• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TNJ2! Somerset, England. June 16th. EDITS ON FIRST PAGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA

Smash Hero
Guh if we are playing DDR at the next tounrey I am going to need to get some practice in, last time I played I could hardly beat Dead End 8 foot lol.

monty06

Smash Ace
cool count me in for the ddr action! i aint played properly in a while but i will get upto scratch again and give you guys ago at it.

i will do my shoutouts this evening bit bsy at the moment

juganthestar

Smash Journeyman
I dont think DDR is even possible to get in, i mean what format do you guys actually play on.

For example, i need a metal mat to play on if its the PS2 versions and stuff since i tend to rip mats.

But if its the PC emulated one then sure ill bring my kayboard and we can play using my keyboard and someones laptop, ill bring tracks via USB.

But this ofcourse depends if theres another tourney...comon fuzzy

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
About the new counterpick and stages rule, Me and Jam declared the stage and characters fairly and made sure we both knew, so if ed and jake had a prob either one didn't do it properly or it wasn't clear.

ting!

Smash Cadet
Right I finally have access to a pc at last I am saved.
Hello to all that attended I have a few shout outs.

Lord Rust - aside from ASP confusaions galore well done i think the tourney was a success no major dilemas, no broken bones and the place wasnt burnt down so thats a start. It was lovely to see you again and i look forward to when we next meet and bring a **** cube or else, love you x

Monty - thank you very muh for having us and say thank you to your mum for me, take it easy dude

B.B. - It was lovely to see you it had been too long and I will beat you one day so look out. cos my peach has sped up more since TNJ2 so beware, next tourney I will notbe hanging or wasted from the nighht before (fingers crossed = D)

Jam5 -As always it was a pleasure helping you smoke your cigarettes, and thank you again for lending me your controller you are a legend and well played against charles man.

Kone - Was cool seeing you and you didnt completelty **** me for once, you still owe me peach lessons i grr at you. hope you made it to work on time, take it easy.

Golfie - I dont care what you say WoW is the ****, seriously though was cool speaking to you, apologies for random babbling as we all know i was quite ****ed at the start of the day

JO3 - some good games man, im liking the marth

Charles - I know I dont need to but again im apologising for being harsh towards you just never come between a girl and her smash, esp me and my smash in a ****ing tourney game cos dude thats just not cool take care love

L4DY - Was nice to see you I am impressed with how your sheik is progressing and i look forward to playing you again

StaceyFace - You were so pissed on friday it was hilarious, i miss our tag team smash sessions you had better come when i host up here or else and i promise not to two-stock you one handed again lol, hugs x

Vanity Angel -I hope you enjoyed your first tourney and will be attending more its a great way to improve your game and of course its always a great experience, I enjoyed being beaten by you but i will enjoy revenge even more, im only messing take care

Reacher - Two words for you - Fern Gully, didnt actually get round to playin you but there will be other tourneys, take care

Owna - It was a pleasure getting beaten by you but Ill get you back when i am somewhat more compus mentus so look out

Cant currently think of anyone else right now whos name i can remember so apologies to anyone who i have left out i am absolutley terrible with names.

To anyone whos first tourney it was inc vanity angel -

even if you got absolutley annihilated dont give up and stop going to tourneys i got absolutely ***** at my first tourney and still do but its all a good laugh and a learning curve you get better with experience as long as you remember to enjoy yourself.

Also I had a brain wave for anyone travelling by car to a tourney go on Multimap.com enter the postcode of where you will be departing from and The postcode of your destination and it will give you the quickest directions. i think it also takes into account factors such as rush hour as well.
all you need to do this is for the host/s of any future tourneys to post the postcodes of venues and its as easy as pie

Take care everyone, lots of love, Amy/Ting/Queen Mab/Not sure

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Shoutouts!!

Bullet Bill: Always ace to play you and great to see your Doc getting so good in such a short amount of time. As far as my GAW goes: I believe I crushed the stuffing out of your Doctor Mario in 1 on 1 friendlies. Wanna try again at AR364? Seriously though dude, amazing Doc. Keep up the ownage.

Kone/Jam5/Dan/Everyone else SDB: Good games from what I saw, didn't get a chance to play you but was ace seeing you all again.

JUDG: That is a nice Luigi, I like it. Always good to see low tier players.

Umpa: Cheers for the matches and remarks regarding my GAW. Was ace to play you and I hope to see you again at AR364 or another tourney soon.

Charles: ............................................................I like your hair.

Caleb: Thank you for the games, they were immense, What a Peach! Twas ace playing you despite being crushed. more games in future for definite!

Jake: Didn't play you at this tourney I think. Still congrats on your placing in both singles and doubles. Was ace seeing you again dude.

L4DY: If you don't come to AR364 I will personally trek to Yeovil and drag you to Lancaster by your hair. It was awesome to see you again, it's been too long. I love the Doc and Sheik.

Amy: Your Peach scares me >_> <_< Come to AR364. I don't know what else to say here that I didn't say in Yeovil.

Stacey: One of these days............

Mont: Thanks for the games and the housing and thank your mother as well. Nice fox :chuckle: Kidding, gg's and see you at the next UK tourney.

Phil: Devastating, How could you ban Mute City? That was cheap. I'm messing dude, I enjoyed our matches to the full. Was amazing that we get to play Both an MM and a tourney match one after the other. Too cool.

FrozenWave: Dude those IC's are SICK! Beautiful characters you have there. I hope you'll be making an appearance at the next AR. It'll be sweet. Ace pools matches though, sorry about putting you out.

C03Y: *nod* Manned up Son. I'm proud of ye.

J03: The pools finish was harsh as anything, but it just goes to show that you CAN do it. Again my apologies for putting you out of doubles.

Ste: Too good, I can't believe how well you did against us in Doubles. You've come a long way. Now stop reading and go play smash. Apologies for doubles.

Owna: What a sick Yoshi, the crew match was amazing. Was it your Luigi I played in a low tier game? If it was, it was too awesome.

Spam: Your Ness is quite insane. What a match, Love your ability to hit with PK Flash. Too close finish, too sweet a game.

Ouch: Looks like did have to plug your controller in.

SmashTaxiDriver: Thanks for the ride and the food. You're a lifesaver.

If I've forgotten anyone, just post and I'll update, thanks for the tourney Caleb it was ace. I hope to see you all and more at the next one.

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
nah it werent my luigi BB, it was Ouch's! Safe for the compliment tho man, much appreciated! I'll be working on my Yoshi alot more for the next tourney dude so lets make sure we get some friendlies in!

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Apologies for the misconception, My compliment on the Luigi now goes to Ouch! For having such a cool Luigi.

Owna: GAW - Yoshi games? I've always wanted to play that matchup =D

J03

Smash Master
my god everyone has died =/

real shoutouts.

GMC:

caleb: thanks for hosting nice tourney and thanks for everything

jake: as always im loving the fox, thanks for the marth dittos

sabo: DONT QUIT lol

mont: shame about pools see you at sweden ^_^

ting: sorry for playing gay vs you, it had to be done

l4dy: stick to doc, hes far better then your sheik

twiggy: you flaker

umpa: sorry i was playing gay in our matches but i really just couldnt manage to play anything short of utter stupidness, that said your pika is nice and fun to play against but you seriously need to work on sweetspotting tht **** man

stacey: thanks for the roll ups and bte ste robbed your ligther but dont worry coz i have it now and will keep it till next time ^_^. and just think, of all the people who could have won it (dan, jam, ed or even coey) it was charles that won =o XD XD XD :p

RAF:

spam: you need some royal practice vs fox man, its understandable to be getting hit by 2 upairs but 3+ from one upthrow is not good son. nicely played vs coey though, i seriously thought he was gonna win hands down so you really showed me what you can do. also thanks for the marth dittos they were real good matches.

ouch: i h8 your luigi keep working on the tech skill beacuse sometimes i feel like you know what you can do but wont do it in casr you mess up. as always though im loving the trash talk, genually through my game off at some points

f.wave: srop the f*cking negative **** because you dont need to be putting yourself through that. you blatantly proved you got skills when you beat BB. all i will say is dont rush in so often. it works too well for a while but once your opponent catches on you really need to be mixing it up a bit more, but i love your ability to keep nana alive. keep it up

ownA: what can i say other then what i already said. if i didnt love you so much i would have killed you right there :p you can garantee itll never happen again XD. that said once you passed pools you did really well. even though i dont think reacher was at 100% its no johns and anyone who can put him out of a tourney deserves some respect! because if i had won the chances are that reacher would have but me out of the tourney.

SDB:

Ed: man your fox ***** me, what can i say. i couldnt step up lol. prolly should have gone marth last game but knowing me i would have just lost twice as badly see you at stansted airport...we'll be the guys trying in vain t get to sleep lol

jam: gz on 2nd. i was happy to see you doing really well vs charles only to get rested =/
thanks for the matches man your playstyle is too good for lil old me ^_^

dan:...your ****ing insane! gratz on 3rd but tbh you were on fire and blates deserved it. aorry about not chilling at yours sat night but my bro was dead set on sleeping lol catch you in sweden :p

craig: didnt play you at all lol but thanks for the saves ^_^

reacher: didnt play you either but tbh you werent on form and you know it. next time get some kip instead of watching fern gully till 4am lol

charles: nice as always and gz on first, your trash talk always makes me laugh, especially when you see your opponent getting proper worked up haha

v.angel: nice stuff, keep it up you deffo get some potential but next time i will have to play you at least once XD

B.Bill: sorry for playing ****e but to be fair i was mega tired and very pissed off about pools and seriously couldnt be arsed playing properly. that said, no johns, i will give you some proper matches at AR364 and though your doc has improved loads it will lose to to my almighty...erm...i dunno really...butt hair i guess =o

bronze: man you got some talent. again you were one of the people who i played after i could be arsed but i didnt need to do anything to see that youve got potential. tbh i do think your sheik is better then your other alts, even if it is just because its sheik. i would like a MM at AR364 if at all possible.

thanks for the good times and good games <3

juganthestar

Smash Journeyman
LOL had nice WoW chats outside the venue as well

Bloodbowler = BB = GOOD GAMES MAN

Anyways i need more practise, maybe you guys should bother coming to london when one of the bigger smashfests happen. Is there going to be more fests happening? Because i want more beef with STFU and i didnt play with some of you guys...Kone...Jam

WoW FOR TEH HORDE NO ALLIANCE HATERS!! :p

I mean it

...i need a sig

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I think your Marth needs a bit of work Joe. Maybe it's because you were so shattered but your fsmashes are really predictable. Why was reacher watching fern gully in the early hours??? Man up son!!!

Kone

Smash Master
Bullet : whats your msn man ? should get yourself to newcastle for some smash with me and phil sometime.

juganthestar : sorry for not getting games in with you, i know you had wanted to just forgot. Ill make a london tournament , if there ever is one, but smashfests arent big enough for me to make the distance from newcatle. Nor there being a lack of places to crash.

Edx

sweden return only £35 =p

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Guys after Summer I'm manning up completelty, Every smash fest, every tournoment, ever day you guys are having some big smash community practice, I'm going, tournoments only this country though, I'm saving to go to America by myself for a couple of months. (only around 500 quid for 2 and a half months and I've got housing there.) So yeah, Anything happens, inform me, I'll go to it, I'm taking smash alot more seriously.

Reacher, I need to train Link vs Link with you, anytime your up at Pauls or theres something around where you stay, tell Paul then tell Paul to tell me. I'll turn up, I need the practice. Only two Links in the Uk ya. :p

Anyway. Hope to see you all at BB's tourny if it happens.

monty06

Smash Ace
well the furn gully thing was unlucky there was nothin on tv at like 3am so we decided to give stacy the remote and she wouldnt let us watch robocop so ended watching that lol. in the end i left him there and jst went bed which im sorry son.

reacher: lol at fern gully great seeing you again hopefully get some games in next time.

ouch: i think it was you i had in pools correct me if im wrong but congrats on getting through im getting u next time.

spam: nice friendlys man the marth v roy was close. hoefully get chance to play you again soon.

bb: lol yh fox is gd it ust doesnt like peach that much at the mo. gd games though man i will def be at ar364 see you then.

bullet bill: good games man hope to see you at next tourney.

dsd9: i lol at you blocking me of msn because it keeps signing me out oh well lol. we didnt get to play again but hopefully we will next tourney.

coey: congrats on 5th dude didnt get to play but its still gd to see regulat faces at tourney.

golfie: those marth ditos were good back at mine. you got owned man 4 stock on yoshi island lol.

Jo3: omg u were in well hyped u lol u were talking so much **** at my house it was so funny you playing under kens name it was gd night you def brightend room up lol.

forzenwave: nce dude you got nce ics the ditto was fun it was 2 stovk but i like the dittos tho you will probs beat me next time you have got potental so stop saying your crap because you aint.

vanity angel: good games in pools your marth is preety good you have potential at the game just need to learn not to leave yourself vulnerable i found it to easy to get combos in. hopefully i get to play you again at next tournament.

bronze: good friendlys at mine your sheik has come along way since we last played you when you came to yeovil.

JAM5: shame u got 2nd man especially to charles. hopefully you get him next time hopefully i get to play you to.

i save the best to last charles lol:

charlie: nice win in the tourney, shame about your hair though lol. ggs on the victory shame i lost to you game 3 in pools should have played random lol oh well.

ggs to everyone that came hope to see you all at next tourney and get a proper north v south going on. if i missed anyone out in shoutouts let me know and i will mention you. see you all at AR364.

ting!

Smash Cadet
Why was reacher watching fern gully in the early hours??? Man up son!!!
ok now this i can explain, i put on fern gully and stacey made him watch the rest after i left, the faeries rock the **** so i dont want to hear any more of his whining, take it like a man reacher you got to accept the faery pwnage. im only joshin with you and posting cos im a little tipsy
love to all x

monty06

Smash Ace
the next one is ROS4 in sweden on 3rd - 6th july the next british one is AR364 in august.

before i forget heres the full results of TNJ2.

1. Charles
2. JAM5
3. DSD9
4. OGRE
5. Lord Rust
5. Coey
7. Owna
7. Ouch
9. Reacher
9. BB
9. Spam
9. Kone

Kone

Smash Master
ok, ill use the results to update the uk rankings. Ill do it this time BB ;) , ive got nothing else on my plate today =p

Look forwward to those making ros4 in sweden (for those who arent its only £35 from london RAF!!!!!) and EVERYONE making AR364

Kone

Smash Master
This is from memory BB ^_^ :

We use the last five tournaments :

5th : Ar , 4th : Edmas , 3rd TNJ , 2nd Edster, 1st TNJ2

their ressults are used. And applied to everyone. So, if joey only got points at TNJ then that wasnt his last tournament so he doesnt get 100% of his points, he gets 60% or whatever it is.

I think you presumed that we just worked of each players last five tournaments. We dont!

That make sense?

Kone

Smash Master
meh, may aswell keep it up joe. that way atleast we have an account of how people do. Every other country has some form of ranking system. does wllow for people to aim higher. tho i dont see how you get of on talking on others behalf ;) . You may not be bothered, but ive yet to see your name on there =p

craiigg

Smash Lord
no worries joee ill play yer in sweden

Oh for the person who asked about my hoodie i think it was ouch or one of R&F, search ebay for bape ;P

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Kone: That was the premise I came to, have a look at some of the corrections I made and re-work the numbers I worked. If I'm still wrong then I'll pipe down. I'm only pressing it because I'm sure I got it right.

monty06

Smash Ace
i had a look the way bb has done his workings and it does look like he is right im not completely sure but it does look like it.

Kone

Smash Master
It doesnt matter either way. Ive started doing the rankings, done the top ten. Ive started from scratch and will post the details tonight with my workings out in full.

Im taken my time to be careful. Fair enough if you were right BB but atleast now it should be ok :)

VA

Smash Hero
Seeing as I'm new I didn't know anything about shoutouts so these are a bit late but erm...here goes:

DSD9 - Great to meet you dude. Shame about your poor effort friendlies :p Only kidding! Congrats on coming 3rd and I will be round yours soon helping you practice for Sweden.

Bullet Bill - Good games man, liking the Doctor. I'll give you a rematch on our Mario vs Doc next time to see if you've improved :)

Owna - God dammit! I can't believe you beat my marth with yoshi! Serious shock to my system, also I will have you in a Mario ditto next time :p

Reacher - Didn't speak to you much but I enjoyed the quick Y.Link v Link friendly just before I left, was fun!

SaBo - Nice Falco man and you are a really sound guy too. Well enjoyed meeting you and hope to see you again at the next event :)

Queen Mab - Great to see a girl smasher, I wasn't expecting any and your Peach was pretty awesome. More friendlies next time where I can try Y.Link vs Peach :p

Lord Rust - Thanks for holding the tourney and showing me the way to Pen Mill. I well enjoyed myself and it was a good introduction for me into the UK smash scene.

Frozen Wave - God your IC's made my head hurt. How the hell do you do all that crazy ****!? I was well impressed and hopefully you can teach me one day :p

JO3 and Kone - Thanks for being so friendly, it was kind of intimidating arriving at the tournament and it was good of you to actively speak to me as I was way too shy to make the effort hence the next shoutout.

Everyone I didn't speak to (Bloodbowler/Jam5/Craiig/Ogre/Coey and anyone else I don't know) - Sorry I didn't speak to any of you I was acting like a bit of child really, felt really indimidated by the whole thing! Next time there is a tournament I will make an effort to at least introduce myself and anyone who wants to lose to my Samus is welcome to :pPPPP

So basically, I had an awesome time and will DEFINITELY be at any tournaments in the future and am currently thinking about hosting one in mid August but I know other people are planning to host soon so I'll wait and see. Now I've got an idea of how people play I will be working on my game and should be vastly improved next time so be ready!

VA

VA

Smash Hero
FYI dude, There's already a tournament in mid-organisation for mid-august.

Also: The girl was Queen Mab, not L4DY.
Yeah Ed mentioned something about that so I guess I'll just head to that one, saves me some effort! Oh and fixed the Mab/L4DY confusion

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Seeing as I'm new I didn't know anything about shoutouts so these are a bit late but erm...here goes:

DSD9 - Great to meet you dude. Shame about your poor effort friendlies :p Only kidding! Congrats on coming 3rd and I will be round yours soon helping you practice for Sweden.

Bullet Bill - Good games man, liking the Doctor. I'll give you a rematch on our Mario vs Doc next time to see if you've improved :)

Owna - God dammit! I can't believe you beat my marth with yoshi! Serious shock to my system, also I will have you in a Mario ditto next time :p

Reacher - Didn't speak to you much but I enjoyed the quick Y.Link v Link friendly just before I left, was fun!

SaBo - Nice Falco man and you are a really sound guy too. Well enjoyed meeting you and hope to see you again at the next event :)

Queen Mab - Great to see a girl smasher, I wasn't expecting any and your Peach was pretty awesome. More friendlies next time where I can try Y.Link vs Peach :p

Lord Rust - Thanks for holding the tourney and showing me the way to Pen Mill. I well enjoyed myself and it was a good introduction for me into the UK smash scene.

Frozen Wave - God your IC's made my head hurt. How the hell do you do all that crazy ****!? I was well impressed and hopefully you can teach me one day :p

JO3 and Kone - Thanks for being so friendly, it was kind of intimidating arriving at the tournament and it was good of you to actively speak to me as I was way too shy to make the effort hence the next shoutout.

Everyone I didn't speak to (Bloodbowler/Jam5/Craiig/Ogre/Coey and anyone else I don't know) - Sorry I didn't speak to any of you I was acting like a bit of child really, felt really indimidated by the whole thing! Next time there is a tournament I will make an effort to at least introduce myself and anyone who wants to lose to my Samus is welcome to :pPPPP

So basically, I had an awesome time and will DEFINITELY be at any tournaments in the future and am currently thinking about hosting one in mid August but I know other people are planning to host soon so I'll wait and see. Now I've got an idea of how people play I will be working on my game and should be vastly improved next time so be ready!

VA
dude your mario is annoyingly good. You did seem a bit quiet but thats alright. All of the regular smashers are really friendly people esp Jam, Kone and Zeppo. Next tournament your at. Don't forget to ask people for a match to get lots of practice and friedlies.

Owna- I know you hate doubles but how bout team yoshi @ AR ? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom