• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Zodiac Braves a NJ/NY Crew *OMG what is that? it's a tree*

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Ryko, please explain why such rapid and substantial growth didn't occur with them before they joined.

Then explain why players (like most of this crew) improve much more slowly and aren't as good overall despite your "players improve over time" statement being the explanation.

Hmm.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Ryko, please explain why such rapid and substantial growth didn't occur with them before they joined.
Doom played lucario, a mediocre character hyped by the fact that he's got safe options and good DI allows him to make up for the fact that sometimes he gets the absolute dog **** kicked out of him.
ADHD and Shadow needed time to progress and none of you had a hand in their growth anyway? I thought this **** was established in the last post. Big surprise, people who werent as good 4 months ago are better now, wow.

Rookie practiced with who his wallet afforded him the ability to practice with. If he stagnated it wasnt the crew he belonged to but his decision to not take up MULTIPLE previous offers to practice elsewhere, something his crew NEVER precluded as I know every offer you've made to ZB members or even rookie has been relayed to him practically first and foremost. Umbra and Pierce improved because they practiced and they still do. I played an OBVIOUSLY non-viable character and in a month have gotten to the point where my new main can take players I NEVER stood a chance with beforehand, regardless of how far along my skill with said non-viable character progressed.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
I played an OBVIOUSLY non-viable character and in a month have gotten to the point where my new main can take players I NEVER stood a chance with beforehand, regardless of how far along my skill with said non-viable character progressed.
This is where I come in. I will take that non-viable character and progress further than any before. :)

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
By all means feel free, it's not my main because no main's overtaken me, just smart players who grasp basic game concepts very well, and it's really hard to fall off with such a basic character once you've embraced everything he can actually do. You show the most promise out of any of the mains I've played but in the end it's still ike.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
By all means feel free, it's not my main because no main's overtaken me, just smart players who grasp basic game concepts very well, and it's really hard to fall off with such a basic character once you've embraced everything he can actually do. You show the most promise out of any of the mains I've played but in the end it's still ike.
Sadly true. But what can I say. "Hey, I mastered Ike! I'm going to move on to Snake now, let's see how I do with him." I don't think so. I mean, it's not like I haven't had thoughts of quitting Ike sometimes, but in the end, I just lay down those thoughts and just play the **** game. Otherwise, I always have Sakurai to blame for making Ike so limited.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
***** you play snake.

Do what you think you can do Kimchi, I'm not about to disillusion someone who already understands what he's dealing with.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
So what you guys mainly wanted to do was train correct? and im sure all of us are going to viridian city this saturday. lets train at SWR HQ/ JGs house this friday. if anyone wants to train this week, i am free to do it becuz of spring break. LETS STEP IT UP NJ! =D

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
So what you guys mainly wanted to do was train correct? and im sure all of us are going to viridian city this saturday. lets train at SWR HQ/ JGs house this friday. if anyone wants to train this week, i am free to do it becuz of spring break. LETS STEP IT UP NJ! =D
Sizzle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope you got off your "brawl til' you fall" itis, cuz i did and ima try super hard to go to viridian key word... "TRY"

Inui

Banned via Warnings
ADHD and Shadow needed time to progress and none of you had a hand in their growth anyway? I thought this **** was established in the last post. Big surprise, people who werent as good 4 months ago are better now, wow.
Umm...

ADHD learned a lot from crewmates, especially Atomsk, in order to get better.

Shadow's confidence shot up a lot when he joined the crew, which helped him improve a lot.

No hand in making them better? Clearly false.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Let's play some at Viridian. I'll hopefully get to play you all at Viridian :).
Sadaharu Inui said:
Umm...

Shadow's confidence shot up a lot when he joined the crew, which helped him improve a lot.

No need to start the argument again :X.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Yesterday, there was an Enemy Controller fest at my house. dmbrandon, Ether, Edd, ADHD and Rhyme were over. Being in the crew and getting together definitely did help everyone. Rhyme's Marth improved a lot due to him getting to practice it all day. I stayed at Inui's for 3 days in February and immediately after took 9th at Polytech. Though, yes, I've been in the crew since October, I didn't start involving myself outside of tournaments with them until fairly recently. Also, having support from Inui at tournaments rather than being put down by him is helpful.

EC members aren't the only ones who have helped me improve, though. Pierce, ksizzle and dmbrandon (before he joined EC) helped me a lot with either theory or practice (or both). I can't speak for other members of the crew, but that's how being part of it influenced me.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
yesterday, There Was An Enemy Controller Fest At My House. Dmbrandon, Ether, Edd, Adhd And Rhyme Were Over. Being In The Crew And Getting Together Definitely Did Help Everyone. Rhyme's Marth Improved A Lot Due To Him Getting To Practice It All Day. I Stayed At Inui's For 3 Days In February And Immediately After Took 9th At Polytech. Though, Yes, I've Been In The Crew Since October, I Didn't Start Involving Myself Outside Of Tournaments With Them Until Fairly Recently. Also, Having Support From Inui At Tournaments Rather Than Being Put Down By Him Is Helpful.

Ec Members Aren't The Only Ones Who Have Helped Me Improve, Though. Pierce, Ksizzle And Dmbrandon (before He Joined Ec) Helped Me A Lot With Either Theory Or Practice (or Both). I Can't Speak For Other Members Of The Crew, But That's How Being Part Of It Influenced Me.
Metahnight!!

Snakeee

Smash Master
Umm...

Um, my brother gained confidence on his own I don't know what you're talking about there. And if anyone did help him with that, it was me.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
i'd have to agree with both of you lol. i did gain a lot of confidence from both being considered an elite member of Enemy Controller, one of the world's greatest crews, and from my brother. :D

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Uh, R00kie himself stated why he left ZB. Personally, I don't give two ****s. ZB doesn't crew battle, so the only reasons to be a Zodiac Brave is

To chill with the crew more frequently, and during crew events
To be seeded away from your crew mates
Just because being a Zodiac Brave is so **** cool
To train with ZB
To travel and board with ZB

That all being said, I personally lost two things:
Training with R00kie - Not a big deal, it's not like I can't handle Fox. I have Neo and Umbra to practice speed with, and RJ, Ryko, and Bleachigo are all extremely fast themselves.
Being seeded away from R00kie - As a top player, I don't really worry about R1 heavy hitters, since we're seeded away by skill. I don't really care if I'm seeded away from R00kie or not now, it's just Fox. At the end of the day, I hit him with DB1 off stage twice, and he's dead. In an actual set, with counterpicks and all that good stuff, advantage is too much in my favor. As far as tournament goes, he's just a like lesser version of ADHD now: extremely talented player with a chance of beating me, but a horrible match-up dilemma.

I don't have to speculate on why R00kie left, because he said why himself. He's a grown azz man, he can do whatever the hell he wants. Argument is over.

RJ, I'm feeling you right now. We definitely need scheduled crew meets. I'll take a look at my schedule, and hope that you all hit me up with yours. I'll talk to my parents as well.

Protip: Don't try and persuade EC members that it's not necessarily their fault that people improve over time. It's okay to let them believe what they want to believe. Choose your battles wisely. It's not worth the argument.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Protip: Don't try and persuade EC members that it's not necessarily their fault that people improve over time. It's okay to let them believe what they want to believe. Choose your battles wisely. It's not worth the argument.
Since when were you pro? :bee:

<333 Dan

PenUmbra

Smash Apprentice
Uh, R00kie himself stated why he left ZB. Personally, I don't give two ****s. ZB doesn't crew battle, so the only reasons to be a Zodiac Brave is

To chill with the crew more frequently, and during crew events
To be seeded away from your crew mates
Just because being a Zodiac Brave is so **** cool
To train with ZB
To travel and board with ZB

That all being said, I personally lost two things:
Training with R00kie - Not a big deal, it's not like I can't handle Fox. I have Neo and Umbra to practice speed with, and RJ, Ryko, and Bleachigo are all extremely fast themselves.
Being seeded away from R00kie - As a top player, I don't really worry about R1 heavy hitters, since we're seeded away by skill. I don't really care if I'm seeded away from R00kie or not now, it's just Fox. At the end of the day, I hit him with DB1 off stage twice, and he's dead. In an actual set, with counterpicks and all that good stuff, advantage is too much in my favor. As far as tournament goes, he's just a like lesser version of ADHD now: extremely talented player with a chance of beating me, but a horrible match-up dilemma.

I don't have to speculate on why R00kie left, because he said why himself. He's a grown azz man, he can do whatever the hell he wants. Argument is over.

RJ, I'm feeling you right now. We definitely need scheduled crew meets. I'll take a look at my schedule, and hope that you all hit me up with yours. I'll talk to my parents as well.

I'm glad Pierce is intelligent
Since when were you pro? :bee:

<333 Dan
Undershadowed once again... I said as much... 5 pages ago?

Top Bottom