• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This is my power... but what is my purpose? ~ Mewtwo Social Thread

LordAizen

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but I'm very limited to where I can go because of my lack of car. Mango lives in the city right next to mine and I've been trying to contact him but no luck lol.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I've heard that MaNg0 doesn't play very much anymore. but keep trying to reach him if you get to spar with the world's best player it can't be bad for you lol.

Also Mewtwo rose quite a bit in the new teir list. he's below Zelda but much much higher than he was.

Without further ado, and about freaking time, here is the Official 2010 Tier List for Super Smash Bros. Melee, with ordering supported by Melee Back Room input.

Original values suggested by KirbyKaze, which were then modified according to further analysis.

/
/

HIGH

UPPER

MIDDLE

/

LOW
/

/

BOTTOM

/

NEGLIGIBLE
/
/
/
/

GENGAR
:094:

Textual Form

Fox/Falco/Puff

HIGH
Sheik
Marth

UPPER
Peach
Falcon

MIDDLE
Ice Climbers
Samus/Ganon
Doc Mario

LOW
Mario/Pikachu
Luigi/DK
Link

BOTTOM
Zelda
Mewtwo
Roy/Young Link
Game and Watch

NEGLIGIBLE
Yoshi/Pichu/Bowser/Ness/Kirby

GENGAR
Gengar (Master Hand and other glitches)
knew he was better than Bowser lol. in Yoshi's defense I think that the dino has some potental to rise higher too. I won't be helping because like Taj I like to be able to do stuff oos lmao

LordAizen

Smash Journeyman
The only way I knew how was through Smashboards and he hasn't been online in a while.

And yeah I saw the new tier list. I kinda prefered Mewtwo to be super bottom even though he isn't. It gave me more pride to use him lol.

LordAizen

Smash Journeyman
When I tried using Mewtwo I thought he was too slow but I saw that his grabs and teleport along with Shadowball had potential.

When I tried Bowser I couldn't believe how horrible he was lol.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Just looked at that new tier list.

I'm amazed at how little I actually knew about anyone further than 7 spots down.

Also high everyone... if I can find my memory card + unlock Mewtwo, I'd be around more often.

:nifty::leek:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I've been getting back into Melee. As a gamer in general I always preferred being fast and agile (I still do) But on my quest to gain the other side of gaming, I've been using slower weapons and what not in games. (Monster Hunter Tri has given me a lot of insight in slower weapons)

All of this made me decide to pick up Mewtwo in Melee, and I have to say it feels amazing when you win. It's really easy to get butt****** in 4v4s, but it's fun when you dominate XD.

And Bowser...lulz.

But you know, the weird thing is, with excellent WD and such, Mewtwo isn't really a slow character, he feels..unusual XD.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Mewtwo's a REALLY challenging character to learn... No lie. Doc's my secondary, and yet I feel way more comfortable with him than I do my M2; M2 I still need so much to learn, so much timing involved with moves, so much punishment to evade... Doc, I just do a few uairs, bairs, and spam some aerial pills, and I'm pretty comfortably set. XP

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I float between Sheik and Mewtwo. I've learned to appreciate slower things, yes, but I prefer fast and effective =/ (Long Sword Monster Hunter Tri<3333)

That and Ninjas... Idk.. I feel like Sheik is more of a main, but I love Mewtwo.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I wonder what sdc is up to?
probably posting in the melee discussion /jiggs/gannon boards somewhere, to my knowlege he hasn't shown his face in here since

Axe, and Toony, all I have to say is: lol. Defy reality all you want. And Axe, no you won't ever win a major national tournament with pikachu, and you won't become top 5 in the world. It's just.....reality. Sorry dude, I like your pikachu, you're awesome, but it's not gonna happen.
Apex Melee Singles:

1. Hungrybox (Puff)
2. Armada (Peach)
3. Mew2King (Marth, Fox)
4. Dr.PeePee (Falco)
5. Axe (Pikachu)
5. Wobbles (Ice Climbers)
^^ that happened.

Quest are you going to Connectidots 2?

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Ooooohhh sorry SB Dx

I forgot to answer, I'll definitely go to the one in January since that gives me plenty of time to plan and it looks fun. Connectidots I couldn't find in tournament listings though :( when is it..? You probably told me already but I forget xD

Steelia

Smash Champion
Sweet. C:

Shoot, my Mewtwo has been lacking much more than usual... I seriously never noticed just how tediously precise so many of his moves are (save Spark). Miss by a frame or two, it won't have that extra knockback like a weakened sex kick, it's either hit or miss. Woo. This makes things a little more complicated.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Mane, getting back into this game and working up my Marth, Falco, and Mewtwo. I've shaken the rust off my Mewtwo and can play him sorta how I used to, but man have peepz surpassed the **** out of me with him to the point it isn't even funny.

I'm loving SANC so hard right now. Jesus, I feel dumb for not figuring this out back in the day, cause I knew about the fox/falco tricks to auto grab the ledge with their up-B's and whatnot, I should have put two and two together. I've also been watching lots of Mewtwo vids and combo vids. I like how my boy Iori is one of the best Mewtwo's now, that trips me out. He also has a very different style from Taj.

Hopefully I can learn all the new tricks and re-establish my wonky *** playstyle again.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
You'll get the hang of it again. Glad to hear that you're @ least attempting to get back into it. And yeah the metagame (mewtwo's included) has advanced a TON.

As for me, my next glass ceiling is cracking... I can feel it

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Okay, after watching more mewtwo videos, I realize how awesome melee is. So SB, you let me know when the next tournament you're going to in New England is, and I will try my absolute best (for real this time) to go! :D

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
lol i was thinking of quitting all together (my money is needed elsewhere) but I've decided to hang in there for a little while longer. the next tourny in NE is this

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292210

It's this weekend, short notice. I happened to have the day off so I'm probably going to make it. PM me if you're interested, I'll try to get my mobile smashboards to work properly, it's mad tempermental.

also there's a guy @ work who says he'll beast me, what with killing me with his sheild or something. LOL n00bs are funny, gonna play him on christmas eve. =)

Steelia

Smash Champion
Got carried away with texturing and all that. Sorry, mate. :C

Actually haven't picked up Maylay in a while... Would do it solely for the purpose of a M2 bair KO. Love that bair.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
yes bair is awesome lol

I feel really bad for missing shadowball's tournament that I was supposed to go to. I had other plans.

and I'm guessing Kaostar, Taj, Vectorman etc are still all out there kicking *** with Mewtwo..? :D

Steelia

Smash Champion
Jeez. No tournaments around here. Closest one I think was about two hours away... Really wish I could've gotten off my lazy- to attend it. But that was a while ago.

and I'm guessing Kaostar, Taj, etc are still all out there kicking *** with Mewtwo..? :D
Fixed.
>:

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
this thread still exists?

sorry to tell you this Quest but I'm not going to tournies anymore. I'm still playing every now and then (old habits hahaha) and will still chill with flaco and the other springfield players, but until gas prices come down I can't afford the trips.

I may still be going to cataclysm in july though, and i'll be at the Ctconn (Though I might be mad rusty by then lol).

Gives me time to write the book i've been puttering on for a long while, which was pushed to the wayside by smash.

PS next tourny you make it too hunt down DarkDragoon, he's NE's other well known Mewtwo player and can give you any advice you need.

PPS 'sup Steelia? :D

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I wish that was true, but framingham from springfield is hardly "local" when gas prices are where they are and your transport gets crappy gas mileage.

The gas prices are just one of several reasons, perhaps when springtime comes again i'll have everything done that needs to be done, and i'll attend a mass madness, but i wouldn't announce it (to surprise players who know me)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I think im bout to study the **** out of mewtwo cuz I have working AR now. I been putting it off for over a year, but I think im ready to start cuz I have everything I need to collect data and put it into ultimate thread format.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
I wish that was true, but framingham from springfield is hardly "local" when gas prices are where they are and your transport gets crappy gas mileage.

The gas prices are just one of several reasons, perhaps when springtime comes again i'll have everything done that needs to be done, and i'll attend a mass madness, but i wouldn't announce it (to surprise players who know me)
Oh I see...

I think im bout to study the **** out of mewtwo cuz I have working AR now. I been putting it off for over a year, but I think im ready to start cuz I have everything I need to collect data and put it into ultimate thread format.
Awesome!

Can't wait to see this.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Bulbapedia says,

"A journal quote from the Pokémon Mansion states that Mewtwo's birthday is February 6."

So is everyone ready for Mewtwo's birthday?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Only Pkmn with a birthday. Remembered last year, kinda... almost forgot this year.
But still.

Happy B-day, Mewtwo. If I had remembered that, I would've played you a little more during a random spree of SSBM with my bros. U:>

Top Bottom