• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This is my power... but what is my purpose? ~ Mewtwo Social Thread

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Mewtwo is solid tho. I really cant see it any other way. Its like he doesnt have tools to handle certain things, but you just make tools outta sticks and **** and you got this.
So...you're saying that we can pose a threat as Mewtwo once we get better experience with him?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Its more like trying to start a fire in the forest with "two" sticks. Had you just picked fox you could have literally just said "FiYah!"

NH Cody

Smash Champion
I mean, it doesn't have to be any one of you specifically, but it would be preferred that somebody makes it who has a comprehensive understanding of MUs, frame data, priority, etc. It would very much help out Melee beginners like me, lulz.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I could dig that. I STILL don't know all of Mewtwo's sweetspots for his tail aerials; I keep hearing his uair's sweetspot is somewhere over his head, but I SWEAR it's better about two frames later above his tube.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Lol, I could probably make a guide. I started collecting data awhile back but I was waiting to borrow my friends AR and I kinda never followed through wit it.

Ill try to put something together, but until then-feel free to pm me or post any videos and I can help you out with MUs or tips, combos, mind games whatever.

Lol never thought we would get any new m2 players.

@steelia, the sweet spot is in the same spot on his tail for the most part. take the tip, move down to where it gets skinny, and just about where it starts getting fat again. I mean that little part under the the bulb of the tail. You just hit with that for all moves.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Lol, I could probably make a guide. I started collecting data awhile back but I was waiting to borrow my friends AR and I kinda never followed through wit it.

Ill try to put something together, but until then-feel free to pm me or post any videos and I can help you out with MUs or tips, combos, mind games whatever.

Lol never thought we would get any new m2 players.

@steelia, the sweet spot is in the same spot on his tail for the most part. take the tip, move down to where it gets skinny, and just about where it starts getting fat again. I mean that little part under the the bulb of the tail. You just hit with that for all moves.
Thank you Kaostar.

I could probably get damage data too if you need it, and if there's anything you'd like help with or contributed feel free to ask.

I wouldn't want you to have to go through all the trouble of writing a novel by yourself like quak did.

SDC

Smash Lord
I'm not afraid of a learning curve.

I get that.

But like I said, I'm not afraid of having to learn a tough character, instead of taking the easy way out and going Marth. By that logic I would just use MK in brawl. :rolleyes:
That's a good and bad comparison. It works on the level of "switching to a top tier character because you want to win", but it also doesn't work because MK is substantially more broken then marth, or anyone else in melee. MK is god of brawl, no discussion. Marth, or anybody else in the top tier, have their counterpicks and weaknesses, they are not indestructible. (Yes some might try to make the argument that sheik is god of melee, but if that were true then tournament results would match those of MK in brawl, and they obviously don't.) Picking one of them up is not "taking the easy way out" but instead dramatically improving your chances of success, and fun. Winning is fun, and honestly, using a high/top tier character is quite fun. Switching to MK would be taking the easy way out, while switching to Marth would be like picking up a legitimate competitive character.

How do you figure that working on two characters will get me farther than focusing solely on one?
Because relying solely on one character is unwise because:
1. It might cause some of your play to become stale. I learned alot about spacing, and how to do it appropriately, when I finally picked up Jiggz and Ganon. If you only use mewtwo, your abilities and skillset might stagnate, derailing your improvement.
2. It will completely hinder you in competitive play. In competitive play, when somebody sees you pick up mewtwo, they will probably select one of his absolute worst matchups (Marth, Ganon, Sheik, or Captain Falcon). In this scenario, it will be good to have a good counterpick to any one of those characters, you would want to be skilled with either, say, Jigglypuff, Sheik, or Fox, in order to counter the opponent's character that destroys Mewtwo.
3. Picking up a high/top tier is fun. Using a good character is just plain fun, it's like finding a really good weapon in some shooting game and just blowing away your opponents, it's just really **** fun.

So...you're saying that we can pose a threat as Mewtwo once we get better experience with him?
No. Honestly, that will never happen. Mewtwo is THAT bad. Mewtwo will never be a LEGITIMATE threat to anyone who knows the matchup and how to exploit mewtwo's many, glaring, if not immediately subtle, weaknesses.
If anyone actually has ever played a good mewtwo, and knows what to look for, and how to respond appropriately, your chances of winning are pathetically low. It's for this reason that you do want to pick up a high/top tier character: when they figure out your mewtwo's tricks, you better have a legitimate response.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I see no problem with 1 character.

but i can see potential benefit of two or three.

mewtwo however will not make you an amazing player. I couldn't shuffle for awhile, never had to, although I could l cancel.

its also nice to have a different outlook or perspective. you can apply things from multiple characters. having a cp is good. players have different strengths and weaknesses and you get a different mix of attributes and style

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Sean, I think you're forgetting a few major details here.

If MK is the God of Brawl, and as you say, the chances of low tiers beating top tiers (especially the "God") are much smaller in Brawl, then M2K wouldn't have lost twice to a Sonic in tournament play. Mind you Sonic is terrible, and I would know. If it is as you say, then Melee's low tiers are even more likely to win vs top tiers, and we do stand a chance as Mewtwo (unless it is in a ridiculously bad MU like you described). I mean, I'm pretty sure that Mewtwo

-has a shield
-can grab
-can spotdodge (however laggy) and
-can jump

...so if we know what our opponent is going to do, we should be able to predict and punish.

But for those dreadful MUs like vs Marth and Sheik, I see now that you're right and that I should have a backup. I'll go with Marth for that.

SDC

Smash Lord
Sean, I think you're forgetting a few major details here.

If MK is the God of Brawl, and as you say, the chances of low tiers beating top tiers (especially the "God") are much smaller in Brawl, then M2K wouldn't have lost twice to a Sonic in tournament play. Mind you Sonic is terrible, and I would know. If it is as you say, then Melee's low tiers are even more likely to win vs top tiers, and we do stand a chance as Mewtwo (unless it is in a ridiculously bad MU like you described). I mean, I'm pretty sure that Mewtwo

-has a shield
-can grab
-can jump

...so if we know what our opponent is going to do, we should be able to predict and punish.

But for those dreadful MUs like vs Marth and Sheik, I see now that you're right and that I should have a backup. I'll go with Marth for that.
M2K losing to a sonic was a fluke. I can't believe that you actually think that that means anything. Flukes happen, yes, but in general MK is the god of brawl, hands down, no question asked, period.

I don't mean to seem condescending here, and I really hate to be the one who points out somebody's join date and says "You're a noob" (yeah I hate it when somebody does that too), but, honestly, you're speaking from inexperience. Mewtwo loses, to nearly everyone decent. He is seriously one of the worst characters in the entire game.

If it is as you say, then Melee's low tiers are even more likely to win vs top tiers, and we do stand a chance as Mewtwo (unless it is in a ridiculously bad MU like you described). I mean, I'm pretty sure that Mewtwo

-has a shield
-can grab
-can jump

Honestly, from this quote, I can tell that you really haven't played much melee at the competitive level. Jumping, grabbing, shielding, and spot dodging (lol) will not get you anything at the competitive level. The character's moveset, dynamics, and key attributes play a huge factor. The quality of the character matters, and mewtwo.....has no quality. Yeah the player's skill matters, but no player can overcome such blatant flaws. In melee, Mewtwo is a terrible character. Seriously, he's a terrible, terrible character. When you finally do play somebody who is actually above average, then you will see just how, well, hopeless, it is for mewtwo to do much of anything at a high level. Which is why Taj is treated like a god on these threads, because he makes this trash character seem like, not trash.

As I said, I don't want to seem condescending, but I went through this exact same phase when I first got into the competitive scene: I thought if I was good enough I could do it, I thought I could make the character good, I thought I could "do the impossible". But when I actually started to play, I realized....no that's not gonna happen. For the vast majority of players (Taj and a couple others not included), mewtwo is not a competitively viable character, and when you actually start to play people who are good, you will quickly realize that.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
M2K losing to a sonic was a fluke. I can't believe that you actually think that that means anything. Flukes happen, yes, but in general MK is the god of brawl, hands down, no question asked, period.
If you honestly mean to tell me you believe X won twice by a fluke, not because of skill with a terrible character and his capacity to read M2K, then you are very, very sorely mistaken. It doesn't matter how awful Sonic was, what mattered was how X used the character effectively to the basic stipulations of predicting and punishing.
I don't mean to seem condescending here, and I really hate to be the one who points out somebody's join date and says "You're a noob" (yeah I hate it when somebody does that too), but, honestly, you're speaking from inexperience.
Actually no, because if you believe players start playing smash AS SOON as they join Smashboards and have zero prior experience with gameplay mechanics, then again you are sadly misinformed. If you just started playing Smash in 2009 like your join date, then I have many more years of experience than you do.
Mewtwo loses, to nearly everyone decent. He is seriously one of the worst characters in the entire game.
I don't need to be a Melee pro to know that you mean "The players who use Mewtwo...lose to nearly everyone decent." And even that is inaccurate, because we know players like Taj have proved the character viable.
Honestly, from this quote, I can tell that you really haven't played much melee at the competitive level. Jumping, grabbing, shielding, and spot dodging (lol) will not get you anything at the competitive level.
Uh, lolwut? You're saying in Melee there is no way to prevent being hit and grabbed by other players besides hitting them and grabbing them first. I've seen enough tournament matches to know this is not the case. And I've played enough Melee to know that pressing R will prevent you from being hit, then set you up for a free grab by pressing A (unless the attack was spaced).
The character's moveset, dynamics, and key attributes play a huge factor. The quality of the character matters, and mewtwo.....has no quality. Yeah the player's skill matters, but no player can overcome such blatant flaws.
The player's skill matters more than you think. As you have mentioned, Taj and a few others have proved that it is not "impossible to win" with such "blatant flaws" and a "nonviable" character.
Which is why Taj is treated like a god on these threads, because he makes this trash character seem like, not trash.
This disagrees with the immediate below. If Mewtwo is so "impossible" to use and "not viable" in competitive play, then Taj would not have been able to win like he did. And for him it wasn't "hopeless."
In Melee, Mewtwo is a terrible character. Seriously, he's a terrible, terrible character. When you finally do play somebody who is actually above average, then you will see just how, well, hopeless, it is for mewtwo to do much of anything at a high level.
It's not 100% hopeless. I am certain of this.
As I said, I don't want to seem condescending, but I went through this exact same phase when I first got into the competitive scene: I thought if I was good enough I could do it, I thought I could make the character good, I thought I could "do the impossible". But when I actually started to play, I realized....no that's not gonna happen. For the vast majority of players (Taj and a couple others not included), mewtwo is not a competitively viable character, and when you actually start to play people who are good, you will quickly realize that.
Emphasis on "Taj and a couple others not included".

I think the big idea is, if Taj and a couple others could do it, anyone can with perseverance and practice with a couple different characters and playstyles. If you think there's more to it, than I must be missing something. From what I understand, practice makes perfect. And Mewtwo can attack, and deal damage just like every other character can, so I just don't see how you figure it is "impossible" to win when the Mewtwo player is at the appropriate skill level to deal with the opponent.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I think the big idea is, if Taj and a couple others could do it, anyone can with perseverance and practice with a couple different characters and playstyles. If you think there's more to it, than I must be missing something. From what I understand, practice makes perfect.
This is pretty much my mentality when working with Mewtwo right here. If I'm losing against my opponent, to me, that means I have to get better. Lately, my youngest bro has been picking up his game, and has actually been winning a few matches against me... It wasn't until I picked up a few tricks from some of you more hardcore M2 players (being a little more patient beign key) that I was finally able to put him back in his place. :laugh:

However...

And Mewtwo can attack, and deal damage just like every other character can, so I just don't see how you figure it is "impossible" to win when the Mewtwo player is at the appropriate skill level to deal with the opponent.
While this is true, as you're probably well aware, there ARE characters that do have more favorable match-ups against M2... like Marth. Marth is pretty beastly; his sword is fast, it's got great reach, and M2 can get tipped by it really easily due to his large size... and M2 doesn't exactly have very fast options when in closer combat.

Sure, skill of the player has almost everything to do with it... but... sometimes, even picking a different character (going from, say, a Samus to a Marth to face off against your M2) can mean all the difference.

Just saying, of course... As much as I enjoy playing Mewtwo through thick and thin, Marth would probably be one of the few characters I wouldn't set myself up against as M2.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Like I mentioned earlier, I meant it's always possible to win, unless it's some ridiculous MU where we are at a significant disadvantage and the logical option is to choose a different character to deal with the MU.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I........LOVE your determination and will ToonySonic...It's been a while since Axe, and myself have seen players like yourself...It's nice to see.. =)

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Don't get it twisted, Vectorman. Just because he's determined doesn't mean he's DELUSIONAL, like yourself. :p

jk jk <33333

NH Cody

Smash Champion
I........LOVE your determination and will ToonySonic...It's been a while since Axe, and myself have seen players like yourself...It's nice to see.. =)
Well, thanks.

I mean,

unless you're trying to be sarcastic in some way...

Don't get it twisted, Vectorman. Just because he's determined doesn't mean he's DELUSIONAL, like yourself. :p

jk jk <33333
Hey Taj, you're going to Apex right?

And Kaostar you are too, aren't you?

If so, it would be great if you guys played me/critiqued my Mewtwo.

SDC

Smash Lord
If you honestly mean to tell me you believe X won twice by a fluke, not because of skill with a terrible character and his capacity to read M2K, then you are very, very sorely mistaken. It doesn't matter how awful Sonic was, what mattered was how X used the character effectively to the basic stipulations of predicting and punishing.
Yes, it WAS a fluke, and NO it will most likely not happen again. If it was so easy to overcome MK with sonic, then why do all sonic mains drop him for better characters, and why does sonic perform so poorly in tournaments, while MK wins easily most of them?
It's a fluke, nothing more.

Actually no, because if you believe players start playing smash AS SOON as they join Smashboards and have zero prior experience with gameplay mechanics, then again you are sadly misinformed. If you just started playing Smash in 2009 like your join date, then I have many more years of experience than you do.
I didn't actually mean "your join date is so early that means you're a scrub", I meant it might have been easy to misconstrue what I was about to say as "your join date is so recent". And I've been playing melee since the gamecube came out, it was like the first game I got with it. I just joined up smashboards and started playing competitively last year.
One thing I AM sure of, I have more competitive experience then you do.

I don't need to be a Melee pro to know that you mean "The players who use Mewtwo...lose to nearly everyone decent." And even that is inaccurate, because we know players like Taj have proved the character viable.
No. Taj has not proven that the character is viable at a high level. I love the guy, he's awesome, but nobody, I repeat NOBODY has proven that he's viable at a high level. Unless Taj pulls a miracle out of his *** at APEX and beats the top players of mewtwo's worst matchups, then no, nobody's ever proven that mewtwo can win a major national tourney. And my prediction is, probably, unfortunately, nobody ever will, the character is that bad. Not sayin I don't believe in Taj, but, I like to be realistic.

Uh, lolwut? You're saying in Melee there is no way to prevent being hit and grabbed by other players besides hitting them and grabbing them first. I've seen enough tournament matches to know this is not the case. And I've played enough Melee to know that pressing R will prevent you from being hit, then set you up for a free grab by pressing A (unless the attack was spaced).The player's skill matters more than you think. As you have mentioned, Taj and a few others have proved that it is not "impossible to win" with such "blatant flaws" and a "nonviable" character.This disagrees with the immediate below. If Mewtwo is so "impossible" to use and "not viable" in competitive play, then Taj would not have been able to win like he did. And for him it wasn't "hopeless."
You're joking, right? You've obviously never played competitive melee in your life. Blocking....jesus christ....blocking and shield grabbing, is not going to win you matches with one of the worst in the game against the best in the game. I don't even know why I'm still having this conversation.

My advice: Go play some people who are actually good for a change, somebody with actual skill, and reality will hit you like a ton of bricks. Against good people, shield grabbing does not work, and in fact is your downfall many times. Good players know how to bait a shieldgrab and then punish. And because their character is much better then yours is, they can do it much more easily and better then you can.

It's not 100% hopeless. I am certain of this.
Why? Why are you certain of this? What makes you certain of this? You just THINK it'll work? You have "faith" lol? You've seen a couple Taj vids on youtube and you think it can work for everyone else (and more)? Go try using mewtwo COMPETITIVELY. Key word: COMPETITIVELY. Not against your friends, not against your little brother, against some melee nerd who knows how to shield pressure, punish, space, mindgame, and basically destroy anyone who should get destroyed, IE mewtwo.

Emphasis on "Taj and a couple others not included".

What I meant/said was only a few players can make the character appear viable, but most cannot even hold their own. Taj, Vman, Iori, etc are good enough to hold their own on the competitive scene (but not to win a major tournament with mewtwo, mind you), but they're 3 out of how many players? And, on top of that, how many times has Taj or any other mewtwo main won a major national tourney with mewtwo? There's a reason Taj has mained Marth, Fox, Sheik, etc because mewtwo can't and won't win at a high level in competitive tournament play.

Unless of course Taj somehow wins at APEX lol. <3

I think the big idea is, if Taj and a couple others could do it, anyone can with perseverance and practice with a couple different characters and playstyles. If you think there's more to it, than I must be missing something. From what I understand, practice makes perfect. And Mewtwo can attack, and deal damage just like every other character can, so I just don't see how you figure it is "impossible" to win when the Mewtwo player is at the appropriate skill level to deal with the opponent.
No. "the big idea" is WRONG.

1. The "just because Taj can do it that means I can" argument is seriously flawed. Taj is like 8000x better then you'll ever be lol, I guarantee it. He doesn't even win with mewtwo all the time against good players, and if he's the best there is then what hope do you have?
2. You're ignoring CHARACTER ABILITY. You can talk all you want about player skill, but if you think mewtwo can be good if the player is good enough, you're dead wrong. The abilities of the character are extremely important to competitive play. A certain tool/attribute of a character may tip the scale in his favor in a close match. The better your character, the better your chances are of winning. The worse your character, the worse your character's chances are of winning. I shouldn't have to explain this to you.

As I've said numerous times, I shouldn't have to explain this to you. Honestly, you're speaking from Naivety. There's no other way of putting it. I used to think the same way BEFORE I started really playing competitively. I used to think that if I was good enough I could make the character win, but then I quickly figured out, "no, that's not going to happen".
Here's what I am telling you to do: go play your mewtwo competitively, and after you've been destroyed enough times, come back and tell me just how good mewtwo can be, ok? Don't just listen to me, listen to REALITY. Let REALITY hit you in the face with a chain of disjointed hitboxed-fairs until you finally understand just how hopeless it is.

I have put alot of time and effort into learning mewtwo, enough to the point where I can actually sort of hold my own in a competitive match. It took me a ****-load of time to be able to do that, and, despite mewtwo being my best character, I will never win a major tournament, because it's just not going to happen. Mewtwo is that **** bad. I'm repeating myself now, but just go play somebody who's good and you'll discover how bad he really is.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Hey, don't be too mean here. I don't know much about this Sonic player, but in order for it to be a fluke, his one set win over M2K would have to affect his placing. If he also happened to roll quite a few other top players that tournament, then even if he could never replicate the same success due to people learning more about the match-up I wouldn't call it a fluke.

I remember talking to M2K, and he mentioned that he is the only MK to ever win a national tournament. It made me realize quite quickly that of course that is no excuse to say MK isn't top tier or even broken. It should be obvious that he is cockblocking the other MKs, but even more importantly it is the players winning the tournaments, even if they're using good characters. Ally and ADHD have won national tourneys too, but who else? They're consistent winners with consistently good characters. Adaptation to an unknown character in between sets happens a lot. See Justin Wong's Fei Long vs. Daigo. J. Wong swept him in winners bracket, only to get rolled by Daigo after figuring out the character since Fei Long wasn't played in Japan.

Someone being best in the world with a weaker characters/class is not impossible, it is just rare. Toony is completely entitled to playing Mewtwo with however much success or determination he wants at any level of competition he desires. It isn't necessarily delusional to say that Mewtwo is so bad that he can't win against good players. He may have to completely outclass/surprise his opponents to win, but if he's able to do that consistently and get the results he wants, all the power to him. I kinda wanted to touch on this in my other thread, but to reiterate one of my points, Melee is a game with enough depth to allow a player of a certain level of skill to compete with the majority of characters against a relatively even opponent.

How this scales between competitive skill-levels varies quite a bit, and there are a lot of variables like stages, character match-ups on specific stages, player styles, and strategies, but I Toony was not incorrect in saying that this was proven, because I and a few others have proven it. There are some games where some characters/classes/units or whatever are simply not viable at any level of play, but this game is not one of them. This game is also not so perfect that a bottom tier character can't be cheesed out of a win either.

I remember Kirby Kid beating SOS in most neutral stages only to be counter-picked and camped the rest of the set for a guaranteed win. Some characters just can't pull it off. Pichu, Kirby, Ness, and Yoshi (Sorry Vman) come to mind. However, we have witnessed decent mid-level play from Bowsers, Mewtwo, Pikachu, Link, Young Link, and several other low tiers on the national and international stage over the years.

After M2K played me recently, I seemed to have inspired him to fool around with M2 again, and I guess I managed to convince him that Mewtwo could potentially be a mid-tier character, though I still disagree with that, we concurred that Mewtwo was definitely low-tier.

I wouldn't say he's delusional or naive, but he's definitely optimistic. Whether it's misplaced or not is irrelevant, he can believe in the potential of the character he likes as much as he wants. ICG seems to believe in Pichu, even though there is absolutely no reason to, and I would disagree on a lot of things he argues for, he has every right to with even less of a foothold than Toony has for thinking Mewtwo can be played based on the performances of a few good players. National tourney winners, or not. I've proven that Mewtwo can be played at high level tournaments, just don't count on Mewtwo winning a national tournament exclusively.

I don't know if he has better reaction time, intuition, or awareness than me, but even if he doesn't, with practice and dedication I see no reason why he at the very least can't **** on baddies with Mewtwo like I've done my entire smash career. :)

From the other perspective, Toony, if you're genuinely looking to improve as a player, there is nothing wrong with picking Mewtwo, but in tournaments it would be wise to consider picking characters with more margin for error until you've reached an optimum comfort level taking a bottom tier through the tourney. It took me a long time to do even do that much, myself.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Well, thanks.

I mean,

unless you're trying to be sarcastic in some way...

Nah man, I'm dead serious...you're saying that to a Mewtwo/Yoshi player, I definately know what it's like for people to underestimate your character, myself, Taj, and Axe probably know that better than most... I'm admiring your adoration for the char you like to use. Puts a smile on my face ^^

@Taj........no son! Yoshi is mad sick! just you wait..! I'll show you!

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I absolutely love all this activity lol.

I also love how none of it is tactical lol.

mewtwo isn't utter trash, I feel like I have become sloppy with my movements and its holding me back. @taj or vman you guys do anything to practice for specific things? just curios really, I have ways of practicing already.

maybe im just asking taj cuz vman probably only practices yoshi lol.

edit: oh man 3 am, post was hella random
/johns

SDC

Smash Lord
I'm not trying to be mean, just trying to make him realize that there isn't a whole lot of reason to be optimistic about mewtwo. I'm trying to level off his expectations and his hopes because they're not going to happen, simple as that. I do hope that mewtwo starts doing better, but I doubt it. Mewtwo is a pretty **** bad character, and that's just reality. =/

Or maybe I'm just bitter. That's also a possibility.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
It's probably a little bit of both, tbh. Don't shatter his hopes and dreams. He isn't being delusional about it like ICG. :p 3 am posts are the most fun. Just let it alllll gooooooo

SDC

Smash Lord
It's probably a little bit of both, tbh. Don't shatter his hopes and dreams. He isn't being delusional about it like ICG. :p 3 am posts are the most fun. Just let it alllll gooooooo
Lol I know right? It's 5am here, I'm tired, and I don't feel like being cordial AT ALL. Yeah early morning posts.....not always the wisest things to make, but always alot of fun afterwards. XD

EDIT:

Mango's Mewtwo is funny.
I've never seen Mango's mewtwo, are there any vids of it?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Nah Kaos, I don't only practice Yoshi, I guess you can say I have a case of ICG, a bit... and I'd rather be noticed for my Yoshi, rather than being known for my Mewtwo... not saying, that I don't want people to know my mewtwo is good... I'd just rather people think when they see my tag is "oh vman is that awesome Yoshi player, rather than.. "vman" the Mewtwo player... I love both "reputationalwise" Just I don feel anyone out there is trying to push Yoshi's game Like I am...(and I can't blame them honestly) Just something i'm challenging myself too to push my limits. and forgive me If im wrong.. I even hope Im wrong....but seems nobody else wants to even attempt him, so I guess i'm being that "stupid" guy who will attempt, but knowing me I won't allow myself to fail.. and even if I do, it won't stop me from trying

just mainly trying to be known for the guy who pushed Yoshi's game.. kind of like how Axe pushed Pikachu's =)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
that AZ monopoly lol.

so you are a yoshi main then lol, you gotta admit it sooner or later.

do what you gotta do then. make sure to visit the two boards sometime, we ll miss you haha

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Main wise. I would love to say my Yoshi's better than my Mewtwo.. OMG I'd love that.. but facts are facts at this moment in time... and my mewtwo is def > yoshi, the Goal is to have my Yoshi better than mewtwo.. sooner rather than later of course, but even I, know how long it might take... and knowing i've been practicing mewtwo for a good 2 years before I got to where I am now, I'd imagine, Yoshi's might take long/longer than that...so for the time being.. I"m still a Mewtwo, and I always will be.., however in the future when it's all said and done...

I'd rather be known as a Yoshi player

We'll miss you! lol no you won't.. well taj won't.. haha, he sorta wants/wanted me to quit Mewtwo.. saying "hey I wouldn't mind" lol <3 Tony...

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
im telling you, all you gotta do is declare. its like being a chem major.

change your little icon and make a new sig. its where your heart is, not who is better.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Honestly, I don't know where it's at.. I'm making myself believe my heart is with Yoshi, but I really doubt that's the case... I'm sure if Yoshi's game was "already pushed to the limits" I wouldn't even be having this debate right now... My heart is telling me it's Yoshi, however it's all for the wrong reasons.. I like Mewtwo more than Yoshi, by a fair amount..and no disrespect towards Taj, but first thing people think when they talk about Mewtwo is "indeed" Taj's...and I'm fine with that, but at the end of my time, I'd like to be my own entity, not by "as many players state" attempting to emulate Taj's.

Whether I become best Mewtwo/2nd best, 3rd best, whatever doesn't really matter to me, It's more like a "benefit" than a want or a desire. I guess you could say I want to be that guy everyone looks up to (Like taj) except for my case "Yoshi" I feel as if I've learned and followed, and now am testing if I'm good enough to lead. ^^

Taj is "already" my favorite player, and person I've idolized even getting into competetive smash, from watching his amazing m2 matches w/forward to watching his fox/marth/sheik do business in 2004, to watching Taj/Forward give Ken/Isai their first teams loss.. I've most likely seen most of Taj's matches... I told Taj I wanted to someday surpass his Mewtwo.. Heck I still do.. =), however it was that kind of motivation/drive I needed to become a better Mewtwo player, when in reality, all I think I wanted was to become a recognized Mewtwo player..

Now since I've reached that step, (I hope) =p I'm furthering my goal, by making a challenge more difficult then the previous one, but whats driving me on Yoshi, is that nobody has attempted to really delve deep into yoshi's game.. I feel like that's what I'm doing, and if I'm successful, I would have my own recognition for a character....and my own entity

To be blunt about it, in all out honesty, I really believe I'm playing Yoshi "perhaps for the wrong reason" but on top of that... the more I play him, the more I realize, well to me, the amazing potential that Yoshi has, that I don't believe is given enough credit for, and for good reason too...With this factor coming into fruition, my mindset, and belief that I can actually do this become more visible to me, and on top of that, I realize I actually have alot more fun playing Yoshi, than I do any other character currently. This also is influencing my decision because I like characters whom I enjoy playing...because it keeps the game fun for me, while of course maintaining tournament level viable play..

So I guess in conclusion you are indeed right kaos, when all is said and done, I will indeed become a "Yoshi" main etc... right now at this moment in time.. I'm not though, but i'm hoping very soon i can be, since my enjoyment of playing Yoshi is greater than playing Mewtwo...(mewtwo's mad fun to play too, I just enjoy it more w/Yoshi. =)

Top Bottom