• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

There is a simple way to keep MK from being banned.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
This is very true. If MK is broken it will prove itself.

Seriously though, is there a better way to provide an amazing argument against MK being banned, then beating him in tournaments. If the good MK players all switch characters for awhile and they still place high and they still beat other MK players then they will have a very strong argument for MK not being banned.

If MK players switch and do horribly and WORSE MK players start winning tournaments because of it then the flipside will occur.

I'm providing a natural solution to figure out this MK problem :).
Very interesting. So it's like weeding out the truth, huh?

IMO, the reason why many people have problems against MK is because he takes a long time to get used to yet at the same time, MK can very easily punish most playstyles.

M@v

Subarashii!
*clap*.....*clap*....*clap*

Hylian you win again. True statement you have here. Unfortunately, I don't think too many are going to listen though. People might be afraid to do this because they fear no one else will follow through with this idea. They might think "I support this, but most people won't. So why should I put myself at a disadvantage?"

Overswarm

is laughing at you
On the flipside, I'm working on videos to help even the worst of MKs become tournament threats by using such popular strats as ledge camping, fair to tornado camping, and gimps against all the top tiers! :D

Tenki

Smash Hero
^ needs a trailer.

"Are YOU having problems winning tournaments?
Dedede keeps grabbing your Snake? Getting ROB'd?
I have the DVD for YOU!"

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
On the flipside, I'm working on videos to help even the worst of MKs become tournament threats by using such popular strats as ledge camping, fair to tornado camping, and gimps against all the top tiers! :D
That sounds like a delusional myth. lol. I do know what works though... counter staging MK.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Haha, I like how even the best players here (overswarm, dojo) are pulling for MK ban.... Quite frankly it would just make the game more fun.

__V

Smash Journeyman
This thread makes no sense. Purposefully not using MK in a tournament would only delay the inevitable. MK is overpowered. That's why he'd be banned, not from overuse.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
What I would like to know is who Dojo would play if/when MK gets banned :D
He would play Diddy and probably pick up some other characters as well.

Ankyfdarkness

Smash Cadet
I dout this will have a effect on the community. If a person likes mk there not going to care if he gets banned are not. I main mk and i know his greatist strangth is his weekness Every one thinks he is the best. Which sparks fear. in short terms don't fear mk!

Jiggy

Smash Apprentice
You know, if for some reason there wasn't a sudden surge of people using ******* tactics like using one or two skills alone to win matches, this probably wouldn't be happening right now.

But who's to blame for that one? (*cough*"metagame"*cough*) I know I've been playing the game it's supposed to be played for the past 10 years...

Maybe if people didn't get a hard on for using exploits to win tournaments....

****, even Halo 2 didn't have a problem like this. One could at least BEAT someone using the exploits. (Like yours truly)

Oh well. When it comes to using Meta Knight, to each his own. There are ways to punish everything in the game.

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
You know, if for some reason there wasn't a sudden surge of people using ******* tactics like using one or two skills alone to win matches, this probably wouldn't be happening right now.

But who's to blame for that one? (*cough*"metagame"*cough*) I know I've been playing the game it's supposed to be played for the past 10 years...

Maybe if people didn't get a hard on for using exploits to win tournaments....

****, even Halo 2 didn't have a problem like this. One could at least BEAT someone using the exploits. (Like yours truly)

Oh well. When it comes to using Meta Knight, to each his own. There are ways to punish everything in the game.
Kinda reminds me of what people think of Kilik spammers in SC4...

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i think overswarm and hylian have got to be top 2 on my most ******** smashers list

PyroSpark

Smash Apprentice
Unreasonable. People shouldn't have to worry about external factors such as whether their character will be banned when they choose which character to use for a game. If Meta Knight is somebody's best bet for winning a game then they should be able to play him regardless of whether he is the only character who they might be able to win with (since money is more important than proving anything about the character).

When it comes to proving anything to do with bans, the burden of proof is always on the people who want to ban something.

This guy wins the internet.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Sonic is the new Mewtwo it seems. Oh well, looks like Capt.Falcon isn't gonna be the worst anymore right? :laugh:
I dunno, there are a number of professional players who do agree that Captain Falcon is actually the worst Brawl character.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Best bet if you don't want MK banned is to try to find compromises and gather data on them. Such percentage handicaps or what-have-you. Metaknight at this point is in his own personal tier. Whether you want to call it the Top tier or the God Tier doesn't matter. In the end he's just a character that's above all other tiers. Sad but true. Unless new game mechanics are found and found soon he will be banned within the year. It's almost a guarantee by the way things are going.

NNID
MasterHavik
I got word about this on 8wayrun, and I was susprise. This is the first time I have seen a character ban from a smash game. But f mk, he was too good anyway.

P.s. This coming from a sonic main.

KASR

ADHD

Smash Hero
Actually, there are people who like to play for fun. The people that play to win can just flock to snake, is it really a big deal to them if he's banned? The game would be so much more enjoyably competitive.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
i think overswarm and hylian have got to be top 2 on my most ******** smashers list
Sweet. I've accomplished something with this thread at least.

Mortimer

Smash Apprentice
I'd actually suggest something different. Pick up a secondary to use when fighting other MKs. Show that MK can be reliably beaten with somebody other than MK.

This won't remove MK dominance from tourney results, but if you can beat MK reliably with other characters, then other players might be able to pick up on what you're doing and integrate basic anti-MK tactics into their game.

You'll be able to advance the counters to MK while still playing as MK most of the time.

Top Bottom