• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Zodiac Braves a NJ/NY Crew *OMG what is that? it's a tree*

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Stop only seeing half of the picture ryko

*Waits for his wall of text so i can respond with my own*
A paragraph is a wall of text? ***** you smokin?

Almost every member that has joined Enemy Controller improved drastically shortly after joining. I don't know exactly why, but it's the truth. We are very strong and improve each other a lot. It's also a confidence thing. Mew2King, Atomsk, and I actually train and help a lot of the members of the crew. Stop spewing bullcrap.
Shortly? Not exactly, and one would assume that taking the game seriously would cause players to want to improve regardless and your door has never been closed to rookie for the purposes of practice. Hell, your door wasn't even closed to me and I'm a complete prick.

For the record, the ONE time you faced off in a crew event that ZB was a part of 2/5 of your lineup had non-members in it, while 2 members were in other groups. Not only proving that "hey, crew events don't happen enough to even warrant it" but that, duh, you'd gladly take a ringer over risking actually putting up someone associated with you. SINCE then yes you've picked up a strong enough lineup to actually use crew members should a crew event happen but proof's in the puddin'.

Your quote in of itself proves the point instead of refuting it, shove it.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
If your dead set on your horrible opinion of this situation then so be it.

Nothing else can really be said besides I hope you understand his decision in time.

Until then you'll just keep feeling bitter when you really shouldn't. Good luck with that.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
So basically I brought up an actual situation and brought up a very simple question, and neither were responded to or answered, got it.

For the record, next time you want to state that my view of the matter is clouding my judgment, you're free to respond with an even somewhat workable response, even inui bothered as much.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Restate your simple question please. I don't feel like searching through a paragraph of nothingness.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
"What functional purpose does it serve if he's

A) not going to be used in crew events
B) Is literally 9th string for any sort of crew related event
C) Invited to anything lucas runs anyway"

Not only that? I GAVE plausible reasons that anyone could have easily just plucked and said "Y'know what? Yeah, that". Did your **** work for you. If you're not going to read the actual body of what's said don't come up here like a hypocrite preaching about only seeing half the ****ing picture. Even when I don't like someone's opinion I actually read it if i'm going to respond.

The fact that everyone is not even refuting it but actually proving that it is indeed meaningless is the only thing that ticks me off (and you're all severely disappointing me by not actually reading what I'm saying and instead just going "Hey dude nothing's actually changed" in response to my pointing out the fact that nothing's actually changed and he essentially just said "oh cool I'd rather have these letters instead of those"), at least if he sold out for something he couldn't get otherwise I'd be like "okay, understandable". Otherwise it's arbitrary as fuuuuuuuuuuck.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Ryko, there's no point arguing with plebeians. They just spout garbage in your direction and don't respond directly to the massive **** that anyone will give them, which happens to be the extremely obvious truth.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Shortly? Not exactly, and one would assume that taking the game seriously would cause players to want to improve regardless and your door has never been closed to rookie for the purposes of practice. Hell, your door wasn't even closed to me and I'm a complete prick.
Um...

ADHD became the world's best Diddy Kong about two or three months after joining. Shadow joined EC, and then suddenly surpassed his brother and become way better at singles. Doom recently jumped in skill a lot. Coincidence? The whole crew gets stronger and stronger, really fast.

For the record, the ONE time you faced off in a crew event that ZB was a part of 2/5 of your lineup had non-members in it, while 2 members were in other groups. Not only proving that "hey, crew events don't happen enough to even warrant it" but that, duh, you'd gladly take a ringer over risking actually putting up someone associated with you. SINCE then yes you've picked up a strong enough lineup to actually use crew members should a crew event happen but proof's in the puddin'.
Are you talking about the tournament over half a year ago where we used teh_spamerer (basically a member and you know it) and Ryoko (a good friend to many of the members that replaced Lord Knight, an actual member, because he had to leave)? How silly.

teh_spamerer said:
Ryko, there's no point arguing with plebeians. They just spout garbage in your direction and don't respond directly to the massive **** that anyone will give them, which happens to be the extremely obvious truth.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Very simple. Rookie feels that being with us is going to make him better. BTW, what makes you believe we would never use him in a crew battle? There goes assumption. Assuming is a bad thing my fellow smasher.

**** dude he already got better from the week he spent with me in MD/VA

Don't let your selfishness stop your friend from achieving things that you dream of.

Kashif your such a horrible friend.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Um...

ADHD became the world's best Diddy Kong about two or three months after joining. Shadow joined EC, and then suddenly surpassed his brother and become way better at singles. Doom recently jumped in skill a lot. Coincidence? The whole crew gets stronger and stronger, really fast.
3 months is a short period in a game that is a year old? Really? Wyatt spends how much time with you guys practicing? Hell using the very same logic I can use 2 examples of anti and ADHD and say wifi is the greatest boost to skill in the game, but the thought of even attempting to devil's advocate that response makes me throw up a little in my mouth.

Are you talking about the tournament over half a year ago where we used teh_spamerer (basically a member and you know it) and Ryoko (a good friend to many of the members that replaced Lord Knight, an actual member, because he had to leave)? How silly.
Blue was in the crew too and as far as it matters kashif's an honorary member which again, means a ringer. Note that I don't ACTUALLY blame you for that but call a spade a spade. When you attempt to romanticize a profiteering-based decision you're again making yourself look exactly as I stated.

Very simple. Rookie feels that being with us is going to make him better. BTW, what makes you believe we would never use him in a crew battle? There goes assumption. Assuming is a bad thing my fellow smasher.
Would you put him in instead of
M2k
Yourself
Inui
DM
Wyatt
Shadow
Waltz
and if he were around, Kashif?

Meaning if FOUR people are not around and the rules stated that you NEEDED 5 people and that each person would HAVE to be a crew member to join you in a crew battle (which NEVER happen anyway), rookie would get into play? I assumed nothing, don't be a douche (actually you're free to be a douche, just dont can responses).

And really, don't even attempt to bring my "dreams" into this. How I handle the game is my own deal.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
3 months is a short period in a game that is a year old? Really? Wyatt spends how much time with you guys practicing? Hell using the very same logic I can use 2 examples of anti and ADHD and say wifi is the greatest boost to skill in the game, but the thought of even attempting to devil's advocate that response makes me throw up a little in my mouth.
It's probably closer to two months.

He practices on Wi-Fi a lot with Atomsk and Atomsk trained him a lot initially. I think he plays with Kai (another player who got way better recently) as well.

Blue was in the crew too and as far as it matters kashif's an honorary member which again, means a ringer. Note that I don't ACTUALLY blame you for that but call a spade a spade. When you attempt to romanticize a profiteering-based decision you're again making yourself look exactly as I stated.
I'm not going to apologize for wanting to win.

That is why I profit from this game and am in the top 1% of tournament players.

That is why EC is extremely powerful and every other crew is weaker.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I'm not going to apologize for wanting to win.
No one told you to apologize for making a profiteering based decision. In fact, I told you to just call yourself on it. Don't state that you won't take ringers over crew members when someone brought up a clear example that you would in a split second.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
No one told you to apologize for making a profiteering based decision. In fact, I told you to just call yourself on it. Don't state that you won't take ringers over crew members when someone brought up a clear example that you would in a split second.
We did it once because Blue was a new member at the time and Ryoko was a much stronger player and friends with all of us. We were supposed to just use Lord Knight, but he had to leave.

Once =/= consistent.

We have such a powerful line-up right now that doing such a thing wouldn't even happen anymore.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Obviously Spam didn't look for talent when he found his gal because any option that'd come around would be better than you

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Obviously the case, but again I talk myself down way more than you could. Do you want to bring up that a conglomeration of me and my character sucking make it even bigger? I already said that whether or not i'm good does not concern me as far as this conversation goes.

We have such a powerful line-up right now that doing such a thing wouldn't even happen anymore.
So I have one scenario where it did happen, and I have NO scenario where it didn't. Why? Because, as stated about 50 billion times, crew battles never happen.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Karas's theme and Soki's transformation are both hotness.

Trevor, assume that I meant that I talk myself down more than you could talk me down, not yourself. It's a safe one to make.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Karas's theme and Soki's transformation are both hotness.

Trevor, assume that I meant that I talk myself down more than you could talk me down, not yourself. It's a safe one to make.
Ok then i'm sorry for the last comment i made. Mai MISUNDERSTANDING XD

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I'm not about to get into pointless back and forth spats that are going to establish that I play a bad character and i've obviously not been playing a good one long enough to do much with him yet. Either way it's comforting to know that when you don't actually have a response it will come down to that, which in of itself just gives me a stronger point.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Its comforting to know that your trying to find a reason as to why your friend shouldn't do something that makes him happy

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Its comforting to know that your trying to find a reason as to why your friend shouldn't do something that makes him happy
Again, are you even reading? I'm trying to find a reason he did. I'm not repeating it, especially when I summarized it for your own specific edification.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Your trying to find reasons that he can stay in ZB even though he already decided to join to EC. Why can't you just accept that he wanted to join us to improve? Is it that hard to believe that he feels thats something he can't do while staying in ZB?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Again, are you even reading? I'm trying to find a reason he did. I'm not repeating it, especially when I summarized it for your own specific edification.
Enemy Controller is significantly stronger and much more interested in getting stronger. If being an amazing player is your goal, joining EC is obviously a good idea. We're more serious and already have a much higher skill base for Rookie to work off of in order to improve.

This crew's best player is a Marth main that places above average. That's it. The rest of the players vary from decent to horrible. It's just the honest truth.

Rookie seriously wants to improve, and ZB obviously isn't the place to do that if only one player in the whole crew is super serious and actually improving quickly and placing highly.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Yeah considering you've made no actual attempt to bring up a "how". The name association has absolutely no standing on what or how he's going to improve, since last I checked you've given him standing invitations to practice for like 7 months now. I COULD go on from there but I'm going to save the personal life reasons from a place not calling for it.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I wouldn't call the huge improvements of ADHD, Shadow, Doom, etc., after joining EC a mere coincidence. There's something about EC that creates power and encourages growth. Other crews apparently don't have that if they're nowhere near as strong.

I don't really think it needs explaining.

Rookie made his decision.

Your consent wasn't needed, nor does your disapproval matter.

He will become a great player in no time.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Ryko i'm done with this. Your refusing to acknowledge the simple facts that are infront of you. Rookie feels that being in EC will get him better. DESPITE how hard that is for you to believe, its the truth. I'll be back once your puddle of tears turns into a lake.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I mean, ****. I guess rookie was wrong in believing that your friendship was worth more than a videogame crew.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I'm not about to get into pointless back and forth spats that are going to establish that I play a bad character and i've obviously not been playing a good one long enough to do much with him yet. Either way it's comforting to know that when you don't actually have a response it will come down to that, which in of itself just gives me a stronger point.
I feel your pain, my character sucks *** too :(.

Ok, so I read 2 pages, laughed, laughed more with ether's posts, and still didn't understand why this nonsense is taking place. I can't see why Rookie joining EC is a big deal or even why his reasoning would be an issue. Hell, if he said "I felt like it" that would be fine by me.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
OK OK OK maybe my post will make lives easier... or maybe you guys enjoy arguing but yea...

I joined EC

1. To seriously become a true top player and improve (higher skilled players are in EC, places to go with them... ex: Atomsk and I went to MDVA for an entire week.)

2. Crew Battles would be nice - the fact joining another crew that has a set team to battle with is something i have to respect out of the players that have BEEN in it longer, not something to look down on and cry about.

3. Band wagon or not - doesnt matter

4. I mean what else you want me to say? Great Inui discounts or something LMFAO...

During my week at MDVA with Atomsk, i was improving by the days, sometimes even by the hour. Eventually me and atomsk were bullying all of MDVA that was in the house at one point... This was a great feeling and my consistency is pretty solid right now, and i want it to keep increasing, EC is the right fit for me and my goals in smash it's just the way things gotta go down.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I wouldn't call the huge improvements of ADHD, Shadow, Doom, etc., after joining EC a mere coincidence. There's something about EC that creates power and encourages growth. Other crews apparently don't have that if they're nowhere near as strong.

I don't really think it needs explaining..
Considering ADHD doesn't play with you, I've never even heard of shadow playing with you, and Doom's been in the crew since my Ike could take him (far far more than three months), one might be able to come to the conclusion that (now hold on, this one might seem a bit obvious but) people get better as time progresses.

Hell, it's a surprise rookie didn't go farther from the reasonable to just say "Y'know what dudes, I improved a **** ton while I was in MD/VA, so guess where I'm moving?"

Actually, that might have been more reasonable, nevermind.

So no, it doesn't need explaining because you're stating something that doesn't even remotely stand true.

And really trevor, if you were done with this you'd have realized that the non-sequiturs do nothing about 3 or 4 posts ago.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
This is idiotic, He is in EC not ZB anymore. Crying anymore won't change it. I have no more reason to post in this thread for a while.

Top Bottom