• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

There is a simple way to keep MK from being banned.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Is he officially banned in some places or what? I've just seen some "MK banned" threads floating around and I'm not sure whether it's official or not. But hey, if someone can find a way to beat MK then why ban him? If not, ban him. There's already enough evidence shown above as to why we should/shouldn't ban him.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
banning a character in a game because he's too good is the most pathetic piece of information I've heard in the past 24 hours
This is the most pathetic post I've read in the past 24 hours. :O OOOOOOOOOO, WHAT NOW? HUH?

Pompi

Smash Journeyman
ill tell you the truth , as a luigi player it benefits me if mk gets banned , but the main reason ppl want to ban mk is because he has no "counters" , and at teh same time he seems to be a counter to everyone. I personally think you guys just need to demonstrate or just spread a tendecy to make ppl believe X character ***** MK. Seriously just think about it m2k your voice is practically law around here, you are like chavez man everytime he says he is not going to sell more oil , speculation starts . If m2k went back to d3 and started owning mks with d3 all of smashboards would be like omg d3 is a mk counter , and stuff like that , we would definitely see an instant rise in the number of d3s , and then probably the focus of attention would shift from mk to d3. Its really you who mk boards who should appeal to the bans . I always hear i play mk because he is fun to play , and then subsequently hear the same player say things like if mk is banned i will just change mains , do you not care? do something about it man i would hate to see characters banned

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
Let's be real folks. The only reason MK is going to be banned, assuming he is, is because none of the people who actually play other characters really try to find ways to win against MK. Let's be honest, it's not because they're lazy or because they're dumb or anything of the sort. They played an MK player 1-4 times and instead of then playing MK players or trying to learn little tips and tricks about getting past his moves, they give up and complain. Every character has abilities that can easily counter MK if played the right way. This shouldn't be something for MK players to deal with, it should be something that other players should be putting time into. If they really want to win, they should show commitment instead of simply giving up and trying to ban a really fun character. If MK gets banned, I honestly don't know if I'm going to be playing in many tournaments. I'm good with other characters, I just don't enjoy them as much. I don't go after one tactic, and they're pretty easy to counter by most characters if you know what you're doing. That's what every player is supposed to do, find good combos and pull them off as best as you can, not complain when somebody gets them on you.

Where's the maturity in playing SSBB?

Where's the honor?

What happens to fun when you simply give up at first loss.

It's gone. That's it.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Instead of banning MK, how about we ban these threads instead... moderators really need to close these threads down.
"These" Threads? Please point out other threads like this. I'm offering a suggestion for those who enjoy playing MK in tournaments and would like to keep doing so. There is absolutly no reason for this thread to be locked. I am not saying MK should be banned. I am not saying MK shouldn't be banned. This is not a "MK is going to be banned" topic.

It's a suggestion. A well-thought out one at that. So I'd appriciate it if you would stop spamming my thread. Thanks.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I just think this whole think is about a bunch of new people coming into the community, getting beaten by MK all the time and crying about it.

They would have said the same thing about Fox if they were even around to play Melee competitively.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
I just think this whole think is about a bunch of new people coming into the community, getting beaten by MK all the time and crying about it.

They would have said the same thing about Fox if they were even around to play Melee competitively.
Why would they say that when Fox isn't even the best character in melee?

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Why would they say that when Fox isn't even the best character in melee?
IDK, because his only bad matchup is his clone?

I still don't get why people view it as ban or don't ban rather than consider another way of making MK weaker, i.e. handicaps or letting non-MK choose starter....

nash123

Smash Journeyman

But fox at actually took skill to play so I don't think so.

Nic64

Smash Lord
I wish you guys could stop your *****ing for just one single thread.
nah, I'm being the optimist here. people who are stuck on brawl are surrounded in the negativity over whether or not to ban meta knight, people who play melee have nothing to ***** about because the game was semi-competently designed.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
Y'know, couldn't we just implement a LIMIT to how many times you can use MK in a tournament (maybe once per set, no more than 3 total times in the entire tournament)? That way, you're not totally abusing MK's strengths through-out the whole tournament, and it forces you to be smart in choosing whether or not to use MK at the the right time.

I'm sorry if this idea seems farfetched, yet I believe this is reasonable; it doesn't get MK banned, but the number of MKs seen in tournaments will be cut greatly, for sure.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Yeah yeah no1 uses MK because he is strong, but always because they just like his playstyle or are a fan of him.

I bet that if MK would get nerfed to lowtier in SSB4 and Pit would get buffed and becomes the new MK everyone will suddenly like Pits playstyle, or be a huge Kid Icarus fan since the day that that game came out.
I can't tell you how many times I've heard that line before. I guarantee you 90-something % of all MK users who claim that are lying. Most of 'em are hiding their mediocre skill behind MK's easy-to-exploit brokenness. That's why he's the most popular character at tourneys.

Y'know, couldn't we just implement a LIMIT to how many times you can use MK in a tournament (maybe once per set, no more than 3 total times in the entire tournament)? That way, you're not totally abusing MK's strengths through-out the whole tournament, and it forces you to be smart in choosing whether or not to use MK at the the right time.

I'm sorry if this idea seems farfetched, yet I believe this is reasonable; it doesn't get MK banned, but the number of MKs seen in tournaments will be cut greatly, for sure.
Lolz, that's a soft-ban.

I'm not for the ban of MK, but won't care either if he does get booted outta brawl. MK's ARE annoying- that's for sure. He's so broken, all the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't do anything about it.

Nic64

Smash Lord
I can't tell you how many times I've heard that line before. I guarantee you 90-something % of all MK users who claim that are lying. Most of 'em are hiding their mediocre skill behind MK's easy-to-exploit brokenness. That's why he's the most popular character at tourneys.
somewhat true, of the best characters, he's the only one that doesn't rely on some obnoxious *** projectile spamming to dictate the rest of the game, except GAW. although snake isn't as bad as falco, DDD, and ROB most of the time at least -_- but yeah, MK and GAW are definitely the most fun of the top tier IMO, I don't see how you can enjoy spamming waddle dee's and punishing approaches with CG at all. from a balance perspective MK probably does deserve the ban, but once he's gone, there are only a handful of tournament viable characters that don't play like complete lame, I'd rather all MK ditto's than any matchup between DDD, Falco, Snake, and ROB. fast close quarters combat is fun to me, projectile brick walling is not(in this game anyway, pace of play is way too slow)

Lethe

Smash Cadet
all the mk mains switch to other characters, and everyone who hates mk ends up playing as him. if that's the case we might as well agree to keep things as they are

Tenki

Smash Hero
Lulz, have you ever played Sonic vs MK? Terrible matchup, to say the least.
ya lolz its so bad xD~

leik, i saw mai frend'z video and he leik, eh couldnt outrun tornadoezz or hit them with bairz, like bair hugz, and i even tryd 2 sdi up and u-air and it didnt wurk and nothing can break mk tornado, not even charged fsmash, or springs, or falling aerials! lolz al u have 2 do 2 beat sonic iz press b XDDDD

aand if he shilds da tornadoez, hes still 2 slow (lolz!!) 2 punish mk's landing lag~~

and omg! glyde attack! its lyk n0thing can break it!! my other frend also said dat if sonic aims his fsmash up, he can hit MK out of glide attack, but I tried it and it didn't work~ omg hes such a noob lollz!

so ez to reach sonic wen hes off stage too, bc MK can fly from everywher~ and nevr die!! lyk ders nower dat sonic can go were mk cant just attak or else he gets gimped!

Only one of those sentences hold truth. Maybe two, at most.

PS.

and even though Sonic has a 0-steak combo on everyone, he still can't kill, so 90:10 Meatknight.

complexity1234

Smash Apprentice
it has nothing to do with sonic vs mk thats hard. Sonic just sucks period. Just like marth vs mewtwo in melee is a super bad matchup. Because mewtwo sucks..

Sonic has a problem with every top character. See the pattern?

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Sonic is the new Mewtwo it seems. Oh well, looks like Capt.Falcon isn't gonna be the worst anymore right? :laugh:.

I don't care if MK is banned, but if he is, I'm just gonna laugh at everyone. Man times sure have changed in the boards :chuckle:.

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
It's not a matter of MK being broken.

It's a matter of people getting frustrated and not realizing how easy it is to show MK who's boss when you know what's up.

Kizzu-kun

Smash Journeyman
So if the Metaknight mains start using other characters and start to lose at the tournaments not placing well as before, this isn't going to reforce the idea of the character being broken and bannable? lol

There isn't a magical formula to help Metaknight for not being banned except for discovering ways to counter/not being countered by him. The problem isn't about Metaknight winning, the problem is that he destroys counterpicking concept with his attributes.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
lol

Just stop placing well and winning money with him so he won't get banned...

Yep, that's REALLY going to happen. :laugh:

Dojo

Smash Champion
New Braunfel 2v2 swiss tourney and 2 stock 3/5 singles run by Leeharris.

I was gonna use Diddy for singles, but I need monies. O.o
So I'm going all out.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
New Braunfel 2v2 swiss tourney and 2 stock 3/5 singles run by Leeharris.

I was gonna use Diddy for singles, but I need monies. O.o
So I'm going all out.
Why do you want him banned though!?

Also, all tournaments should be swiss....

Dojo

Smash Champion
Because he's overpowered.
I don't even play or practice or anything anymore, and I'm positive I can take at least top 3 tomorrow if I use him. I haven't played in almost 2 weeks now.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So if the Metaknight mains start using other characters and start to lose at the tournaments not placing well as before, this isn't going to reforce the idea of the character being broken and bannable? lol

There isn't a magical formula to help Metaknight for not being banned except for discovering ways to counter/not being countered by him. The problem isn't about Metaknight winning, the problem is that he destroys counterpicking concept with his attributes.
This is very true. If MK is broken it will prove itself.

Seriously though, is there a better way to provide an amazing argument against MK being banned, then beating him in tournaments. If the good MK players all switch characters for awhile and they still place high and they still beat other MK players then they will have a very strong argument for MK not being banned.

If MK players switch and do horribly and WORSE MK players start winning tournaments because of it then the flipside will occur.

I'm providing a natural solution to figure out this MK problem :).

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
Hylian that's both true and false in some aspects.

Although the chances of an error occurring, it's possible that the person did pick up MK for fun, continued playing him for that reason, and then enjoyed playing him so they practiced with him. Because they were good with MK, they didn't see the need or feel the want to practice with any other character at all, having no practice.

This could throw it off, potentially, depending on certain things.

Master Raven

Smash Master
This is very true. If MK is broken it will prove itself.

Seriously though, is there a better way to provide an amazing argument against MK being banned, then beating him in tournaments. If the good MK players all switch characters for awhile and they still place high and they still beat other MK players then they will have a very strong argument for MK not being banned.

If MK players switch and do horribly and WORSE MK players start winning tournaments because of it then the flipside will occur.

I'm providing a natural solution to figure out this MK problem :).
You know, I'd love to do this, but MKs almost never win any tournies in FL (our state is HIGHLY against banning MK right now 'cause they've hardly ever played an MK that can even remotely compete with some of the OOS ones, the only two I can think of right now being Redhalberd and I but we don't go to a lot of tournies... at least not yet), so I'm just going to regularly use him for now. However, I am very interested in seeing how the results turn out for most high-level MK players using their secondaries.

Top Bottom