• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This is my power... but what is my purpose? ~ Mewtwo Social Thread

NH Cody

Smash Champion
And I'm not too sure about that tournament in Troy...usually when I go to NY it's LI so I can see family.

What is there to do in upstate NY? lol

NH Cody

Smash Champion
LI = Long Island

My relatives are far away from upstate is what I was trying to say -_-

But now that Cataclysm's postponed I guess I might be going to RoM

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
So...I'm probably going all M2 at Apex. ^-^

Do you guys think having Marth and Jigglypuff as backups covers Mewtwo's bad MUs?
Marth and Jiggs cover their bad match-ups alone.

I'm going all M2 at Apex in singles, except in cases of extreme stage counterpicks and cheesing.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Right...
I might have to use Marth if I play a Marth main, because I wouldn't want to walk into a matchup that's 0-100 in my opponent's favor -_-
the Marth/M2 match-up is like 85-15 at the very very worst. there is no "unbeatable/unwinnable" character or match-up. it is the person that you are playing against, not the character. that being said, if you're not confident in your ability to play a Marth PLAYER with M2, by all means learn Sheik :laugh:

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I like marth vs m2. Right now, Im trying to get at peach. Its kinda more just dont get that close to her and mix it up. stomp nairs on her *** and dont contest any of her attacks lol.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Hey Taj and Mewtwo forum, I have a Mewtwo/Fox MU you should all watch... (more entertainment wise than how to "actually" play the MU, but overall it's pretty good... Since Taj is posting about how to fight Fox, I went on ahead, and recorded some against Axe's Fox.. it'll be up today! promise.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPdByVO57VY

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I like marth vs m2. Right now, Im trying to get at peach. Its kinda more just dont get that close to her and mix it up. stomp nairs on her *** and dont contest any of her attacks lol.
yeah Peach really really punishes M2 hard, despite him being able to kill her @ really low %s. Play defensive and try to outsmart and outplay the Peach, but by all means try not to go head to head unless you have her in a compromising position.

True, I should be even more courageous I guess.

So Kaostar, are you definitely going to Apex?
@ the next Mass Madness I'll hunt you down and we can play some Marth M2 friendlies allright? =) Mewtwo dittoes are dumbsauce.

I will not be at apex. im planning on going to rom 3 tho.
I'll see you @ rom 3 if you go! :bee:

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
And Axe, no you won't ever win a major national tournament with pikachu, and you won't become top 5 in the world. It's just.....reality. Sorry dude, I like your pikachu, you're awesome, but it's not gonna happen.
Melee Singles

1. Hungrybox (Puff)
2. Armada (Peach)
3. Mew2King (Marth, Fox, Sheik (?))
4. Dr.PeePee (Falco)
5. Wobbles (Ice Climbers)
5. Axe (Pikachu, Falco)
7. Jman (Fox)
7. Zhu (Falco)
9. Hax (Captain Falcon)
9. DaShizWiz (Falco, Fox)
9. Eggm (Fox)
9. Vanz (Peach, Puff, Sheik)
10 ironies looooooooool. that is all.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I think somebody owes AXE an apology lol. IMO as a child, Christmas was ruined a bit too early for you.

Crazy how he placed top 5 isnt it?!?
Axe, and Toony, all I have to say is: lol. Defy reality all you want. And Axe, no you won't ever win a major national tournament with pikachu, and you won't become top 5 in the world. It's just.....reality. Sorry dude, I like your pikachu, you're awesome, but it's not gonna happen.

Oh and toony how'd your tournament go by the way?
I believe in you axe.
Axe is the "wrong" person to say those things too...he's already proved more than enough to the world about stuff...and potentially he has the BEST shot over ANYONE to do this.. It'll take lots of hard work, but Axe will do it.. =)
(in a years time Axe wins Pound 6 against Mango using Pikachu) lmao! of course it's possible dude. *points @ Iori.* sure Iori used Sheik against IHSB but seriously M2 vs samus is bull****. i've played the match-up in tourny. it's winnable but REALLY stupid.

about the mindset thing, seriously if you keep saying to yourself that it can't be done THEN IT WON'T BE DONE. the battle is 80% mental. of course you'll get wreaked by human players better than you, but here's the kicker; you can either let that hold you down, or you can let it DRIVE you. not to prove anything to the other players, but to prove it to yourself.

both these are worth watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltqgP-Xgceg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9khDedACgY&feature=related

EDIT: @ seanthedonconsidine you do realize his tourny is on saturday right? >.<
Dude, wtf is that ****. Axe is a brilliant player at the prime age of his cognitive development towards mastery. His Pikachu is definitely capable of reaching the national stage. A top 5 placement is NOT impossible for Axe.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Apex Melee Singles:

1. Hungrybox (Puff)
2. Armada (Peach)
3. Mew2King (Marth, Fox)
4. Dr.PeePee (Falco)
5. Axe (Pikachu)

And Axe, no you won't ever win a major national tournament with pikachu, and you won't become top 5 in the world. It's just.....reality. Sorry dude, I like your pikachu, you're awesome, but it's not gonna happen.
So... What have you learned? :)

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
lmao at least i was the first one to post about that. I believe the 5 of us are eagerly awaiting an answer lol.

Good **** AXE. that set against Armada was very well played, though he really read the mother****ing crap out of you the 3rd round. :( i'm gonna go see if the sets against DSW and J-Man are up yet.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Apex Melee Singles:

1. Hungrybox (Puff)
2. Armada (Peach)
3. Mew2King (Marth, Fox)
4. Dr.PeePee (Falco)
5. Axe (Pikachu)

So... What have you learned? :)
LMAO! Where you at seanthedonconsidine :laugh:

Good ****, AXE 09, Congrats. That's really neat. :)
Any word on how any M2 players did? Couldn't watch anything... Was out visiting family while stuff was going down.
Also, Taj is a funny guy.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
It was great thanks for asking.

I watched Taj play on a projector screen, he WAS incredible.

I didn't get to meet him though because I left early on the third day

But I did meet Axe, hopefully I'll see everyone again at another tourney someday.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Hey all!

Nice to meet you guys. I've been trying to pick up Mewtwo for about 3-4 months now, and I've got soo many questions. You'll be seeing alot more of me in here.

LordAizen

Smash Journeyman
I don't think i've posted in this thread but I'm sure alot of people already recognize me cuz I ask alot of M2 questions lol. Well yeah I'm relatively new to Mewtwo but I want to main him and be a really good Mewtwo main. I love him and I actually do better with M2 than any other character surprisingly.

LordAizen

Smash Journeyman
Thanks lol. I suck with mewtwo

I have a problem with Mewtwo(well with every character in general lol) I can wavedash perfectly but in an actual fight I get to nervous and instead of wavedashing like I should I just freak out and do noobish attacks and stuff. how do I overcome this bad habit?

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Practice is the best medicine son. just play as many people as you can. preferabily they should be better than you but playing someone slightly below/at the same level as you won't hurt getting the technical stuffs down.

Top Bottom