• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TNJ2! Somerset, England. June 16th. EDITS ON FIRST PAGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Lol I might still go Im fly like that,last minute decisions you know,I think on impulse Im a spontaneous kind of guy thats how I like to live life really you know,just badda-bing badda-boom really.

but yeah I might still go.Its a smash tourney after all and someone needs to pipe Charlie down.

Kone

Smash Master
I don't agree with that fully BB. Though it costs gmc as much to get to any other tournament they are only five of the participants. On average the rest of the turnout will be paying alot less to make every tournament. At the same time it isnt easy to get to Yeovil. Lack of direct trains or even flights. Least getting to Lancaster and Newcastle is relatively easy or cheap. Yeovil isn't the case. Combined with a date to close to ROS4 its massively impacted the turnout.

Once again though I do apologise, If I had a spare fifty quid lying about id still get down but i dont :( .

Respect to the GMC for making our tournaments though.

*small edit - with there being a serious lack of top ten players id like opinions on whther this tournaments results should be counted towards the rankings*

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
I'll agree it's costing more as a whole to get to a Yeovil tournament instead of say a Newcastle tournament. I was referring more to the hassle they'd have to put with individually to get out of Yeovil, not to mention extra cost. But again, you're right, it costs more as a whole to get to a Yeovil tournament. That being said, it's a tournament.

As far as the rankings go, we must either accept this is going to be fixed and inaccurate because of the lack of top players, or go back on our word that if you miss a tournament you miss a tournament. TNJ1 had a lot of the top class missing and we still counted it among the tourney rankings.

Mr P

Smash Ace
imo this tournie should go to towards the rankings, basically no johns to people that dont show. Im not bothered about the points myself so GG. The reason we're not coming from Perth is not really because of money, its the fact that its 14 hours alone on the bus JUST to london, then obviously more travel from there. Ive only ever missed 1 UK tournie and that was TNJ1 and my second missed tournie is going to be TNJ2, sorry but it's just way too much espescially before Sweden.

Also you guys have done VERY little in the way of promoting or hyping this tournie up, ive seen barely any posts in this thread from any of GMC and whats with OGRE not posting at all when he has an account ?

DevMBC

Smash Ace
yo dudes - i might be there =o .. I don't think I'll know till thursday lol. Dan, I might turn up at yours unexpected some night this week =s

now y'all know after a shocker of a previous tournament the Jamrex5 coming down like a plague on all you scrubs. Last week I murdered a stone! hospitilised a brick! I'm so mean I make charles play like a chick! Last night turned the light off, was in my bed before the room was dark! Yo is Ryan coming? Let's keep it gangsta *****es

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Stevie, Shut it and I'll shut it, simple as. You've started something out of nothing.

Oh, and the rankings for this tournament, I'd say if more than 5 players that always make it past pools go to this then keep the ranking, but this is my opinion, so it means nout.

Ehh... I was meant to say something else but I can't remember what it was, if I remember, then I'll put it here... :/ It was important though.. >.<

monty06

Smash Ace
well as 4 results so far people that get past pools that r going r

jake 4/4
caleb 4/4
myself 3/4
charles 4/4
alex 4/4 r u coming

and there other but cant remeber whos actually coming so its worth doing the normal rankings

Darv

Smash Apprentice
Im not going, out of practice and not really interested in smash at the moment.

Have fun guyz.

J03

Smash Master
just been talking to phil, he looks like hes going, not 100% though so dont kill me if he doesnt show. zeppo, why dont you get in touvh with phil and see about traveling together =/

euan: so if charles wins hes not good?, just means he had no decent competition

also i dont think this tourney should be ranked unless phil, zeppo and jam come, as i dont think its fair that people like euan and ed lose points just because there going to ros4!

that said im going and i look forward to it either way, hope to get in a crew match with RAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gunning for you guys ^_^

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
meh i dont think ill go, this tourney is going downhill, it dosent even seem a proper or well organized tourney anymore and all the good players seemed to have flaked, so im gonna probably just host a smashfest at my place instead next week...londoners are invited including R&F (if you guys plan to screw it too)

J03

Smash Master
fuzzy like i just poseted in london thread you should go. also dont even think about taking RAF away from us as we have some buisness to settle ^_^

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
so apparently if 5 GMC members get through pools the ranking stays? No Johns LMFAO Whilst most of the other good players aint even there, ill go next week if people have confirmed they're going.. (or probably if i get a lift anyway... but it wont be as good without all the smashers)

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
i cant afford this anymore so i guess i'll go charle's if he decides to host. :(

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
If you wanna go to this tourney, go to it if you can. Don't decide to go somewhere else just because it's closer. Tournament always have more players, more styles and more pressure.

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
Also you guys have done VERY little in the way of promoting or hyping this tournie up, ive seen barely any posts in this thread from any of GMC and whats with OGRE not posting at all when he has an account ?
I can't say I speak for the rest of my lot ¬_¬, but I myself have been dealing with shoddy routers and other such PC troubles, I only just got back on today after sunday morning my PSU randomly detonated.

Furthermore. In my defence, I work for a family buisness pretty much every day of the week that I don't physicaly prise myself away from. I have no time to run off to more convenient locations to look for other venues. This isn't anybody elses fault either. However - if people just arent willing to turn up, then unless some other members of my crew fancy getting off their *** and scouting for more preferable venues, perhaps maybe Bristol or something? Then I'm going to give up on holding them after this. I'm perfectly willing to get housing/whatever sorted for tournaments down where I live, but I really have no time whatsoever to run off and look for other spots >_<

Ôuçh!

Smash Cadet
Whats up my smash brothers....... RaF is coming to TNJ2 with complete RAGE.........

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
I find it funny you guys said you'd up your game when i won a tournament, GG
Was that aimed at R&F? If it was we didnt say that. I meant a lot of folk who went to the last tourney did! Honestly though a lot of the community (including myself) knew u were good but never expected u to win a tourney lol! But thats why i was so disapointed with people flaking. I thought BARE people would be training hardcore due to ur victory. So this tourney could have 'potentially' been the best coz EVERYONE would have bought their A* game, but it seems to be faaaaaaaaaaaaar from that now that hardly any1 is going! Kone did also give some understaandable reasons as to why a lot of his side aint coming so i guess i cant complain. Oh well R&F are still coming no matter what. Still gonna be fun imo! :laugh:

And u have to come to defend your title fuzz. U cant win the last tourney and then not show up, im sure others want a shot at the Heavy Weight Championship Belt lol!

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Oh, i swear someone said it o_O, my mistake there. I don't get whats with the euan comment :/

Was trying to start some trash talk anyway, seems backfired

Kone

Smash Master
In all fairness I would've came to this. If it wasn't for sdb members being wishy-washy and flaking. I can't afford to drive down on my own nor fly down this late (checked prices, to steep). With my work life I need to allow my manager to know whether im working more than a week in advance, as the kids I work with rely as do their parents on me being there. Thus If people that were coming with me can't give me definite answers I can't risk not working.

In future caleb if you do host again then ill fly to bristol and leave hte rest to sort themselves out.

Also, your homelife isnt an excuse man. EDster was very awkward for me, I really didnt want to host it by the point it rolled round due to my uni/work life. Bu tas a host your saying you CAN do it. If you cant get online and keep people interested then you shouldnt host. Sorry man, another pressure of being the host :/

RAF GET YOURSELFS TO SWEDEN YOU BUMS! FLIGHTS £50 RETURN FROM STANSTED. Come with me and jam ^_^

DevMBC

Smash Ace
RAF GET YOURSELFS TO SWEDEN YOU BUMS! FLIGHTS £50 RETURN FROM STANSTED. Come with me and jam ^_^
:D

I would well like to make this tourny - I've not really got the money but I could get it. Thing is it's second last weekend of halls an I've got a lot of mates who'll be heading home for the summer over the couple of days. I won't see them for like 4 months =s I'll see what happens an I'll let Dan know what I'm doing in the next couple of days.

an yeah where's all the trash talk? >_o ..nubs!

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Lol! Personally i'd love to go! I know it will be amazing but I'm gonna have to miss out on YET ANOTHER incredible tournament. Right now my money situation is so bad i'd struggle to buy a pair 3rd hand Hi Tech trainers. I dunno bout the rest tho, i'll run it past them when i next see them!

:yoshi: :mario:

Davemans

Smash Apprentice
I wouldve came to this had the mafia been going but i can see why theyre missing it, so no johns imo

Reacher

Smash Apprentice
Caleb: Would it be possible to hold up starting teams till about 12.30? Just checked train times and I'll arrive at Pen Mill at 12.03 if all goes well.

Reacher

Smash Apprentice
lol pipe down you, I wouldn't have asked but it's only an extra half an hour, and as caleb said they've got the venue till forever o'clock so it's worth a try.

Kone

Smash Master
quick advert lol :

ros4 is coming up guys. largest in euro tourney history. UK is wanting to rep hard so looking at as many of us brits turning up as possible. we also need as many of our top playres shown up, for international crews.

i urge as many people to come as possible. flights £50 return form lon stansted.

id love to see dan, phil, jake,spam there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom