• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Smashers for Each Character

Hax

Smash Champion
ssbpd is great on paper, terrible in actuality

i appreciate the work that went into it and had a lot of fun reminiscing about my tournament history but the rankings are so skewed that i don't even take them seriously

:(

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
ssbpd is great on paper, terrible in actuality

i appreciate the work that went into it and had a lot of fun reminiscing about my tournament history but the rankings are so skewed that i don't even take them seriously

:(
Why do you say that?

:phone:

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Why do you say that?

Well, it doesn't seem to take into consideration the fact that people use more than one character. A prime example of this is the fact that on the mewtwo list in that link earlier, there and only three mewtwos, and Taj isn't one of them.

I think that is enough to completely ruin any credibility that particular part of the website has.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Well, it doesn't seem to take into consideration the fact that people use more than one character. A prime example of this is the fact that on the mewtwo list in that link earlier, there and only three mewtwos, and Taj isn't one of them.

I think that is enough to completely ruin any credibility that particular part of the website has.
I addressed that earlier, but thats just a flaw in the nature of primary vs secondary characters. I got the feeling that Hax was referring more to the rankings even among the true mains of high ranked players.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
again its based on a points system, not skill. Example, according to that site, Kels is one of the best in the world(top 10).

Kels is really good. Not top 10.
Ok I got you, I can understand how it could skew rankings.

Generally I feel that the site can give a very good feel for rankings, though. Most of those inter-character rankings match many lists in this thread.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
He's used Marth in almost all of his relevant tournament winnings. If he used Mewtwo more often in tournament, it'd say Mewtwo.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
again its based on a points system, not skill. Example, according to that site, Kels is one of the best in the world(top 10).

Kels is really good. Not top 10.
Lol says he is number one Fox player in the world

Chroma

Smash Apprentice
I mean... he's not top 10 in the world, but hasn't Kels been near-dominating the midwest for a considerable amount of time now? If you go to a lot of tournaments and win a good percentage of them, your rating's going to be high.

To me, it seems like things are aberrant because there's still a lack of data, and because there might just not be enough national-level tournaments for ratings to naturally even out over different regions.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
He isn't. It's been explained that there isn't enough data like 8000 times. Realistically Armada/Mango/PP/M2K/Hbox should be up in the 2500 range and the others higher as well; Kels' rating is accurate, just not comparatively, as he has a ton of data.

Top Bottom