• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TNJ2! Somerset, England. June 16th. EDITS ON FIRST PAGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA

Smash Hero
Fun tourney, it was great meeting everyone. Its left me wishing I never called myself vanityangel on here, it suuucks.

I will be along to the next tournament so watch out...I will be about 10 times better too :p

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Great tourney guys!!!

Shout out:

R&F(Ouch/Spam/Wave): To Ouch and Spam - Much better! i dont EVER EVER EVER wanna hear u didnt get out of pools again! We dont dooooo pools bluuuuuuud!!!!!!!! Haha Spam, Ouch will never EVER let u live down the fact that he knocked u completley out of the tourney hahahahahahaha!!!!

To Frozen Wave - Bro ur IC's are flipping SICK!!!!! By far the best that i have seen in the country man! We gotta get sum more matches in soon bro coz i was feeling those Yoshi Vs Ic ones lol!

Caleb: Thanx for organising dude! Was a great event! And SCREW YOU for knocking me out of the tourney!! LOL! U got a great peach man but im coming bk for you at the next tourney lol! Gotta get som Yoshi/Mario Vs Kirby matches in aswell!

Dan: Congrats on 3rd man! I bet your loving it lol! You got a great sheik tho! And SCREW YOU TOO for knocking me into the losers bracket! lol! we defo gotta get some more matches in next tym man!

Reacher; DUDE that was possibly the most intense Link Vs Yoshi match i have had! I am sooo happy i got revenge for Anarchy Rules! Make sure ur at the next one man i realy want some more matches bro! That link is a monster tho man!

Ed: great matches in pools man! We gotta get some more matches in nex tym tho man! Haha u was hilarious during that Jam vs Fuzz match lol!

Ting/Queen Mag: Great Peach u got there hun! u were making me laugh so much wen u were shouting at fuzz for talking to u during the match lol! We defo gotta get some more games in nex tym tho hun! Make sure ur at the nex tourney girl!

STFU: HAHA We are the champions! R&F FTW!!!!! We hold the belt so we await you challenge at the next tourney lol!

To Jo3 - Bro.... i dont know what to say! U sooooooooo deserved to win that match in pools. I'll admit it to the board, the only reason i got out of pools was due to sheer COMPLETE LUCK!!! It should have been Kone and Jo3 that got out of my pools! Next tym we will have a match and there will be NO mistakes whatsover! Ur game has improved soo flipping much tho man it is CRAZY!!! Keep it up man coz i will promise you now ur Sheik will not own my mario and yoshi again like it did yesterday! Mark my words..... :oP

To Coey - 5th place man!!!!! Haha congrats bro! U musta bin sssssssssmiling! Haha i love it bro u totally deserved it ur falco has come sooooo far man it is crazy! You guys have really upped ur game! R&F have been slacking but u battered my yoshi in that crew match and i CANNOT allow such a beating to take place again! lol!

To golfie (The FAKE OWNA) - Bro im sorri i had to take that beating to u in that crew battle man, but u used my name to fight against me and that was SIMPLY a NO NO!!! Lol! That fox of urs is real good tho man just watch out coz u made a few mistakes that caused u some low percentage kills (yep Yoshi is cheap like that lol)! Great game tho man!

To BB - Bro that peach of urs is a killer man! I was watching a good few of ur matches and yu have really turrned the heat up! I defo wanna play you at the nex tourney coz i didnt play u once yesterday man! Good games tho fa real!!

Sabo: bro those games we had were great man i really enjoyed it! I think i had only played you once b4 but next tym we gotta get loads more matches in dude!

V.A. : Bro those matchs were great man! I aint ever had any mario dittos b4 coz i neva found any1 who played him so they were great man! We defo gotta get some more in coz ur mario was sick man! Ur sheik was crazy aswell dude! good games!

Bullet Bill: Great Doctor mario u got there man! Keep it up i loved playing him! But also at the next tourney i wanna hear that u have seriously picked up Yoshi man! forget what ur mate sez about him he is SICK!! Go to you tube and type in "Fumi yoshi" and tell me if yoshi potentially isnt one of the sickest characters ever!

Charles/Fuzz: Bro u won AGAIN!!! Lol! The match with Jam was FRIGGIN sick! Good game man! Congrats on winning too! Yoshi dittos were crazy tho man! we gotta get some more in!

Nhat: Lol! We needed our KFC energy at the begining and Ouch just went and ruined it huh! lol! Dont worry man his name has been written in the Death Note so he will definitly get his punishment LOL! But bro! That Mr. Game and watch u have is frigging HEFTY! I loved playing it man! I thawt u marth was equally sick aswell but u should defo consider maining Game and watch coz u have the skill and its diffrent! We defo gotta get some more games in tho man!

Bronze: I only got one game in with u but the Mario Kart was flipping jokes man! lol! Nex tym we gotta get some more games in tho! good games fa real man!

Jam: Unlucky on not winning man! U ,made an AMAZING come back aswell bro! Dang! Next tym tho! Im pissed i didnt get any matches with u but we will defo do that at the next tourney fa real! Falco is a monster man! And the Sheik is simply amazing!

Zeppo: Its a shame u couldnt make it man, u shoda bin there! Make sure ur at the next tourney tho bro! And bring that crazy Falcon of urs too lol!

Stevie: ITS ON!!!!!!! I was all hyped up to get my WSF belt back and u didnt show! Grrrrrrrr!!!! Make sure u get to the next one bro!! lol!

Any1 i played and forgot my appologies man!

:yoshi: :mario:

Kone

Smash Master
this maybe a little bit odd but could people post where their smash names have came from! id like to compile a list of the UK playes tags and reasons then go through europes.

Im just interested to know! like owna, whats that mean andwhy?

yeay

-------------------

Tourney stuff :

Not impressed with the tournament. Far to fews tvs, far to few large tvs. Cant expect people to travel to yeovil and not put on a show guys. Two tvs wouldnt have been useable if werent for my power leads (which i forgot and will need back next tourney caleb, esp. the large one).

Other than that pleasantly surprised to see alot of players stepping it up. Props go to coey and joe ( joe i think you you deserve the tag of the 'claw' instead of the crab now.) and VA for looking rather potentially good :).

Well done charlie boy, you spud. Ill still stick my neck out thee and let you know you wouldnt beat me in a tourney if we had met =p

Ouch -> love you attempts at mindgames during matches. Random calling out of what your going to do to put me of. Keep that up man!

For jake and caleb :

ASP RULES :

LOSER CHOOSES STAGE, WINNERS CHOOSE TO CHANGE OR STICK CHAR, WINNER CHOOSES CHAR.

You guys were wrong and properly ****ed my game up against jake. Our last match shudve been my fox on ps most likley against jakes marth. Which i reckon id have.

As hosts you should know the rules.

Ed

Kone

Smash Master
Haha man, thats mint! see, thats exactly what im looking for! more please guys ^_^

Ogre - why ? Lord Rust - why ? Coey - why ? The unmighty Crabby - why ? ; ) Go! Spam - a - Lamb - why ? Fuzzyness - why ? Cpt Zeppo, whats the zeppo for?

I want it all!

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Sounds like everyone had a good time... I'd like to make it official that Link is my main again, I don't see why I should change just due to his speed... :/ Not like anyone actually cares but it would explain what I'm about to say;

Vanity Angel, I hear your a good player and a good sportsmen according to Bullet, I'd like to have some Link vs Y.Link with you at the next tourny, it's a shame I couldn't be at this one due to money issues, yes, I know, Johns, whatever, :p

Also, Charles, Nice win, and XD at the new hair, Blonde! =P

Reacher man, What the hell happened? I was hoping the only other Link in the UK would pick it up. :p

Well that's all I've got to say for now. :p

VA

Smash Hero
Meh my Y.Link is ok and it's nice to hear someone said that about me ^^ (thanks Bullet)

I played Reacher with my Y.Link, the first game was a win for him and the second was a **** so I dunno, I need some work tbh! Looking forward to meeting you and play Y.Link/Link

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Mmm, Where is it you stay Vanity Angel? London or further up north in England? :o
I'm hoping you turn up to BB's tourny if this all happens, hopefully it will, I can get down there and back up in a day rofl.

Anyway, I'd better break in the Link again, I've been playing Doc too much, I'd still Second Doc, along with Falco, cause' I like Falco too... But I feel like I'm meant to play as Link as my main, mainly cause I know the match ups with him the best.

Looking forward to playing against you VanityAngel, See you at BB's tourny if it happens and if you go.

VA

Smash Hero
I'm from south west devon! Really far away lol. I can play a bit of mario aswell so I'll play your doc with my maz! It'll be a laugh. I should be at any tourney available so I may see you at BB's then :)

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
I dont really have a great reason for my name Kone, back in the day i use to play loadsa fighting games like Street Fighter and if i battered someone id shout out silly things like '' Haha i owned your face with my boot, now go get me a drink servant-child!!! DONT ARGUE, I'm ur owner GO GET ME A DRINK NOW!!!'' Pretty silly wen i think about it, also i was too lazy to think up a unique name! So yea, thats y.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Made Fuzzyness when playing RO, was a sniper >_> (just thought of something cute'ish and rawr'ish) cause it was like 4 years ago and i was 13 @_@

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
My shoutouts

Charles- Nice haircut although you kind of have to change your banner now. Another great performance with jigglypuff and all your other random characters that are annoyingly good. You didn't play doubles with me which is a bit lame but oh well. You must have remembered my disasterous doubles match at edster with GEEK. Didn't get the chance to play you in a friendly. I'll try and play you at AR2.

Jam- it was good to play against your falco although he is a bit too good for my Dr right now :laugh:. Unlucky against charles in the final.

Reacher- good games son good games. Yeah thanks for the friendlies as I haven't really played a good link before.

Lord rust- thanks for hosting the tournament man. You completely destroyed me in pools :ohwell:. I'll be a lot more of a challenge for you next time. I rekon more TVs would have been better and tbh, I wasn't too happy about you leaving all of a sudden when we still had the room for friendlies. (Nana's grandad turnip ko :laugh::laugh::laugh:)

BB- always a pleasure to play you BB. You really are a great sportsman and thats always good to see. Well done at getting though pools and thanks for the praise. One more thing: your gaw got ***** in those matches at Pauls :chuckle:.

Frozen wave- OH M GOD!!!!!!!! Your Ice climbers are unbelievably good man!!!! And I'm not just saying that. You really were hard to match in pools with your vicous grab combos and chainthrows. The ones against lord rust were immense. And yeah, upB cancelling is pretty **** cool. (Nana's grandad turnip ko :laugh::laugh::laugh:) you just can't teach that

Own A- You make me laugh man! Great talking to you and meeting for the 1st time. I must have completely blanked you at edster :(. But anyway great yoshi man! You seemed to just beat everyone with it. Next time when we play, it'll be a yoshi ditto as from now on, yoshi will be my next character :lick:.

Coey- Player of the tournament goes to you dude. 5th place!!! And first time you got out of pools. I didn't get to play you edster but gave you a few friendlies here at least. Next time your Marth WILL die. Oh and thanks for the awesome keyring

Joe- dammit Joe. I finally get to play you and you go and pick marth and spam fsmash :ohwell:. I'll have to play you some other time when your not half asleep. It was good to meet you though you made me laugh.

L4DY- I finally got to play and meet you which was cool. The advice you gave me with Dr was pretty sound. Those were some awesome backairs at Pauls place.

Ogre- you are too good

Bronze- thanks for all the random singles matches.

Mont- thanks for the accomodation and matches. Unlucky with your doubles as well. From what I can see, you did pretty well. P.S. Sorry about the gay yoshi

Kone, my name is my old FzeroGX alias. I used to play advanced level FzeroGX and randomly thought of bullet bill. I thought it sounded cool.
And if I'm not mistaken, you got Kone from the back of a van :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Meh my Y.Link is ok and it's nice to hear someone said that about me ^^ (thanks Bullet)

I played Reacher with my Y.Link, the first game was a win for him and the second was a **** so I dunno, I need some work tbh! Looking forward to meeting you and play Y.Link/Link
nah. It was good to play against you but I expected to win and got a bit frustrated as a result which I appologise for. You said my Dr was good afterwards though which was cool.

Btw. You ought to team up with Greg from STFU in your next tourney

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
Well, i got Vanity from Tom(a friend), He was giving people sins and called me Vanity and i liked how it sounded, the P was because Vanity was taken up on most Forums and stuff, so i thought of something to go infront of it, and since i played in a pink i used P.

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Own A- You make me laugh man! Great talking to you and meeting for the 1st time. I must have completely blanked you at edster :(. But anyway great yoshi man! You seemed to just beat everyone with it. Next time when we play, it'll be a yoshi ditto as from now on, yoshi will be my next character :lick:.
Lol nah u didnt blank me bro the last tourney i was at was the one in December, Edmas. I wernt at Edster! Yea tho im looking forwrd to the Yoshi matches man!:)

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
For jake and caleb :

ASP RULES :

LOSER CHOOSES STAGE, WINNERS CHOOSE TO CHANGE OR STICK CHAR, WINNER CHOOSES CHAR.

You guys were wrong and properly ****ed my game up against jake. Our last match shudve been my fox on ps most likley against jakes marth. Which i reckon id have.

As hosts you should know the rules.

Ed
Right, just to straighten things up. I only stepped in on the second game. Jake declared Fountain, while still in the character select screen. Waited. He then went to pick Marth, and Then you went to change character. How the **** does that make sense?

ASP:

Loser picks stage.
Winner has the option to stick or change character.
Loser then picks character.

Not

Loser picks stage.
Winner has the option to stick or change character.
Loser picks character.
Winner then gets to counterpick character ??

Pardon me for being confused by this.

If ASP were to permit the winner to pick their character last, then how on earth does losing in any way have any posetive effect on the loser other than permitting them to pick the stage? As far as the third game was concerned. I spoke to Jake, supposedly, he said something to the effect of "I know where you're taking this already", you agreed that it was PS. He then said he was sticking, and you didn't change character? If thats the case then what are you complaining about? He said he was sticking marth, and gave you every oppertunity to jump over to fox, as you had every right to do with ASP.

Loser (Ed) Picks Stadium.
Winner (Jake) Chooses to stick. (Marth)
Loser (Ed) - then opted to stick Peach?

Now, if he didn't give you the oppertunity to change character, and mashed the start button, which I don't believe he did, but, hypotheticaly speaking, if he had done so, why did you not change character? You had the right to counterpick character, being the loser. This was the point I argued in round two?

I don't mean to sound sarcastic, but feel free to point out where I've gone wrong here? Because I am seriously ****ing confused.

Furthermore. In reguards to the extension leads. Someone who shall remain nameless-

JOSEPH. TAILBOT.

-Swore to me that he'd be in early, reguardless of work, to drop off the leads. I then ring him at 3PM wondering where the **** he is, and he tells me he's in work, and that he has had absolutly no oppertunity whatsoever to pick up a bloody phone and ring me, and when I asked why his phone was working now, "He'd just this second started his break". He then told me that I could collect them from his house, so I then ran there to discover that his parents were out. Jake then informed me you had some. If I had known about this issue earlier, I'd have either gone to his house when they were there, or just bloody gone to cash gen and bought some, which we ended up doing in the end so we could charge Paul's laptop.

As far as TVs go, I did what I could with basicaly no help from anyone other than Jake and Jay, and I hardly think we had too few. There were only six pools ffs? We had 6 TVs. Along with two decent sized ones. We were in no rush to get the tournament finished before about 10 anyway, we had the venue till 1AM.

Annyyway. Enough ranting.

In reguards to my name - I used to have a bit of a fetish for White Wolf games, specificaly Exalted, their a bunch of Pen & Paper RPGs (Think D&D but less ****e), Lord Rust was an NPC I created for a campaign I was going to run before I realized that I had the admin skills of a toothpick. A small god of broken artifice and so on, that lived to destroy man's work. I could go on, but I'm using my brothers PC, as every time I write a largeish volume of text on mine, my new PSU decides to randomly make my PC have an epileptic fit.

Ogre - as far as Jake goes, I actualy came up with it, back when he played Samus. Not sure why it seemed like a good idea, just suits him down to the ground, or at least it did back them. Broody, antisocial 16 year old he was xD

Anyway. I'll post actual shoutouts later, as I have a fair ****ing few. Reguardless of what some have said, I enjoyed it, and I believe pretty much everybody else did too. Hence success. However, (Assuming I don't just forsake running them down here on account of living in the god**** middle of nowhere) I will hopefully have our old projector up and running, along with some slightly larget TVs, as I will admit they were a tad lackluster. Anyway. Jake is trying to reclaim his room, so as I said I'll post shoutouts later tonight/when I ****ing remember xD

-Rust

Kone

Smash Master
I dont have time to discuss this right now , will fully in the morning. My quick response to yourself caleb is that i didnt feel as if i was given a choice to change my character in the second game. Jake chose fod and then immediately announced that he was going marth, I DID NOT HAVE THE CHANCE TO CHANGE CHAR. It was if , as a given peach player, i was not expected to change. This is how it felt to myself.

In the next game i announced PS. Jake said he was sticking marth, i wentto go fox and you guys kicked up a fuss that i had already decided on peach.

Your rules changed as the match proceeded. I had told you guys what the proper rules were.

Regardless, basically it seemed that the rules didnt go in sequence as they shud. ill be more vocal next time.

6 tvs never enuff man

Omadon

I dont have time to discuss this right now , will fully in the morning. My quick response to yourself caleb is that i didnt feel as if i was given a choice to change my character in the second game. Jake chose fod and then immediately announced that he was going marth, I DID NOT HAVE THE CHANCE TO CHANGE CHAR. It was if , as a given peach player, i was not expected to change. This is how it felt to myself.

In the next game i announced PS. Jake said he was sticking marth, i wentto go fox and you guys kicked up a fuss that i had already decided on peach.

Your rules changed as the match proceeded. I had told you guys what the proper rules were.

Your rules were: i said stage and char, opponent gotto stick or not. This is how it went for me.
I kicked up a fuss on game 2 after you tried to change character after he picked marth. You had -plenty- of time to change. However. I am aware how obviously biased I must appear here, as I'm his brother. So I don't really know what to say to sort this? Did anyone else see this? I know what I saw but for all everybody knows I could be talking out of my *** to cover my brother. I'm not, but there were a load of other people watching, andbody else pay enough attention? I'm not exactly looking for people to back me up here, I'm just looking for people to say what they saw.

EDIT: I specificaly said, Loser picks stage, Winner decides to stick or change char, then loser picks char. Not once did I say you had to pick stage and character. That is absolute bull****. I even repeated myself like three times. A) I know what ASP is, and B) Do you think I'm suicidal enough to obviously change the rules for a reletive? You think I think I'd ever be able to run a tournament again? xD Especialy changing them for a game with someone who should obviously know them himself? I'm not dense.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
It usually goes that the winner changes character first,but just because they are taking their time doesnt mean their not changing.If Jake didnt ask him if he was changing before going Marth,or if Ed didnt make it clear that he wasnt going to switch,then I think Ed would have the right to change.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Wooo, Argument wars... T_T... *Keeps out of it*
Rofl@Joe's Shout...

Wow everyones slow with the shouts... :o

[Just trying to make it look like we still have our minds. :p]

juganthestar

Smash Journeyman
LOL One shoutout to R&F

If we use the same van, we need a mattress ;D

Actually, Vanity Angel is a song NAME on DDR
Fixx is the artist - YES I DO PLAY DDR AND I CAN DO max300 Expert -_- easily

But hey, good games all, when the next one comes up, i want in! ^_^

Good games reacher, i will play you again...till then ^^

Omadon

It usually goes that the winner changes character first,but just because they are taking their time doesnt mean their not changing.If Jake didnt ask him if he was changing before going Marth,or if Ed didnt make it clear that he wasnt going to switch,then I think Ed would have the right to change.
As far as I know there was some sort of indication to him sticking, but now this just goes down to word V word, or someone seeing a nod when there wasnt. I don't bloody know. I interveened when I thought I saw Ed trying to counterpick Jake's character.

I think in future I think we're going to have to make people clearly declare everything. Properly in order, and if they don't then on their head be it. Go through every plausable motion of ASP clearly and verbaly, no nods, no quiet "uh huh"s. Nothing that could possibly be even remotley imperceptible.

In all honesty, jake ****ing needs to post for once and defend himself, I can't cover his *** all the time. I'm going to go have words with him >.>

Kone

Smash Master
Thats fine. I also think the rule should be stuck on the wa;ll so people can clearly see the order. In my defence i wasnt given time to stick or switch in either game one or two. Justbecause jake and showed his hand ie changing to marth to quickly, i was forced to stick peach.

I do know the rules and had mentioned them to others during the tourney. I do agree with caleb in that it has to be much more obvious.

Otherwise, nice tourney caleb. I do think if you host another more tvs need to be there. Ten, with four being large imo. Can you please keep that large extension cable for me? its my dads lol.

Oh, if you guys host another ive sorted out how to get there. Looked into hiring a 15 seater minibus and it would be very cost effective. If be able to bring the scots and the newcastle lot for cheap ^_^

ed x

OGRE™

Smash Rookie
Just wanted to add my view on the Me - Ed - ASP issue.

As far as I remember it, I said FoD for game two, you said O.K, I selected Marth, and then you went to change. Caleb complained, and you said you'd heard the rules differently. Me and Caleb said it was different to how you'd heard it, and you said O.K, so then we played game two.

And as for game three, I said 'I know where you're going', you said yeah, P.S, and I said I was sticking Marth. You had the chance to change from what I saw, and you stuck Peach. But that's just how I saw it.

Anyway, that's sorted now. Might get round to shout outs or something later. And now Caleb can stop whining at me to post for once >.>.

Omadon

Right. In light of this I'm going to mark the whole issue down to mass bloody confusion. However - it's a learning experience for how to bloodywell avoid this in future. I think we should have some kind of mandatory "Don't be ****ing stupid" speech before singles starts from now on xD

EDIT: Oh, btw, just ran up and grabbed the extension lead, got it in the shop, will arrange to get it back to you somehow.

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
LOL One shoutout to R&F

does everyone who plays smash play DDR?
next tourney we should have a juganthestar/BB/aiko/golfie/anyone else DDR showdown! :colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

VA

Smash Hero
LOL One shoutout to R&F

Oh yeah...woops. Long time since I played DDR. At the top of my game I could just about clear Afronova Primeval Expert. I used to love Dead End but basically I wasn't good. I was mediocre.

juganthestar

Smash Journeyman
Lol i play stepmania and i can complete things like...Pandemonium and Dokudenpa and stuff.
On feet yeah best ive completed is a Xuxa Expert *check youtube for Xuxa and youll see*

Ill make a video of me mashing a song on Keyboard soon, just to show you guys.

Anyways yeah we need mattress...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom