• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This is my power... but what is my purpose? ~ Mewtwo Social Thread

SuSa

Banned via Administration
There aren't mean of us.... and if Taj doesn't see this suiting it's own thread - he can close it... but.. I like social threads. :x

You get bonus points if you understand the title.

So first topic of discussion:
What made you decide to pick up Mewtwo?

I just picked him up because I'm a fanboy. xD And I lack a lot of tech skill.... Fox? lawl... can't play. Falco? LOL.

I can't even SH consistently. xD Luckily, Mewtwo has DJC's. This makes my life easier. :x

I'm just good at reading. Mewtwo and Jiggs all the way for me. <_<

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I had started to play Mewtwo wayyyy back when the game first came out.

I was a casual for all the years it was out until I saw Taj's Shadowclaw video.

I then decided to start learning the technical **** and maybe start going to tournies.

I now main Marth and Mewtwo, and I'm getting better all the time.

Why did i start playing M2?

He's freaking COOL.

Too bad he sucks lol.

But it makes you work hard for a victory, making it all the more satisfying when you win.

And the Japanese victory screens are ****.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Due to me being far to lazy to even youtube it, does anyone want to link me to do the Japanese victory scene. :D

/doesn't want to be every other post. T_T come on guys
I can record 'em, if you want. Been meaning to do that for a while now anyway. :p (Plus I need to upload some new vids on my channel.)

Picked up Mewtwo around the time I first started playing the game. However, at the time, he was nothing more than a casual; I couldn't use him at all. Doc was my main then. When I learned Mewtwo was in the game, I was ecstatic; playing "the most powerful Pokemon of all time" against Mario and company? You just can't beat that.

Jump to now.
I got tired of Brawl's horribly picked roster, and decided to go back to my roots of Melee, where many *actually* popular characters were introduced. It only started off as a match or two, but within a week (after playing Brawl for nearly a [waste of a] year), I got back a lot of my thought-lost skill(s)... and then some.
Now I'm maining the psychic cat, in hopes that I can possibly discover a few tricks on him that weren't previously known, and to show that tier lists =/= a Smasher's bible, in terms of how "good" or "bad" a character is.
It's all in your hands.

SuSa

Tier list in Melee = You can actually "break the rules"

Tier list in Brawl = If you can win a large tourney with anyone under B Tier, I will give you a cookie.

:x

And please, do record them. ^_^

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Yes, those are the best victory taunts of the trilogy.

Steelia, it concerns me that you still aren't using U-throw for K.O.s :p

So, this is a social thread. Let's chat.

About what though??? we gonna talk about how bad*** he looks in everything he does or what? I don't knowwwww...

*EDIT* Isn't the title of the thread a quote from one of the movies or something? :3

Steelia

Smash Champion
^ That's what I was thinking, either Mewtwo Strikes Back, or Mewtwo Returns... Possibly the former, as that was when he questioned his existence moreso.
And yeah, I forget about U-throws. I like his back throw, it's very swift, and still very strong... Plus, it's easier to get a horizontal KO than a vertical one for me. :p

After uploading that video... I JUST realized, Mewtwo might be the only character to have multiple voices in his Victory Taunts. If you noticed, he says two different things for one taunt, giving him four "different" taunts... I think Fox/Falco might have more than 3, too (in Japanese), but I dunno.

SuSa

It's the quote from a movie. :x Ding ding ding.

Anyways, we can literally chat about anything that doesn't break global SWF rules. (Go to the Brawl boards and go to any Social thread you want)

So Strikes Back or Returns. Which did you like more?

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Haven't seen Returns.

Heard that it's not as good as Strikes Back anyways.

@ Steelia: U-Throw is stronger than the B-Throw silly. Look up in Taj's match-up thread and you'll see the magic #'s.

Usually in the 120's or 130's lol.

Bowser is 116% - 125% for a K.O. on FD. Try it! (125% is if they DI perfectly, but even with a perfect DI 125% is still a kill)

Okay then, anyone think that Mew and Mewtwo will have any part in Arceus's movie?

Steelia

Smash Champion
I definitely enjoyed Strikes Back, probably my fave Pkmn movie to date. I know every time it comes on the tele, I sit down and watch it. (That, and the Darkrai movie are my two personal favorites that I could rewatch on TV time and again.)

Not to say Returns was bad... Just that Returns had quite a bit of dialogue. That, and not as intense action sequences as the 1st movie did. Just... talking... trying to explain stuff. But I found the ending quite good. (Unfortunately, the overall thing doesn't exactly represent Mewtwo's power very well, just as Lugia's movie had Lugia get killed off so many times, yet he hides under the sea to keep his power from being used. U:< )

And @Shadowball2, Arceus' movie didn't feature Mewtwo and Mew. Saw plenty of summaries, read many-a-post on the movie. No cameos, which is a shame. I was AT LEAST hoping to see some kind of quick glance of Mewtwo looking at the horizon, "What power is this?" kind of thing. Nope.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Cuase if they had done "What power is this?" You know Mewtwo would've gone to challenge it.

They would've destroyed the world...

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
I started out as a fanboy for Mewtwo, but disowned him after being ***** all the time. But after I saw shadowclaw, I picked him up once again and tryed out new techniques. I find my best matchup with him to be jiggs.

SuSa

You say "I find my best matchup with him to be Jiggs"

I say "I find my best matchup with him to be Pichu"

These are purely opinion, and there really isn't anything to argue.

For a long time I found Falcon to be my easiest matchup. Then I actually faced a good Falcon. :laugh:

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
I picked up Mewtwo before i even knew what a tier list was, and by the time i figured out what i was, i was way better with him than other characters so i stuck with him.

As for my easiest matchup, i would have to say peaches since i have so much practice against them.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Yay social thread! Maybe now, you all can post some videos so I can put them in the ultimate collection thread? hehe... well it'd be nice but I guess you don have to.. but gettin a lil lonely in that thread is all! =p

So Mewtwo ummm uhhh.... lol yeah

SuSa

I'll get vids when I'm able to play players I know aren't... complete ****.... xD

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4VMdjRJDRos&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4VMdjRJDRos&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Epic. lawl. Get owned Ash.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I'll get vids when I'm able to play players I know aren't... complete ****.... xD

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4VMdjRJDRos&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4VMdjRJDRos&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Epic. lawl. Get owned Ash.
Once again, how did they take a character like that and make him so piss poor awful??!?!?!? :urg:

As for easiest match-up, I've actually found Boozer to be just about even, and Kirby as the easiest. Playing against a good Jiggs and winning takes an insane amount of spacing. Falco and Falcon get hardest. (Lazers and speed/Knee respectivly) At least it's possable to punish a wiffed attack from Marth or Sheik... (Though those matches can get ugly for M2 too. :( )

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I know i showed these already but not sure if they got viewed yet... Even tho I usually give the advice on Mewtwo i don mind gettin any either... =p All vs The Cape! hope ya dig! n n

vs The Cape (Bowser) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6x_3KRjUd4
vs The Cape (Bowser) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKEl0tXWkbU
vs The Cape (Falcon) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frZBoTSjRnQ
vs The Cape (Ganon) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcrdMk5dQ9Y
vs The Cape (Link) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y89E3C5swM
vs The Cape (Mario) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaJWR3Gmr8E
vs The Cape (Sheik) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daMJe86o29g

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
I thought that quote was from the first pokemon movie.

Also, I've been trying to pick up Mewtwo, fyi.

Also, Vectorman your mew2 is an inspiration.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Well I picked up Mewtwo for a very interesting reason...lols it deals with a life incident of mine. Well Mewtwo really isn't a alien/inter-dimensional being but he looks like one =P

Well there is actually more reasons why I picked him up actually
-hes a badA22 like me.
-Hes Very Cool
-The 150th Pokemon =D

And you really have to use your mind a lot to win with him.

platiepoos

Smash Apprentice
I plan on picking up Mewtwo because DJC's are sexier than the knee.

Yoshi gives him a run for his money in the amazing factor, though.

TheLake

Smash Master
Whaa? I thought zach was at military camp?

Vector when did you play ze cape?!

This thread is chock full of win. My favorite matchup with mewtwo is definatley samus.

The recoveries make it nice long campy and gross.

Oh and first movie raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppeees.

M2 for total badass because he actually kills people.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Nah, you can usually predict jiggs' moves and sheildgrab to kill her at ~80%
This doesn't work. Even Jiggs beginners know how to space bairs and not get shield grabbed. It's the worst, because M2's aerials have godawful priority and you have no choice but to DD around and hope that Puff messes up her spacing. If you have a lead, though, it's easier to get grabs. You simply chuck shadow balls at her and she'll hop over them with a fair/bair. Then you have the ability to shield grab/DD grab/pivot grab her.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Playing against a good Jiggs and winning takes an insane amount of spacing.
This doesn't work. Even Jiggs beginners know how to space bairs and not get shield grabbed. It's the worst, because M2's aerials have godawful priority and you have no choice but to DD around and hope that Puff messes up her spacing. If you have a lead, though, it's easier to get grabs. You simply chuck shadow balls at her and she'll hop over them with a fair/bair. Then you have the ability to shield grab/DD grab/pivot grab her.
You see? We both know the horrors of playing Jigglypuff players who aren't pants on head stupid

I plan on picking up Mewtwo because DJC F-Air's are sexier than the knee.
Fixed.

10 char

And its the truth. A DJC F-Air for a K.O. is the only thing I can think of (@ the moment) that's sexier than the knee... lol

SDC

Smash Lord
nice great to finally see a social thread here :D

i've never seen a mewtwo movie (other then shadowclaw <3), i never was big on the show (ash is a tard) :/
i did love the games though, in red version mew2 was my first legendary. he's easily my favorite pokemon, and one of my favorite creatures/characters of all time. i still use him in the modern pokemon games. i love mewtwo, and love smash, thus i use mew2 in smash. pretty simple lol.

yes djc fairs are the sexiest things in the game. the knee is old news. we need a tournament mew2 to pull out a djc fair on a cf in the grand finals and for homemadewaffles to lose his collective **** on mic. then people would agree with us. "OOOOOHHHHH WHERE YOU AT!!! WHERE YOU AT!!!!" lol.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Ok so this is a funny story.

My friend said that m2 was in smash[I had been playing for like a year already as a casual, ie I owned the game]. I was like no ****ing way m2.

He told me about his disable and claimed that we would **** on a team cuz he used roy.

haha just keep timing the disable while roy fully charges up the neutral B attack=ownage,

I like the way m2 throws items and **** and uses the beam sword.

So when I got competitive he was my first choice.

SDC

Smash Lord
Ok so this is a funny story.

My friend said that m2 was in smash[I had been playing for like a year already as a casual, ie I owned the game]. I was like no ****ing way m2.

He told me about his disable and claimed that we would **** on a team cuz he used roy.

haha just keep timing the disable while roy fully charges up the neutral B attack=ownage,

I like the way m2 throws items and **** and uses the beam sword.

So when I got competitive he was my first choice.
lol yeah he does have a sexy item throw, he spins it around him and lets it fly!!!:chuckle: good stuff. i wonder what his final smash would have been like :( curse you sakurai!!!! lol

platiepoos

Smash Apprentice
lol yeah he does have a sexy item throw, he spins it around him and lets it fly!!!:chuckle: good stuff. i wonder what his final smash would have been like :( curse you sakurai!!!! lol
Mewtwo's Final Smash is called "Game Set" and requires no prerequisites like a smash ball to activate.

Top Bottom