• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Smashers for Each Character

Niko45

Smash Master
Top 3 for Marth (without question really imo): M2K, Taj, PPU

I'm flattered people think I'm good but I think Dart/Tai/HBK/IB/Diakonos are all ahead of me as well.

Armada

Smash Lord
Svampen stopped playing serious back in 06. He attend tournaments once every year or something now but that's cause he wanna see some of the people you know. He is still a good teamplayer but I think we should consider him not playing anymore :p

Bing

Smash Master
I think a lot of people are sleepin on I.B's Marth.

Also Ice had a good showing in crews at Apex with Marth :p

Also the Apex sleep johns need to stop. Most gamers run on little sleep as is. and 2nd round pools were done pretty early so to say that the rankings were skewed because of sleep, is bull****. All the players could have easily got a solid 8 hours.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
Top 3 for Marth (without question really imo): M2K, Taj, PPU

I'm flattered people think I'm good but I think Dart/Tai/HBK/IB/Diakonos are all ahead of me as well.
m2k, taj, IB/niko/ice/diakonos/ppu
marth players are inconsistent. kdj's been playing marth but it looks troll-y even though he does well.
dart's recent performance was gdlk and am anxious to see him play some more

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Also the Apex sleep johns need to stop. Most gamers run on little sleep as is. and 2nd round pools were done pretty early so to say that the rankings were skewed because of sleep, is bull****. All the players could have easily got a solid 8 hours.
Most of us are complaining about not having a warm up. Not so much sleep.

Bing

Smash Master
While that is true to some extent, Apex is mostly thought of as the way it is because the ****ty way it was run from what I heard. Because of the way things were run on Saturday it made just about everyone either get terrible sleep or wake up feeling like **** because they went and partied because they had NOTHING else to do all Saturday but hang out with smashers they rarely see anyways. While you could blame the smashers for doing that, I think it's a better blame on tournament organization.
Most of us are complaining about not having a warm up. Not so much sleep.

Sorry David, I've seen a lot of these "No sleep/stayed up partying" johns so that was a direct response, I understand some people had no time to warm up, I was with PPU before bracket :p Which is a reasonable excuse

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
this doesn't really have much weight since it's not based on tourney results, but i think ice is the next best marth "main" behind taj.

i played him in a bunch of friendlies on day 3 of apex, and my mind was blown. i think his poor performance was *insert johns here*, but i think he's going to do mad work the next time he shows up in the US.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
m2k, taj, IB/niko/ice/diakonos/ppu
marth players are inconsistent. kdj's been playing marth but it looks troll-y even though he does well.
dart's recent performance was gdlk and am anxious to see him play some more
Idk I played KDJ's marth, i found it was pretty damn good overall. He beat me 2-1 in one MM, though I beat him in the next 2 MMs.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
no... most players dream of the day they can say they're a top <insert character here>
I also meant warmups but didn't add that in I guess -.- my bad.

Marth is sort of a hard decision overall but I think a good amount are definitely tied after Taj.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
I'm here to say **** everyone who says I'm not on the list of best Link players.

I'm the only Link to place in a goddamn national, I'm the only Link to compete in teams on a goddamn national, I'm the only pure Link to ever place in a national without being involved in the tournament's creation.

Honestly, I'm probably the only Link to win anything without anyone's help, aside from people who haven't run tournies. I mean no offense, I'm probably not even that good anymore. It just makes me sad that there are people who claim to be "the goddamn Link" after I paved the way for that goddamn Link. I would have won money except for RANDALL (ask Falcomist XD) on my first real national. Anyways, I'm done being butthurt. Just please remember that I helped pave the way for some of you Link players, I really do hope you all do well.

Otherwise I'll show up at a random NE tournament and whoop your ***** and show you how a real Link player does it.
What Natiional did you place in?

Varist

Smash Lord
Dude Skler it's not like people are going

"Hm best Link main... NO **** SKLER THAT GAY *** he plays like GARBAGE. imma put germ and HDLlololo"

it's like, actually, they just don't even know who you are in the first place.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Iori's Ganon should definitely be on that Ganon list. I mean, he only beat Mac D in tourney pretty convincingly, and gave Zhu a run for his money. That man is good.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I'm here to say **** everyone who says I'm not on the list of best Link players.

I'm the only Link to place in a goddamn national, I'm the only Link to compete in teams on a goddamn national, I'm the only pure Link to ever place in a national without being involved in the tournament's creation.

Honestly, I'm probably the only Link to win anything without anyone's help, aside from people who haven't run tournies. I mean no offense, I'm probably not even that good anymore. It just makes me sad that there are people who claim to be "the goddamn Link" after I paved the way for that goddamn Link. I would have won money except for RANDALL (ask Falcomist XD) on my first real national. Anyways, I'm done being butthurt. Just please remember that I helped pave the way for some of you Link players, I really do hope you all do well.

Otherwise I'll show up at a random NE tournament and whoop your ***** and show you how a real Link player does it.
^I can relate.. be happy Skler.. :( I know how you feel tho, believe me.. :(

Top Bottom