• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This is my power... but what is my purpose? ~ Mewtwo Social Thread

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Yeeeeupp. We needed just that, evidently lolol.

How come when I type in "Taj Mewtwo" on youtube, almost all the results are from 3+ years ago =[

WHO HAS GOOD RECENT VIDS???

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
i have nothing from melee that's less than a year old.

Dissention was my last Melee tourny.

i play project m now lol

i dk about anyone else

:phone:

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Aw.

I played some project M with some random noobs at a tourney last month lol...and once at a tourney like 2 years ago

I'd rather play the original Melee because it has :150:

but still, I think it's amazing how many Melee tourneys are in Console Tournament Listings and tourney results. I hope people keep playing the game long enough to give me some time to get good at it xD I at least want to play some good Mewtwo players at Apex...or just any good Melee players in general. I had a lot of fun last time even though I didn't beat anyone in pools lol. Since I came to the M2 boards last, I improved markedly at Brawl and became power ranked. My aspiration is to improve at Melee as well. I can watch Melee videos now and understand most of what's going on (unlike before). I think if one is good at any Smash game, he or she can definitely apply the knowledge of how to read/space/adapt/condition/mindgame etc. to any other Smash game. This is why I'm not entirely apprehensive about Smash 4...I'm betting I will be able to handle the transition in the unlikely event that Brawl and Melee lose popularity.

Thus, I am inclined to ask, are there any Mewtwo players left who plan to attend Apex and would at least meet me and do a few friendlies with me? I can apply any critiques or feedback really quickly lol. For now I'd appreciate any links to good Mewtwo videos, or if my suspicions are correct and people haven't been using much M2 lately, then I'll watch any good GFs or noteworthy sets that you guys think I could benefit from watching.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
lol i wish GTZ was hosting another smashacuttes (or however that's spelled) sooner

i'm probably rusty as heck but i could probably still give you advice/pointers

and i play P:M despite the lack of Mewtwo because Bowser is viable, and my secondary Lucario is at least as fun (if not more so) than Melee Mewtwo.

if they complete a clone engine and include a buffed Mewtwo i'd be all over that lol.

i'd still main Boozer tho :awesome:

EDIT: also i doubt there are any notable Mewtwo's going to Apex, this place is a wasteland :urg:

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Two washed up "has beens" (xD) will be showing up to Apex.. that play Mewtwo.. :)

If you need/want a hint, they're both from AZ. :)

NH Cody

Smash Champion
im prob going to apex...its been too long
Two washed up "has beens" (xD) will be showing up to Apex.. that play Mewtwo.. :)

If you need/want a hint, they're both from AZ. :)
:bee:

Fantastic! I'll try extra hard to meet up with you guys this time! Last time I brought a list of people to play but only found/played approximately half of them. I did meet Axe, and a few other people, which was nice. I remember the most common piece of advice I got after pools was to use more dtilt lol. But now I know enough to qualify that a step further and think something along the lines of "use it often, but wisely - make sure to avoid throwing it out there when it's punishable." (always going for reads vs auto-piloting.) This tourney will be a fun learning experience.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
the MU chart thread would be a good bet

i have seen people get a massive post count really quickly, since they didn't lurk all the time like some of us *coughmecough*

NH Cody

Smash Champion

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
ugh m2k's mewtwo is sooooooo wierd. i wish i had asked to play against it @ dissention.

speaking of which, my second to last melee tournament match was a marth ditto against m2k. iirc he 4 stocked me on FD and 2 stocked me on Yoshi's Story. :awesome:

Top Bottom