winner getting money, the loser does "x" amount of ***** ups, "x" being predetermined and agreed upon both players before the start of a set.

Now, a ***** up is very similar to a push up. The only difference is at the peak of every push up, you must say "I'm your *****."
XD Got it. Thanks, TUSM.

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
I'm going to get my *** ***** in this game. Are we only going to get TVs for the tournaments or will we have some side TVs for the people who lose like the first round (me...)

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
well i was going to go to see like 3 or 4 people who are no longer going... guess ill catch the live stream. i've stuff to do anyways

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
It's a money match, but instead of the winner getting money, the loser does "x" amount of ***** ups, "x" being predetermined and agreed upon both players before the start of a set.

Now, a ***** up is very similar to a push up. The only difference is at the peak of every push up, you must say "I'm your *****."
I'll MM people in ***** ups next time i'm at a Philly tournament. Actually, forget that. How about 'god-ups' instead?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT EVERYONE!

I just launched my newest website, Following Revolution: Tourney Central, or FRTC for short. This website will act as a supplement to tournaments, sort of like the popular Get Your Tournament site on the West Coast, but a bit different.

This site will have pages for each tournament on the website, where on each page you have basic information, the livestream for the event, a separate chatroom (that can be used during the stream, or when its off air), links to videos from the event hosted on the site, images of the bracket in progress, and more!

You can visit FRTC here: http://followingrevolution.com/frtc/

Additionally, Beyond the Limit will be hosted on FRTC with it's own page here: http://followingrevolution.com/frtc/?page_id=5

The site is still a work in progress, and some things will likely change in the future, but its fully functional now and ready for Beyond the Limit!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Thank you everyone who attended Beyond the Limit!

I'd like to personally congratulate the winners of the tournament, AndyG, MexiMadnez, Teh_Spamerer, GuruKid, Blackanese, and RyokoYaksa, all who placed top 3 in either Singles, Doubles or both.

It was amazing watching Brawl+ played at such a high and competitive level, it really re-kindled my love for the game. AndyG with the Olimar and everyone's favorite - Falcon, MexiMadnez with this being the first time playing Brawl+ in about 6 months, and Teh_Spamerer with the drive to win, and a truly nasty Fox. Blackanese and GuruKid were beast at Doubles, very impressive.

The commentary on the final matches was obviously hilarious by myself, Phillyrider, Truth, and Count Kaiser. My Professor Birch-like knowledgeable commentary was too good! Get at me!

The interactive livestream with the polls was hilarious! The results from them will be up as well soon!

JCaesar is awesome for living up to his end of the *****-up match, I was so scared I would have to do it :/
It takes a real man to do it!

My condolences to Shell, who had his van broken into last night while parked in Philly.

Thanks to the WBR for helping me get a solid codeset and for building this game to what it is today. Squirtle, Marth, and Fox are too broken! :laugh:

A BIG special thanks to the out of state attendance at the event! Not only did we have the locals, but we had players from NJ, from NY, MD, as north as RI, and as far out west as Ohio and Arizona! WTF! You guys helped make this tourney stand out amongst all others!

That about wraps up my generic shoutoutz, specific ones will be up when I make the results.

I will work on getting results up within the hour. The FR Tourney Central site worked awesome for it's first use. You can check it out here, with the page for BtL here. At the BtL page on FRTC, you can find the chatroom, images of the bracket (soon to be updated so their filled out), and videos from the event (low quality with commentary, high quality will be uploaded tomorrow). These videos can be found in the ustream window on the page.

So I'll start working on results. Post some of your thoughts here about the tourney, and check out FRTC for more cool media from the tourney today.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I had a great time, as always, despite not liking this game. This game is SO horrible and the have SO much work to do on it. If you learn anything from this tourney, it should be that this Brawl+ thing is so far from completion, that they should just give up and scrap this whole project and live with Brawl.

Thanks to Brawl plus, I no longer remember to momentum cancel in regular Brawl

B+ doubles is ok...........

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
So me and ninjalink were on the train. We made a bet about who'd get home first and post on SWF...i'm just here to say, GET ***** NUGGUH.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
So me and ninjalink were on the train. We made a bet about who'd get home first and post on SWF...i'm just here to say, GET ***** NUGGUH.
Truth. You are the greatest. I want you commenting on every Brawl+ stream. For the rest of life.

I love you so much.

All homo.

I had a great time, as always, despite not liking this game. This game is SO horrible and the have SO much work to do on it. If you learn anything from this tourney, it should be that this Brawl+ thing is so far from completion, that they should just give up and scrap this whole project and live with Brawl.

Thanks to Brawl plus, I no longer remember to momentum cancel in regular Brawl

B+ doubles is ok...........

LOL. Why live with something we dont like. if it came down to scraping B+, instead of going back to Brawl, we can just stop smash, or go back to Melee, OR GO BACK TO OUR ROOTS. SSB64 ******.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Lol me and truth commentating was so funny. While i think TUSM is being a little harsh on the game i do sort of agree.(I think he mad cause that pika was combining the **** out of dedede's huge *** lol) Alot of work needs to be done before a final codeset is released. Squirtle is def the new mk. I counted 9 different squirtles. Also fox is a BEAST. But i still have tons more fun in brawl+ then i ever did in normal brawl.(I hated that peach vs game and watch match though. That felt like a normal brawl match with nothing but bairs. Nothing against count kaiser though! Anyway hopefully this tournament gives some insight to brawl+ and the creators know what they have to do! One's thing for sure though brawl+ at high level play is SO MUCH MORE EXCITING TO WATCH. Only in brawl+ will you get a falcon ditto in grand finals! That right there is worth switching over! lol

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Tbh, Grand finals was lack luster for...you know...grand finals. It felt like a friendly more than it did grand finals. :/

Double Knee was sexy though. It got no hype though. xD

And that 0-77% combo was lulz. So much bad DI.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Yeah, I over-exaggerated my statement, if no one could tell, I mean, it did come from me afterall. And, I don't mind being comboed, that does take talent. Otherwise, I'd be cursing out MEXI and his Squirtle.

I just ask one one thing. Change Pikachu's Usmash and Dsmash launch angles. Make them work for that stupid a$$ Thunder. Then, we'll be making progress.

Edit: I saw that double knee. Sick.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Grand Finals were lackluster sort of, but it's not too big a deal since the same two people already played an intense all-out set in winners finals, so if you want, just watch that again for grand lol. AndyG and Mexi agreed to split far ahead of time, and they're in the same crew.

And hey Evan, how could you bring up commentary being too good without bringing up Professor Oak Birch

Rocann

Smash Lord
basically stupid moves like uptilts that combo into uptilts need to be gone. make the game more varied and not everybody doing upthrows to upairs the entire time because it always works until kill%, then it kills, blah. too vertical; too repetitive.

neko what do you mean bad DI? that's bs. squirtle knocked me NOWHERE and moved way faster than I do in the air. falcon falls like a ****ing refrigerator. And they were serious falcon dittos. I main falcon in b+. Mexi is just a genius natural prodigy in it. So it was intense. If he had won, we probably would've ended up playing vbrawl mains again, though.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
neko what do you mean bad DI? that's bs. squirtle knocked me NOWHERE and moved way faster than I do in the air. falcon falls like a ****ing refrigerator. And they were serious falcon dittos. I main falcon in b+. Mexi is just a genius natural prodigy in it. So it was intense. If he had won, we probably would've ended up playing vbrawl mains again, though.

I was talking about Grand Finals. That 0-70 combo. Not with squirtle vs Falcon.

And I know those were serious falcon dittos. That doesnt change the fact they looked more like friendlies to be cause they were too lack luster, imo, for grand finals.

But then again, all forms of dittos are lack luster/unintersting to me.

So really, it was nothing more than a person preference as far as my thoughts on grand finals.

Good **** regardless. : p

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Thanks to andreal my road to we on a boat in brawl starts now! I can safely say brawl+ will be 8000x better when we hear "Never thought i'll be on a boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S A BIG BLUE WATERY ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Neko, I demand you tell me immediately how I can get these Sonic tracks on my Wii

Music replace on the image file mirite? its all cut perfectly.

Top Bottom