• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This is dead, look for the new matchup thread. Be sure to read the rules.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
omg ICE who made your sig, if its you make me one like it too lol
I'll just take a stab and guess that "Omg" translates into "Your sig is ****ing awesome". Sorry man I had to be orignal with my sig I can't duplicate it.
lucario doesnt even roll
Wtf are you talking about? Lucario's strongest option in tight situtations is to roll. He has one of if not the fastest roll in the game.
It's not that hard.
I was playing an olimar today. He's not the best but it was quite easy to grab him. I can't say it's easy to grab all olimar's but if played correctly I'm sure getting a grab isn't as hard as I had assumed. And tech reading olimar seemed quite easy figuring his roll is terribly short.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I'll just take a stab and guess that "Omg" translates into "Your sig is ****ing awesome". Sorry man I had to be orignal with my sig I can't duplicate it.

Wtf are you talking about? Lucario's strongest option in tight situtations is to roll. He has one of if not the fastest roll in the game.

I was playing an olimar today. He's not the best but it was quite easy to grab him. I can't say it's easy to grab all olimar's but if played correctly I'm sure getting a grab isn't as hard as I had assumed. And tech reading olimar seemed quite easy figuring his roll is terribly short.
1. - NC

2. He was kidding. Lucario doesn't roll. He ****ing teleports half of FD.

3. That Olimar sucked. Grabbing Olimar is like getting out of an IC's infinite. Impossible if done correctly. :ohwell:

Bwett

Smash Ace
As a response for Ice's setup, note that it is not guaranteed, but rather just a very dangerous situation for Yoshi that, if not properly DJ'ed over, will kill Yoshi or cause massive percent, especially if Yoshi is at higher percentages, as his roll on stage is a free fsmash.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Both Wario and Snake have things they can do on each other. Snake can air release up tilt while Wario can completely block Snake's recovery with Chomp.

Your making me re-analyze the entire match up. Now, I'm not really sure. Before I was thinking too much of snake's overall universal weaknesses, but now that I think about it in detail, those can pretty much be applied by anyone. Comparing strengths... snake is superior range and campyness.

Wow. You made me refute my points without even trying xD

Panix

Smash Ace
45:55 snake just as it use to be.

Now I say lets reanalyze the olimar vs snake match-up.

I don't think olimar is much of a snake counter imo.

(maybe play to many bad ones)

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Your making me re-analyze the entire match up. Now, I'm not really sure. Before I was thinking too much of snake's overall universal weaknesses, but now that I think about it in detail, those can pretty much be applied by anyone. Comparing strengths... snake is superior range and campyness.

Wow. You made me refute my points without even trying xD
mindgames :cool:

Staco

Smash Champion
Wolf even? Oo
Its at least 60:40 in Snakes opinion.
Wolfs projectile cant punish hard (power shield).
Bair spacing can be beaten with well spaced Ftilt when Wolf is landing.

If you use granads clever, wolf cant reflect them all. (drop them down with a second granad drop, when the granads hit the reflector)

Panix

Smash Ace
We need someone to start updating the OP.

I'm thinking for now we just go around collecting data from the other boards and set them in for our match-up, then converse on what we believe is right and wrong after we have a decent chart. I mean most of the community are already re-discussing there match-ups. Our OP is so out of wack, it's a combination of stars, numbers, and a half filled chart. If Ken, Hav, or any other valued snake player wants to go ahead.

If not, I have all day tom, and wed to do so.

Panix

Smash Ace
Wolf even? Oo
Its at least 60:40 in Snakes opinion.
Wolfs projectile cant punish hard (power shield).
Bair spacing can be beaten with well spaced Ftilt when Wolf is landing.

If you use granads clever, wolf cant reflect them all. (drop them down with a second granad drop, when the granads hit the reflector)
Wolf has alot on snake for a mid tier char.

His bair ***** snakes recovery.
his reflector DOES reflect nades.
His smash's are punishable, but are very effective at doing what they are ment to do (F-smash=dmg, D-Smash=Kill, Dacus=kill/dmg)
good wolfs have no landing lag on there fairs/uairs, and can be a problem
but wolfs recovery can be gimped, as much as snakes can.
Laser blows up nades, as well as camps well.
If I was a wolf, snake would be a preferable High tier character for me to play.

Edit : sorry for the double again, I'll take the infract point -.-

I was reading and then got to into explaining to stacko why the wolf match-up should probably be around 45:55.

*gets carried away*

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Its at least 60:40 for Snake. Just run around, shield, and Ftilt. Wolf can't do much of anything about it.

One of the best Wolfs out there, Omniswell, studied Wolf vs Snake hardcore. Snakes, like Ally and myself, as well as some of the other best Wolfs all helped him and told him what to do and when to do it. He developed brand new strategies just to fight Snake. Then when he tested them against me, we realized that Wolf can't get around me if I just run around and Ftilt. Its pretty ridiculous.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
i guess running around,shielding, and ftilting is a universal strategy against everyone lolol

cept ddd, what a dumb matchup

Panix

Smash Ace
Its at least 60:40 for Snake. Just run around, shield, and Ftilt. Wolf can't do much of anything about it.

One of the best Wolfs out there, Omniswell, studied Wolf vs Snake hardcore. Snakes, like Ally and myself, as well as some of the other best Wolfs all helped him and told him what to do and when to do it. He developed brand new strategies just to fight Snake. Then when he tested them against me, we realized that Wolf can't get around me if I just run around and Ftilt. Its pretty ridiculous.
wouldn't well spaced bairs+camping do good against running around and ftilting?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Aww... I remember back when Panix first got to the snake boards.

I made a thread and got infracted for it.

So cute to see how he's grown up.

Also 60:40 snake, Jesiah (mic_069) stated why... ftilt > wolf

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Everytime you hit Wolfs shield with ftilt it's a guaranteed fsmash for Wolf. Just because Omniswell doesn't do it to you (yet - I told him on AIM that it works) doesn't mean that Wolf can't beat or react to ftilt, Panda. In fact there's nothing worse Snake could do than to hit Wolfs shield with ftilt.
Besides since when is ftilt a problem for Wolf? Bair easily beats it if it's well spaced and lol @ Staco saying Wolf bair can be punished with ftilt. Nope this isn't the case.

Power shielding > Wolf camping, unfortunately.
Powershielding > Snake camping.

What's the point? Powershielding beats any kind of camping. By that logic I could say that Wolf beats snake 'cuz all he has to do is to Powershield every move. That doesn't work.
Either way, it's still Snake who has to approach and Wolf, who can punish every single move of Snake with fsmash.

Yes, Wolfs fsmash is easily punished and laggy but only bad Wolves randomly hit shields with it. If you have to approach Wolf (and Snake has to) and hit his shield he can punish many moves with fsmash without his opponent being able to shield it in return - it comes out fast and has enough reach to punish even the 2nd hit of Snake's ftilt.

:059:

AfroQT

Smash Master
Uh...i've never seen snake HAVE to approach wolf....
Wolfs lasers are garbage...its easy to time a shield with your grenade drop, or throw a grenade in between lasers.

Snake outcamps Wolf i have no idea what you are talking about.

As for run around ftilt, yeah that does work very well. You can outcamp wolf but theres almost no reason to... The only thing he can do that you probably couldnt ftilt out of shield is a perfectly spaced bair....and the only way they'll perfectly space a bair is if your standing still holding shield lol...

Its pretty impossible for wolf to gimp snake as well..it can happen but....a experience snake should know away around it.

Imma agree with what samurai said, its ATLEAST 6/4 in our favor....

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
If the camping isnt going all too great for wolf like you guys are implying, his approaches with fair and bair are pretty safe so no problem there.

I'm pretty sure everytime i camp a snake im the first to quit though.

Top Bottom